Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2014, 01:10 AM   #1
macchabee
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to macchabee
Default High-Level Thinker, Low-Level Student

I'm sure plenty of you can either relate or have a friend who fits this description: possesses above-average intelligence with high aptitude for critical thinking, discourse, and comprehension; yet earns mediocre grades, is easily distracted, and is a habitual procrastinator.

This would be me. I'm not going to get up on a podium and tout whatever intelligence I think I have. I'm currently very frustrated by anyone who comes at me "but you're so smart! You can do it!" because if that was a solution, I would be beyond fine.

What I'm asking for is help. FFR forums may not be the best place to do it, but this subsection is highly promising.

What's wrong with me? How do I break this cycle and force myself to develop the needed discipline to produce work to my full potential?

Has anyone else been struggling with this in their lives? How did/do you find success?

Note: I've tried medication and sanctioned assignment deadline extensions. Neither drugs nor additional time seem to help me get things done, though I plan to restart my perscription soon for another stint.