Old 07-10-2019, 08:49 PM   #3101
Not devonin
FFR Player
 
Not devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 107
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

I had a wolf lean on him pretty much the whole game. It's definitely leaning back away from that as this drama continues, but I'm not fully won over.
Not devonin is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 08:50 PM   #3102
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 26
Posts: 394
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave- View Post
Pretty much my thinking right now. I'd give him a chance to explain himself but I'm assuming a satisfactory explanation is pretty counter to him winning and isn't going to happen.
I've explained everything
I can win with town
I just have to kill a town to do it
I don't know who this town is
I was sure it was yoshl, now I dunno
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is online now  
Old 07-10-2019, 08:51 PM   #3103
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran
 
roundbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 29
Posts: 2,521
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

I'll be on in a few hours, have driven about 17 hours in two days
I am caught up though
And sunfan, please, items, blocks, and other saves might be in the game
Yes you got the lone wolf, but I mean it doesn't mean that the wolves guaranteed tried to kill you

Like, for someone who said X I Z M E C H A N I C S and had half of a mental breakdown, you seem to think a N1 had such simple outcomes and no possibility of someone getting yeeted into the motherfucking shadow realm
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer

watch my rad gameplay
roundbox is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 08:51 PM   #3104
Not devonin
FFR Player
 
Not devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 107
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

It's an anchoring thing.

I came into the day already suspecting daikyi of being a wolf, so when the day started and sunfan came out with a seering and a hard red claim, that confirmed my suspicions.

Now as sunfan's whole story collapses, and it's looking more and more like Daikyi's at least not a wolf, if not full on town, it's not as simple as just "Oh guess he's town" because the seering anchored my suspicions and now I've got to like...mentally undo all that and then mentally re-cast all of Daikyi's actions as what it means if they're not wolfy.

If nothing else this shows me the danger of sunfan's play here.
Not devonin is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 08:51 PM   #3105
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran
 
Soundwave-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Age: 20
Posts: 634
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I don't know who this town is
Is it just whoever got your pm?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Soundwave- is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 08:52 PM   #3106
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran
 
Soundwave-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Age: 20
Posts: 634
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
It's an anchoring thing.

I came into the day already suspecting daikyi of being a wolf, so when the day started and sunfan came out with a seering and a hard red claim, that confirmed my suspicions.

Now as sunfan's whole story collapses, and it's looking more and more like Daikyi's at least not a wolf, if not full on town, it's not as simple as just "Oh guess he's town" because the seering anchored my suspicions and now I've got to like...mentally undo all that and then mentally re-cast all of Daikyi's actions as what it means if they're not wolfy.

If nothing else this shows me the danger of sunfan's play here.
Yeah I guess I can see it. I feel like daikyi town told pretty strong yesterday and that only held through this phase as I have no reason to believe he's lying, his role is reasonably town aligned, etc. so that's where my discrepancy is.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Soundwave- is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 08:52 PM   #3107
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 26
Posts: 394
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

look
I've given all I can give with the info
I've told you what my wincon is; its not even that different from town's
if I do some dumb shit you can lynch me

you should all know that I'm never a wolf here; people seem to be understanding that much at least

I'm just here to try to kill wolves
hope that the town dies along the way and I can get my shit back
and then I become fully town

that's it

you really should have Dai as town, Devonin. He never claims what he did if he's a wolf, I think.
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is online now  
Old 07-10-2019, 08:54 PM   #3108
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 26
Posts: 394
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave- View Post
Is it just whoever got your pm?
probably? it sounds like that was related to whoever stole my item, I'm not 100% sure

fwiw my item was definitely not called "Suicide Gun" lmoa
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is online now  
Old 07-10-2019, 08:54 PM   #3109
Not devonin
FFR Player
 
Not devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 107
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

I don't really want to get into like, a public discussion of my various mental disorders, but yeah, take it as a given that any time I seem slow to move away from previous suspicions onto new conclusions for anything less that completely ironclad evidence, it's because that's a function of how my brain works.

If you go look at the game I played with Afrobean many years ago you can see a great example of this where we were both town, and ended up so hard wolf-reading each other because we each so stubbornly insisted the other was a wolf that it made the other assume we could only be a wolf trying to tunnel that it fucked everything up.
Not devonin is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 08:55 PM   #3110
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran
 
Soundwave-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Age: 20
Posts: 634
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

I'm honestly trying to help you here.

