Old 03-14-2018, 11:09 AM   #2481
manganok
FFR Player

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
I use the AIR engine and have no offset issues whatsoever. It isnt the game, its your computer.
Come on man, you are one of the best player out there. Take the two songs I quote and feel the beat. If you are sync on badinerie, you are not in euthanasia (musically speaking). it's a rythm based game, I'm playing listening to the music more than looking at the arrows and hit them at the time it's over the transparents ones.

EDIT: well, Euthanasia is't a good exemple the difference isn't so big but what I means is that some stepfile aren't so well made.

Last edited by manganok; 03-14-2018 at 11:14 AM..
manganok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:36 AM   #2482
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
I use the AIR engine and have no offset issues whatsoever. It isnt the game, its your computer.
Some songs do indeed feel off sync for me as well. When I have "auto judge offset" enabled, it is easier to notice that different songs have different ideal offsets. My opinion is I don't believe it's just someone's computer, but that can play into it.
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:42 AM   #2483
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganok View Post
Come on man, you are one of the best player out there. Take the two songs I quote and feel the beat. If you are sync on badinerie, you are not in euthanasia (musically speaking). it's a rythm based game, I'm playing listening to the music more than looking at the arrows and hit them at the time it's over the transparents ones.

EDIT: well, Euthanasia is't a good exemple the difference isn't so big but what I means is that some stepfile aren't so well made.
I have both of those aaad and had no problems getting them. So idk man.

Also, rapta, it might not only be your guys computers but that could definitely play a role in it. Like i said before, i dont eveer change the offset and i never have issues. Dont know why i would be the only one?

Edit: Just aaad badinerie and it seems fine to me. The notes just go to a different beat than you would expect.

Last edited by SK8R43; 03-14-2018 at 11:49 AM..
SK8R43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:12 PM   #2484
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
I have both of those aaad and had no problems getting them. So idk man.

Also, rapta, it might not only be your guys computers but that could definitely play a role in it. Like i said before, i dont eveer change the offset and i never have issues. Dont know why i would be the only one?

Edit: Just aaad badinerie and it seems fine to me. The notes just go to a different beat than you would expect.
I actually don't know how to respond to these posts anymore, so instead, whenever anyone says something to the tune of "works for me, I don't know why it's not working for you (especially when it's in the context of not being just a single person's issue)", I will simply refer to it as "SK8Ring the issue"

Elitism isn't helping either. I AAA'd Reality but that doesn't mean its sync isn't off.

In regard to the specific contention with badinerie and euthanasia, I don't see a largely noticeable difference, but there are some songs in this game with 2-3 frame sync inconsistencies (See: Hardkore Atomic, Reality, Almost There, Death Piano before it got adjusted)

Last edited by rushyrulz; 03-14-2018 at 12:17 PM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 02:43 PM   #2485
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

it's almost like it's entirely possible to hit the notes purely based on their visual placement, AAA the file, and yet for sync to still exist as a problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:01 PM   #2486
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
I actually don't know how to respond to these posts anymore, so instead, whenever anyone says something to the tune of "works for me, I don't know why it's not working for you (especially when it's in the context of not being just a single person's issue)", I will simply refer to it as "SK8Ring the issue"

Elitism isn't helping either. I AAA'd Reality but that doesn't mean its sync isn't off.

In regard to the specific contention with badinerie and euthanasia, I don't see a largely noticeable difference, but there are some songs in this game with 2-3 frame sync inconsistencies (See: Hardkore Atomic, Reality, Almost There, Death Piano before it got adjusted)
I like it.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:11 PM   #2487
Sanjixcon
Banned

Quote:
I like it.
you should of said, "works for me" ;p

yea ffr songs are kinda random. just play around with the global settings until it sounds right... or like owa mentioned u can always just play without the sound.
Sanjixcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:12 PM   #2488
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjixcon View Post
you should of said, "works for me" ;p.
dead

Old 03-14-2018, 03:15 PM   #2489
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight

my post wasn't really suggesting turning the sound off as a viable solution lol

edit: woops forgot i brought maggie's laptop to poop instead

Last edited by DarknessXoXLight; 03-14-2018 at 03:16 PM..
DarknessXoXLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:26 PM   #2490
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

confirming the above (or below depending on your settings) post

also my bowel movement was spectacular for those that were wondering

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:35 PM   #2491
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
confirming the above (or below depending on your settings) post

also my bowel movement was spectacular for those that were wondering
But, did you get any AAA'S??
Old 03-14-2018, 07:01 PM   #2492
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Yeah my offset is like, 1.0->2.0 sometimes on Air.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:50 AM   #2493
manganok
FFR Player

