Old 05-31-2021, 10:56 PM   #61
XelNya
So I don't
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,037
Default Re: Roast the person above you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phynx View Post
Your name reflects a speech impediment I'm sure that you have.
You’re right about being forever - away from anything resembling someone worth roasting.
__________________
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2021, 06:07 AM   #62
Akaunei
FFR Player
 
Akaunei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 131
Default Re: Roast the person above you

This is a random thought because threads don't go well, and to be honest, it's more me ranting about something incredibly stupid, and petty than anything.
There's a lot of pretext, but to summarize, I am not on the moderation team / admin team's good side, and it's totally fair they feel that way. My issue is with how they enforce the site's rules, and skate around them. I could totally help myself by not being a dick. All of this shit is stupid, and should in theory be a non-issue. I care significantly about being able to just, be me. Getting banned for like, airing my grievances out in a public thread? I get it, but don't agree with it. Fine. But what I got banned for this time, was actually silly.
Let's cut the crap though.

I got banned for this post, and I am posing it inverted, because the main issue with it, isn't very legible otherwise. It's also in a quote, because they deleted the post. (Standard procedure.) This is the post: https://i.imgur.com/53TekcB.png

I want to very clearly explain the entire post, and why it was made.

The discussion is in a thread about a user trying to pick between learning up and downscroll. I make a valid response, and then later peek back in, and see thesunfan make a joking response of "upscroll is a blight on rhythm gaming" I then respond with "You take this back right fucking now" and he responds "make me". I then make the above screenshotted post.
The post is a joke. There's a lot of subtle humor in it, that's really funny to me. Me saying "for the dipshits in the back" does not target anyone specifically. But the reason it's there, is because of repeated run ins with Cammy in the forum, and me telling them to "use the report button if my post bothers you." That is the type of person this note was aimed at, the kind of person who would take offence for the person the post is aimed at. (thesunfan.) It is NOT a shot at the moderation team, or the admin team, and that's pretty clear, if you attempt to give this post any form of leniency, which if you're acting in good faith as a mod / admin, you'd do that.
They didn't. They got angry, and banned me, after talking with thesunfan himself. Who, as Prawn says in a screenshot later, said "he did not care". Which makes this entire ban an actual case of (admittedly) earned bias. But it's biased, and silly they did it regardless.

I told Prawn, that I would be dropping these on an "if asked" basis, but I've had a change of mind on that. Nothing in these DM's is a leak of any personal info, that is not already public. (Such as my own Discord information, or his as it's on his profile which is how I got it.)
Screenshot of our entire DM history: https://i.imgur.com/hK3F0cs.png
Note: I may has misquoted Devonin, and if that is the case, the point of the quote is still roughly about the same, but I will add that correction here later if needed.

There's a few issues with the discussion.

0. "White text does not nullify infractions" Assumes the post is a direct target to anyone. You are not me, you did not ask me, there is ZERO context WITHIN the post for you to arrive at the conclusion it's aimed at you / the moderation team.
0.5 You could actually modify the post to say "for the folks in the back" and the intention / impact is the same. If I had done that, we'd probably not be here. But you're a bit sensitive I figure.
1. thesunfan himself was asked if the post bothered him. I was not afforded the same courtesy to explain the post. Thanks for that.
2. Prawn states how many of the mod team had a discussion about this, and frankly I feel their conclusion is unjustified, as even with the loopholes on the Mod team's end in the rule thread, that conclusion is not a punishment that can be given, as there's no statement about it, nor public precedent for it.
3. He describes it as "going after someone who wouldn't care." Dude, I did not "go after" him and how fucking DARE you say that. It's actually a joke, and it's one I knew he would understand. (The nonwhite-text part of the post.) YOU have done what I was accused of by devonin, which was to view a post in the worst light possible. Except you actually did it, and I didn't. The contexts are different.
4. You as a team collective, do not enforce the rules properly, nor fairly, and haven't for a long time. See the bottom part of the rules thread where it explains the report button? THAT is why Cammy has deserved a ban as much as I did both times. But you won't do it. You literally banned me for a nonspecific joke, as if it was a personal attack. That is disingenuous at best, makes you a reprobate at worst.

I've done myself no favors in this community at all. I'm not like, so arrogant to be unaware of that. But... you are making issues, out of non-issues. You cannot follow the procedures as they're written. You have acted on rules / procedures unwritten. You HAVE to understand why my reactions in this specific case are what they are.

I got banned for no actual reason. What's worse is:

1. There actually was a post that was about you. It's still there actually.
2. There's an actual out you could have taken, which is the ONE point (non-permanent) infraction for being "aggressive" toward another user, but I suspect you know that's such a loose can of worms it hurts.

Anyways, I just wanted this out there. I'm a fucking ass hole, I'm unreasonable, a troll, a completely toxic character here. I'm not going to like, skirt around and act like that isn't the case. I also know full well, that you, or someone else, is probably going to delete this, and none of this isn't what I said to you in private, so I did actually try to keep it private first.

I shouldn't have been banned for that post. I don't deserve the ultimatum you gave me, because it breaks the guidelines the site outlines. I shouldn't have been banned for the first interaction with Cammy as a four point infraction. It was a one. I shouldn't have gotten the second ban alone either, clearly Cammy cannot follow the rules thread correctly either. At the very least, their posts should have been removed.

Enforce your rules fairly, and equally.

I still want Funnygurl to get her apology from a bit ago. I want the TWG moderation team to acknowledge my critique, at the very least in private, or to at least those affected. I don't want an apology, I don't deserve it. But equally, don't ask me to obey the rules, when you don't even enforce them fairly from the get-go, and break process and procedure, which the Mod team has done in the past. Ask OWA about the SOTW two year ban threat I got given a few years ago. I think he'd recall it. I certainly remember it. I also remember the unjustified shadowban.

TLDR: I got banned for no actual reason, other than personal bias(es) of the staff/Prawn. I don't want an apology, just acknowledgement I am right on my points, and to be given the same treatment as any other user. You don't get to circumvent the rules and improvise them.
__________________

Akaunei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2021, 08:02 AM   #63
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
Dynam0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: North Bay, ON
Age: 32
Posts: 8,954
Default Re: Roast the person above you

jfc dude this isn't Nazi germany, just stop being an annoying shit maybe?
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2021, 08:46 AM   #64
Akaunei
FFR Player
 
Akaunei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 131
Default Re: Roast the person above you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
jfc dude this isn't Nazi germany, just stop being an annoying shit maybe?
imagine being in division 0 noob, your pfp clearly also says "D0" noob xd!!!!!!
__________________

Akaunei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2021, 09:22 AM   #65
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
-paexaea-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: skjandlurkelandia²
Age: 30
Posts: 4,537
Default Re: Roast the person above you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaunei View Post
This is a random thought because threads don't go well, and to be honest, it's more me ranting about something incredibly stupid, and petty than anything.
There's a lot of pretext, but to summarize, I am not on the moderation team / admin team's good side, and it's totally fair they feel that way. My issue is with how they enforce the site's rules, and skate around them. I could totally help myself by not being a dick. All of this shit is stupid, and should in theory be a non-issue. I care significantly about being able to just, be me. Getting banned for like, airing my grievances out in a public thread? I get it, but don't agree with it. Fine. But what I got banned for this time, was actually silly.
Let's cut the crap though.

I got banned for this post, and I am posing it inverted, because the main issue with it, isn't very legible otherwise. It's also in a quote, because they deleted the post. (Standard procedure.) This is the post: https://i.imgur.com/53TekcB.png

I want to very clearly explain the entire post, and why it was made.

The discussion is in a thread about a user trying to pick between learning up and downscroll. I make a valid response, and then later peek back in, and see thesunfan make a joking response of "upscroll is a blight on rhythm gaming" I then respond with "You take this back right fucking now" and he responds "make me". I then make the above screenshotted post.
The post is a joke. There's a lot of subtle humor in it, that's really funny to me. Me saying "for the dipshits in the back" does not target anyone specifically. But the reason it's there, is because of repeated run ins with Cammy in the forum, and me telling them to "use the report button if my post bothers you." That is the type of person this note was aimed at, the kind of person who would take offence for the person the post is aimed at. (thesunfan.) It is NOT a shot at the moderation team, or the admin team, and that's pretty clear, if you attempt to give this post any form of leniency, which if you're acting in good faith as a mod / admin, you'd do that.
They didn't. They got angry, and banned me, after talking with thesunfan himself. Who, as Prawn says in a screenshot later, said "he did not care". Which makes this entire ban an actual case of (admittedly) earned bias. But it's biased, and silly they did it regardless.

I told Prawn, that I would be dropping these on an "if asked" basis, but I've had a change of mind on that. Nothing in these DM's is a leak of any personal info, that is not already public. (Such as my own Discord information, or his as it's on his profile which is how I got it.)
Screenshot of our entire DM history: https://i.imgur.com/hK3F0cs.png
Note: I may has misquoted Devonin, and if that is the case, the point of the quote is still roughly about the same, but I will add that correction here later if needed.

There's a few issues with the discussion.

0. "White text does not nullify infractions" Assumes the post is a direct target to anyone. You are not me, you did not ask me, there is ZERO context WITHIN the post for you to arrive at the conclusion it's aimed at you / the moderation team.
0.5 You could actually modify the post to say "for the folks in the back" and the intention / impact is the same. If I had done that, we'd probably not be here. But you're a bit sensitive I figure.
1. thesunfan himself was asked if the post bothered him. I was not afforded the same courtesy to explain the post. Thanks for that.
2. Prawn states how many of the mod team had a discussion about this, and frankly I feel their conclusion is unjustified, as even with the loopholes on the Mod team's end in the rule thread, that conclusion is not a punishment that can be given, as there's no statement about it, nor public precedent for it.
3. He describes it as "going after someone who wouldn't care." Dude, I did not "go after" him and how fucking DARE you say that. It's actually a joke, and it's one I knew he would understand. (The nonwhite-text part of the post.) YOU have done what I was accused of by devonin, which was to view a post in the worst light possible. Except you actually did it, and I didn't. The contexts are different.
4. You as a team collective, do not enforce the rules properly, nor fairly, and haven't for a long time. See the bottom part of the rules thread where it explains the report button? THAT is why Cammy has deserved a ban as much as I did both times. But you won't do it. You literally banned me for a nonspecific joke, as if it was a personal attack. That is disingenuous at best, makes you a reprobate at worst.

I've done myself no favors in this community at all. I'm not like, so arrogant to be unaware of that. But... you are making issues, out of non-issues. You cannot follow the procedures as they're written. You have acted on rules / procedures unwritten. You HAVE to understand why my reactions in this specific case are what they are.

I got banned for no actual reason. What's worse is:

1. There actually was a post that was about you. It's still there actually.
2. There's an actual out you could have taken, which is the ONE point (non-permanent) infraction for being "aggressive" toward another user, but I suspect you know that's such a loose can of worms it hurts.

Anyways, I just wanted this out there. I'm a fucking ass hole, I'm unreasonable, a troll, a completely toxic character here. I'm not going to like, skirt around and act like that isn't the case. I also know full well, that you, or someone else, is probably going to delete this, and none of this isn't what I said to you in private, so I did actually try to keep it private first.

I shouldn't have been banned for that post. I don't deserve the ultimatum you gave me, because it breaks the guidelines the site outlines. I shouldn't have been banned for the first interaction with Cammy as a four point infraction. It was a one. I shouldn't have gotten the second ban alone either, clearly Cammy cannot follow the rules thread correctly either. At the very least, their posts should have been removed.

Enforce your rules fairly, and equally.

I still want Funnygurl to get her apology from a bit ago. I want the TWG moderation team to acknowledge my critique, at the very least in private, or to at least those affected. I don't want an apology, I don't deserve it. But equally, don't ask me to obey the rules, when you don't even enforce them fairly from the get-go, and break process and procedure, which the Mod team has done in the past. Ask OWA about the SOTW two year ban threat I got given a few years ago. I think he'd recall it. I certainly remember it. I also remember the unjustified shadowban.

TLDR: I got banned for no actual reason, other than personal bias(es) of the staff/Prawn. I don't want an apology, just acknowledgement I am right on my points, and to be given the same treatment as any other user. You don't get to circumvent the rules and improvise them.
shut up
__________________
See you, Space Cowboy.
-paexaea- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2021, 10:33 AM   #66
XelNya
So I don't
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
XelNya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,037
Default Re: Roast the person above you

I think the roast is actually going over your guys heads, or I am hard /whoooooshing

Like they’re actually throwing good shade by copy pasting that.
__________________
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2021, 02:50 PM   #67
EppuJoloZ
Perkele notta!
FFR Veteran
 
EppuJoloZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Finland
Age: 18
Posts: 198
Default Re: Roast the person above you

reddit
__________________
abort mission, they have spotted us!
lolz
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
finland doesnt exist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
I take your Dance Praise and raise it a Guitar Praise
EppuJoloZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2021, 06:35 PM   #68
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 24
Posts: 2,243
Default Re: Roast the person above you

imagine living in a country where the number of lakes is what comes to mind when you think about it

google says you actually have one lake for every 26 people, which makes sense. the tears shed from living in finland's gotta go somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaunei View Post
shit we got the offbrand xelnya and the real xelnya
oh my GOD
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2021, 12:38 AM   #69
qrrbrbirbel
FFR Veteran
idiot
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
qrrbrbirbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Age: 32
Posts: 505
Default Re: Roast the person above you

I feel sorry that humor has to share anything in common with you
__________________
im trash
qrrbrbirbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-2-2021, 11:24 AM   #70
revolutionomega
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
revolutionomega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: White Plains, New York
Age: 29
Posts: 2,195
Send a message via AIM to revolutionomega Send a message via MSN to revolutionomega
Default Re: Roast the person above you

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries. I FART in your general direction.
__________________
"AW MAN, WE SUCK AGAIN!"
- Rob Schneider, The Waterboy (1998)
revolutionomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2021, 04:39 PM   #71
Akaunei
FFR Player
 
Akaunei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 131
Default Re: Roast the person above you

mans roast makes as much sense as trying to figure out if xelnya is an SJW or anti SJW

on one hand xelnya is "I'M BEING BANNED BECAUSE IM RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG"

on the other hand "YALL TOO SENSITIVE TAKE A JOKE FFS"
__________________


Last edited by Akaunei; 06-6-2021 at 04:42 PM..
Akaunei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2021, 05:51 PM   #72
Skayles
nocturnal girl (〜✘﹏✘)〜
FFR Veteran
 
Skayles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Age: 28
Posts: 71
Default Re: Roast the person above you

The level of your obsession about Xelnya's personality / standing in the community makes legoalvin123 look like a casual FNF player in comparison
__________________

Last edited by Skayles; 06-6-2021 at 05:52 PM..
Skayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2021, 06:24 PM   #73
FlynnMac
peepee poopoo
Just here
Event StaffFFR Veteran
 
FlynnMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Age: 18
Posts: 357
Default Re: Roast the person above you

you're a sussy baka
__________________
FlynnMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2021, 07:00 PM   #74
Akaunei
FFR Player
 
Akaunei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 131
Default Re: Roast the person above you

alpha dan is 7600 days overdue
__________________

Akaunei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2021, 08:12 PM   #75
katanaeyegaming
FFR Player
 
katanaeyegaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Age: 18
Posts: 230
Default Re: Roast the person above you

The fact you are roasting him for alpha when you yourself didn't wanna go for it says wonders on the hypocritical side of your character.
__________________
It is known that wherever you may go we will follow you
#Fearthewyvern

katanaeyegaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2021, 08:16 PM   #76
Akaunei
FFR Player
 
Akaunei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 131
Default Re: Roast the person above you

imagine being so incompetent you needed me to erase the SVs
__________________

Akaunei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2021, 10:12 PM   #77
qrrbrbirbel
FFR Veteran
idiot
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
qrrbrbirbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Age: 32
Posts: 505
Default Re: Roast the person above you

More like
AKA U NEED THERAPY
__________________
im trash
qrrbrbirbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-7-2021, 02:12 PM   #78
katanaeyegaming
FFR Player
 
katanaeyegaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Age: 18
Posts: 230
Default Re: Roast the person above you

Your username looks like my art.

Aka your username looks like I puked all over the canvas
__________________
It is known that wherever you may go we will follow you
#Fearthewyvern

katanaeyegaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-7-2021, 03:07 PM   #79
Skayles
nocturnal girl (〜✘﹏✘)〜
FFR Veteran
 
Skayles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Age: 28
Posts: 71
Default Re: Roast the person above you

Putting the word "gaming" in your username immediately makes it an F-tier name, you would have been better off with a name like "SploojGuzzler69"
__________________
Skayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-7-2021, 04:51 PM   #80
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
aperson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,369
Send a message via AIM to aperson
Default Re: Roast the person above you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skayles View Post
Putting the word "gaming" in your username immediately makes it an F-tier name, you would have been better off with a name like "SploojGuzzler69"
____________/
__________________
aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution