Old 05-17-2018, 03:11 PM   #1141
Curry and Rice
FFR Player
 
Curry and Rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: In a Room
Age: 22
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

at this point, you're pretty much scrounging for any tiny scrap you can get tbh
Curry and Rice is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 03:16 PM   #1142
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran
 
roundbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 2,529
Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry and Rice View Post
Didn't miss that; that's literally from the same phase.
ok, then how did it come out of nowhere? you didn't include it in your post and it paints a completely different picture
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer

watch my rad gameplay
roundbox is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 03:16 PM   #1143
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran
 
roundbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 2,529
Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

if you're gonna vote me, just do it now and get it over with
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer

watch my rad gameplay
roundbox is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 03:19 PM   #1144
Curry and Rice
FFR Player
 
Curry and Rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: In a Room
Age: 22
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Also doing some quick skimming through the last couple pages of that game of yours you linked led to these gems:
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
wow LMFAO this was a typo, he's towny fmpov if you read my post
I don't want to lynch him today
I don't fucking know what to do right now tbh
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
sorry haku I think you've bee doing a good job but I still don't like your slot
townreads on everyone else is really fucking my head right now
I don't think you could get much closer to that type of behavior right now if you tried. Starting from the end, I went back to Page 70 and you seem pretty similar between these two games.
Curry and Rice is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 03:20 PM   #1145
Curry and Rice
FFR Player
 
Curry and Rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: In a Room
Age: 22
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
ok, then how did it come out of nowhere? you didn't include it in your post and it paints a completely different picture
No, no it doesn't. The quote I highlighted from InD was to demonstrate how out of nowhere the whole suspicion was in general.
Curry and Rice is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 03:21 PM   #1146
Curry and Rice
FFR Player
 
Curry and Rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: In a Room
Age: 22
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
if you're gonna vote me, just do it now and get it over with
bite me

roundbox
Curry and Rice is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 03:24 PM   #1147
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran
 
roundbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 2,529
Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry and Rice View Post
No, no it doesn't. The quote I highlighted from InD was to demonstrate how out of nowhere the whole suspicion was in general.
I think my points against you were reasonable. Why don't you seem to see that?

also can we get like, one of any four other living players in this game to talk with us
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer

watch my rad gameplay
roundbox is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 03:25 PM   #1148
Curry and Rice
FFR Player
 
Curry and Rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: In a Room
Age: 22
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Yeah, I'm just gonna take a stress break for a little bit before my brain melts or something.
Curry and Rice is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 05:53 PM   #1149
star-crossed
FFR Player
 
star-crossed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

I think Cel is the least likely to be a mafia, between ffa pushing Cel as mafia throughout the day and not choosing to help Cel get on the subject of stuff besides manti by asking Cel questions, raeko's defense of Cel but unwillingness to fully side with Cel, and Cel starting the votes against ffa at the very end. This is one of the only things I feel very confident on. I will not vote for him today.

The main reason I have to think that olimar is not mafia, is the fact that ffa consistently pushed olimar as a serial killer suspect. Because serial killer reads are something that mafia can give genuine thoughts on and show that they are solving, I see it is much more likely ffa believed this, rather than tried to make somebody he knew was mafia and on his team look bad in this convoluted way. The only points toward him being a mafia, I feel, is raeko saying she felt kind of scared of voting him on D1, and possibly the fact that he kept defending ffa. I do not actually think that as the serial killer, he would talk about it the way that he has to us - which I think is the best lead I have on anybody, in terms of not being a serial killer. While I would feel very annoyed to lose to the person who is obviously trying the least out of everyone, my best guess at this point remains that he is a town. The raeko comment is kind of haunting me, to the point that I wish I had not even noticed it, because I don't feel that that one comment should hold more weight than how ffa acted through all of D0 (and seemed like he would have kept with if he had lived).

ffa had an awkward/silly push on roundbox from early on D0 that he did not keep up with, as I have said. rb specifically drew attention to ffa's read on raeko being for a silly reason. rb was around at the end of D0. rb had made a negative comment toward Cel earlier in the day that might help him defend trying to make more of a push on Cel to save ffa (something to do with the Manti stuff); however, he commented on Cel's stronger anger toward Manti, in a pretty neutral way, right at the end of the day when it may have been advantageous to him as a mafia in saving ffa, for him to speak more negatively of Cel. He chose not to vote anybody, but did say he would vote for Cel if somebody else switched to Cel, to avoid a kitb. He seemed very much a deer in the headlights for reasons I do not fully get.