Well happy to see that there is different opinions concerning offset and stepfile. I'm not what you would call a good player, I'm playing around difficulty 40 (and not even AAA, mostly FC with 10-20 "good"), and I'm not improving partially because I'm looking for songs that are well made and follow the music greatly. So above 50 it's too much chaos for me. (for now, maybe one day my brain will follow those stepfile aswell )
manganok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:22 PM   #2494
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganok View Post
Well happy to see that there is different opinions concerning offset and stepfile. I'm not what you would call a good player, I'm playing around difficulty 40 (and not even AAA, mostly FC with 10-20 "good"), and I'm not improving partially because I'm looking for songs that are well made and follow the music greatly. So above 50 it's too much chaos for me. (for now, maybe one day my brain will follow those stepfile aswell )
Personally I think alot of higher level songs match really well and are challenging, try Etude on a Nimbus

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...php?level=1641
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:10 PM   #2495
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

Add "Not Equal" to the Step Artist filter so I can play random FFRMania 110s not stepped by Kaiten.

Old 04-10-2018, 08:27 PM   #2496
potasium56
FFR Player

Have you guys thought about adding ffr as a facebook game? and have it so people on fb can compete with thier friends and also the leader-board as well. This would get more people playing ffr in the browser version at least, until you guys add the client game to steam.

Also, i was surprised to see 1,986,617 members registered on ffr, but only see about 500 max players online. Don't you guys have an email newsletter? if so would be nice if you would send an email to your list reminding people ffr isn't dead.

Advertising Tips

Also, spend some money on advertising!!

Buy ads on https://www.kongregate.com

Reach out to gaming blogs that have a nice following and email them about advertising price. As gaming influencers to promote ffr youtube, instagram, ect....

I love ffr, but my biggest frustration is its dead and not many players in multiplayer. Its like the new owners of the game gave up on advertising.

anyways, those are my suggestions.

Please read "Velocity"
potasium56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:33 PM   #2497
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by potasium56 View Post
Have you guys thought about adding ffr as a facebook game? and have it so people on fb can compete with thier friends and also the leader-board as well. This would get more people playing ffr in the browser version at least, until you guys add the client game to steam.

Also, i was surprised to see 1,986,617 members registered on ffr, but only see about 500 max players online. Don't you guys have an email newsletter? if so would be nice if you would send an email to your list reminding people ffr isn't dead.

Advertising Tips

Reach out to gaming blogs that have a nice following and email them about advertising price. As gaming influencers to promote ffr youtube, instagram, ect....

I love ffr, but my biggest frustration is its dead and not many players in multiplayer. Its like the new owners of the game gave up on advertising.

anyways, those are my suggestions.

Please read "Velocity"
Most of the permissions for the music in this game hinge on this being a non-profit site. Advertising is pretty much not an option.

Back when this game came out and really got big back 2006-2008, it became like a pseudo-MySpace - many people just filled out a profile and never played a game. Also, the site's downtime around 2009 really hurt the user count (about 1 yr the site was down).

There have been many discussions about what to do with FFR, but advertising is practically out of the question with the current situation. Paid staff isn't likely to happen either, ever.

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:34 PM   #2498
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Also the game doesn't have 'new owners' as far as I'm aware.

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:36 PM   #2499
potasium56
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 View Post
Most of the permissions for the music in this game hinge on this being a non-profit site. Advertising is pretty much not an option.

Back when this game came out and really got big back 2006-2008, it became like a pseudo-MySpace - many people just filled out a profile and never played a game. Also, the site's downtime around 2009 really hurt the user count (about 1 yr the site was down).

There have been many discussions about what to do with FFR, but advertising is practically out of the question with the current situation. Paid staff isn't likely to happen either, ever.
So your saying the owners can't buy advertising to promote the game? like social media ads, ppc, ppv, cpc advertising networks.

Are you also saying the owners are unable to create thier own newsletter which could act like its own advertising, if the email list grows.

All the above isn't allow? i find that hard to believe.
potasium56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:11 PM   #2500
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Hey, thank you VERY much for all your suggestions potasium!

The most we can do for Facebook at the moment is an embedded Flash Player on our fanpage. https://www.facebook.com/OfficialFFR...0322544333196/. It seems even Facebook has (rightfully) blocked embedded Flash content, and I haven't considered embedding FFR in any other way while it is still Flash.

FFR should be as accessible as possible, so I would welcome advice from anyone who is more knowledgeable about Facebook games.

Quote:
Don't you guys have an email newsletter? if so would be nice if you would send an email to your list reminding people ffr isn't dead.
We don't offer an email newsletter, because there is no one on staff interested in actually making it, and we don't have the funds for paid marketing software. If either of those facts changed, I would be pretty excited to see monthly or even weekly newsletters.

Quote:

We don't serve ads, because all artist permissions were granted knowing FFR wouldn't make any money off their music. To change that would mean reaffirming permissions with every artist in-game. Thankfully, we don't need to ask for donations, because all costs associated with hosting the site are paid out of pocket by Synthlight.
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote