Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 09:10 PM   #1
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default TWG CXLII - A Storm of Hard and Boiled [Post-Game]

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Hard_Boiled

13 players -- If we cannot get to that number I will adjust the setup to accommodate for the lack of players (the previous version of HB was 12P)
Insta: OFF
Cardflips: OFF
Out of Thread: OFF
Night-Talk: OFF
Phantoms: OFF
KitB: ON
48HR Days, 24HR Nights
Phases end at 8:00PM Server Time
*If your post is timed at 8:01 you are likely to get modkilled*

Additional Information:

Daystart
The Tracker/Vigilante chooses on Night 1 which role they would like to be.
The Hider dies if it hides with a Mafia Goon or a Vigilante, or if the person it hides behind dies.
The Detective targets a player and finds out if that player has killed another player or not.
The Psychologist targets a player and finds out if they have the potential to kill, but if the player has already killed, the psychologist will get a negative result.

The Results will come back as Yes or No always.

The Players of the Storm:
1 - DaBack of Packs - VT
2 - Red Blastoise - VT
3 - rzrzrzrzrzrzrzrzrzr - Wolf
4 - storn420 - Tracker/Vigilante
5 - Tokzic ayy - VT
6 - Plopadop - VT
7 - just a box that is round - Hider
8 - Clownpiece heidy - VT
9 - XelNya the gif lord - VT
10 - thesunfan of flags - Detective
11 - THE Charu - Wolf
12 - YoshL - VT
13 - 27ninjabunnies the lone bunny - Wolf

Synopsis of Player Comments:
DBP: I felt you performed as your usual manner but watching you be paranoid is a bit frightening because you begin to panic and sway towards other judgement then the original conceived judgement to begin with to the point you almost forget about the original due to paranoia. Other than that, great performance! Very reminiscent of the Mystery Game.

RB: Played decent, though I really hope you didn't think you weren't going to get flamed by others since this is your first game back. Nevertheless, you didn't let it sink in as usual and put the game in front of the insults so big ups to you duder. Second Judgements are somewhat a sloppy trait as exhibited by your end of game phase posting though you guys prevailed!

rzr: Better luck next time, friend. I feel like you kind of set yourself up into your own death with a handful of your posts but some of your recoveries from some nightly posting were really good. I honestly had a feeling your intentional fighting plan with Charu wouldn't work because like he said, it truly needs to be in the moment rather than planned out because of how simplistic it can be to point out fakeness within a fight. Reread the Dichotomy Game where Tokzic and I on the last phase "fought" cleanly without it being planned and successfully took it home.

storn42: You did well by sniping rzr, didn't do anything your first night other than kill Roundbox by selecting Vigilante, and posted after your death from a lynch (unwarranted death post) with a smartass remark. I'd be careful down the road because I'm sure someone like YoshL (after dealing with myself in games) won't take that shit. Some good exchanges from you but your claim honestly seemed stupendously fake. To me, you built too much hype that it felt like you wanted them to believe it and not bat an eye, making you in a wolf format much deadlier.

Tokzic: Probably the MVP of the game in my opinion. You sealed the game in the end there and you were ever-so relentless against Charu. Besides being floaty during the beginning and halfway portions of the game, you stood solid and formidable as pseudo-bait while driving the points to seal the game for Town victory. Keep it up man! You're still one hell of a scary player when you focus on the game.

Plopadop: That Charu kill hahaha. You played an excellent game where you didn't sound robotic enough to raise suspicion while keeping such a level tone throughout the events of the game. You were almost the voice of reason and other players really needed some of your inputs to actually get the ball rolling for town. Good game and keep doing what you do!

Roundbox: You can blame storn for your death and it was extremely unfortunate that you hid behind him the first night. Nobody picked up that you did mention two people you were going to hide behind and nobody bothered to use that data point hidden in the first phase to further win the game. The game could've been over sooner and Storn wouldn't have had to almost commit suicide if they had listened to that one post.

Clownpiece: I'm not really going to say much because you drop activity in games as usual so I'm just going to give you the old pat on the back and say gg town carried you.

XelNya: Started off strong but fell off later. I felt like you exhibited a Zenith trait where at the end you were willing to sacrifice yourself to get town to win it (or horribly lose it) with more concrete evidence that it wasn't you who was a wolf. Always have fun reading you during games because you are a gif and a meme lord

Sunfan: That D1 work had me impressed. Sadly, you got sniped not only by Storn N1 but also by the Wolves. You mentioned this rarely happens in FFRTWG but it happened to you; ayy! You're always a solid player though I felt your last games were a little shaky but this one didn't show the same qualities and a more solid approach from you.

Charu: Oh man, you got pinched Snivy! I feel like you could've done it had you stated earlier that even though players were reading you softing and eventually "claiming" Vigi that you weren't the actual Vigi but you had some sort of idea on why Storn "wasn't" the Vigi after all. Even with the claim in hand, I would've at least milked a phase by claiming Wolves and You targeted the same player during a phase. Either way, you had a great game, some good duels, and big laughs!

YoshL: Replaced in as a solid player with their own opinions while having to explain several times over the opening post. Got too aggressive at some points where it was misconstrued as a personal attack on RB, and then general aggressiveness followed by YoshL's statement of "This is my typical playstyle" or a reiteration of that. Like I had said during mid game, there were other things that not only players were mentioning but also myself where I took some posts pretty aggressive (this being not you). I look forward to seeing you in the next game.

Bunnies: Yooooooo, I hope you stay and play some more even though you dropped out of nowhere and eventually died from inconsistency!

QT is located here: http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/gQPXYyWgtRmfM

Night Actions:

N1:
Sunfan investigates Charu

roundbox hides behind storn

storn becomes Vigi and targets sunfan

rzr kills sunfan

N2:
rzr kills YoshL

Storn targets rzr

N3:
Charu kills Plopadop

Last edited by _Zenith_; 10-29-2015 at 09:14 PM..
Old 10-29-2015, 09:12 PM   #2
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan
Default Re: TWG CXLII - A Storm of Hard and Boiled [Post-Game]

can we get a list of night actions in the OP?
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 10-29-2015, 09:12 PM   #3
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

I had a lot of fun hosting for the first time too and sadly being inconsistent on the first phase I tried to be more prompt with the timing and organization. Updating Actions into OP before Bed.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:16 PM   #4
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

What can I say?

I spice up TWG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:16 PM   #5
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Even when I see my plane crashing down, hahaha. I honestly did think I could somehow win this still.

But alas, screw that shit, it's time for me to enjoy Youmacon!

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:17 PM   #6
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Really thought Town was going to lose after seeing two PRs go down in the first phase. The lynch on afk-bunny worked out well with rzr being next in spotlight; enough to have the vigi take out him on N2. At that point you guys so thought you were in the bag and had more wolves to go against (at one point some of you thought all three were still alive) when it became just Charu after rzr was shot.

ggs all around, good night!

Old 10-29-2015, 09:20 PM   #7
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Really thought Town was going to lose after seeing two PRs go down in the first phase. The lynch on afk-bunny worked out well with rzr being next in spotlight; enough to have the vigi take out him on N2. At that point you guys so thought you were in the bag and had more wolves to go against (at one point some of you thought all three were still alive) when it became just Charu after rzr was shot.

ggs all around, good night!
TBH storn's insistence on lynching Tokzic over Red Blaster, and then Plop's defending of storn, made it seem like they were trying to rush us to 3v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 10-29-2015, 09:21 PM   #8
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

I put my hider targets as my two most human reads (aside from dabackpack) and one of them turned out to be the big, mean vigilante

gg good read, I thought plop was wolf for how he reacted about my death
Old 10-30-2015, 02:00 AM   #9
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 View Post
Good game y'all, great excitement and tinfoiling all around.

If I went back in time with no recollection 100 times over I'm sure I'd still suspect tokzic 100 times. I'd have bet money on you being scum right up until the last phase.
You almost always townread me when I'm town, that was what got me paranoid about your push at the end. Can you imagine what the game would have been like if wolves didn't kill you?

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Old 10-29-2015, 09:18 PM   #10
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

bad host

nah, i was heated as fuck at the time, and i'm sorry i was a shit to zenith and others

but seriously if i'm being agressive overly, then tell me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:21 PM   #11
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

but it's been said, charu claiming vigi i think 100% of the time puts him at an impossible to win game unless town goes full potato

Quote:
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:23 PM   #12
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
but it's been said, charu claiming vigi i think 100% of the time puts him at an impossible to win game unless town goes full potato
I was getting a little worried there
Old 10-29-2015, 09:22 PM   #13
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

storn, look back at this game and learn

if someone is counterclaiming your role, there is very little reason for you not to immediately shift your reads. Regardless of how town oriented you think a player is, if they're counterclaiming you to get you lynched, they're not on your team.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2015, 09:23 PM   #14
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

town was beginning to dig itself in a hole

where do potatos grow

HMMM

Quote:
Old 10-29-2015, 11:10 PM   #15
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
town was beginning to dig itself in a hole

where do potatos grow

HMMM
fucking great post right here
LOL
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 10-29-2015, 09:24 PM   #16
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

yeah I was pretty confident we'd taken down at least 1 PR, and had almost concluded round was hider (made sense after I died).
Tho all that last minute vote switching fucked with me hard lol. gg storn on the vig, I woulda done the same thing. gg RB for keeping your hands clean and alive the whole game.

thoughts on d3 if charu killed dap/tokzic instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
Old 10-29-2015, 09:25 PM   #17
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

I wanna say town was going potato because I was just that convincing.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-29-2015, 09:25 PM   #18
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I wanna say town was going potato because I was just that convincing.
your softs matched up with the vigi kills, so it was probably convincing from town perspective
Old 10-29-2015, 09:25 PM   #19
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

I sure do love to ACT, dohoho.

The only person to really see right through me was YoshL, and I really don't know how. He was a VT, so I don't know. Maybe it's because I was sassy?

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 10-29-2015, 09:30 PM   #20
YoshL
Celestial Harbor

no, i just got a good grip of your state of mind, and perspective that phase i think.

did i really portray a PR that phase that much? lol

Quote:

Last edited by YoshL; 10-29-2015 at 09:31 PM..
Closed Thread