I just want to know why I don't believe you become wolf instead or some shit.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Soundwave- is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 08:56 PM   #3111
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran
 
Soundwave-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Age: 20
Posts: 634
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
I don't really want to get into like, a public discussion of my various mental disorders, but yeah, take it as a given that any time I seem slow to move away from previous suspicions onto new conclusions for anything less that completely ironclad evidence, it's because that's a function of how my brain works.
fair
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Soundwave- is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 08:58 PM   #3112
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 26
Posts: 394
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
If nothing else this shows me the danger of sunfan's play here.
just like
I'm never not what I say I am
you'd have to think that I'd have been planning this the whole game and I know you don't know me or how I play this but

I'd never do that as anything other than what I say I am

I can only win with town
I can't win with wolves

I'm priced out of claiming any mechanical information for the rest of the game; no one believes a goddamn word I say if I claim anything
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is online now  
Old 07-10-2019, 09:00 PM   #3113
XelNya
【花歩】
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,955
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
@XelNya

is it her?

if not her, I'd guess

Kana From FE: Birthright

or that explosion witch
ok raphtalia to be fair would have been a good pick

Kana is a loli no thanks

and how dare you not know if it was FE it'd be Caeldori

JERK.
XelNya is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 09:00 PM   #3114
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran
 
roundbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 29
Posts: 2,521
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Fwiw I don't want you dead today sunfan
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer

watch my rad gameplay
roundbox is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 09:01 PM   #3115
XelNya
【花歩】
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,955
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Also Megumin is wrong as well and I wish I'd even thought to pick her

xiz would have given me a once a day nuke that makes something else I do useless and it would have been really funny
XelNya is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 09:02 PM   #3116
XelNya
【花歩】
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,955
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Fwiw I don't want you dead today sunfan
I don't on a personal level either

in game tho no he's gonna die
XelNya is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 09:07 PM   #3117
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran
 
Soundwave-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Age: 20
Posts: 634
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
no one believes a goddamn word I say if I claim anything
honestly I would. That's probably dumb but hey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Also Megumin is wrong as well and I wish I'd even thought to pick her
not my guess
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Soundwave- is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 09:07 PM   #3118
Not devonin
FFR Player
 
Not devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 107
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
just like
I'm never not what I say I am
you'd have to think that I'd have been planning this the whole game and I know you don't know me or how I play this but

I'd never do that as anything other than what I say I am

I can only win with town
I can't win with wolves

I'm priced out of claiming any mechanical information for the rest of the game; no one believes a goddamn word I say if I claim anything
Assume I 100% believe you that you can only win with town, you also, in the same breath say that to win with town you have to kill a town.

Since you can't night kill (I assume?) the only way you can kill a town is to lynch one. And how do you suppose you're going to convince the town to lynch a fellow town just so you can win? We'd like to win too, and knowingly lynching town is not how we win.

So either you CAN win with wolves, or you're literally telling us that you just can't win. You're not going to convince me to put us down a town for the sake of your wincon. And since, as you said, you're out of all mechanical claim options now, how can we even trust things you say in terms of you trying to lead us to wolves? They could be you trying to lead us to lynch the town you need dead.
Not devonin is offline  
Old 07-10-2019, 09:07 PM   #3119
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 26
Posts: 394
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
ok raphtalia to be fair would have been a good pick

Kana is a loli no thanks

and how dare you not know if it was FE it'd be Caeldori

JERK.
oh fuck not kana
uhhhh
the female samurai
I know you like her
but I guess its not her
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is online now  
Old 07-10-2019, 09:08 PM   #3120
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 26
Posts: 394
Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
Assume I 100% believe you that you can only win with town, you also, in the same breath say that to win with town you have to kill a town.

Since you can't night kill (I assume?) the only way you can kill a town is to lynch one. And how do you suppose you're going to convince the town to lynch a fellow town just so you can win? We'd like to win too, and knowingly lynching town is not how we win.

So either you CAN win with wolves, or you're literally telling us that you just can't win. You're not going to convince me to put us down a town for the sake of your wincon. And since, as you said, you're out of all mechanical claim options now, how can we even trust things you say in terms of you trying to lead us to wolves? They could be you trying to lead us to lynch the town you need dead.
kill is the wrong choice of words; they just have to be dead when the game ends

even if I don't vote them and they get lynched or something, I'd still fulfill it
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is online now  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution