PDA

View Full Version : Sympathy thread: I just switched from arrows to keyboard

sarevok9
10-6-2008, 12:57 AM
As the title states I just recently switched from the <, >, v , ^, so a less gay a(left)s(down),k(up)L(right) setup. This was mainly so I can start playing without certain mods on...

I went from 13/14 step songs to like... 10? 11? I've been dying to 1 hand ( up, right, repeat, or down, left, repeat) streams... Anyone have any advice for someone who is used to doing streams with 2 hands?

Thanks and <3's

TheRapingDragon
10-6-2008, 03:14 AM
Just keep practicing. Play songs with lots of one-hand stream and work at it. Learn the patterns and how your hand moves and you'll get it eventually.

Not much else I can advise.

sarevok9
10-6-2008, 06:26 AM
Just keep practicing. Play songs with lots of one-hand stream and work at it. Learn the patterns and how your hand moves and you'll get it eventually.

Not much else I can advise.

Happen to know of any decent songs to practice on? My music library is only 100 or so songs, so I think I'll need to expand it a bit to get the amount of practice necessary to make up for what I lost in transition.

TheRapingDragon
10-6-2008, 03:17 PM
Haven't played SM in over a year so I'm not up to date on songs. Nor where to even get them. Same with FFR, not sure about songs enough.

Just look for stream stuff. Off the top of my head stuff like Emerald Sword and lots of Melonman files should have one-hand stream parts.