Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-3-2015, 04:17 PM   #1
Artic_counter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default High school shenanigans

I just remembered some dumb shit I did when I was in high school and figured I might just as well share it with you guys:

It was around noon when my friends and I were in the cafeteria eating lunch (duh). We were kind of bored and there was about 30 minutes left until afternoon classes began. First was English class (our second language class- think of it as Spanish class for you guys assuming you're from the US) and obviously we were not very stoked about that lol. Nobody ever enjoys these sort of classes, like, ever.

One of us then suggested we try to prevent the class from happening. The usual stuff were discussed (fire alarm, etc...), but it all seemed too complicated and frankly the chances of us getting caught were way too high. While we were discussing we were dicking around with tacks we had previously found on a random cork board in the entrance hall. You know, stabbing styrofoam and shit. We suddenly had a brilliant idea. What if we put the metal pin of a tack inside the keyhole of our classroom? It was the perfect plan. Just go to door before the professor, fiddle with the knob pretending to want to open it and discreetly insert the metal pin inside the keyhole. That's what we did. When the teacher went to unlock the door, she found out that she wasn't able to push her key all the way to the end. The metal part of the tack being way too rigid, we were certain a key would never be able to open the door. It never did. In fact, we knew the metal part had been pushed to the end of the keyhole and that it was going to be a pain to retrieve it lol! They soon discovered there was something inside but they were not able to remove it. By the time they unscrewed the door knob from the exterior (never knew how they did it frankly), two hours had passed. Two hours spent snickering way too loudly for our own good. Twas a great day.

What kind of shenanigans did you guys pulled when you were in highschool?

Artic_counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2015, 04:19 PM   #2
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179
Default Re: High school shenanigans

I went to class and did my work, gg ya brat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
blindreper1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2015, 08:33 PM   #3
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I actually did that very exact thing you did with a paper clip and it locked the teacher out of the classroom for the day, but I didn't do it on purpose. I was just screwing around with a shiny object and it was only elementary school. In hindsight I should've done it constantly as it would've made it harder for the school to educate the children.
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2015, 08:46 PM   #4
Contrapasso
FFR Player

one of my favorite parts about being in high school was getting made fun of because my dad would beat the shit out of me
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 View Post
Agreed. Same reason why I know god is real.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghakimx View Post
If I was the officer, if I saw the guy, I would try to assess the situation properly. What is the race of the guy?

Last edited by Contrapasso; 12-3-2015 at 08:46 PM..
Contrapasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2015, 09:00 PM   #5
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner

Choof I feel so bad for you if that is indeed the truth but the dark humour element to it is really nice

Last edited by Spenner; 12-3-2015 at 09:01 PM..
Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2015, 10:36 PM   #6
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
-changing the accessibility options on any given computer so the mouse would be massive or the computer would switch to high contrast color schemes, etc
-waiting until somebody using a computer isn't paying attention so you can hit the shift key 5 times to make the computer do the sticky keys beep and then trying to turn it on so whenever they type it makes even more beeps
devilish

reminds me of some computer shenanigans in middle school:

using "preview image" on paint of an image of a cracked computer screen so that it shows up as the whole screen, then unplugging the mouse/keyboard so they couldn't click out of it, making people think they had broke their computer or monitor

in computer labs or class with computers, stealthily plugging my keyboard or mouse into someone's computer in the row behind and randomly typing a few letters or hitting caps lock when they were typing or moving the mouse

setting the keyboard repeat rate ridiculously fast

setting the mouse speed to 1 and removing the rubber ball in the mouse that made it move so when they put it back in they'd think they fixed the problem of the mouse not moving only to be faced with a very inconvenient mouse

taking a screenshot of the desktop with its icons then setting that as the new desktop background, then hiding the icons
or taking a screenshot of the desktop with a program open and doing the same thing

renaming the desktop icons and changing the icon pictures to each other so the wrong things would open

putting on the stupid windows 98 jungle desktop themes instead of the default blue/grey theme on school computers

adding nonsense words to ms word's autocorrect list

and doing several of these things at the same time to a computer

Last edited by ilikexd; 12-3-2015 at 10:38 PM..
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2015, 10:53 PM   #7
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

so for some odd reason they gave us a chromebook at my highschool, and none of my friends liked the chromebook. so we played a game called drop the bass, where when someone yells "drop the bass!" everybody drops whatever they're holding. except with the chromebook. repeatedly. and it wasn't really dropping, it was more like throwing it as hard as we could into the ground. needless to say, it broke in about 3 minutes. so, instead of bringing it to the teacher, we buried it in one of the plants, and said we were making a chromebook tree.

they finally discovered the chromebook after several months. we show up to school on the first day the following year, and when they were giving off rules about how to treat the chromebooks, one of them was "do not bury your chromebook" lol. we have left a mark on the school. good thing they never knew it was us :P

10th OT (D3): 13th
11th OT (D6): 11th
12th OT (D6): 6th
13th OT (D7): 31st
14th OT (D7): 25th
15th OT (D7): LAST PLACE
16th OT (D7): LAST PLACE LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
you know what they say

under all the rust is really shiny...……… metal
PhantomPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2015, 11:07 PM   #8
Contrapasso
FFR Player

sounds like u were just wasting a shit ton of money by taking technology for granted
how old are you?
Quote:
Quote:
If I was the officer, if I saw the guy, I would try to assess the situation properly. What is the race of the guy?
Old 12-3-2015, 11:26 PM   #9
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Back in high school, I had an optional programming class. I ended up going in the network of my school and started renaming registry files to "delete me" as a joke. We didn't have permission to delete stuff or do anything, but renaming files was working. Little did I knew that renaming registry data files would make every program related to it not work. It took them about 5 months to realize it. I was also taking a class to learn how to type quicker which kept getting canceled for this exact reason. I never realized it was because of me until the school tech explained to me what I did. Since it's public computers and that I did this during lunchbreak, they couldn't tell who it was so they ended up blaming my friends and getting them in trouble. I eventually had to give myself away because they were all like "I have no idea who did this, but it's not us" and they were about to get punished for the wrong reasons.

They got blamed because they did another program that locks the mouse, force shutdown and put itself as a starting task which was also one of my ideas. ..but since I'm a noob at coding, all the stuff related to it was on their sessions and not mine. So, it ended up as false proof to get them in trouble. They eventually told me the situation and I was like, okay I'm going to explain them what's going on before bullshit happens. At this point, even my friends were confused because they didn't knew that I renamed files and I didn't even knew myself that it was affecting anything, I honestly thought it was doing nothing.

So, yeah after doing my finals at my last year of high school, I spent a few days cleaning the windows of my school and telling people that I got punished for hacking. They afterward told me that "I was lucky" it was the end of my last year, because otherwise, I could have been expelled for doing this as I can't prove that I didn't rename files intentionally to create trouble.

Same year, during that 5 months period where nothing happened, I got permabanned on some Ragnarok Online server 2-3 days after reaching max level (which took me 5 years to do) because I let one of my real life friends play on my account to "check the server". Except that he went in pvp and started being a complete idiot with the main GM of the server. The GM eventually realized it wasn't me and permabanned my account for account sharing and letting someone say offensive things.

That guy who got me permabanned was the guy that got accused of "hacking" the school network wrongly. I really did not feel like defending him, but I still did because doing nothing felt even more wrong (it was my fault after all).

Same year, I registered on FFR, played songs, got a pile of blackflags on low difficulty files and I ragequitted so hard over these songs that I took it personal and did very dumb things which got myself blacklisted like an idiot even though the game was really fun and the community was pretty cool. I was just in a very terrible mood that day. I could have easily done something as stupid as punching my monitor.

Now, I'm doing better overall. Sitting back and watching this site evolve actually teached me a couple of things about how life works and how to be a better person. I learned to respect others and myself more. I'm happy I just gamewhored this game like crazy instead of going outside. I could have easily turned into a terrible person with the wrong people.

I'm not sure posting this is a good idea, but whatever. #mylife

Last edited by Hakulyte; 12-3-2015 at 11:27 PM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-4-2015, 01:12 AM   #10
-JiZ53-
FFR Player

There was this picnic table area near the front of my school where a bunch of people would eat lunch and it was right next to the road. One day i cslled my friend who lived nearby to drive by the front. I ran and jumped off a picnic table over the fence and got into his car, kinda like a prison break, all right in front of the administrators. I didnt get in any trouble.

Most of the mischievous stuff i did during high school was out of school
-JiZ53- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-4-2015, 01:26 AM   #11
Contrapasso
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
Choof I feel so bad for you if that is indeed the truth but the dark humour element to it is really nice
i remember this incident where my dad had put me in a bearhug and slammed me up against the house, gashing my back open. i told some friends at school that i had tripped on a rock when one of them noted the blood on my shirt. went to the nurse, she called my mom and said that i needed stiches, and when i told my mom what my dad had done, she basically went on a rampage and yelled at everyone in the main office

a girl i was interested in was there to see it and she never spoke to me again

hella jokes
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-4-2015, 01:47 AM   #12
Jonlovesddr
h
FFR Veteran

man i did a lot of dumb shit in high school
i dipped a girls lock in yogurt once which i'm very glad i did
would print out literally thousands of pictures of danny devito weekly before they got rid of most of the printers LMAO
taped these pictures of danny devito onto walls throughout the building and hid them inside calculators and all this shit just anywhere i knew someone would see them
they actually let me do the morning announcements for a week and i totally abused that privilege
used an ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE inside the building and got caught and got a week of in school [caught up on a ton of homework so it wasn't a punishment at all]
career center had a giant "take one" bowl full of hershey's kisses and i took the entire bowl of, not exaggerating, probably 500

would break into the jazz room since it had a broken lock and just scribbled all over the board and covered as much area as possible so it would be a maximum hassle for the teacher to erase
took the teachers' rolling desk chairs and would ride them down the halls until i got yelled at by someone important enough to stop
there's a lot of minor things that aren't really noteworthy either that were quite frequent
Old 12-4-2015, 01:52 AM   #13
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Man the dumbest thing in high school I ever did was fall asleep in class while sitting in the front row.

teacher didn't catch on till I snored apparently.

Last edited by XelNya; 12-4-2015 at 01:52 AM..
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-4-2015, 05:58 AM   #14
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

To be fair, there weren't any real dick moves in my high school, but we did have a vast amount of fist fights in the school, with kids flooding the halls to watch it. And yes, I've been in my fair amount of those fist fights, whether I was the one who started them or not.

They were often enough that you'd hear of one at least once a month. It was bad enough, that there was a police officer on staff, but it didn't do anything to slow the pace of them happening, really.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 12-4-2015 at 06:00 AM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-4-2015, 10:04 AM   #15
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

I peed in a kids locker on a dare.

Was subsequently tatled on by the dare maker.

Stopped doing dares after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 12-4-2015 at 10:05 AM..
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-4-2015, 10:20 AM   #16
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Me and a couple of friends would mess with people for laughs.this one time we sent a girl to the hospital it was hilarious
Old 12-4-2015, 11:26 AM   #17
Skullbac
Definitively Not Pro
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I fist fight everyone I hate when they talk to me

I am not ashamed of doing it
Skullbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-4-2015, 11:34 AM   #18
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

Quote:
-lifting our shirts and giving our guts one loud smack whenever it was quiet or nobody was paying attention
This cracked me up more than it probably should. Thanks for the good laugh.

I didn't do anything crazy in high school. The closest thing would be at lunch, if someone would take a bite of their sandwich and set it down on the table, anyone at the lunch table could punch it. Two guys made a sloppy joe bomb and the table was a complete disaster.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-4-2015, 12:21 PM   #19
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

Most, if not all of this was in middle school, but some of it comes from high school before I shaped up around Junior year.

Friends would roll pennies from the back of the room to the front of the room while trying to get the teachers not to notice (We had assigned seats and I was in the front so I never got in on this, she would've noticed)
Would open and close the rings on my binder when the teacher took a breath or finished speaking so it would break the silence
Would try to aggressively trip my friends, eventually I got one of my friends so bad that he broke his glasses and I felt bad enough to stop doing it
I dropped an annoying kids calculator behind a set of automated open/close bleachers while they were closing (This is probably the thing I feel the worst about, even though he got it back somehow)
I thought I was the only one who did the printing thing, but I printed roughly 30 copies of the entire Wikipedia article on Cancer
Friend and I stuffed the ballot box of "Books you want the Library to add to their collection" with ballots asking for "The Bible"
A guy whose last name came right before mine would sit in front of my in roughly half of my classes through middle school/high school, and I would help him crack his back when he leaned back in class. Sometimes made a really gross sound and I would try to make the sound as gross as possible usually.
Found out a way to get a set of doors that are supposed to stay open at all times to shut and lock from one side. I did this one day right before a fire drill (which I forgot was happening) and some 250 students and teachers had to change their route out of the building
Friend of mine on the last day before Christmas break left a rattle on an obese teachers desk along with a note that said "Good luck with the baby"
Same friend and I duck-taped a tape recorder to the bottom of a teacher's desk. Didn't think we would get anything but we found out that she talked to herself while grading, and she once said "God, these kids are stuuuuuupid" under her breath
Same friend once made something that looked like a huge turd out of chocolate and left it on the bus, then claimed to have found it.
Same friend distributed a very vulgar fake newspaper called "Newsly News" that was really popular for about a year and a half. It was supposedly given to him by a friend of his older sister's called "Vince." When a teacher eventually got her hands on a copy and it got linked to my friend, he got out of it solely by saying that he got it from someone else, who got in trouble instead
A kid once changed our Latin teacher's background to Blue Waffle when the teacher left the room for a Senior prank (Teacher just laughed and changed it back)

I kind of didn't remember being such a prick until I wrote all of this up
I also kind of can't believe I want to be a teacher after all of that
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

Last edited by thesunfan; 12-4-2015 at 12:26 PM..
thesunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-4-2015, 01:13 PM   #20
mrpreggers
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I thought everyone enjoyed learning God's language shame on you artic but you type like a champ so it obviously worked