Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-9-2008, 09:22 AM   #1
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR
Default Law where if you can't prove nothing, you can't do nothing about it.

3 kids in my class got their laptops closed because they apparently were playing games or on msn, which aren't allowed. Eric had a game open, which he has open all the time anyway, wasn't playing it or anything and the teacher made him close his laptop, thinking he played was playing it. For a joke I said how's MSN, Jimmy and then the teacher, sitting at the other end of the class told him to shut his laptop off, saying he was on MSN when he really wasn't. So does she have the right to tell us to shut off our computers when she did not see us in the act of doing what we were? Sorry for the huge paragraph, I typed it in 3 smaller paragraphs but it didn't even work because I'm on a proxy, and flash and everything doesn't work.

Last edited by EnR; 12-9-2008 at 09:25 AM..
EnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
bluguerrilla
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla
Default Re: Law where if you can't prove nothing, you can't do nothing about it.

Of course she has that right.
Old 12-9-2008, 09:26 AM   #3
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

Default Re: Law where if you can't prove nothing, you can't do nothing about it.

Yea, but, she didn't see us playing the games or on msn, she just assumed it. Without any proof.
Old 12-9-2008, 09:31 AM   #4
welsh_girl
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to welsh_girl Send a message via MSN to welsh_girl

If you say " How's MSN " for a joke, she's not really gunna see it as a joke, so I think she had every right to ask for the laptop to be turned off.
welsh_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2008, 09:34 AM   #5
bluguerrilla
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla

Who cares.

She's your teacher and you're in her classroom; computer use is a privilege, and she can take it away whenever she wants.
Old 12-9-2008, 09:35 AM   #6
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

It's a supply teacher, though. We have no work to do.
Old 12-9-2008, 09:36 AM   #7
jellygod
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jellygod Send a message via Skype™ to jellygod

she can't make you turn off your computers if shes dead............ just sayin'

RETIRED
Rank 8 in regional ranking(Great Lakes)
"Never argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
jellygod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2008, 09:49 AM   #8
John McPain
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellygod View Post
she can't make you turn off your computers if shes dead............ just sayin'
w00t
John McPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2008, 09:56 AM   #9
Ground_Breaker
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ground_Breaker

There's nothing you can do about it. The teacher has the authority in a classroom, regardless of if you're doing work or not.
Old 12-9-2008, 09:57 AM   #10
Temote
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Temote

Yes, she does have the right to do that, at least for the first one, as having the game open, even if it wasn't being played at the time (or even at all) would be a direct violation of something 'Eric' knew wasn't allowed. The second sounds more like it was your fault, though, since she may not have realized it was a joke based on what your tone of voice may have indicated.

More or less, it is entirely up to her to decide if you're using the time on the computers wisely or just wasting it for no reason, and any reason to suspect the latter is a good enough one to remove the privilege of using the computers.

Also, there is the possibility that she was monitoring them from her desk. I know that the teacher's at my school attempted that one on us.
Temote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2008, 10:57 AM   #11
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

I'm facing malicious destruction of property charges, 250 dollar fine, and a 5 day suspension. Why? Because me and a friend went into the auditorium to skip 3rd period. I had to piss so I did on the stage. Literally. Sure as ****, they found out it was me because my friend denied it and we were the only people seen in there from the cameras in between the morning and when it happened. Why am I telling you this? Because there is no proof it was me, but I'm still ****ed. They can and will do what they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2008, 10:59 AM   #12
Patricoo
FFR Player

Wtf... the "Right?" Of course the teacher has that right. This is among the stupidest questions I've ever seen. You know those times when students loose one right, like the ability to go to the bathroom during gym, or the "right" to talk during lunch and then all of a sudden they all become god damn lawyers and start talking about "rights" and "fairness."

Listen. Don't be mad at your teacher. This is prime example of one guy ruining it for everyone.
Old 12-9-2008, 11:01 AM   #13
Patricoo
FFR Player

To rzr:

...Dude. There is plenty of proof. Your on camera entering the area and there is piss on the stage. THEN your friend freaked out and told on you. So not only do they have photographic evidence of you there, but they have a witness.

Seriously people. Take a law class. Christ.
Old 12-9-2008, 11:06 AM   #14
rzr
TWG Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rzr Send a message via MSN to rzr Send a message via Yahoo to rzr Send a message via Skype™ to rzr

I never said I didn't do it, don't be so damn hostile. It's an example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite-
More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine
rzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2008, 11:09 AM   #15
Patricoo
FFR Player

Well... It's a terrible example. The idea was to provide an example where there is no evidence, not an example that includes cameras and squealers.
Old 12-9-2008, 11:11 AM   #16
tha Guardians
MCDC 2011
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tha Guardians Send a message via MSN to tha Guardians Send a message via Yahoo to tha Guardians

She sounds like a c*ntsucker.
I hate how most teachers have no empathy for students. It's bull.

She probably became a teacher just so she could control people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic-fast-fingers View Post
can someone clarrify what QFT means my friend told me its quit ****ing talking, but im not 100 percent sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I need a car that drives itself completely automated and I want it for free and it needs infinite gas mileage.

Cheers,

Synthlight
tha Guardians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2008, 11:15 AM   #17
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr View Post
I'm facing malicious destruction of property charges, 250 dollar fine, and a 5 day suspension. Why? Because me and a friend went into the auditorium to skip 3rd period. I had to piss so I did on the stage. Literally. Sure as ****, they found out it was me because my friend denied it and we were the only people seen in there from the cameras in between the morning and when it happened. Why am I telling you this? Because there is no proof it was me, but I'm still ****ed. They can and will do what they want.
What

there is plenty of evidence that you were there.

Even as a hypothetical, that's dumb. Also, most theatres have restrooms/changing rooms for you to use, especially in HS.

EDIT: Also, EnR, you're in school. You pretty much have no rights. Especially if they're not your laptops to begin with, but on loan from the school, in which case they could set them on fire if they wanted, as they are not yours.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2008, 11:42 AM   #18
Patricoo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
EDIT: Also, EnR, you're in school. You pretty much have no rights. Especially if they're not your laptops to begin with, but on loan from the school, in which case they could set them on fire if they wanted, as they are not yours.
Question from students: "What about my rights?!"

Answer from everyone: "Bwahahahaha!"

The laws also determined that they can search your lockers whenever. It's true. So don't keep your pot in there.
Old 12-9-2008, 12:13 PM   #19
Red_Comet
Not your typical member
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Red_Comet Send a message via MSN to Red_Comet Send a message via Skype™ to Red_Comet

in loco parentis applies to this EnR read over the law entry for a more detailed feel for the matter. http://www.answers.com/topic/in-loco-parentis
Red_Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2008, 12:19 PM   #20
Patricoo
FFR Player

Dude. The guy wrote seven lines and apologizes for a "huge" paragraph. You really expect him to read then comprehend the definition of "in loco parentis"?

Yea I'm being really snippy on this particular topic, but I don't care. This is a crazy pet peeve of mine when students go "But dah teacher cant keep me 4rom doin watevr cuz I hav rights!1"