Old 09-2-2015, 01:20 AM   #2321
Poison-
Nope
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Diablo 3

You can also upgrade rare items in the cube and convert set items. So don't toss duplicates if you get any from the set you want
Poison- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-2-2015, 10:07 PM   #2322
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Interesting. Didn't know you could do that with the cube.

Played with it a bit after I got my delrasha up and running. Cubed out RRoG, Slow time helm and Aether walker for insta teleports. Gear isn't even close to optimal and finished a 42 in like 6 minutes eyes closed which was the highest rift my wizzy got to last season.

Nice. Once my gems are actually leveled up and I replace a few pieces I should be able to push 50

Just trying to get a better offhand and then otherwise just looking to finish archon set. Need the ring that decreases cooldowns and one more set piece, so almost there!

If a furnace by chance dropped that would make a pretty sick cube item.

Last edited by Reach; 09-2-2015 at 10:10 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-3-2015, 04:02 AM   #2323
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf

Alright so I currently have a mumble that anyone here should be able to use, as it's a 100 slot and it's never even close to full. Essentially you can come in and chat/find people to rift with.

If I'm on I'll register you when you come in, if not, someone else will.

Old 09-3-2015, 05:18 AM   #2324
hi19hi19
lol happy

I just had two Ramaladni's Gift drop from the same mob.

I didn't even know that was a thing that could happen.

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-3-2015, 10:32 AM   #2325
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

Kadala gave me two piece Arachyr plus Tasker and Theo. T1 farm is pretty easy now, considering the bump to t2. Para 30-something. Pretty fun so far.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-3-2015, 11:24 AM   #2326
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

started playing again, got a dh to 70 yesterday evening
time to begin the grind
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-3-2015, 02:31 PM   #2327
Poison-
Nope

Did 53 solo but still don't have any ancient gear. My non-ancient weapons are definitely the thing holding me back the most. My amulet and rings also suck
Old 09-3-2015, 05:04 PM   #2328
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

I usually come back and play D3 every now and then. Anything cool over last season that makes this season worth playing?
Old 09-3-2015, 05:11 PM   #2329
m0de
Marble Eater
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to m0de

Is it worth playing without the expansion? I plan on buying it sometime in the future, but was just curious if its worth playing beforehand. Like could I level up, then just pick up where I left off when I get the expansion?
Old 09-3-2015, 05:19 PM   #2330
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0de View Post
Is it worth playing without the expansion? I plan on buying it sometime in the future, but was just curious if its worth playing beforehand. Like could I level up, then just pick up where I left off when I get the expansion?
It's not. If you're planning on playing, buy it. All the endgame stuff comes with the expansion.
Old 09-4-2015, 12:12 AM   #2331
andy-o24
FFR Veteran

First ancient is a templar relic. 985/1000 strength roll.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
Old 09-4-2015, 02:28 AM   #2332
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-o24 View Post
First ancient is a templar relic. 985/1000 strength roll.

-o24
Is it the one that makes him invincible or is it the one nobody uses?

This determines whether my reaction is "grats!" or "wow I'm so sorry to hear that"

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-4-2015, 07:33 AM   #2333
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Yeah, the only templar relic that matters is invincibility, since past GR 40 the templar just dies instantly if you don't have it.

Cleared a 48 GR pretty easily in 9 minutes with a mediocre rift. Can definitely clear 50 or higher with a good rift. Interestingly survivability is a non-issue. I can pretty much stand in the middle of 100s of enemies and take no damage. It mostly comes down to damage and mob density. I can see 51+ clears posing problems mostly because of how long the RG would take to kill. Definitely need a furnace cubed and ancient walker weapon on hand to consistently push past that.

Just finished my archon set too so in the process of trying to switch over, but it seems a lot less consistent than delrasha. Adding some more CDR to it and leveled up gems to 25 though so going to try it again today and see if it performs better. Seems like it's just an insta reset set though if you get a low density rift, though I suppose if you're pushing for leaderboards those are always resets anyway. RGs seem like a huge problem with this set too, there are a bunch of RGs you can't really fight and it's beneficial to time the archon correctly so you can blow the RG away before you lose your stacks. Even at level 40 the difference was between killing the RG instantaneously and having to reset because I couldn't kill him at all.

Edit: Ok, yeah, CDR is really critical for archon and can't be overstated. Sacrificed some DPS to get more CDR. Even an extra 10% made all of the difference. Now I can get archon up almost instantly and blazed through a shitty GR 44 with no problems. Fun build.

The reason is that it's pretty critical to get lots of time in archon round 2 with the swami stacks before they wear off, since that's what snowballs your DPS. If your CDR isn't high enough to do it you hit like a wet noodle. Combining stacks was dropping elites pretty much instantly @ 44, vs taking forever to kill them if you're letting those stacks fall off.

Last edited by Reach; 09-4-2015 at 09:12 AM..
Old 09-4-2015, 08:05 AM   #2334
andy-o24
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Is it the one that makes him invincible or is it the one nobody uses?

This determines whether my reaction is "grats!" or "wow I'm so sorry to hear that"
Reduces his cooldowns by 50%. :P It was a nice upgrade at least. I'm far from GR 40, but making some progress. Anyone can tell/link me how to get the Cube. I'm interested in throwing away some gear.

-o24

Quote:
Old 09-4-2015, 02:43 PM   #2335
choof
Banned

act 3 adventure mode, top right corner of the map
don't remember what it's called but there are two areas, you find the cube in the second area by exploring
Old 09-5-2015, 10:15 PM   #2336
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

First time leaderboards ever.

http://i.imgur.com/zucyqZJ.jpg

Woo!

CRAP rift too. Good rift I think I could clear 55 without any upgrades at all, and I still have a decent amount of damage I can squeeze out of this build. Still need ancient aether weapon and a couple pieces of ancient gear.

Delrasha btw. I can't get Archon to work consistently past 50. You basically yolo swag and if you die once or run into any slow rift spots it's a reset. Zzzz...

Dumping shards onto a monk now. Too bad I've dumped over 5k and haven't gotten any set pieces other than blackthornes. LOL

Last edited by Reach; 09-5-2015 at 10:19 PM..
Old 09-6-2015, 12:39 AM   #2337
choof
Banned

siiick dude, grats
just pushed my dh to t1, nothing notable yet except for a unity. need another one for templar, and then I'll still need the invincibility relic 8(
Old 09-6-2015, 09:37 AM   #2338
Poison-
Nope

Haven't played much in the last 2 days. It's way too frustrating to do GR's without ancient weapons.
Old 09-6-2015, 10:54 AM   #2339
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

It does, and the weapon reroll feature on cube is so god damn trash holy shit.

50 souls? Really? And I haven't even had one reroll as ancient yet, and it ruined the stats on most of the ones I've tried.

Jesus. Just charge 200 souls + the mats and give me a guaranteed ancient roll.

Last edited by Reach; 09-6-2015 at 11:00 AM..
Old 09-6-2015, 06:06 PM   #2340
andy-o24
FFR Veteran

Got my Starmetal Kukri. Thinking I'll run 6 Arachyr's and something else. Cube gives me permanent Locust Swarm from Wormwood extraction. Running Zunimassa's in the mean time while I finish up sets. Farming some T4 pretty efficiently now, but haven't really pushed myself in GRs yet. My brother may start playing which will hopefully speed things up. Ancient drops have been abyssmal.

-o24

Quote: