Old 05-1-2014, 05:57 PM   #61
Hazelle
Let's GO.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Hazelle
Default Re: FFR Runners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
You can always get one of those bike racks for the back of your car.
Ah yes, logic. I have none lol.

I'll think about it - low on funds and my car's gonna get junked in about a year, I'm sure of it.
Hazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-1-2014, 06:13 PM   #62
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelle View Post
Ah yes, logic. I have none lol.

I'll think about it - low on funds and my car's gonna get junked in about a year, I'm sure of it.
:( aawww.i hope you get to do it.

Not exactly 10 miles but this felt pretty damn good. Pace was really around the 7 min range because I did a cool down once I hit the 9 mile mark.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2014-05-01-18-11-36.jpg (21.9 KB, 0 views)
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-3-2014, 09:10 PM   #63
Hazelle
Let's GO.
FFR Veteran

Quote:
:( aawww.i hope you get to do it.

Not exactly 10 miles but this felt pretty damn good. Pace was really around the 7 min range because I did a cool down once I hit the 9 mile mark.
Holy cow you're insane! Keep up the great work :D

Yeah haha, my dad has a hitch and a bike rack add-on for his car. Finally biked today, :D It felt WONDERFUL. Definitely putting some miles in around the neighborhood tomorrow. So excited!
Old 05-4-2014, 08:36 AM   #64
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelle View Post
Holy cow you're insane! Keep up the great work :D

Yeah haha, my dad has a hitch and a bike rack add-on for his car. Finally biked today, :D It felt WONDERFUL. Definitely putting some miles in around the neighborhood tomorrow. So excited!
Please tell me how that goes! I'm dying to see more screenshots/sessions being posted. It's kind of lonely posting my own stats. :(

I've been really increasing the distance. Slowly but steadily. I also was challenged to hit 100 miles within 28 days (doesn't seem too bad) here are the stats on my last two runs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2014-05-04-08-27-14.jpg (21.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2014-05-04-08-31-06.jpg (21.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-4-2014, 11:01 AM   #65
EtienneSM
FFR Player
D8 Godly Keysmasher

Send a message via Skype™ to EtienneSM

Woah, awesome job, Mahou!

Ran at my Freshman/Sophomore invitational yesterday. Got 5th overall in both the 1600 and 3200. PR'd in the mile with 5:17. Didn't get my 3200 time though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgZ View Post
enjoy having every guy ask if they can get some love on their weiner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I also like the nps scale. The standard ITG scale for harder files is blown out of proportion and no longer makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
nps is still a better idea for ratings
Quote:
Originally Posted by klimtkiller View Post
there is 1 tip for people going to college. When you're in college, you'll be 16, which is the age where (where i live) you can get laid lawfully. basically, get laid asap when they look the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapta View Post
My logic is that the brain processes in 60 FPS so I play 60 FPS.
EtienneSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2014, 11:13 AM   #66
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtienneSM View Post
Woah, awesome job, Mahou!

Ran at my Freshman/Sophomore invitational yesterday. Got 5th overall in both the 1600 and 3200. PR'd in the mile with 5:17. Didn't get my 3200 time though.
Thanks a lot man! I need an ice bath pretty badly haha. Also after calculations, I hit 34.9 miles this week alone. Woot! 8-)

Nice new PR too. Just imagine what times you'll hit your junior year if you keep it up. You'll definitely break the 4 minute mark soon.

Also, after training with my new trail shoes (new balance), it's about time that I'm the market for a flat. I'll be going to for a competitive 5k soon near the end of this month. Any suggestions? I really do not want to go with any barefoot shoes because I'm afraid I'll damage my feet.
Old 05-4-2014, 02:42 PM   #67
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

no suggestions from me, I'd like to hear input there as well haha. would love to start looking for some road races.

just got back from a run. still hovering in the 3-4 mile range for most of my runs, but I think I'm starting to feel comfortable enough where I could go 6+ without issues. it's been a long time since I've kept at it this consistently haha.

I'm about to pick up a pair of trainers, and I think I'll use an amazon gift card I've had sitting around to buy a wristband thing for phones. I may or may not be able to get one of those fancy apps and post screenshots until a get a phone upgrade :p
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2014, 03:09 PM   #68
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
no suggestions from me, I'd like to hear input there as well haha. would love to start looking for some road races.

just got back from a run. still hovering in the 3-4 mile range for most of my runs, but I think I'm starting to feel comfortable enough where I could go 6+ without issues. it's been a long time since I've kept at it this consistently haha.

I'm about to pick up a pair of trainers, and I think I'll use an amazon gift card I've had sitting around to buy a wristband thing for phones. I may or may not be able to get one of those fancy apps and post screenshots until a get a phone upgrade :p
Definitely man. This thead is basically is all about supporting/helping people who love to run. If you can't get the app, it's fine. You can always just tell us how well you are progressing.

Are you trying to go for distance or are you shooting for times? Also, what kind of brand are you looking at?
Old 05-4-2014, 04:51 PM   #69
Hazelle
Let's GO.
FFR Veteran

Biked a little around the neighborhood today - hills are a bitch lol.
Then I ran later - 1:23 for a little over 5 miles...slow slow slow xD Whatever. I'm proud of myself anyway :P
Old 05-4-2014, 04:53 PM   #70
Snowcrafta
V's beta-male entourage

Send a message via AIM to Snowcrafta

I run my strata when I go for walks and stuff, I think I'll have a new update on Tuesday.

I got nasty blisters on my heels after my 14~ mile day last Tuesday! was just letting them heal up.
Old 05-4-2014, 10:51 PM   #71
bballa48
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Thanks a lot man! I need an ice bath pretty badly haha. Also after calculations, I hit 34.9 miles this week alone. Woot! 8-)

Nice new PR too. Just imagine what times you'll hit your junior year if you keep it up. You'll definitely break the 4 minute mark soon.

Also, after training with my new trail shoes (new balance), it's about time that I'm the market for a flat. I'll be going to for a competitive 5k soon near the end of this month. Any suggestions? I really do not want to go with any barefoot shoes because I'm afraid I'll damage my feet.
If you like New Balance, the 1400 (or 1400v2) is a heck of a shoe. I use the Adidas Adios Boost, but it is pretty dang expensive for a racing flat (although it's the best flat I have ever worn). If you want something a bit more substantial (more like a marathon shoe), try the Brooks Launch, Adidas Boston, or Saucony Kinvara.
Old 05-5-2014, 02:49 PM   #72
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballa48 View Post
If you like New Balance, the 1400 (or 1400v2) is a heck of a shoe. I use the Adidas Adios Boost, but it is pretty dang expensive for a racing flat (although it's the best flat I have ever worn). If you want something a bit more substantial (more like a marathon shoe), try the Brooks Launch, Adidas Boston, or Saucony Kinvara.
Mmkay. Sure thing. I'll keep browsing around Amazon.

This run totally sucked. 25 mph winds and it blew against me most if the time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2014-05-05-14-47-26.jpg (21.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-5-2014, 03:40 PM   #73
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

know that feel with headwind, man.

Quote:
Are you trying to go for distance or are you shooting for times? Also, what kind of brand are you looking at?
both! I ran for my high school team, so I was running competitively... 5.5 years ago. been running very casually off and on since (more off than on). I don't think I'm looking to beat my best times or longest distance from back in the day, but building up to anywhere near that level would feel pretty great.

grabbed a pair of Reebok trainers yesterday. I tried on a pair of asics, and they felt fine, but I really liked the pair I got. I'll report in once I give 'em some use.

edit: diggin' the shoes

Last edited by dAnceguy117; 05-5-2014 at 05:28 PM..
Old 05-8-2014, 11:04 AM   #74
Arkuski
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Arkuski Send a message via Skype™ to Arkuski

I feel like this is the appropriate place to share this anecdote:

My gf has been running for about 2 years now. She did her first half-marathon last October and she's looking to do her first full marathon this October. She has been running about 40 miles/week until recently. About a month ago she started complaining that her runs were getting harder and she felt tired all the time. More recently, she said she would get lightheaded just from walking up stairs. In workouts, she would stop upwards of four times in a mile even though a few weeks ago she was running 10+ miles no problem. She did her research and decided to get a blood test. Her results came back today and were astounding. Normal ferritin levels in women range from 12-150 ng/mL. Her level was 2 ng/mL. Her blood pressure was 104/36. She is severely anemic and now has to take iron supplements for three months. It's crazy just to think about though; she said she felt like every day was leg day. If she wasn't getting enough oxygen during her runs, it must literally have felt like sprinting 400s all the time.

Anyway moral of the story is know your body and rest when you need it. No sense pounding your head against the wall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
i can appreciate a good looking woman when i see one and this one just happened to be my mom
Arkuski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-8-2014, 11:18 AM   #75
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

I kind of had the same issue before in high school.

But yeah it is weird because everyone's body is very different. I had to take magnesium for awhile to solve my issue.

Last edited by Mahou; 05-8-2014 at 11:30 AM..
Old 05-8-2014, 12:25 PM   #76
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
know that feel with headwind, man.

both! I ran for my high school team, so I was running competitively... 5.5 years ago. been running very casually off and on since (more off than on). I don't think I'm looking to beat my best times or longest distance from back in the day, but building up to anywhere near that level would feel pretty great.

grabbed a pair of Reebok trainers yesterday. I tried on a pair of asics, and they felt fine, but I really liked the pair I got. I'll report in once I give 'em some use.

edit: diggin' the shoes
Hey! If the shoes are comfortable, that's the biggest plus ever. Nice find!

You'd be surprised if you stay consistent then you actually get faster pretty quick. Since I've been putting so many miles down, I have to start taking a few supplements including protein because I'm starting to get a lot of lactate acid buildup.
Old 05-9-2014, 05:04 PM   #77
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

took a couple days off, back at it. really nice, except my stomach was telling me to stop toward the end of my run today. might need to eat more (or maybe just better) food.

oh yeah the shoes:
http://shop.reebok.com/us/product/me...zrfZdyZ1z12rcl

except mine are red and stuff. $60 on sale where I bought em. no idea if these would be advised for people who run beyond a pretty casual level, but they're treating me well so far.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:22 PM   #78
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

I love it when things like this happen. :) I got faster, and I have a better endurance now. Hopefully with some more training, I'll be able to do a full marathon within 4 to 5 months. Here are a couple of runs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2014-05-14-23-19-54.jpg (22.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2014-05-14-23-20-14.jpg (20.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-16-2014, 12:13 PM   #79
Zapmeister
FFR Player

i just ran 1 mile in 7:48

how crap is that on a scale of figuratively crap to literally crap

Theorem: If you have a large enough number of monkeys, and a large enough number of computer keyboards, one of them will sight-read AAA death piano on stealth. And the ffr community will forever worship it. Proof Example

ask me anything here

mashed FCs: 329

r1: 5
r2: 4
r3: 6
r4: 8
r5: 3
r6: 5
r7: 15
final position: 4th
Zapmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #80
DotKritic
Forum User

Ran a 5K in November 2013 then again in January 2014. Running a 5K (Fun Run) later this month. I run 5Ks nearly every time I go to the gym.

FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004
DotKritic is offline   Reply With Quote