roundb not voting for Curry (or even olimar) on D1 while he and funny, who he was townleaning, could be hanged confuses me a lot. Unless I am not understanding the vote timings and such, it seems like he is overemphasizing this woe-is-me narrative of "I am forced to kill funny to save myself" while not actually trying very hard to make an alternative possible. mellon on D1 voted funnygirl over roundb after a short conversation with him that is shading him about him being quiet here and there. I can kind of see raeko doing that just because funnygirl was susing raeko, though, and not necessarily because rb was mafia.

In summary, I feel the way the dead mafia talked toward him was pretty awkward - they both poked at him but did not follow through with it in any meaningful way (and with raeko actually helping to save him on D1 from dying). What looks good, is that he called out ffa and raeko on D0 as a connection, and that it seemed like he could have made Cel look worse to save ffa on that day as well. But probably the most important thing I would need to understand to feel better about him, is more about what his mindset has been at the ends of the Days, in retrospect.

I am getting to Curry next but I will post this now to give others the chance to respond...I think I have been writing and thinking this over, for over an hour at this point anyway.
star-crossed is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 05:59 PM   #1150
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran
 
roundbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 2,529
Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

I have a sinking feeling I just wasted a bunch of effort calling curry and rice scum and that he's actually town because of really dumb logic and parallels in my head

more in a bit
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer

watch my rad gameplay
roundbox is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 06:42 PM   #1151
star-crossed
FFR Player
 
star-crossed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry and Rice View Post
Don't really think I've been overwhelmingly positive about roundbox so idk what you mean by that. I also notice that you seem to be singling me out for allegedly bringing up a lynch out of nowhere, but completely ignore how roundbox pretty much did the same thing with me (with a dash of OMGUS to boot), exemplified by this quote:
I think you misunderstood me here. You had been saying you felt suspicious of him since about halfway through D1, so it is not that it really felt random or inconsistent, it's just that up until you answered this question for me, the actual reasons you were giving that went against that suspicion seemed more salient/thoughtful than the points you'd raised against the person who you were consistently reading as sus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry and Rice View Post
I mean, I already gave an explanation to that.
I would like to say, the main thing I was reacting to from this message when I was drunkposting (sorry) was actually this statement. Because, I initially tried to make clear that I did read your follow-up on the wording of your raeko read from D1. I just still think it was odd and potentially indicative of you two both being mafias, and my perception was that you were brushing off my read on that as illegitimate by portraying it as a question you had talked about more before. Sometimes your arguing style seems quite caught up in rhetoric. I am pretty sure this is mainly just your personal style, but I have had moments of wondering if it is being played up; this was one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry and Rice View Post
PART 1:

Looking back, I think roundbox not voting to save FFA was because he thought that he would probably be lynched anyway the next day and didn't want it to be obvious that he was trying to save his partner. In light of the funny wagon and flip, he looks even worse from that, and his comments/reactions at the beginning of the day after that didn't help either (calling the game a "dumpster fire" and complaining about how the "game is proceeding in SK's favour" reads like venting after his partner died).
I do think the concern that ffa may be hanged later on anyway is a pretty fair point for why the last mafia may not have tried to save him. Which I find kind of ironic, because I believe both you and rb have to some degree argued in your own defense "why wouldn't I have saved ffa if I were mafia?" and both of you are arguing each other as the most likely mafia. In your case, you seemed to be having technical difficulties with the forum, as well as with your computer restarting, and by the time you actually were commenting on how you felt about ffa versus Cel, there were about 2 minutes left in the day. (I presume this is mainly why you just left your vote on Haku when no one else wanted to hang him). So, especially given your complete lack of comments about Cel earlier, and your ideas on ffa as neutral throughout the Day, I do not really think you could have tried to save ffa as a mafia at the last minute without it seeming pretty awkward, given the technical difficulty situation. Which...kind of brings me back to looking at how the dead mafia acted toward you, which I will look over again now that I have a better idea of your history with ffa.
star-crossed is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 06:48 PM   #1152
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran
 
roundbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 2,529
Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

more on this "CRAZY" theory

so curry has had me as his top wolf pick for a bit now, and I was thinking of a line I used to defend myself about him as a line he could use to defend himself from me

so he's had me at the top of his spooky scale for a while now. there was one death last night: zoshi
at this point in the game, a killing power wants to get rid of another killing power because of how close the game is. curry, if he was wanting to get rid of his highest scumlean, he would just blast them.
both players COULD have stacked on Zoshi, but I think both killing powers go after each other at this point. If curry was convinced on me, I'd be dead. his vote on me supports this; I have never, at any point in the game, had a vest. curry would be 100% positive on my alignment if he shot a vest of mine, but he didn't, because he didn't shoot, and I don't have a vest.

soooo

yeah
is curry actually town???
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer

watch my rad gameplay
roundbox is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 06:55 PM   #1153
star-crossed
FFR Player
 
star-crossed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
more on this "CRAZY" theory

so curry has had me as his top wolf pick for a bit now, and I was thinking of a line I used to defend myself about him as a line he could use to defend himself from me

so he's had me at the top of his spooky scale for a while now. there was one death last night: zoshi
at this point in the game, a killing power wants to get rid of another killing power because of how close the game is. curry, if he was wanting to get rid of his highest scumlean, he would just blast them.
both players COULD have stacked on Zoshi, but I think both killing powers go after each other at this point. If curry was convinced on me, I'd be dead. his vote on me supports this; I have never, at any point in the game, had a vest. curry would be 100% positive on my alignment if he shot a vest of mine, but he didn't, because he didn't shoot, and I don't have a vest.

soooo

yeah
is curry actually town???
I kind of cannot really follow most of your theories about why people would make specific kills, so I am focusing on what I get more, which is day stuff. But I will be interested in what inD thinks of this
star-crossed is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 07:05 PM   #1154
star-crossed
FFR Player
 
star-crossed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

The only interaction raeko arguably had with Curry is that raeko voted for funnygirl during the end of Day 1 while Curry was kind of an option. It is at 5:55am in my time that Curry is put to 2 votes, and while Cel does unvote before raeko decides to vote for funnygirl, it is within the same minute as raeko's vote (5:58am).

Curry voted raeko at the start of D2, with an italics declaration that wolves may be people not doing much. This was what he said when Cel said she tends to be quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry and Rice View Post
Can anyone else corroborate this? I know in a game on NSM, wolf raeko was pretty quiet until called out for it, even though Charu thought she was a human.
It is confusing, because I like that he mentions that he has actual eperience with others being wrong about her while she was being quiet. But him asking for corroboration specifically when he already has the idea that she may always be (from Charu, and from Cel now), seems like it may be done with the intent of giving himself a reason to back off, while still being able to emphasize later that raeko was a "past vote" of his.
star-crossed is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 07:16 PM   #1155
star-crossed
FFR Player
 
star-crossed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
xel makes one angry and annoying post or two and he conveniently forgets the fact I'm his top wolf, even after he swaps out xel for olimar



I'm not a viable lynch? eh, fuck it, let's go with this guy
This argument does not really do anything for me, because I completely empathize with his view of xel at the time.
star-crossed is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 07:34 PM   #1156
star-crossed
FFR Player
 
star-crossed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Sorry for posting so many times in a row but I am going to rest my eyes for a bit because I want to wait up for inD.
star-crossed is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 07:39 PM   #1157
Curry and Rice
FFR Player
 
Curry and Rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: In a Room
Age: 22
Posts: 0
Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
I think you misunderstood me here. You had been saying you felt suspicious of him since about halfway through D1, so it is not that it really felt random or inconsistent, it's just that up until you answered this question for me, the actual reasons you were giving that went against that suspicion seemed more salient/thoughtful than the points you'd raised against the person who you were consistently reading as sus.
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say but I think I still disagree??

Quote:
I do think the concern that ffa may be hanged later on anyway is a pretty fair point for why the last mafia may not have tried to save him. Which I find kind of ironic, because I believe both you and rb have to some degree argued in your own defense "why wouldn't I have saved ffa if I were mafia?" and both of you are arguing each other as the most likely mafia. In your case, you seemed to be having technical difficulties with the forum, as well as with your computer restarting, and by the time you actually were commenting on how you felt about ffa versus Cel, there were about 2 minutes left in the day. (I presume this is mainly why you just left your vote on Haku when no one else wanted to hang him). So, especially given your complete lack of comments about Cel earlier, and your ideas on ffa as neutral throughout the Day, I do not really think you could have tried to save ffa as a mafia at the last minute without it seeming pretty awkward, given the technical difficulty situation.
I had the time to change my vote if I really wanted to, but I figured that even though FFA was, at the time, a null read to me, he was a better lynch than Cel (which was, of course, proven in hindsight). I probably could have used the excuse "Noc gets lynched Day 1 all the time as a human, so I think he's a human" if I were his partner as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
snip
wut

are you ok

are you realizing you made a dire mistake in going after me

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
It is confusing, because I like that he mentions that he has actual eperience with others being wrong about her while she was being quiet. But him asking for corroboration specifically when he already has the idea that she may always be (from Charu, and from Cel now), seems like it may be done with the intent of giving himself a reason to back off, while still being able to emphasize later that raeko was a "past vote" of his.
The game with Raeko was only one game, not to mention her first one on NSM. Thus, I didn't know if it was an outlier in her playstyle, much like this type of inactivity usually isn't characteristic of Olimar.


Also, other people should totally chime up about this whole situation. Especially Cel and Olimar. As someone who's used to OOTC, it's kind of frustrating that all I can do is try to magically invoke them in the thread instead of pestering them through all manners available to me. :P
Curry and Rice is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 07:47 PM   #1158
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 489
Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

i'm here but i need caffeine because i am wilting fast

star, i agree that olimar really has the only stuff that means anything to being a serial killer or not, i'm just a little bothered still by his "humans don't want to lynch the SK" post today

i said earlier it could mean he's just not aware enough of the game state to even be scum, but if he's one of my clears, then there's only 2 other town posting and that doesn't feel quite right (and would be kind of disappointing)
inDheart is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 08:05 PM   #1159
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 489
Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
more on this "CRAZY" theory

so curry has had me as his top wolf pick for a bit now, and I was thinking of a line I used to defend myself about him as a line he could use to defend himself from me

so he's had me at the top of his spooky scale for a while now. there was one death last night: zoshi
at this point in the game, a killing power wants to get rid of another killing power because of how close the game is. curry, if he was wanting to get rid of his highest scumlean, he would just blast them.
both players COULD have stacked on Zoshi, but I think both killing powers go after each other at this point. If curry was convinced on me, I'd be dead. his vote on me supports this; I have never, at any point in the game, had a vest. curry would be 100% positive on my alignment if he shot a vest of mine, but he didn't, because he didn't shoot, and I don't have a vest.

soooo

yeah
is curry actually town???
he has you as his top wolf, but that doesn't make him 100% positive?

confus

also, i think this is only ruling him out of SK behavior because it'd be harder for wolves to present "real" scum picks to the thread while they aim to lynch town, especially in the early game
inDheart is offline  
Old 05-17-2018, 08:20 PM   #1160
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 489
Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
The only interaction raeko arguably had with Curry is that raeko voted for funnygirl during the end of Day 1 while Curry was kind of an option. It is at 5:55am in my time that Curry is put to 2 votes, and while Cel does unvote before raeko decides to vote for funnygirl, it is within the same minute as raeko's vote (5:58am).

Curry voted raeko at the start of D2, with an italics declaration that wolves may be people not doing much. This was what he said when Cel said she tends to be quiet


It is confusing, because I like that he mentions that he has actual eperience with others being wrong about her while she was being quiet. But him asking for corroboration specifically when he already has the idea that she may always be (from Charu, and from Cel now), seems like it may be done with the intent of giving himself a reason to back off, while still being able to emphasize later that raeko was a "past vote" of his.
sorry, where would he have that corroboration from before this game?

i'm not really sure how much attention raeko was paying to the end of day 1, tbh. she had said one total thing about funnygurl before that, nothing about curry, nothing about xel who was somewhat viable (cel wanted to vote him), and popped in to make the one post about olimar. so i think at some point she just decided her vote was going to be on funny regardless of whatever the counter was, and so her lack of a vote on curry isn't so notable
inDheart is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution