Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk

Old 08-4-2008, 07:13 PM   #1
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr
Default 10 Reasons Why YOU Should Subscribe

Why should you subscribe to FFR, you may ask? Well, there's plenty of reasons. There's countless benefits to being on the blue side, and you'll be contributing to the community, which you're a part of, so it helps you, too!
So, what're the top 10 reasons why you should subscribe? Here they are, with no more delay:

1 - A blue name -
You'll get that sexy blue name the rest of us have. Think yours is cool? Wait until you slap a little blue to it, bright and bold it'll enhance the forums and show what a true FFR member you are!

2 - No advertisements -
You know the ads that float around the bottom and top of the page, and sometimes in right in the middle? Well, they'll be out of your way, and you can enjoy top-quality FFR! See, Synth uses these ads to help the site. He lets people advertise on his site, they give him money for it. All works out, right? Well, if you're contributing why do you need to see those flashy ads? You don't!

3 - View your credit transactions -
How does this come in handy? Many, many ways. Plan on hosting a tournament and want to know all the people who've contributed to it? Just click the button, and you're in the clear. Or, do you not remember losing your credits? Perhaps you sent some to a friend, it'll show you right there. And even if you're just interested in seeing what you've done with them all.

4 - Level stats -
A very accurate way to see how much better you need to get. It shows the top 1000 players, and 4 decimal places into it. For example, MrRubix is 1.4129, while Shash is 1.4974. It'll show exactly who's the best, so you can strive for being the top player of FFR!

5 - An FFR E-mail address -
Do I need to explain this one? Why waste all your time with Hotmail, Yahoo, and AOL when you can have a FlashFlashRevolution E-mail address? The best part is, it'll always be there. Even after you lose your subscription, which we hope you won't, you'll still have it. Synth says that since you contributed to the site already, you deserve to keep it. Think of it as a permanent commemoration for your help to the site!

6 - Being a beta tester -
Yeah, we get all those good things. You know when they fixed av misses? Guess who tested it first. Or the beloved gambling function? We got it all first. From speed mods to the drop down menu, you can see things from the point we do. All the new functions implemented in the game and the site go through us first, so we can check for bug and get a feel for everything. You could, too!

7 - Token level ranks -
Do you want to see your total rank for token songs? Or how about the rank you've gotten on the? As we all know, they don't record these scores publicly, so here's the place you can go to see them!

8 - Private Subscribers Forum -
That's right, there's an entire forum designed for subscribers. It's private, so the regular users can't see it. There's other forum benefits to being a subscriber, too. You can see the users that are using the vBulletin function "Invisible." That's always handy for when you're trying to closely watch something. And not only that, you get a Custom Title. You must have seen them by now, but everyone who has a blue name gets to make their own title. There are limits to this, to avoid chaos (just can't put "Banned" "Junior Member" "Member" "Senior Member" "Super Moderator" "Chat Mod" "Profile Mod" "Multiplayer Mod" "Admin" "Certified Postwhore" "FFR R1 Sim File Author" or "FFR R1 Music Producer" which hopefully you won't have to worry about messing around with). Oh, and did I mention that you can hold 5000 messages in your message box, and you can send up to 25 PM's at once?

9 - Subscriber Updates -
We get some pretty cool things with this. On the front page where there's the updates, we get our own, special updates. This runs everywhere from the thoughts that run through Tass' head, to alerting us about new function, to the Song of the Week (which we also get early access to).

10 - Reporting Profiles -
There's a red exclamation point in the corner of every profile, that subscribers can click to report a profile. The theory behind it is that if you care enough of the site to contribute, you will most likely care enough to report a profile when it's bad and breaks rules.

And there you have it, 10 awesome reasons why YOU should subscribe to FlashFlashRevolution .Here's a few easy tips for getting started:
If you're a guest using the site, we encourage you to register, which is 100% completely free, and only takes a minute. Click the red Register button in the top right hand corner, and fill out the information. If you're not new and you already have an account, click the FFR Store button, also in the top of the main page. You'll see a drop down menu, and click the third choice, down. Getting started is easy, the only thing you need is a PayPal account! You can get many varying subscriptions. As little as a month to test it out, and as much as a year! The prices are cheap and affordable:

1 month subscription to FFR - $3.50 (wow, isn't that a great price?)

6 month subscription to FFR - $21.00 (look at that! Amazing prices they're giving you, take advantage of it!)

1 year subscription to FFR- $38.00 (insane!)
Afraid you don't have the money to do it yourself? Never fear, there's always another way! Some of our most generous members have devoted their time and money into helping the site and its members, for only FFR credits! The best known of these people is our very own, Emerald000! There are several people that open shops, and have very low prices1 Credits = money! How can you get credits? Gambling, winning tournaments and contests, and the classic way: Playing the game!

What if you're ton really interested in subscribing, but would like to help the site out in some other way? Why don't you strut your stuff with an FFR T shirt? Or decorate your life with stickers? They come cheap, and beautiful:

The shirts:

New One Minute Waltz - $19.50. This amazing piece of art work is themed from our classical song, One Minute Waltz. Get yours now! (heck, even I have one). A black theme with a pattern from the song and the FFR guy right on it!

FFR Top 1000 - Look down and BAM, top 1000 players on FFR of 2007. This can be yours for a stimulation $19.50!

FFR "All Skill" Navy Spring '07 - The standard and signature FFR "All Skill" hand, with the FFR logo and hand. Get yours now for $19.50!
The Stickers:

FFR Arrows Sticker (4
4.75" x 5.5") - A spiffy little sticker with our flashy FFR logo and a few arrows, to point out how cool this sticker is. Show your friends and family the community you belong to for only $3.50.

FFR Guy Blade Sticker (4.75" x 5.5") - A pretty cool blue sticker with the FFR guy on it, doing is trademark stance and the "FlashFlashRevolution" words at the bottom. I even have it as my current avatar! Snag one now for just $3.50 before they're all out!

FFR Guy Sticker (5.5" x 6") - this ones bigger and bolder than the other two, but still the same affordable price; a mind numbing $3.50!

But wait, I'm not really interested in anything materialistic? Then don't hesitate to simply donate. All funds go to helping out the FlashFlashRevolution community, and making it better than ever! Remember it's people like you who even bother to read this that we really appreciate. Putting forth your contributions help out each and every of our 1.5+ million users, and the thousands of guests we get every day. So, take some time out of your day to Grab a shirt or sticker, or snag yourself a subscription and gain countless benefits!

Credits:
I must thank JasonKey and MalDON for ok'ing this, and helping me for some of my ideas, as well as Devonin. Also, Travman301 for giving me a little feedback on why he's kept his subscription for the past 4 years! And finally I have to mention Championanwar for giving me the price ranges when my browser wouldn't let me see them. thank you all, very much, and I hope we can all benefit from this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll
Default Re: Top 10 Reasons Why YOU Should Subscribe

I don't think "A blue name" is the #1 reason.

"Or how about the rank you've gotten on the? "

Typo btw.
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Bluearrowll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
s0ulst0n3
<SPACE FOR RENT>
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via AIM to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via MSN to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Yahoo to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Skype™ to s0ulst0n3

Fishing for a sticky? :P
Old 08-4-2008, 07:18 PM   #4
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Do not purchase anything but a 3.50 1 month recurring subscription. The prices stay the same, but with a 1 month you can cancel at any 1 month interval.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2008, 07:18 PM   #5
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

May want to add that you can view other people's token and regular level stats as well. Custom titles should get their own section.

EDIT: Just for aesthetics, you may want to follow the same format for all of your titles, i.e. capitalize all of the words in the colored titles.

Last edited by foilman8805; 08-4-2008 at 10:36 PM..
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2008, 07:18 PM   #6
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

The list isn't in order, I just mad it as I went along. I talked with MalDON and Jason about some of the ideas, and they didn't really give any, just said it was a good idea.

Quote:
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

Old 08-4-2008, 07:23 PM   #7
emerald000
the Mathemagician~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to emerald000

Wow, I actually got on that. Nice list. You forgot a couple of points like: viewing other people level ranks, ordering level ranks, beta level reader, some couple secret stuff.

But yeah, 3,50$ per month is really a joke. It is around 10 cents per day. Don't tell me you can't afford that. And no, you don't need a credit card, only a bank account.

So yeah, subscribers not only get a lot of cool stuff, they also help FFR. So everyone's happy!
emerald000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2008, 07:23 PM   #8
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

already a subby woot
Old 08-4-2008, 07:26 PM   #9
Xception704
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ulst0n3 View Post
Fishing for a sticky? :P
Now tell everyone why your post is useful in the slightest.

... yeah I thought so.

Good job with typing all this up. I might suggest that you get rid of the bright green color. I have to highlight it to make the text readable.
Xception704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2008, 07:29 PM   #10
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

Quote:
FFR Top 1000 - Look down and BAM, top 1000 players on FFR of 2007. This can be yours for a stimulation $19.50!
Also, do you mean 'stimulating'? Even if you do, that's a pretty poor choice of words. I'm not trying to tear you up here, but you need to come up with adjectives that actually fit.
Old 08-4-2008, 07:31 PM   #11
Izzy
Snek

Should rename it from "top 10 reasons" to 10 reasons, since they arent in order.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2008, 07:31 PM   #12
Panic4Me
o_o
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Panic4Me Send a message via MSN to Panic4Me Send a message via Skype™ to Panic4Me

I love all the benefits of being a sub. Like the sexeh blue name. Definitely #1. xD

♥R.I.P. Jellygod♥

Panic4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2008, 07:33 PM   #13
Mr.Nothing
R.I.P. Steve <3
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Nothing

rzr is fishin' for a sticky. :]
Kind of unnecessary, but nice I guess.
Old 08-4-2008, 07:33 PM   #14
rzr
TWG Veteran

Default Re: 10 Reasons Why YOU Should Subscribe

I do not know how to rename it. I have tried, but I can't. Also, I will be updating it. Jason hasn't gotten around to seeing it, so I haven't added in a few things. When I do, I will update it with some of the suggestions.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-4-2008, 07:35 PM   #15
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tupacodaman

looks good to me!
tupacodaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2008, 07:35 PM   #16
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

You know, you really just needed someone to proofread this. There's a lot of grammar errors too.

Consider adding pictures too.
Old 08-4-2008, 07:36 PM   #17
Crizo92
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Do not purchase anything but a 3.50 1 month recurring subscription. The prices stay the same, but with a 1 month you can cancel at any 1 month interval.
You get a dollar off for getting a year.
Crizo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-4-2008, 07:42 PM   #18
rzr
TWG Veteran

Foilman likes to ruin my fun.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-4-2008, 07:42 PM   #19
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr View Post
Foilman likes to ruin my fun.

No, no. I like this thread, it just needs to be spruced up.
Old 08-4-2008, 07:43 PM   #20
rzr
TWG Veteran

You could have said that instead of the constant criticism.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote: