PDA

View Full Version : Simfile DB not checked

NeedleJuice
11-11-2008, 03:39 AM
it recently occured to me that a numerous simfiles have been like skipped in the checking in the Simfile database, such as my newest one and some other users simfiles as well. But the newly uploaded simfiles are geting checked. WHy ?

devonin
11-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Skipped in the checking meaning? You mean nobody is playing them? Nobody is obliged to try out anybody's files. Maybe nobody has seen the songs and thought "Ooh I'd like to try that"

Bynary Fission
11-11-2008, 08:06 AM
Skipped in the checking meaning? You mean nobody is playing them? Nobody is obliged to try out anybody's files. Maybe nobody has seen the songs and thought "Ooh I'd like to try that"

Actually, I believe he's referring to this:

http://i35.tinypic.com/zyhphy.jpg

While I'm not totally sure about this, I don't think you can play or download any sims that haven't been checked yet, and he's saying this is happening to his sims.

~Bynary Fission

bluguerrilla
11-11-2008, 08:57 AM
I have no idea why this happens but seriously, did you step the intro to The L Word? Why?

Oni-Paranoia
11-11-2008, 09:34 AM
did you step the intro to The L Word? Why?
LOL
Also when theirs multiple uploads at once some become skipped, and when you have douches that upload 20 of there own crap in about 4 seconds, some simply are skipped. By all means, take it down, re-upload.

NeedleJuice
11-12-2008, 01:55 AM
there my friends i have reuploaded the simfile, hope you enjoy it

and yeah i stepped the intro to L-Word but it's not the TV-Show series l-word i have stepped it's the song by Ja-J that was in the Hopscotch mixes

TC_Halogen
11-12-2008, 02:09 AM
Actually, I believe he's referring to this:

http://i35.tinypic.com/zyhphy.jpg

While I'm not totally sure about this, I don't think you can play or download any sims that haven't been checked yet, and he's saying this is happening to his sims.

~Bynary Fission

Files with the "Not Checked" label actually can still be downloaded, it's just indicating that the file has not been checked for inclusion to Resonance. It hasn't been checked for any BPM changes/stops.

If you see "Time Change", it means is has a BPM change/stop.
If you see a box with a number on it, it's telling you the difficulty it falls under (from Beginner to Oni.), and it can be played in Resonance.

NeedleJuice
11-12-2008, 03:55 AM
okay now im pissed off to be honest.

i reuploaded my simfile this morning, and still it hasn't been checked. But there are two people who uploaded their simfiles after me and those were checked, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!!!:-x

NeedleJuice
11-12-2008, 12:17 PM
they still check the simfiles after mine but not my simfile....does ffr dislike me or something

who_cares973
11-12-2008, 12:29 PM
calm down lol like Halogen pointed out just because they havent been checked yet that doesnt mean people cant download them

NeedleJuice
11-12-2008, 12:32 PM
bt its more likely that hey wont download it since they dont se the displayed banner or audio whatsoever

devonin
11-12-2008, 01:10 PM
And yet every one of those sims in both screenshots that hadn't been checked yet had been downloaded, in some cases relatively often for how short a timespan they've been in the database.

So evidentally it's not at all a problem for downloaders that your file can't be played in resonance, which is so off-sync and terrible anyway, that it's probably better that they only get to play it in SM where it might actually work properly.

NeedleJuice
11-12-2008, 01:49 PM
yeah i agree devonin, but you have to agree it's a little anoying ;) what if it was your simfile ;)

TC_Halogen
11-12-2008, 01:53 PM
If it was his simfile, it's pretty obvious how he would feel simply by the way that he responded; he would be patient about it. A good simfiler can wait for things to be verified for Resonance, but those good simfilers also know that their sims are played in Resonance, they will be off-sync (given the fact that it actually is synced right). As it stands, people CAN still download your file, and if the song appeals to them (along with your graphics), they will download them. It doesn't matter whether or not it's been checked, because not too many people play Resonance anyway. ;)

Downloads are much more important for your sake, because people can give accurate reviews.

NeedleJuice
11-13-2008, 01:07 AM
yes of course, since i uploaded my Magnetman simfile to resonance but it was so off sync it was ridiculous

NeedleJuice
11-18-2008, 01:07 PM
does the admins check the unchecked simfiles after a while or does they leave em [not checked] ?

who_cares973
11-18-2008, 01:57 PM
does the admins check the unchecked simfiles after a while or does they leave em [not checked] ?

the simfileDB is the middle child of ffr

NeedleJuice
11-18-2008, 01:59 PM
what do you mean? (noob alert on needlejuice)

TC_Halogen
11-18-2008, 02:11 PM
yes of course, since i uploaded my Magnetman simfile to resonance but it was so off sync it was ridiculous

Resonance does alter the sync of songs, it uses a different machine offset of that from SM (that is, its base offset is different) and makes songs much earlier.

Songs are almost always checked. Read my post near the beginning of the thread regarding what each thing means.

ddr_f4n
11-18-2008, 02:18 PM
If it isn't checked, it just simply means that Resonance never loaded the song correctly (or at all) to be previewed in any way.

Either something is wrong with the format/file, or it's just that it's a simple bug that the admins never bother to fix. I'm guessing the latter.

BTW, I always preview the audio so I know that I'm going to download the right song (audio-wise and avoiding scam ie Rick Roll), so it is quite annoying to see if it isn't checked.

NeedleJuice
11-20-2008, 02:05 PM
okay now im properly pissed off

this is the fourth simfile i upload, and still it remains not checked, what the **** is going on

devonin
11-20-2008, 02:30 PM
The process of checking files is automated. Nobody does it, nobody can go manually check it. If you upload a file and there's an error and it doesn't check in a timely manner, just delete it, and re-upload it.

That's the only fix.

who_cares973
11-20-2008, 02:52 PM
the problem might be that you dont zip the folder you zip the files

NeedleJuice
11-21-2008, 01:28 AM
well i do put the files in a rar file, does that cause a problem in the uploading?

who_cares973
11-21-2008, 02:10 AM
well i do put the files in a rar file, does that cause a problem in the uploading?

let me show some screenshots brb

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h285/who_cares973/part1.gif
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h285/who_cares973/part2.gif

start zipping files like this

NeedleJuice
11-22-2008, 08:38 AM
i uloaded my NAOKI underground song in an smzip and it worked perfectly