Old 08-31-2020, 01:45 PM   #81
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Charu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 30
Posts: 7,081
Default Re: Social Media Drama

I don't even know who Leafy is, but a quick google made me go.

"So... an internet troll that got youtube level popular?"

Social media drama indeed.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

Last edited by Charu; 08-31-2020 at 01:45 PM..
Charu is offline  
Old 08-31-2020, 05:02 PM   #82
XelNya
【花歩】
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,980
Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
the precedent that leafy's ban sets is hardly a problem lol. I'm far more interested in censorship by way of abusing the system, the fact that literally anyone can get a channel in hot water simply by submitting a false copyright claim is far more fucked up than youtube killing someone's channel because their content revolves around being an insufferable asshole to other random youtube channels.


this is such a telling statement


well yes
1. It is a problem. You fought in the army, and don't hold that free speech is important? What a fucking waste.
2. We are close to the point where that route of censorship will be less efficient, if you're a woman, namely on Twitch, it already is.
3. Being an ass hole isn't a crime. Stop making it come off like he deserves to lose a chance at income because he's a jerk. YOU wouldn't last in a job climate like that, and I wouldn't be that far ahead of you in that regard. If this was about him saying the "n-word" you'd actually have an argument. One I don't agree with, but there's at least a discussion there. But that isn't what it's about, you daft fuck.
4. It's not, my stance on that is probably pretty known. Considering I literally less than two months ago stormed into a thread, belatedly, to take what I said was a "petty victory lap."
5. Then actually shut up and walk away before you actually make yourself look worse.

Mellon, it's bad if you think de-platforming is ok, and it's a bit telling. But I am not per-say shocked. I disagree with you, but at least you'll sort of admit it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
you're on thin ice there bud
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricZap9 View Post
irrelevant
XelNya is offline  
Old 08-31-2020, 05:18 PM   #83
theropfather
FFR Player
 
theropfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 15
Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
1. It is a problem. You fought in the army, and don't hold that free speech is important? What a fucking waste.
2. We are close to the point where that route of censorship will be less efficient, if you're a woman, namely on Twitch, it already is.
3. Being an ass hole isn't a crime. Stop making it come off like he deserves to lose a chance at income because he's a jerk. YOU wouldn't last in a job climate like that, and I wouldn't be that far ahead of you in that regard. If this was about him saying the "n-word" you'd actually have an argument. One I don't agree with, but there's at least a discussion there. But that isn't what it's about, you daft fuck.
4. It's not, my stance on that is probably pretty known. Considering I literally less than two months ago stormed into a thread, belatedly, to take what I said was a "petty victory lap."
5. Then actually shut up and walk away before you actually make yourself look worse.

Mellon, it's bad if you think de-platforming is ok, and it's a bit telling. But I am not per-say shocked. I disagree with you, but at least you'll sort of admit it.
Did you know that you're retarded? Just checking.
theropfather is offline  
Old 08-31-2020, 05:18 PM   #84
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
Coolboyrulez0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 27
Posts: 9,816
Default Re: Social Media Drama

ChudNya
Coolboyrulez0 is offline  
Old 08-31-2020, 05:23 PM   #85
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Netjet!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Age: 27
Posts: 4,694
Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!
Default Re: Social Media Drama

What the fuck did I just read
__________________
RIP Steve Van Ness <3
Netjet! is offline  
Old 08-31-2020, 05:26 PM   #86
.Gazelle.
Mr. Skeltal
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
.Gazelle.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lowell,MA
Age: 24
Posts: 1,466
Default Re: Social Media Drama

you do realize that youtube is not public property of the united states of america? you click agree to their terms of service when you click sign up and you are subject to their rules on their platform
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKrispyKreme View Post
Rap music is music. However, It's not in the traditional sense of how we understand music. The vocals are filled with slangs that gangs used since the 70s and a lot of the instrumentations are replaced with "Street Sounds" instead of traditional instruments. Music is defined as any combination of sounds that is pleasing to the ear, so while one person may find it as "noise" another person can find it pleasing to the ear and so call "vibe" with it as how I think the kids would say it these days.
.Gazelle. is offline  
Old 08-31-2020, 05:33 PM   #87
.Gazelle.
Mr. Skeltal
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
.Gazelle.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lowell,MA
Age: 24
Posts: 1,466
Default Re: Social Media Drama

leafy's entire career was based around targeted mean spirited harassment of people, often people who were very obviously mentally unsound. he's been violating TOS for years it just finally caught up to him
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKrispyKreme View Post
Rap music is music. However, It's not in the traditional sense of how we understand music. The vocals are filled with slangs that gangs used since the 70s and a lot of the instrumentations are replaced with "Street Sounds" instead of traditional instruments. Music is defined as any combination of sounds that is pleasing to the ear, so while one person may find it as "noise" another person can find it pleasing to the ear and so call "vibe" with it as how I think the kids would say it these days.
.Gazelle. is offline  
Old 08-31-2020, 05:44 PM   #88
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator
 
mellonxcollie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Confirmed.
Age: 29
Posts: 1,691
Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie
Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Mellon, it's bad if you think de-platforming is ok, and it's a bit telling. But I am not per-say shocked. I disagree with you, but at least you'll sort of admit it.
I'll sort of admit it...? you can say a lot of things about me but I stand by my convictions dude lol. I believe free speech is a right that people deserve to exercise in public, but that private places/websites should have control over their private property. If someone is doing something you don't like in your own house you don't really need a reason to kick them out, youtube doesn't need a reason either since they own the platform.

And I watch gossip and commentary channels, I don't have a problem with people criticizing other people or being involved in youtube drama. I think it's fine but if youtube wants to kick him off, I really don't care since it's their site

the dude isn't banned from the entire internet. He's been banned from one site, a site that is already notorious for deleting content for bullshit reasons while leaving very problematic stuff out in the open. You are probably right in that this one guy was singled out while other channels get away with doing the exact same thing. But this is just the way youtube is and it always has been
__________________
Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline  
Old 08-31-2020, 07:51 PM   #89
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 24
Posts: 2,218
Default Re: Social Media Drama

why all y'all gotta be like this though

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropfather View Post
Did you know that you're retarded? Just checking.
please no

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
If this was about him saying the "n-word" you'd actually have an argument. One I don't agree with, but there's at least a discussion there. But that isn't what it's about, you daft fuck.
also please no
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)


Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Heh never underestimate the power of free time
boredom
wanting to get to know you all
true love
a sense of community
blackmail
weekend warriors
my desire to know everyone's dirty lil secrets


our mutual desire to be funny bois and gurls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
There comes a point where we have to ask our selves, "do we really want to deal with that, desperate as we are?"

I think we can all agree on the answer, yeah?
Funnygurl555 is offline  
Old 08-31-2020, 07:54 PM   #90
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 24
Posts: 2,218
Default Re: Social Media Drama

you really, really, REALLY, don't gotta resort to ad hominem when arguing with someone you disagree with. cut it out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)


Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Heh never underestimate the power of free time
boredom
wanting to get to know you all
true love
a sense of community
blackmail
weekend warriors
my desire to know everyone's dirty lil secrets


our mutual desire to be funny bois and gurls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
There comes a point where we have to ask our selves, "do we really want to deal with that, desperate as we are?"

I think we can all agree on the answer, yeah?
Funnygurl555 is offline  
Old 08-31-2020, 08:19 PM   #91
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Event StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
gold stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 25
Posts: 5,597
Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Gazelle. View Post
leafy's entire career was based around targeted mean spirited harassment of people, often people who were very obviously mentally unsound. he's been violating TOS for years it just finally caught up to him
Personally on the topic of Leafy, I think he's treading a grey area. He's not necessarily harassing people or targeting people whom are mentally unsound. (A lot of the massive, noteworthy instances involving him, are.) But, a lot of the content that he made trafficked negative responses from fans onto those peoples' platforms, channel, or comment sections. He also doesn't necessarily take responsibility for situations that fall into this grey area either, other than the small few times where it garnished noteworthy attention. So on one end, it's not his fault because he has nothing to do with how or what his fans do, and on the other end, people hold him to a higher standard than others because his words can move massive amounts of negativity onto someone else.

Keemstar more or less falls into this weird grey area for me as well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
butts.



- Tosh 2014





Last edited by gold stinger; 08-31-2020 at 08:20 PM..
gold stinger is offline  
Old 08-31-2020, 08:25 PM   #92
XelNya
【花歩】
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,980
Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
I'll sort of admit it...? you can say a lot of things about me but I stand by my convictions dude lol. I believe free speech is a right that people deserve to exercise in public, but that private places/websites should have control over their private property. If someone is doing something you don't like in your own house you don't really need a reason to kick them out, youtube doesn't need a reason either since they own the platform.
The bolded part is why I worded it how I did. I didn't want to fully say you're aligned there, because you just said yourself you aren't. But you lean in that direction as far as I understand.

I was really trying to not put words in your mouth, I hope that comes across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Gazelle. View Post
you do realize that youtube is not public property of the united states of america? you click agree to their terms of service when you click sign up and you are subject to their rules on their platform
Youtube's CEO tries to proclaim the platform is for free speech. You can argue with me about specifics, they are trying to have it both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropfather View Post
Did you know that you're retarded? Just checking.
I'm not. I've got a mental issue, but it isn't like that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
ChudNya
hahahahaha

no
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
you're on thin ice there bud
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricZap9 View Post
irrelevant

Last edited by XelNya; 08-31-2020 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: not sure mental disorder is the right phrase
XelNya is offline  
Old 08-31-2020, 09:12 PM   #93
choof
youtu.be/sM5hlrkaPSo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
choof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,205
Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
1. It is a problem. You fought in the army, and don't hold that free speech is important? What a fucking waste.
I'm not even going to get into my time spent in the army, so all I'll say is that I "fought" to uphold the constitution for the United States of America, not Youtube. quite literally the first thing out of my mouth when I recited the oath of enlistment.
and even if the American idea of free speech applied to Youtube, freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences. hate speech is a prime example of this. it's your constitutional right to spout off some dumb shit but it'll likely result in you getting your ass kicked.


Quote:
2. We are close to the point where that route of censorship will be less efficient, if you're a woman, namely on Twitch, it already is.
this seems non sequitur, what are you even talking about?


Quote:
3. Being an ass hole isn't a crime. Stop making it come off like he deserves to lose a chance at income because he's a jerk.
this isn't an issue of someone saying something rude online and then having their employer called, this is someone making a living off weaponizing their fans and sending droves of hate towards easy targets. he isn't simply "being an asshole."


Quote:
YOU wouldn't last in a job climate like that, and I wouldn't be that far ahead of you in that regard.
I have no idea what you're trying to say here

Quote:
If this was about him saying the "n-word" you'd actually have an argument. One I don't agree with, but there's at least a discussion there. But that isn't what it's about, you daft fuck.
I'm hoping your argument for the use of the n-word is primarily an academic one, because unless you're reading something like the adventures of tom sawyer aloud in a classroom, there's really no reason for anyone to use it.
I doubt you know or care about the idea of reclamation so I'm not going to get into it.


Quote:
4. It's not, my stance on that is probably pretty known. Considering I literally less than two months ago stormed into a thread, belatedly, to take what I said was a "petty victory lap."
not sure what you're referring to

Quote:
5. Then actually shut up and walk away before you actually make yourself look worse.
I've made myself look like shit in other situations but this is not one of them. take a step back and look at the responses to what you've posted in this thread. you are the one making yourself look worse lol, you're defending a dude who makes a living off bullying small youtubers. did you not read anything I posted about him bullying an autistic kid to the point of tears and wanting to kill himself, or are you purposefully ignoring that? also your point about the n-word will be read into by basically everyone as "man I wish I could use the n-word without getting my shit kicked in" so merely by virtue of that, You Look Like Shit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
I'm a dark giraffe in this maniera
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Accurate. Most of my friends have been women.

Last edited by choof; 08-31-2020 at 09:13 PM..
choof is offline  
Old 08-31-2020, 09:24 PM   #94
Walrusizer
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
Walrusizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,050
Send a message via Skype™ to Walrusizer
Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
3. Being an ass hole isn't a crime. Stop making it come off like he deserves to lose a chance at income because he's a jerk.
Basically everything that you've said is profoundly stupid, but this is on another level. Next time I go to work I'll start making fun of the other employees and whine about free speech when I get fired. You are truly brilliant!
__________________
is expressing my inability to create a creative signature an act of creativity in and of itself?
Walrusizer is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution