PDA

View Full Version : Making Songs For FFR...

ChootyKingdom
10-17-2008, 03:42 PM
hey , how do I make songs for ffr? I know that after I make em I gotta put under simfiles, but do I use StepMania, and how do I upload it?
Also, once its uploaded how can it be in the real game?

bmah
10-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Well first there's a difference between making a song for the simfile database (known as FFR Resonance) and making a song for the actual FFR game. One of the main differences is that you can upload a simfile anytime to FFR Resonance for the public to play. There are some more formalities and rules when trying to submit a simfile for the actual FFR game - judges will determine whether it's good enough to be added to the game.
I suggest that you don't start with the latter, since it appears that you're just beginning to explore techniques in stepping songs.
Use the search function for the forums and search for topics such as how to make a simfile in Stepmania. I believe there's a topic in the FFR General Chat forum. Have people evaluate your stepping skills by uploading them to FFR Resonance and asking for people's opinions. Once you feel more confident in your stepping skills, then try to step a song for FFR. It's a learning process. :)

Azafreak
10-17-2008, 04:33 PM
I think he means put in FFR the flash game. It's just like SM, you open a folder and you put it in or you upload this from the database of FFR? It's convert automaticly in Flash ?

bmah
10-17-2008, 04:43 PM
No Azafreak, he's not wanting to know the the conversion process of a simfile to a flash game. He's just asking for the basics.

Azafreak
10-17-2008, 04:45 PM
oh ok. But I want, me. Can you tell me this without creating a new thread?

Tasselfoot
10-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Chooty: it's helpful to read stickies... this is one of them in this very subforum: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=72047

Aza: i really have no idea what you're talking about. in terms of making a file... you'd make it just like SM, only no holds or mines. in terms of conversion... you take a .dwi, convert it to a format flash can read, put it into an .fla with the .mp3, export to a .swf, upload it to FFR, create the text data for the level.