Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
Zakvvv666
I catch fruit
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default [Solved] Need help with finding some software/drivers

I'm going to start recording gameplay and making a few "Let's Play ...." series in the near future, and I need some help with getting some software and maybe some drivers if needed.

First thing I need is the ability to capture audio directly from my laptop, I'm not sure why, but I'm unable to do that in multiple different programs I've tried, which makes me think it's probably just a driver issue, but I'm unable to find what I need to fix this.

The second thing I need is a reliable program to record with that will let me record my screen, the audio from my laptop (when I have that worked out) and also my own voice, and all other programs I've seen so far only allow recording from one audio source, so I might have to just go with a separate audio file to add to videos.

I've tried asking a couple friends for help on this, but they weren't really able to assist me, so I figured I would make a thread so I can have a wider range of possible help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
I'll bid a single erotic yet safe-for-work photo of me posing while wearing my Piplup hat while sucking on a blueberry lollipop with my mouth partially open so you can see the lollipop color to verify it's blueberryness.

Disclaimer: This photo is not guaranteed to cause pleasure.

Zakvvv666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight
Default Re: Need help with finding some software/drivers

CamStudio. Go.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
Zakvvv666
I catch fruit

I tried it, it wouldn't record the audio.

Quote:
I'll bid a single erotic yet safe-for-work photo of me posing while wearing my Piplup hat while sucking on a blueberry lollipop with my mouth partially open so you can see the lollipop color to verify it's blueberryness.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

fraps is your best bet. its what i use to record my preview vids
Old 01-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
Zakvvv666
I catch fruit

I haven't tried it on this laptop before, so I'll see if it works later today, I hope it does.

Quote:

Old 01-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #6
ELRayford
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

You are going to need to enable "Stereo Mix" as your main Recording device. In order to help you further I need to know what Operating System you are using.

Fraps is good. CamStudio is p good. As far as recording both Direct Sound and your voice, you can, If you have some headphones and have a mic set up. You will need to have "windows" "listen" to the Mic and then the program to record the direct sound aka stereo mix. Doing this will allow you to hear your voice through your headphones. Once you can hear yourself in the headphones and your recording program is set to record "stereo Mix" you will also be recording your voice. I think it would be a better idea to go back in and make a second audio track though.

EDIT: If you would like to install Teamviewer, I would be willing to set it up for you :D

Last edited by ELRayford; 01-10-2012 at 12:56 PM..
ELRayford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #7
Zakvvv666
I catch fruit

I went in and found Stereo Mix was disabled all this time, I never knew about that, as all my previous computers had it enabled by default, so I have that out of the way now, and later on, I will be trying out Fraps and Camstudio, etc. to see what will work best for me, as I will be making videos of not only gameplay on my laptop, I'll also be recording my Xbox sometimes using my capture card, although I still need a better one first.

Quote:

Old 01-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #8
Zakvvv666
I catch fruit

Played around with some settings, and I can record my audio directly, but the problem I now have is I can't get it to do so unless I have it as my default device, which makes it so my voice won't record with it, which will be okay for things like FFR videos, but at this point my only option might be to get a separate program just to record my microphone.

Quote:

Old 01-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #9
fido123
FFR Player

What OS are you using? XP? Vista? 7? OS X? You can actually enable your microphone to capture audio out without any software that's not already included with your OS. If you're using an application to do it though I'd assume it should do it. Not really an expert on this stuff in particular.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
Zakvvv666
I catch fruit

I have windows 7, and when I have it set up to play my voice through my speakers, Stereo mix stops working until I disable the listen option on my mic. So I can only record one.

Quote:

Old 01-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #11
Zakvvv666
I catch fruit

Alright, I know everything I'm going to have to do now, all I need is a program to work with Splitcam(program I use to stream my screen) because Camstudio is laggy for me, even after I messed with the video options. My only problem is I cant use Splitcam on Windows Live Movie Maker, it just won't appear on the list of webcams, so I just need a lag free program that allows me to select which video device I want to record from.

Quote:

Old 01-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #12
Crashfan3
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Crashfan3 Send a message via Skype™ to Crashfan3

Your best bet for a video recording program is BB Flashback Pro, I've found that it has the best compatibility with newer systems. I used to use CamStudio but I switched to BB Flashback Pro and I love it.

I don't know if you can record both computer audio and microphone audio using that program but what you can do is get a free voice recorder (there are dozens of good ones out there) and simultaneously record two streams, then merge the two in Vegas or WMM and then upload to YouTube or GameAnyone (etc) from there.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #13
Zakvvv666
I catch fruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashfan3 View Post
Your best bet for a video recording program is BB Flashback Pro, I've found that it has the best compatibility with newer systems. I used to use CamStudio but I switched to BB Flashback Pro and I love it.

I don't know if you can record both computer audio and microphone audio using that program but what you can do is get a free voice recorder (there are dozens of good ones out there) and simultaneously record two streams, then merge the two in Vegas or WMM and then upload to YouTube or GameAnyone (etc) from there.
I love you <3 I downloaded this and it works like a charm, no lag, records my speakers AND my mic at once, and it's easy to use. Thank you so much.

Quote: