Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2014, 09:10 AM   #141
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2
Default Re: My depersonalization over the last year

Hi Smitty!

Just wanted to let you know I'm proud of you for trying to kick the habit. I don't have personal experience smoking the stuff, but I saw what it does to people.

My sister started smoking spice around the end of high school. My parents and I tried and tried to get her to stop but everytime we pushed to seperate her from the drugs she pushed to seperate from us. Eventually it got so bad she just up and left after having a fight about it with my dad. We thought okay, she'll be back in a day or two, but the days turned into months and the months into years.

She left for almost 2 years and lived on the streets in Kensington Philadelphia, living off thrown out doughnuts from the dumpster of a dunkin doughnuts. She emptied her bank acount, was held up at knife point, traded her car for drugs, and stole from stores generating warrants for her arrest. Eventually she gave up almost everything for the habit.

This is going to sound really cliché, but when she was pretty much at her lowest point (she admits that she thinks she was dying), a preist in Philly found her, talked to her and virtually nursed her back into somewhat decent health. He was able to get our information out of her, we were able to convince her to go into rehab, which she did.

And when she got out of rehab, she went right back to it.

It absolutely crushed my parents.

It took us another year and a half to finally get her to stop. She's 23 now, and basically lost 5 years of her life to synthetic marijuana. But the good news is she finally turned the corner about a year ago. She finally decided that it was time to stop, that the drug was ruining her life.

After seeing it, I'm convinced that the synthetics have such a strong addictive hold over people that nothing anyone else does can get them to stop once they've become addicted. The desire to stop has to come from the addicted person.

Reading through here I know you've already made that decision. It's going to be hard, but you can do it Smitty.

Here's hoping a story helps out on a tough withdrawl day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 02-11-2014 at 09:43 AM..
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:45 AM   #142
XXXsmittyXXX
Anxiety monster
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to XXXsmittyXXX Send a message via Skype™ to XXXsmittyXXX

That's quite a story manti... I am very sorry your family had to go through your sisters addiction i am glad she was able to recover and make the choice to stop. Even though the choice is made, the drug can always grab you back at any time. They banned spice a few days ago and a few shops ALREADY came out with new blends, i just bought one.. but i have not yet smoked. I really wish i didn't buy it i should throw it away.. just knowing they had it there i had to that's how powerful synthetics are.

I just got back from high tyde i don't want to relapse i'm worried i should just use the kratom i have 30 capsules where are you spenner you seemed knowledgeable about extract

The back of the kratom reads as:

All natural Full Spectrum
Kratom Powder & Extract

• Relieves Minor Pain*
• Relieves Minor Stress*
Active ingredients: Mitragyna speciosa

Use with caution, Do NOT use while operating a
motor vehicle or heavy machinery. Do NOT take
if you are pregnant or nursing.

*These claims have not been evaluated by the FDA, and this product is
not intended to treat, prevent, cure, or diagnose any illness.

Not for sale to minors.

The back of Black Diamond reads as:

This product complies with all federal and state legislation. Not for human consumption. For aromatherapy use only. Does not contain any jwh, cp, hu, am, or win compounds.

Contains - A proprietary blend of herbs & spices composed of turnera diffusa, verbascum thapsus, along with natural and synthetic scents. Essential oils and aromatic enhancers. The manufacturer and seller of this product takes no responsibility or liability for the incorrect or misuse of this product.

Last edited by XXXsmittyXXX; 02-11-2014 at 04:07 PM..
XXXsmittyXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #143
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I know Kratom is used to appease opium withdrawl or anti-depressant meds. Acts like morphine but with actual psychological benefits. Might be good to alleviate your case considering there's not much side effects to its usage, especially if it is natural and infused, I'd be sure to look more at the content of those brands.
Only thing I know is one friend tried it once and was displeased by the tase. If that's your case, get some lemon juice or honey in that tea.

Don't know what Spenner says about it, but that's the little I know. I'd still gather input before trying.
Crazyjayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:26 PM   #144
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Wow. I had an idea that spice was bad/grimey, but I had no idea what it actually was or that it was so dangerous.

Best of luck to you Smitty, and to your sister Manti. thanks for sharing your stories and spreading awareness about this because I seriously had no idea the extent of this drug's shittiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #145
PriestREA
ddkdkd
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I wrote a huge wall of text about my experiences of knowing someone struggling with addiction. My University has this stupid session timer and it expired at some point. Guess it's my fault for not CTRL+C'ing the post.

