PDA

View Full Version : Powerfull -- Childish

powerfull
11-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Tried a few new things with this song. Piano again, though. Hope you like it. :)
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/190479
Anything I could do to improve it or anything that needs to be fixed? I can do any editing for now until I exit the FL demo so, please let me know right away. :) Thanks.

Nu0n
11-28-2008, 08:34 AM
What is this for exactly? I can't really say what to correct but it is a bit slow.

powerfull
11-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Uh, I don't really know what it's for. It's just a song I made. You think it should be faster? Hm... I'll see what it sounds like faster. Thanks for listening to it. :)

funmonkey54
11-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Yes. Really slow. Progressively speed up through maybe the first 30 seconds.
Some parts just don't sound good. For instance: at 5 seconds into it, you play 2 notes that I can tell were written in to be like that, but they sound awful together. The melody you are carrying doesn't need that in there.
The whole thing is a bit basic. So, for a beginner piece, it is pretty decent.

dood gone krazee
11-28-2008, 10:02 AM
For a basic, yes it's alright. A lot of the chords you played just didn't mix well at all. You wanna make sure the notes mesh together and sound nice, unless it was meant to have that uncomfortable feel at a particular time.

championanwar
11-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Yes there are some notes that don't 100% go together, but in my opinion it makes it the tune it is. I like it, it's actually quite catchy. As James said, there is a small issue on dynamics, but I still like it alot.
Oh and this is not basic at all, this is alot better than that. A few minor tweaks and that'll be a masterpiece. Shame about the demo and stuff.

powerfull
11-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Thanks everyone for listening to it. :) I'm changing a few things with it right now. Um, the chords and notes were mentioned. A couple I thought yous were talking about were at 5, 11, 12, and 31 seconds into the song. Anymore? I've changed those already (Well, not the 31 yet).
And tempo. So it should be faster? Should I just, overall, make it faster? Or do certain parts seem to need to be faster than others?
Lastly, if anyone has the time, where do you feel the dynamics like piano or forte (if there's somewhere else you think forte goes) could be added?
Thanks again everyone for listening. :)

funmonkey54
11-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Fixing the chords was my main thing.
Also, I already said. I think you should start without a deep part. Start off with a quiet, slow, higher sound. Then speed up gradually until you get to 30 seconds or so and add in the low notes and sustain a faster speed.