Default Re: TWG 200 Game Thread: Dichotomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
ps

in case you guys needed a reminder
im storn's partner
storn is town
lets not waste a flip there maybe
In this post, Celery doesn't say storn is his "neighbour" he says storn is his "partner" (like a wolf partner)

slip theory?
Old 08-1-2021, 03:59 PM   #3482
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
In this post, Celery doesn't say storn is his "neighbour" he says storn is his "partner" (like a wolf partner)

slip theory?
A very good point to consider...

Also we haven't heard much from T-Force, as much as everyone and their grandmother wants them dead here I'd like his thoughts on how we're progressing here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Old 08-1-2021, 04:00 PM   #3483
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
A very good point to consider...

Also we haven't heard much from T-Force, as much as everyone and their grandmother wants them dead here I'd like his thoughts on how we're progressing here
Agreed, I would like to hear from T-Force as well

at the moment I don't hate a T-Force lynch either
Old 08-1-2021, 04:01 PM   #3484
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
I will agree with you that it's a safety net, but would you mind giving some prior examples of such a thing occurring? This is the first time this has ever even crossed my mind
DanceFlashRevolution in what I think was the second Ace Attorney game comes to mind as an early example. I want to say Haku's done it at least once (but I get Haku's done everything at least once)

The big example of a wolf throwing hard would be Zenith in the early years but that's a tad before my time.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 08-1-2021, 04:05 PM   #3485
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
I think I'm liking Cel over Xiz after ISOing him and thinking it over some more
How about a little Voting action on Cel, to see where he goes with pressure. My vote's on him atm

Quote:
Agreed, I would like to hear from T-Force as well

at the moment I don't hate a T-Force lynch either
I hope he doesn't think just because I've veen swinging hard against his detractors that it's suddenly ok go not play the game.

But we shouldn't vote him this phase

Old 08-1-2021, 04:10 PM   #3486
mcdaddio
FFR Player

This day feels kind of quiet. Until we get that long awaited log update from cel, Im going to wait to place down a vote. He has seemed very sincere this entire game and I dont want to vote for someone who I dont think is wolf again (sorry again ben, i hope you're doing well and hi bolthy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi Mcdaddio I haven’t talked to you all game what’s up
Hey Xiz, I hope all of your job and other irl stuff is going good. Tangoing with this game while major things happen is rough for a lot of reasons

Quote:
also just wanna say I appreciate you putting the effort that you have into the game Xiz <3
I absolutely agree with this sentiment
Old 08-1-2021, 04:26 PM   #3487
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaddio View Post
This day feels kind of quiet. Until we get that long awaited log update from cel, Im going to wait to place down a vote. He has seemed very sincere this entire game and I dont want to vote for someone who I dont think is wolf again
There is plenty of things to comment on in thread that doesn't require Cel posting logs.

-implications of the flip
-my stated plan of only lynching between Xiz, Cel, Kappa and Raeko
-xiz and my interactions
-cel and my inteteractions
-Kappa and my interactions
-who you might have talked to in the night
-any greater reads you have/how they've changed since night phase
-thoughts on how game 2 is being handled
-thoughts on DBP's alighment now that we still have 3 night kills
-should Game 2 still flip Ben

Waiting for Cel before even voting does not come off as pure intentions

Old 08-1-2021, 05:11 PM   #3488
fatfuck42
FFR Player

~~MAIN THREAD~~

TOWN:
haku - Pretty much lock town for me. Very very hard to imagine storn joining that wagon d0 if they're partners together.

choof/MML - Had very strong town vibes from choof, from tone to emotion to WIM to being adament about solving to sounding pretty genuinely upset over not getting any flips and the modkills, and MML has carried the torch very well. He's trying to lead town and get everybody on the same page, which I know cel took issue with since it could mean he's a wolf trying to limit the realm of possibilities, but considering I'm on the same page as him and believe it's the right move to make as well, I don't see any issues.

lewdy - Similar to choof, I don't think lewdy's faking his more emotional posts, from the excited ones to the frustrated ones and everything in between. I'll also throw in the classic meta read I have on him, where if he's active and prodding every which way then he's town. I haven't read the recent wolf game of his which people have been praising him for, but I've seen it brought up enough times in-thread where he's not playing the way he played that game to where I trust he's fine.

freezin - I've been mindmelding a lot with freezin this game, with the big ones being the haku rush being dirty and ben being a worthwhile lynch despite reading him town. He also seems committed to solving (both in thread and via OOTC), which I think wolf freezin doesn't really do? In the one game where he wolfed with sunfan and yoshl he was quieter and IIRC kind of put out his ideas without trying to rally town and convince people to believe them. Here he's fighting in the same way MML is.

TOWN LEAN:

kappa - I still really love their, "idc what you guys think, this is what I'm doing and that's that on that" attitude. They have a good balance too of committing to their reads and following through with them while also being flexible and open-minded and not tunnelling/phoning it in. Even though they have conviction in their beliefs, they still ping the thread and question people (eg asking people questions about storn in the OOTC chat to better inform their read) to try and make the best decisions they can. The only caveat is I don't know kappa as a person or a player so I'm not sure what they're like as a wolf and what they're capable of.

bugkid - Bug's kind of in the same boat as kappa for me. We've mindmelded throughout the game, basically to the same extent that I have with freezin, and they're committed to solving and pushing their ideas in an attempt to get others on board (eg messaging tforce to get him to vote storn over ben). However, to my knowledge they've yet to roll wolf in any other game, so I don't know what they're capable of. Based on my experiences with them in survivor and cybernaut, I think they'll make a really solid wolf when the time comes, so I want to approach them with an abundance of caution.

mcdaddio - If it were me in a vacuum, I'd put mcdaddio in the null category. Their style of posting fewer but lengthier messages reminds me of my earlier wolf games. However, the actual content in the posts is solid, their votes have been good, and I know we've agreed on quite a few things. Ultimately, though, it's the reads from others like bug and raeko, who I trust to read them better than I can, and also the lack of any kind of push against them thus far, that puts them in the town category.

NULL:
raeko - I think I always have a tough time reading raeko. Her wolf games and her town games feel very similar to me. Her tone, her activity levels, her style of solving, the conclusions she tends to make...all pretty indistinguishable from one alignment to the next. I think she'll be easier for me to figure out later in the game when there's fewer possibilities/actions to take and her motivations should be more obvious.

cel - Cel's reads have differed a fair bit than mine throughout this game. It's like we're not on the same page. However, I can also generally understand why he thinks what he thinks and how he arrived at those conclusions. I also really liked him trying to limit the amount of content people post and to come up with a consistent format for cross-thread talk since he values his time and so on...I think a wolf would more likely embrace that chaos and try to encourage white noise. The main reason he's null is because, and I really hate making this read, but I know what he's capable of in terms of wolfing and deception. Everything in this game is within his range. Right now I'm hoping he'll stop being an outlier in the votes so I can try to figure him out via wagonomics.

SCUM:
tforce - He was part of the haku rush, he was looking specifically for SKs, he may or may not have made a slip during his argument with dap, and, similar to my read on mcdaddio, enough people who know him better than I do are adament he's scum (bug, fg, and xiz come to mind).

xiz - He was part of the haku rush, and there's virtually zero pushback against his wagon aside from FG. I will say though that he's really been putting in the effort this phase, and I like where his head's at, and I sense his emotion and frustration and the like as being genuine...it's just that rush and that lack of pushback are too damning.
Old 08-1-2021, 05:12 PM   #3489
TWGma
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
Votecount:
storn (10)- bugkid, plop, Haku, ben, mcdaddio, charu, freezin, Force, shadow_god, choof
cedo- (1)- Celery
ben (8)- DBP, roundbox, Xiz, kappa, fg, raeko, xel, storn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWGma View Post
I hate this. SO MUCH.
One of the biggest signs of a new wolf is wanting to appear active, and one of the biggest giveaways is when they go
reddit.com/r/IAmA -> New Post
"Hi I am here, AMA?"

Quote:
I can agree to an extent... But idk... What Kappa said earlier has set off some alarm bells in my head, plus there's the mention of him basically doing a reddit AMA...

Y'all are making this so much harder than in needs to be. 123kappa3
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Why are you fucking pockets again?
Quote:
i like tforce more than you
Old 08-1-2021, 05:12 PM   #3490
fatfuck42
FFR Player

Gotta go cook supper...will cook up some reads on the mirror thread when I'm done.
Old 08-1-2021, 05:13 PM   #3491
TWGma
FFR Player

Any sign of a player wanting to be asked questions on their thoughts to divert attention from the thread is a bigger red flag than the Chinese flag covering a soccer stadium.
Quote:
Old 08-1-2021, 05:13 PM   #3492
TWGma
FFR Player

Going back to Neo TWEWY.
To quote one of the new characters: "Deuces, dummies."
Quote:
Old 08-1-2021, 05:30 PM   #3493
123kappa3
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

t force voting me, is kind of wierd if they are wolve. I know im reading into this hard. But If t force is a wolve they would know I am town, so when I flip in 2nd game they will get 100% voted, If t force is a wolve, they have to be banking that I am not going to get voted off.
Old 08-1-2021, 05:34 PM   #3494
123kappa3
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I think T force is setting up for later in the game. thats my take on them not saying much
Old 08-1-2021, 05:46 PM   #3495
123kappa3
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

idk who I want to vote, I am kind of 2nd guessing myself a little bit.

Cellirra and xiz are my choices atm based on how I understand the game right now.

I thought celirras logs that they posted with storn looked genuine. Bug said that didnt matter but, to me it did. A part from that I dont like how they have voted at all, and dont think it is very helpful to town how they voted. They have also had some wierd takes on storn, maybe it was a blind spot or maybe they didnt care storn was not being very helpful.

xiz, has been busy i guess. so taking that into consideration, they have defiently talked and tried to play the game. xiz interaction with people this phase has been up and down.

On one hand, they seem to feel defeated but, on the other hand they are still fighting for a t force lynch.

what I really dont like is this wagonomics taken center stage with T force getting a pass. I understand the logic, but at this moment I think t force should be talked about. one ben was gone, I wanted to start looking at t force and haku. :/

It feels like the way I am playing the game isnt smart or maybe I am missing something.

anyway, I am leaning more towards celirra at this point, but ill vote later
Old 08-1-2021, 06:01 PM   #3496
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

Y'all I legit already posted my storn logs in the chat last night phase

Tf y'all being forgetful about that for
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 08-1-2021, 06:17 PM   #3497
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123kappa3 View Post
t force voting me, is kind of wierd if they are wolve. I know im reading into this hard. But If t force is a wolve they would know I am town, so when I flip in 2nd game they will get 100% voted, If t force is a wolve, they have to be banking that I am not going to get voted off.
You are putting 200% more thought into his vote then he is, trust me. Regardless of his alignment I promise he just saw that one of his scumreads was on the table, voted, and is nacl to TWEWY

It's frustrating, but anyone surfing through this phase will have their time in the hotseat eventually, and his lack of work will be used against him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123kappa3 View Post
i
what I really dont like is this wagonomics taken center stage with T force getting a pass. I understand the logic, but at this moment I think t force should be talked about. one ben was gone, I wanted to start looking at t force and haku. :/

It feels like the way I am playing the game isnt smart or maybe I am missing something.
You can still talk and look into Force and Haku, just with the understanding that the mechanical correct play is to not vote them this phase. I've said several times I'd love for the whole game to talk about the whole game, but I don't want to risk a scenerio where most of town agrees that voting Storn's counterwagon is smart, but then it derails to another player.

It's happened before, and I don't think it's every derailed into a wolf ever IIRC.

The fact we couldn't get 4 pages without major pushback on me insisting there be no exceptions kind of shows me I'm making the right play.

This takes times but maybe between games, go track down an older game. Ask Charu or Sunfan for recommended classics---just something you haven't ever read.

Memorize who the wolves are firsr, then read through the game with that knowledge. You'll see some patterns on how wolves act emerge if you read enough games.

You'll notice that a common pattern is to sus a partner for most of the phase (who they'll vote for, but never will have that vote there at EoD because there's better options and we need infolynches man c'mon he can wait and they pick a town to just HARD DEFEND. Normally a town that will likely be lynched so when it flips they rake in a shit ton of cred.

But the pattern that we can feasibly use against wagons in real time is how they vote when a partner is on the line

They'll wait until EoD to really push a counterwagon and no matter what posturing they do, they'll vote in a manner that saves their partner. Exceptions happen of said partner has just basically outted themselves or you're reading a CharuWolf game, bit 9 out of 10 times it's a very easy thing to spot when you know who the wolves are----you can see as you read along when they all start to move towards that goal.

What we do when we talk about wagonomics, is reverse-engineer that play and figure out who did what to try and save the confirmed wolf

It's really that simple.

Old 08-1-2021, 06:18 PM   #3498
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Y'all I legit already posted my storn logs in the chat last night phase

Tf y'all being forgetful about that for
Wait

That was ALL of your logs?

Please confirm

Old 08-1-2021, 06:19 PM   #3499
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Plop I sww your reads and I think I disagree with alot of that but appriciate the post all the same. Will likely revisit this post next phase

Old 08-1-2021, 06:21 PM   #3500
123kappa3
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
You are putting 200% more thought into his vote then he is, trust me. Regardless of his alignment I promise he just saw that one of his scumreads was on the table, voted, and is nacl to TWEWY

It's frustrating, but anyone surfing through this phase will have their time in the hotseat eventually, and his lack of work will be used against him.

You can still talk and look into Force and Haku, just with the understanding that the mechanical correct play is to not vote them this phase. I've said several times I'd love for the whole game to talk about the whole game, but I don't want to risk a scenerio where most of town agrees that voting Storn's counterwagon is smart, but then it derails to another player.

It's happened before, and I don't think it's every derailed into a wolf ever IIRC.

The fact we couldn't get 4 pages without major pushback on me insisting there be no exceptions kind of shows me I'm making the right play.

This takes times but maybe between games, go track down an older game. Ask Charu or Sunfan for recommended classics---just something you haven't ever read.

Memorize who the wolves are firsr, then read through the game with that knowledge. You'll see some patterns on how wolves act emerge if you read enough games.

You'll notice that a common pattern is to sus a partner for most of the phase (who they'll vote for, but never will have that vote there at EoD because there's better options and we need infolynches man c'mon he can wait and they pick a town to just HARD DEFEND. Normally a town that will likely be lynched so when it flips they rake in a shit ton of cred.

But the pattern that we can feasibly use against wagons in real time is how they vote when a partner is on the line

They'll wait until EoD to really push a counterwagon and no matter what posturing they do, they'll vote in a manner that saves their partner. Exceptions happen of said partner has just basically outted themselves or you're reading a CharuWolf game, bit 9 out of 10 times it's a very easy thing to spot when you know who the wolves are----you can see as you read along when they all start to move towards that goal.

What we do when we talk about wagonomics, is reverse-engineer that play and figure out who did what to try and save the confirmed wolf

It's really that simple.
Thanks for explaining this to me, I do want to get better at the game. I will read some other games
Closed Thread