I just want you to know that I care and really do hope you can kick spice to the curb and just forget about it. We all care about another community member here and I hope I can help you with any problems you have. You can message me on Facebook if you need some cheering up or advice about something - name is Adam Elmo - and when I finish class or have access to a computer (at home) I can respond to your message. I don't have a phone at the moment so I can't really access it on the fly, but hopefully I can help you whenever you need it. Don't hesitate and don't be a stranger. You can do it Bryan, I have faith and I know you can beat this.
PriestREA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:13 PM   #146
XXXsmittyXXX
Anxiety monster
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to XXXsmittyXXX Send a message via Skype™ to XXXsmittyXXX

Hello there. I am still using the kratom and not smoking spice at all. Everything is a fucking mess here right now. r.i.p high tyde

http://wavy.com/2014/02/13/investiga...in-hayes-area/
Old 02-13-2014, 08:18 PM   #147
d4u7211
Aficionado of Awk
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to d4u7211

Dude keep going strong, just read the entire thread and I hope at least the kratom is helping you kick it, like people have been saying and you yourself, brew it in tea and just focus on the normal things man, you're one hell of a fighter and you can totally get through this, you've seriously got some willpower and you will get through this

d4u7211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:57 AM   #148
XXXsmittyXXX
Anxiety monster
FFR Veteran

Good morning everyone. Things are still bad here all the spice shops keep getting herbal incense back in regardless of everything that has been going on. I'm so sick of this that i really want to leave, fuck these broken laws. Still using kratom to get through my days.. and my gf has been giving me suboxone to force me to sleep for 10 - 12 hours.
She is going through extreme detox and withdrawals too from spice and heroin gonna keep her here for a long time no more fucking drugs

Old 02-17-2014, 08:52 AM   #149
ffr212
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Damn, stay strong man and keep fighting, y'all both can get through all this bullshit together. At least you've got someone close you can relate to and y'all can carry eachother through it. I'm glad she took the Subo route rather than cold turkey, it's much easier too ween from and it's less likely that she'll go back.

Drink pleanty of water man, and I'm no religious person but I pray that you and her are able to get better because I know how awful all this shit is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRapingDragon View Post
Adding things like 'um' just looks silly, it's like you're trying to say 'hey I'm shy, look how shy I am, this conveys my shyness,' and it makes you look like you're simply attention-seeking rather than genuinely trying to become part of the community.
ffr212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:02 PM   #150
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

I've been watching this thread closely, now that i'm unbanned i want to say that i'm really impressed by your strenght, go on smitty, you both need to get out of this.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:43 PM   #151
d4u7211
Aficionado of Awk
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to d4u7211

This is honestly really awesome that you guys are fighting through like this. It really sucks that you even have to be subjected to all this, but damn dude just look for that light at the end of the tunnel so to speak, it might seem like it'll take a while to get there but you know for sure that you CAN get there.

d4u7211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:01 PM   #152
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Keep it up, you'll get through it.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #153
Zeldagurlfan1
FFR Player

i hope you both get better... :/ this is terrible.
Zeldagurlfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:23 PM   #154
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

How's it going? Did you toss the stuff you bought?
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:44 PM   #155
XXXsmittyXXX
Anxiety monster
FFR Veteran

Hello there. Thanks for the kind words as usual. I'm still clean but noticing people getting sick who are still using the current blends of herbal incense. They are turning yellow... kidney failure most likely it's really unfortunate.
The chemical compound is so far from the original JWH that it's probably not even a drug anymore. I feel that spice fell into the realm of poison. Cavernio, i didn't throw out that black diamond i sold it to my buddy a few hours after i got it. I physically feel amazing now and i can't stop eating food all throughout the day.
Things are okay around the house staying productive still i have become quite the neat freak but my emotions are funky. Anxiety and i have weird episodes of bipolar from time to time. My gf disappeared recently for a few days but i found her she is back i think she smoked spice though lol dummy i forgive though
Old 02-21-2014, 05:49 PM   #156
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

iirc spenner recommended to me to buy kratom online, the stuff they sell at smoke shops is generally pretty weak and not pure kratom (or something)

I'm really not that interested in it, just saw it at a nearby smoke shop and was curious.

Super glad you're feeling better though; nice to see your community's smoke shops getting owned
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:58 PM   #157
XXXsmittyXXX
Anxiety monster
FFR Veteran

I'm off the kratom now too. If i ever feel i can't make it i'll definitely order some borneo / thai kratom online in the powdered form. I had ordered some prior but i cancelled order i don't need it anymore i don't have anymore physical withdrawal symptoms it's great. The shop version aren't half bad if you pop 6 capsules and go work a shift or something.
Thanks! and yeah, theyre getting owned alright but a few are so monopolized that it's impossible to shut them down, because of the amount of lawyers they possess.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:42 AM   #158
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

I know how you feel smitty, but other than trying to help people who can still be saved, don't bother, and i'd actually suggest distancing yourself from people who are still using the drug - any drug. I'm going to be blunt here, sadly these people will only go down, unless they make a change like you did. Their influence is as poisonous as the substance they're using.

What about the woman next door? Is she pregnant by you? is she the same one in the picture? I'm curious as to what are you planning to do with your life right now that you're kicking the habit and getting rid of all that poison, both physically and mentally.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:50 AM   #159
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

smitty's just trying to help people who are in the same situation that he was in

don't be so misanthropic
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:53 AM   #160
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXsmittyXXX View Post
i don't have anymore physical withdrawal symptoms it's great.
hell yeah, man. keep going!
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote