Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2022, 08:03 PM   #201
Matthia
🍍Pineapple Man🍍
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Song Corrections Thread

pretty minor but this space should get removed from the title

Matthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 08:08 PM   #202
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthia View Post
pretty minor but this space should get removed from the title

Fixed, had to remove the cross symbol though since it broke the song name in-game. Used + instead.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 10:44 PM   #203
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Everything mentioned here has been fixed, except for the stuff listed below
Whew. I am hugely grateful for your work, thank you! Again, I'll be collecting these exceptions and summarize them into a guidelines/public consensus thread, but for now I'm resuming the research. Just need some clarifications though:

1) Handling remixes and features will be a breeze now, but the only aspect I'm still uncertain is if we're alright with crediting Wild Cherry, Blink-182 and other popular acts. I'm thinking these were originally withheld to avoid the ire of mainstream labels, and I would err on the side of caution. If it's also a yes on your side, I'll make the adjustments.

2) Concerning aliases, I've noticed all of RYO's catalog are now moved under Ryo Nakamura. IIRC, researching his case, I think it was a long name change where at some point he was using his two aliases concurrently/semi-consistently, with Ray of Moonlight and Daybreak being released earlier under RYO. Honestly I can go both ways, especially in this case (since RYO is just a diminutive), but do you think it's best to merge aliases under one artist when reasonable/applicable? Or should I stick to identifying what alias it was originally published as (less likely to generate permission conflicts)?

3) Not sure I understand your Andrew Huang comments fully, but here's what I can gather: the original permission can be found in the Artist Blanket Permission v5 thread (https://www.flashflashrevolution.com...to#post3540847). It is curiously absent from the main permission list, but Noname took the time to trace it back. YoshL's permission seems to blanket Andrew Huang's material, with a specific link to the songstowearpantsto domain. Meaning, anything under the Songs To Wear Pants To should be fully cleared (or at least anything published on that domain), so it's really the Andrew Huang attribution we would be appending. Not sure if I'm really answering anything.

-

And two corrections:

4) Now that I know that the feat. abbreviation both denotes remixers and features, there's one correction I've submitted that reads as incorrect. The Wish (Kyrn Remix) is both a remix and a feature, and should technically be read as "original song by jihnsius featuring Charlotte Summer on vocals then remixed by Kyrn". I think it would officially translate into "Kyrn feat. jihnsius & Charlotte Summer" but I'm not sure.

5) About that T. Leen guy. I have cross-referenced the old classicalarchives.com MIDI page we used in our research (http://web.archive.org/web/200508311.../beethovn.html) with their current one (https://www.classicalarchives.com/mi...oser/2156.html) and have found out that every instance where T. Leen was credited have now been attributed to Bunji Hisamori. Incidentally, I was leaving these classical music cases for later, but should probably research them now that I know how to proceed. Anyways, here's the correction:

[214] Ludwig van Beethoven / T. Leen > Ludwig van Beethoven / Bunji Hisamori

Last edited by Crazyjayde; 02-21-2022 at 10:46 PM..
Crazyjayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 11:12 PM   #204
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

1) mainstream labels can look at the credits all they want. FFR is trying to be as fair as possible by providing attribution to everyone involved in a music piece, not just the remixer. If a particular music label does not want to be credited out of fear of being associated with FFR (which FFR very much does not to any one particular music artist or label), or another reason, then they can get in-contact with FFR through FFR's e-mail system. In most cases involved here, FFR adopted the attribution provided by the initial song release of the music author. If the song in question never credited other authors, then they likely were never included here.

2) Aliases should be under the name of the Alias in which they were published. Even if one particular author goes under many different Aliases (such as Renard). These Aliases are credited by linking to the main music author's wiki page, where their Aliases are listed, and what songs are currently in-game under which Alias name.

3) What I am getting at is related to bullet point 2 above, in clarification regarding Aliases. Andrew Huang has songs in-game under 'Andrew Huang', 'Girl' and 'songstowearpantsto'. They also have the added alias of 'andrewismusic'. All the songs are credited differently based on how they are published for release, and I am requesting a confirmation of how exactly we should handle attribution of these songs. Am I updating ONLY the songs credited to 'songstowearpantsto'? Am I changing ALL of Andrew Huang's crediting to 'Songs To Wear Pants To'? Or am I changing only the ones outlined in your previous post?

4) & 5) have been Fixed and yes, you were correct on "Kyrn feat. jihnsius & Charlotte Summer" in this case.

- Tosh 2014

Old 02-21-2022, 11:49 PM   #205
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Or am I changing only the ones outlined in your previous post?
This. Same goes for RYO actually. I'm using the song ID to specify the exact song entry where a change must be made in the artist field. If ever there was a case where an artist is straight up erroneous, I would then list all the relevant song IDs for that corresponding artist.

So that means:

-RYO- in-game songs should be : Daybreak & Ray of Moonlight
Ryo Nakamura in-game songs should be : Futurity & Late Summer

And only It's Too Loud & Internet Heroes are to be moved under Song To Wear Pants To.
Crazyjayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 01:02 PM   #206
SubaruPoptart
da kyo~
Number Judger
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Wiki StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SubaruPoptart

Also btw rq: The song "kiss the sexy robot ultimate championship 201X!!!" [2879]'s original title is "kiss the sexy robot?? ultimate championshiop 201X!!!" as shown here:

and here: http://underveil.unisphere.tv/sequel/

I thought it didn't have the ?'s because no other titles did, but then I found a whole bunch of em including the more recently renamed "Of course you need me".

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamerai View Post
damnit subaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
if cocoa flips town, n2 vig should shoot zenith obv
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Okay, I'm 7 pages deep and this is a shitfest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
wolf gurls exist awooo owo ¿furries? owo awoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
My beak is bigger than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Oh God it's Subaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
ㅤㅤ

SubaruPoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 02:03 PM   #207
gold stinger

Alright, everything is up-to-date to here.

- Tosh 2014

Old 02-24-2022, 03:20 AM   #208
jh05013
oh hi
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Now that Unshakeable and Unshakable have artist tags, should the 3 Flights of the Bumblebee have artist tags too? Also not sure if v2 should be called v2, since v1 and v2 have different audio.
jh05013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 12:14 PM   #209
gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh05013 View Post
Now that Unshakeable and Unshakable have artist tags, should the 3 Flights of the Bumblebee have artist tags too? Also not sure if v2 should be called v2, since v1 and v2 have different audio.
okai

- Tosh 2014

Old 02-24-2022, 01:07 PM   #210
Ghost_Medley
D6.9 Prime Buttonhitter
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

"Upshift" is by s-don, but the song was released under their alias "Iriss-Frantzz". FFR uses "s-don" in game, this should be changed and the "Iriss-Frantzz" alias can be added to the wiki.
Ghost_Medley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 02:04 PM   #211
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Just actually bothered to check my own content for stuff, and most everything is cleaned up super nicely, and I really appreciate the effort into that.

Before Cynthia; Kindred, The Eternal Hunters; & N's Farewell should be in the Arcade section of the game.

Before Cynthia is literally a remaster / direct cover of the original game audio, Kindred is literally the theme of the character it's named after. N's Farewell is a piano based cover and redo of the song from Pokemon Black & White with the same name.

I assume they're in their current genres (and I'm ok if they stay) because the song's actual genre is most represented that way, but in the interest of consistency these are the last issues with my in-game work. Either those should move, or Lavender Town (Fairytale Remix) should be relocated to Classical.

If I had a choice of how it was handled I'd put them all into Arcade, but Goldstinger, your judgement has been super good and I'm good with whatever choice you wanna make there. (I know super irrelevant set of changes but since the house is being cleaned, I figured it might be worth a mention.)
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 05:18 PM   #212
gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Just actually bothered to check my own content for stuff, and most everything is cleaned up super nicely, and I really appreciate the effort into that.

Before Cynthia; Kindred, The Eternal Hunters; & N's Farewell should be in the Arcade section of the game.

Before Cynthia is literally a remaster / direct cover of the original game audio, Kindred is literally the theme of the character it's named after. N's Farewell is a piano based cover and redo of the song from Pokemon Black & White with the same name.

I assume they're in their current genres (and I'm ok if they stay) because the song's actual genre is most represented that way, but in the interest of consistency these are the last issues with my in-game work. Either those should move, or Lavender Town (Fairytale Remix) should be relocated to Classical.

If I had a choice of how it was handled I'd put them all into Arcade, but Goldstinger, your judgement has been super good and I'm good with whatever choice you wanna make there. (I know super irrelevant set of changes but since the house is being cleaned, I figured it might be worth a mention.)
I think this can be an opener to an even broader discussion as a whole in what quantifies getting a song placed in the 'Arcade' genre. Is it the relation of a particular song to a video game, or is it a particular usage of instruments? If it's the latter, which instruments? '8-Bit' is the de-facto answer but there are MUCH more songs in Arcade than just '8-Bit'. There's Rock, House, Electronic (EDM), Progressive, Jazz and even Piano as what a lot of the argument imposed above contains (See: Mario Mix for Piano).

I've moved all the songs you've mentioned over to Arcade. Would love to have a discussion about this, in this thread and see how others interpret the genre.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 02-24-2022 at 05:21 PM..
Old 02-24-2022, 06:08 PM   #213
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
I think this can be an opener to an even broader discussion as a whole in what quantifies getting a song placed in the 'Arcade' genre. Is it the relation of a particular song to a video game, or is it a particular usage of instruments? If it's the latter, which instruments? '8-Bit' is the de-facto answer but there are MUCH more songs in Arcade than just '8-Bit'. There's Rock, House, Electronic (EDM), Progressive, Jazz and even Piano as what a lot of the argument imposed above contains (See: Mario Mix for Piano).

I've moved all the songs you've mentioned over to Arcade. Would love to have a discussion about this, in this thread and see how others interpret the genre.
That'd be a fun deep-dive and rework of the genre sorting as a whole, because the current categories no longer really reflect the diverse catalogue of music FFR has, which is why these kinda pop up.

Like putting say my Nightfall (Original Mix) file in Dance makes a lot of sense, but does Sepia belong there? I'd probably say no, but like, to do that right Misc would get SLAUGHTERED with how many files are in it.

Or another example, MISC also contains Ruins [Toby Fox] which again like my files, has it placed wrong (noticed this while writing - sorry) but like, This Is Sparta is in MISC, so is something like Where is my balls, and -Bibbidi Poopidi Scoop- which makes no actual sense other than there's just not a better place for it to go, considering songs like A Quick Death are Dance 2, and it's up the same alley as all the Venetian Snares.

A separate thread for that kind of rework would probably be better to keep this to quicker fixes.

And I'd be willing to maybe tinker around with that a bit, but I'd rather see a Skill Token rework first personally (I've wanted this for AGES - and now might be the time where headway is finally made. Like I'd like to see Token whore adjusted to any 100 tokens, I'd like to see antipa reqs removed entirely sort of stuff - but this isn't the place for that.)

But I think as much as this sucks to say, considering the massive project you just did, fixing all of this would just be another big project. Sorry for the mini ramble but like, I hope you get where I'm going.
Old 02-24-2022, 06:20 PM   #214
gold stinger

Quote:
A separate thread for that kind of rework would probably be better to keep this to quicker fixes.
In regards to all genres? Yes. I believe most of the issue lies within MISC & ARCADE genres, since it's hard to contextualize the genre itself against these more 'nuanced' grouping of songs under a particular umbrella term as vague as those. 'Classical' is less vague since you reference it mentally to Piano, Orchestra, Sonata, Oldie, etc. Same with 'Rock', referencing Emo, Punk, Progressive, Metal and Country.

Quote:
But I think as much as this sucks to say, considering the massive project you just did, fixing all of this would just be another big project. Sorry for the mini ramble but like, I hope you get where I'm going.
No time like the present to get it addressed and start working towards a solution. I have two other projects on backburners and an OT to boot, a third project being conceptualized doesn't burn me down.

- Tosh 2014

Old 02-24-2022, 11:16 PM   #215
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I was hoping that FFR could eventually do away with the Dance, Dance 2, Rock, etc. categories altogether.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 12:13 AM   #216
FlynnMac
Boom.
Local FFR Person
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
I was hoping that FFR could eventually do away with the Dance, Dance 2, Rock, etc. categories altogether.
Gotta agree with this, with how little I personally use them, I just see it more beneficial to search by song style ingame and also just prefer sorting by difficulty anyways.
Old 02-25-2022, 08:19 AM   #217
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
I dunno if I feel the same, done right it’s a good way for a noob to enter and play stuff they might like before branching off. Feels like the FFR equivalent of an accessibility option, but I could see it done away with.
Old 02-25-2022, 08:03 PM   #218
gold stinger

Quote:
I dunno if I feel the same, done right it’s a good way for a noob to enter and play stuff they might like before branching off. Feels like the FFR equivalent of an accessibility option, but I could see it done away with.
I am in the same field that more experienced players sort based on difficulty, but more casual/starting players will sort by genre, because they will pick out what they like vs what gets them equiv.

- Tosh 2014

Old 03-1-2022, 09:15 AM   #219
justin
Event Staff
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Heya - was working through some FFR Perfect Project stuff and noticed that the Wiki & Google translating searches for the song define 1372 as "Floating Hour" but it's listed as "Floating Away" on the site.

Don't know which is correct as I can't translate it myself beyond Google, but am wondering if that should be Floating Hour instead? I couldn't find any record in the forums of us changing it to "Floating Away"

Last edited by justin; 03-1-2022 at 09:15 AM..
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2022, 12:40 PM   #220
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin View Post
Heya - was working through some FFR Perfect Project stuff and noticed that the Wiki & Google translating searches for the song define 1372 as "Floating Hour" but it's listed as "Floating Away" on the site.

Don't know which is correct as I can't translate it myself beyond Google, but am wondering if that should be Floating Hour instead? I couldn't find any record in the forums of us changing it to "Floating Away"
Floating Hour was a mistranslation, so someone (I can't remember who) pointed that out and it was corrected.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote