Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 10:35 PM   #1
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution
Default TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

"Welcome to RQU, students. Let me first say it is an honor addressing a group this large for the first time since the opening of this school. It has been a challenge and for some of you, at times, a nigh-impossibility to be able to enroll here at RQU, but be assured -- your efforts will not go unrewarded. This school is only for the most intelligent, the most advanced, and the quickest thinkers.

"We have the capability to house and teach over 400 thousand students and many apply, but less than even 10 of the applicants meet our criteria and intellectual standards for enrollment. This year I stand before a breathtaking 16 advanced students, all ready to partake in the greatest learning experience possible to achieve on this planet.

"To begin, ladies and gentlemen, we start our school year with a ceremonial game of deduction. After my speech, you will all be led to your rooms and will have about an hour or two of free time before Lights Out. After that time, five of you will be bestowed with secret powers; three of you will be transformed into werewolves, and two of you will gain werewolf-fighting skills.

"The three of you who become werewolves will then sequentially find and kill one of your fellow 16 here, until there are equal amounts of "humans" as there are werewolves. As for the rest of you, it is your job to eradicate the students you think have transformed into werewolves.

"This will not be easy; the wolves will show no physical signs of transformation during the day. You will take a vote, and the student who has the most votes against him will be publicly lynched at the school statue. You will continue this procedure until all the werewolves have been lynched. The remaining students will continue their education here at RQU, so make sure you're still alive at the end!"

After the students found their rooms, had dinner and retired to their rooms, there was indeed a transformation of sorts by the students. Unfortunately, the technology the school used to trigger this transformation was very sensitive, and was knocked out during a storm, causing (somehow) a DOUBLE TRANSFORMATION. The second transformation was a delayed one, but the students took it as an extra part of the game, not wanting to ask any questions or be seen as less intelligent.

THAT'S THE ONLY STORY YOU'LL GET FROM ME

Get me PMs, day starts as soon as I get them.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:35 PM   #2
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution
Default Re: TWG XLIV: RQU Dimensional Disruption!

Fish's Extreme Dimensional Analysis Game

Okay, very simple game, with a twist, here goes:

This game will work very much like a normal game at first.

16 players, 3 wolves, 1 seer 1 guardian. No cardflipping. Night posting is allowed.

When roles go out, you will receive a PM with two different roles. The first is your role for Dimension 1, and the second is your role for Dimension 2. Both are random, which means in one dimension, you could be playing for a different team than you play in the second dimension. Day sequence is as follows:

Dimension 1, Night 1
Dimension 1, Day 1
Dimension 2, Night 1
Dimension 2, Day 1

etc..

When you die in one dimension, you die in both dimension, so wolf kills will have to be more thought out and alliances will be trickier to make. Seering results reflect the dimension they are used in, as do all results (guarding)

WINNING:

If you're a wolf in one dimension, you have to get that dimension's wolf team to win in order to win at all. If you somehow win in the other dimension (unless you're a blue), it's a neutral-victory, so the dimension where you're a wolf takes priority. Other than that, winning is the same it always has been:

For humans: The dimension that kills their wolves first wins. The dimension in which a win takes place will be the dimension that your role is counted.
For wolves: basically the same thing unless it gets to the point where both wolf teams would've had an equal chance of winning, but since dimension 1 wolves go to go first, they had the advantage. In that situation, we'll have a stalemate/bonus day, which will be FULL of suprises.

SPECIFIC SITUATIONAL WINNING:

Dimension 1: Human
Dimension 2: Human
Alignment: Work to find wolves in both dimensions. Either dimension you rid of wolves first wins you the game.

Dimension 2: Blue
Alignment: Work to find wolves in both dimensions. Only dimension 2 will give you a "win," ridding the wolves in dimension 1 will give you a "neutral-victory."

Dimension 2: Wolf
Alignment: Work to find the wolves in dimension 1 if you must, but it is not your priority. You can only achieve victory if your wolf team in dimension 2 wins. If you decide to backstab your wolf-friends, you will only achieve "neutral-victory."

Dimension 1: Wolf
Dimension 2: Wolf
Alignment: Choose a dimension, either one will bring you a win if your wolf team wins.

Dimension 1: Wolf
Alignment: This is where the decision is totally up to the person. You can achieve a full victory in either dimension, depending on which you decide to help. This kind of role could be useful against humans or wolves depending on who you were working with.

Dimension 1: Blue
Alignment: This situation is easier, it's mostly similar to human in both dimensions, except you have more responsibility. Can win in either dimension.

Obviously, in each of these situations, were the dimensions to be flipped, the same rules (also flipped) would apply.

REMEMBER, NO REVEALING YOUR ROLE IF YOU ARE A WOLF!! Even if you decide to betray the current dimension's wolf team, you can only hurt them by voting, and accusations. But, the following situation is allowed.

Fish (Wolf): I seered mead (Wolf) red.
Fojar (Human): Excellent, let's lynch him.

This does not reveal that you gained the knowledge that mead was a wolf from illicit means. Any human could just as easily said the same thing.

1. FictionJunction
2. X3R0H0UR
3. thunderstrike687
4. DarkManticoreX2
5. flawofhumanity
6. roundbox
7. StoicRoivaS
8. talisman

9. rioting
10. iggymatrixcounter
11. FoJaR
12. Kilgamayan
13. Tps222
14. DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
15. Stella!
16. HansSky

ALTERNATES
x3Mamimi
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
pntballa18
MiniNeo

Last edited by FishFishRevolution; 03-23-2007 at 05:04 PM..
Old 03-22-2007, 10:36 PM   #3
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

YOU MAY POST

THERE ARE ONLY 3 WOLVES PER DIMENSION

Last edited by FishFishRevolution; 03-23-2007 at 09:40 AM..
Old 03-23-2007, 10:13 AM   #4
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DiscoBobbyPARANOiA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFishRevolution View Post
YOU MAY POST
Um, what just happened?

I would understand if that wasn't in your post, but.. I thought we were allowed to post?

If I'm wrong, edit that post and delete this one too.

Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:10 AM   #5
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Sorry, for clarification, I've just sent everyone out new roles. Ignore the first set of roles you got. There was a problem with the original layout, but it's fixed and I restarted the game. In doing so, I deleted all the original posts from the game with the original roles. Everyone can now post, it's Night 1, and I should be getting PMs from all special roles ASAP.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:20 AM   #6
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

So I think my original post was responding to roundbox, who had a post that said something like "a wolf/seer is going to determine which side wins as a wolf/seer could work to lynch his fellow wolves in one dimension" or something like that. I said that that didn't make sense because lynching a D1 wolf does not equate to lynching a D2 wolf.

Question: when the endgame conditions are met in one dimension, does the game continue in the other dimension if the conditions haven't been met there yet? I'd assume so, but just want clarification.

also, out of curiosity, who were the original sets of wolves?
Old 03-23-2007, 11:26 AM   #7
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
Question: when the endgame conditions are met in one dimension, does the game continue in the other dimension if the conditions haven't been met there yet? I'd assume so, but just want clarification.
Yes, game is over once endgame conditions are met in either dimension.

Quote:
also, out of curiosity, who were the original sets of wolves?
thunderstrike687 (wolf in both), rioting & FoJaR, Tps222 & DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
Old 03-23-2007, 11:40 AM   #8
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Quote:
So I think my original post was responding to roundbox, who had a post that said something like "a wolf/seer is going to determine which side wins as a wolf/seer could work to lynch his fellow wolves in one dimension" or something like that. I said that that didn't make sense because lynching a D1 wolf does not equate to lynching a D2 wolf.
Since new roles were sent out I don't think it matters what was said in anybody's original post. Everyone has a new role now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:06 PM   #9
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

either way, this game will pretty much be lead by a large amount of players who will want to focus on either D1 or D2 depending on the roles they have received. 3 wolves per dimension means there are 3 - 6 wolf players and the higher the number of possible wolf players the higher chance that it is the actual amount of wolf players, meaning: 6 wolf players has more of a possible chance of being the case than 3 - 5 wolf players. This also applies to the blue players, though the number would be different of course. Either way, all green/green players would like to have the ability to focus on just one particular dimension like the xx/blue or xx/red players can (or have to) do, but green/green players really can't since it's their job to analyze everything and get a proper lynch voted on. Actions from D1 or D2 affect the actions of the other dimension.

That's my common sense post of the day.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:25 PM   #10
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

iggy you fucking queer, I got double seer on the first roll but you had to go and ruin it.

Thanks a lot, ******.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:02 PM   #11
talisman
Resident Penguin

no what's really lame is that I got double green both times.

@manticore, it was game theory discussion, not discussion about who was suspicious or whatnot (so role would have had little impact on what was said). I brought it back up in case others wanted to discuss it further.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:27 PM   #12
flawofhumanity
MMM WATCHA SAY
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to flawofhumanity

Quote:
no what's really lame is that I got double green both times.

@manticore, it was game theory discussion, not discussion about who was suspicious or whatnot (so role would have had little impact on what was said). I brought it back up in case others wanted to discuss it further.
Same boat as you.

Also, I wish my post hadn't been deleted. I didn't save it on word so I'll have to completely retype it. Also, the lack of masterwolf doesn't really change a whole lot, what does change a lot is the lack of a wolf. Seers, don't allow the lack of a MW lull you into a false sense of security, there's still the chance of them being a wolf in dimension two, in which case they would attempt to use you, but I don't think they would wolf you. Just, proceed with caution. I'll remake my post explaining what I think of each of the possible roles when I get to the house (probably an hour and a half or so from now.)

Old 03-23-2007, 02:38 PM   #13
talisman
Resident Penguin

so what happens if the humans win in one dimension while the wolves win in another? I'm confused about victory in this game... does a neutral victory situation for one player translate to all players (aka if a green/red wins in both, does that mean it's a neutral victory just for him/her, or for everyone?).
Old 03-23-2007, 02:56 PM   #14
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Right now, we're in dimension 1. After today is over, we switch to dimension 2. You can only win in one dimension at any given time, so it will be in that dimension that the winners and losers will be decided, based on that dimension's roles. You can't win in both dimensions.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:59 PM   #15
talisman
Resident Penguin

oh so once a win is achieved in either dimension, the game is over? but don't there have to be equal days in each dimension?
Old 03-23-2007, 03:07 PM   #16
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
oh so once a win is achieved in either dimension, the game is over? but don't there have to be equal days in each dimension?
Yes, in the event that a victory is achieved on a day in dimension1, but is conceivable the next day in dimension2, tiebreaker conditions will be arranged. I believe I explained this somewhere in my original post, but it must have gotten lost somehow.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:09 PM   #17
rioting
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to rioting

So what if in D1 victory is achieved, but D2 is only one more phase away from a victory also. The win goes to D1 because it comes first?
Old 03-23-2007, 03:11 PM   #18
talisman
Resident Penguin

mmm ok. Do we get to know what these tiebreaker conditions are before it happens?
Old 03-23-2007, 03:11 PM   #19
rioting
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to rioting

ninjapost from fish! I see. A tiebreaker sounds like much fun.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:43 PM   #20
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

Clarification for how long this game will take:

48 hours of Day 1(D1)
Night 1(D2), 48 hours of Day 1(D2)

Is that how it's going to work?