Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2020, 06:36 PM   #1
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Stock Market Chit Chat

hello, with the recent boom of new retail investors and the general age demographic of this forum slowly rising over time, i wanted to see if anybody else here dabbles in the stock market or even just financial planning. you know, the basic 401k, roth IRAs, things like that.

recently the only things i'm really passionate about is the stock market. we've seen a "once in a generation" type of collapse earlier this year with the introduction of COVID-19 and economy shutdowns. this is like the 2008 global financial crisis, except it happened much faster and much sharper than people expected - in both the DOWN and UP direction.

do you have any comments on the federal reserve, the future of the dollar, commodities like gold and lumber, certain sectors (energy, financials, technology, consumer cyclicals, etc)?

i would like to start off by saying i'm personally very concerned about the possibility of a second stimulus not happening (the powers that be do not reach an agreement in time) and things like eviction moratoriums running out, CARES act mortgage forbearance running out. i feel a housing inventory increase will be happening in the future and when it does, housing prices will crash. maybe the time to buy a house might be coming soon.. prices are super high even though the economy looks doomed from a main street standpoint.