Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 09:50 PM   #3541
TWG Maple
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
I connect Maple to Tank based on Maple's read list.

Last one I'm unsure. I'd say Fauna distancing.

I don't really want to think further without knowing the flip.
based on my newest one?
Old 03-17-2020, 09:51 PM   #3542
TWG Maple
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Punchy View Post
This reread sucks balls
Props to Phil for rereading this completely without hating themselves
I got to page 8 on a reread and said fuck that.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:51 PM   #3543
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Maple View Post
18) Rolf- Get rid of him no matter the alignment. answers more questions dead than alive.
Alright yeah enough of this.
Everybody that is saying shit like this needs to also give info on what questions they expect to be answered or interactions to be solved when I flip. This is just such a cheap thing to say.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:51 PM   #3544
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I'm a bit torn about if Cole/Cherry was T/T or W/T, but I don't think I'm going to get somewhere with that.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:51 PM   #3545
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Maple View Post
based on my newest one?
No, the old one.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:52 PM   #3546
TWG Julian
FFR Player

maple/punchy/tank?
Old 03-17-2020, 09:52 PM   #3547
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Like I said it was cool and all when Apollo brought it up but it's multiple players now and it's just so lazy when you're not explaining how my flip would be helpful.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:55 PM   #3548
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
maple/punchy/tank?
would make me extremely angry lol
Old 03-17-2020, 09:55 PM   #3549
TWG Maple
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Rolf View Post
Like I said it was cool and all when Apollo brought it up but it's multiple players now and it's just so lazy when you're not explaining how my flip would be helpful.
Because it's everyone elses reads on you.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:55 PM   #3550
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
I think the main issue with your slot is that we're pretty bad at leaning you one way or another and you're getting residual heat because you're sounding like a coin flip.

I think you should follow up on what Cole says and provide what you think may be the players that you would never lynch or some sort of read that you more strongly believe in even if it's partial.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:56 PM   #3551
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Rolf Iso

Quote:
If voting for people posting less is what's going to happen here this phase, I'd avoid Del because of this for now. Would be weird to draw attention onto yourself like this questioning that vote.
Interesting pull-away from Del beginning of the game, taking Del's viewpoint of 'gathering attention for the wrong reasons' into consideration.

Quote:
I hope that this is a general statement and not trying to be a response to me, as that'd make two different people now answering for Tank and that's not a good look.
Still don't really understand the attention to the fact after all this time. Shows as borderline defensive, as they don't want to be responsible for covering Tank.

Quote:
Taking by the bolded portion that you're suspicious of Chief? But then obviously suspicious of Apollo from your vote, so would you believe Apollo's vote is sort of distancing?
Putting down observation on Punchy's vote of Apollo when they're suspicious of Chief, and whether or not it's distancing. Punchy responded that yes, they are suspicious, and that it's a mindmeld with Phil earlier, there was an adjustment a little later from Punchy that they don't think it's distancing. To which Rolf followed up:

Quote:
Fair enough. Was just concerned that there was thoughts about those two players that had their own interaction but I didn't see anything regarding that interaction that might've changed those original points.
Quote:
Shifty how so?
I put small pressure on Rolf for shifting conversation. Which in hindsight was pretty weak on my part.

Quote:
I'm not quite sure you understand the context of shifting if this is all you're referring to.
In regards to Maple, that was surrounding discussion about acquisitioner and gimmicks to avoid being the target so this doesn't shift away or towards anything.

In regards to Del, it's as simple as looking at somebody pointing out two inactives and voting for one of them. What reasoning is there to do one or the other or is it just flipping a coin there. And then, would a wolf come right out and ask why they aren't being voted for there? Wouldn't it'd be easier to sit back and let another person get potentially wagoned while they might continue to be inactive? I used that little bit there as basis for slight town read, or at least enough to not worry about this phase if voting for inactives. In the vein of thinking, would you call somebody townreading a player and not looking at them shifting attention away from them?

In regards to Apollo, I already explained my questioning to Punchy so just read that I guess.
Follow-up to my pushing.

Quote:
While the case here isn't strong enough personally for me to get antsy for a vote on them, I can at least see where they're coming from it's honest. I'm not sure I'd go ahead and say that all of answering for somebody would be wolfy, but it's something to keep a note of, especially when there's the potential for it to happen multiple times for the same player like what I thought was happening when it seemed Dora was doing the same thing.

Not shoehorning into acquisitioner acting a certain way and playing solely based on that, but keeping worlds open.
There's a very slight chance this could be a setup for backtracking if molly ends up getting lynched and ends up being town, but I think it's more likely here that they're just cautious about wagons forming too quickly which is a towny mindset.
Rolf minor townreading Julian for how d0 was playing out, but also assuming devil's advocate. Happened in the middle of my breakdown w/ Julian on d0, hence why I began scumreading Rolf alongside Julian.

Quote:
Not really a fan, more use would be gotten from having more information on thoughts on smaller group of players than just listing all the players with nothing else to go on. Though they have somewhat already been posting thoughts on a smaller group of players, doing this seems like it's just to appease Phil.

Doing a minimalist reads list like that is something that wolves have done often on this site, so that's not far off at all
No reasoning for this vote here, so it's not clear if the vote is solely based on voting chief or if there was previous issues as well, if it's for voting chief there then again my point regarding wolves making reads lists like that before and also the rest of these posts here which while there's a slight backtrack regarding something being directed towards different player, they still decided to stick with it:
Relatively unhappy with the way Phil was handling voting in d0.

Quote:
By certain people do you mean the people that I gave thoughts on that'd you see if you read my latest posts?

And regarding inactives part, I can go one way or the other to be completely honest. The one inactive I was wanting to not vote was Del which I already gave reason about but Punchy has a point about Del's zucker vote being hypocritical so my stance about leaving Del alone if voting for inactives this phase is gone now.
Responding to me regarding asking for his opinions about a few players, when he had by chance responded about them in his previous posts. Also at this point mentioned that he could lean one way or the other in inactive voting, but did point out Zucker. So, no bonus points for a proper vote of 'anyone inactive'.

Quote:
Then you should give us more serious stuff for us to go off of
Small pressure on Apollo to provide better, juicier content.

Quote:
Can't really defend against what's not argued well, sorry.
hitback from Tank saying that Rolf's leading questions are showy & wolfy. Rolf didn't argue it. Wonder what Tank's thoughts on Rolf's activity up until now.

Quote:
Would currently like to vote between Del, Tank, and Apollo.
Del has a bit more weight than the rest of the inactives due to him showing that he's been here but refusing to post to help us out
Apollo because the couple things that people could use to get a read on him are all apparently jokes now, and when asked to provide where he's at otherwise he brushed it off with another joke.
Tank because of his latest posts.
First lynch options from Rolf. Del for inactivity, Apollo for not providing content to work with, and Tank for weak pushes.

Quote:
Look at your argument, and look at my posts before and after. You said that aside from the last paragraph where you cherrypicked one little part of my thoughts on julian, and the thing about dora which does nothing for your case as it's a valid concern and not related to nai argument, the first part of your quote and the rest of my words have just been nai stuff.
Rolf cracking down on Tank for more weak pushing after throwing out their comfortable lynch targets. Staring to seem less and less likely that Tank/Rolf is a w/w thing.

Quote:
What exactly is good about tank's defenses? He has yet to provide a good argument for his vote and is quoting no other posts that relate to him saying i'm mainly just bringing up nai things.
Yep, Rolf/Tank is definitely not w/w.

Votes Del after not wanting to be misconstrued with what they're saying 6mins before eod. Votes Zucker after cop hardclaim.

Quote:
Who says that there's wolf daychat?
Didn't read OP correctly. Personally I mistook this as a possibility of wolf-read because I also wasn't exactly sure during the context of this post, but this is leaning more-so town if they truly weren't aware.

Quote:
Julian still looking good to me, the vote on Del at the time was valid considering Del's play before the claim. The vote was switched off after the claim which doesn't lend itself to the 'tunneling' some players are accusing Julian of. Using the point that Del claimed PR to say that Julian's vote is worse now is pretty outrageous considering wolves also wouldn't know who's a PR or not. People going onto Julian because of this are trending downward for me as it seems to be the most basic surface-level attempt at trying to look like they're scum hunting.
Rolf liked Julian's defenses during d0, and put down this monster of a defense in Julian's favor. I wasn't convinced, started reading Julian/Rolf along-side each other. Given Julian's role reveal now, this is looking pretty strong in favor of Rolf.

Rolf's confusion on whether or not there is day-chat for wolves is pretty big. Not saying that it can't come from a wolf mindset, just that it's pretty dirty from a wolf mindset especially when it's not mentioned in the OP of the thread, and more likely to come from a town mindset.

Quote:
Noted then, used to all information being available in the actual setup post so I missed that later one.

Often, at least when town has roles that could potentially block the wolf kill. That way even if the kill is blocked they can ensure town pr doesn't get more information
Eugene followed up with Rolf, pointing out that the wolf daychat was listed under clarifications in the OP.

Quote:
Derp alright then. Would still rather lynch Dory here than wait on it I think
Choosing to lynch Dora over following Maple's plan of letting them join town and have the P.I. constantly block them. + from me.

Quote:
That's cute.
Maybe if that information was included with the actual role listing in the op, and if info about wolfchat being able to be used at anytime was also directly in the op...
Multiple posts now about not knowing certain mechanics from the OP. Comes off as pure, when it's half-way through d1 by this point, and the Acqui has already been outed.

Quote:
Well yeah that's fine. That looked way better than Phil wanting to get our Blocker to claim
Conversation thread that seems to lean towards Rolf wanting P.I. to claim for a free town read, but not wanting Blocker to claim because we can still get use out of it. Take the first bit with a grain of salt though, because it's only suggesting.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Eugene View Post
Molly/Chief/Chrissy would be my top three targets for tonight to shoot.
Would follow this probably but replace Chief with Mathilda.
big oof.

Only leaves Cole's slot though.

Quote:
The intial reasoning for wanting to leave del alone there was solely for questioning why people were voting other inactives over him which seemed odd for a wolf to do. There wasn't a strong town lean there, just enough to where if lynching an inactive was the gameplan, I'd rather go someone else than him. Something straight up hypocritical in thought like he did with his comment about not going after inactives and worrying about the people playing but then putting a vote on zucker was odd enough to where that slight 'I think I want to leave you alone' doesn't really mean so much. There's not so much of a reversal there considering there wasn't really much headway in one direction in the first place.

Really don't like Agent S. I'm getting a strong feeling reading their posts that reminds me of how plop played in the last game. They have a lot of focus put onto Julian thus far but haven't gone anywhere with it, just seems like they're testing the waters to see if people are going to decide to follow with him or not. If not, they'll leave it alone and go elsewhere with a comment like this so the attention dropping to someone else and then coming back if it looks like julian lynch is possible doesn't look so bad.

Completely fair to be honest. If you end up going this route I'd understand it

Not sure I want to base anything off that chart as the numbers seem to come from nowhere just glancing at it.

I still stand with that town lean on you. You had a valid case against del there and that read solidified with me with how a couple other players latched onto you after del ended up claiming. That seemed way to opportune and easy to scumread you for that that it made you look even better.

Chief brings up a valid thought on Eugene actually. Generally when one publicly announces they did an iso of someone they'll back it up with posts from that iso to enforce whatever thought they bring up but that doesn't happen here on multiple occasions.
First big post from Rolf. A lot to parse here, so it will be in order.

Explaining his reasoning from his Del read in d0, and then swapping back onto Del prior to claim, followed by a meta read on myself.

Responding to Apollo 'going the route of lynching them' in order to resolve the other people Apollo specifically has issues with in reading.

Also super dismissive and thinking it doesn't amass to anything when told that rolf molly and chrissy all have one person reading them town in the big list of reads that everyone made d1.

Still town leaning Julian.

Takes note of Chief's big-posts that he's not utilizing quoted posts to enforce thoughts they have brought up on multiple occasions.

Quote:
You guys end up wanting to lynch me for activity or to help with other reads based on interactions as it comes to Apollo's thoughts, that's fine and it'd be on me for playing as I have been. If not then I'll be doing a bigger read through of the game on my day off tomorrow, as as of right now I don't really have the ability to do that before the end of this phase.
Pretty yowch response to the situation of the game up until this post. Given their inactivity in this phase, it's super conflicting to how their d0 & early d1 game has been.

Quote:
This is what I'm chalking this up to be to be honest. Aside from the vote switch from dora to zucker, the majority of attacks on him come simply from his antagonistic way of posting. Looking at it that way I'm reminded of how Red Blaster or Xelnya post which people don't like either and usually end up wrong. Paired with that post Flurry linked, he's making prods on someone people have generally been strongly town reading which seems pretty unnecessary considering couple other players in the game right now that'd be easier targets if he was a wolf.
Reminiscent to the point that I brought up early game that Chief felt like the 2nd half of a perspective on this game. This was the correct call, unfortunately the fallout of Chief not really co-operating led to a mislynch. Funny enough, they got lashback from Chief for comparing Red Blaster to Xelnya because of this post.

Quote:
Chief I guess, but I'd still rather vote Agent S.
If Chief ends up flipping wolf, Eugene would be good to look at for possible distancing when Chief brought up Eugene's iso'ing posts.
Votes Chief after the matter.

Quote:
Maybe not since PI at this point is just a confirm, but it's still up to them to do it and not for you to force them to do it because you're mad people don't seem to be listening to you. Fakeclaiming here is inherently scummy.
Right about where I'm at with Maple fakeclaim resolution. I'm sure a lot of people would like to think otherwise and that it's a bad town move, but until it gets resolved, it's going to be all question marks.

Quote:
what do you mean again? I have yet to make one word posts to hit requirement this game. Especially considering there's also tomorrow to post.

Regarding my vote, would've rather had it on Agent S but that would've been a waste due to it not being one of the wagons. Sorta related to Molly's posts regarding trying to catch up but having too much to read or having hard time bringing a case together based on interactions so reads aren't just based on gut feeling, and they did at least make a couple trying posts regarding julian/chief interaction. Compared that really quick to Chief who was posting extremely antagonistically early on which wasn't helpful and then them having more interactions with players and stated reads, ended up going with gut feeling that Chief lynch, even if I ended up being wrong, would probably lead to better information than Molly.
Small explanation to their viewpoint on the Chief lynch, as well as their vote on Maple for the fakeclaim.

Quote:
Agent S actually. I absolutely cannot shake off how similar your play this game is to plop's wolf game in the last one.
Last post that Rolf made in the thread, which was yesterday. They also mentioned shortly before this, that they aren't trying for the minimum 5 post cap, as they would have all day today to post, which they haven't.

Voting back to the meta read made some time ago. I haven't played for a long time though, so I don't really see much merit in the meta vote, but I can gather a few different unexplained angles as to why they might be voting the way they are, so it explains it from my point of view. Still think most of it is stemming from Julian being a PR, and me lopping him in with Julian.

Rolf was going to be making the postcount minimum even if they didn't post for the rest of the phase, so that argument from people is kind of moot.

Quote:
This has been the only post that has really been focused on trying to make a case on Julian:

Everything else has been 'I don't like you because you had a case on Del and voted them and they ended up being a PR', and then scattering around while constantly bringing up 'yeah I still don't like Julian they can still die'. There hasn't never been a strong push there, the basis for you tunneling them is still very weak, and you've been bringing this up a ton on the side like you're trying to see if they'd be a viable lynch you can go with without trying hard to make it happen yourself. I've brought this up with the thought that it's so similar to plop's wolf play last game and you just brushed it off only saying you haven't played in a bit. If it means you're plop or not, I don't really care, but that style of play was scummy in that game, and it's still scummy now.

Maple, my thought here wasn't that he's looking for town points but just showing again that 'yeah I can still go with Julian', when this is still a weak point. Yeah the lynch is locked in, but there's still no reason why other discussion can still happen and trying to have reads on others aside from Dora isn't looking for mislynch candidates.

Might've missed it, but I haven't seen this. I've just seen 'julian's still a wolf and rolf is also because he's defending them'. They've got in that reads list you quoted even that if Julian flips town I look better, but then is going right around and having me as scum anyway when there's been no other posts or interactions brought up to warrant the change.
There's been lots of small conversation here and there of me pointing out fault in Julian's gameplay, and it's sad to see that all of it was kind of dismissed. There was a pretty good ISO that someone did of me not too long ago that covers some of those, if you want to recap on them.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:58 PM   #3552
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

To make it clear for people who currently have votes on Rolf, I'm pretty against Rolf being in place of a top lynch tonight. Rather like the early d1 conversations. Bit of a gut read on my part which I don't usually like to do.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:59 PM   #3553
TWG Maple
FFR Player

Oh look, he finally did it.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:03 PM   #3554
TWG Maple
FFR Player

Ok, ya'll I g2g. IDK if I'll be in thread at eod.

vote Agent, I appreciate the read, but it didn't help reading him different.

If I get lynched. I'll tell ya what. I didn't SEE that coming
Old 03-17-2020, 10:03 PM   #3555
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

I liked Punchy's short iso'ing of Chief/Chrissy/Molly last phase as it looked like he was using those created reads to build possible links and interactions between those players and others, but really didn't like how they ended up not having a vote on anyone that phase. When going through Chief and Chrissy's posts it seemed like he didn't like Chief though it wasn't flat out said in that iso like it was in Chrissy's, but he didn't think Chief/Chrissy was w/w. A vote on either of them would've cleared a little bit of that up for me but, well yeah.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:05 PM   #3556
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
Do you think Cole is doing a good job taking over their role. I get the bar was set stupid low but do you think what they've done so far would be enough to sway you one way or the other? What if you don't take their previous player's posts into consideration?
Yes, I think Cole is doing a rather fair job taking over their role. It's a bit much to ask one person to go through the entire thread, so I somewhat understand their position on it.

Earlier they were clashing with Cherry, and I still think a lot of the back and forth they were having with each other was some t/t sparring. Helps reaffirm my thoughts on Cherry, and Cole is slightly pulling town for me, but it's a super light town lean. Didn't see much that truly resonated with me, or opened a third eye.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:07 PM   #3557
TWG Mathilda
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Isabelle View Post
Vote Count:
3/18 @ 00:00

00:59 = good
00:00 = bad

==============

Julian [1]
Mathilda

Agent S [1]
Tank

Phil [1]
Julian

Maple [4]
Rolf, Agent S, Cole, Flurry

Rolf [2]
Phil, Fauna

Flurry [2]
Cherry, Apollo

Cole [1]
Boomer

Agent S [1]
Maple
I'm on maple atm
Old 03-17-2020, 10:08 PM   #3558
TWG Fauna
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
To make it clear for people who currently have votes on Rolf, I'm pretty against Rolf being in place of a top lynch tonight. Rather like the early d1 conversations. Bit of a gut read on my part which I don't usually like to do.
I'd like to read you towny for this because based on the ISO it seems like Rolf flipping red would clear you, tank, maybe others. This entire post only happened because of pressure from Maple though, so I'm not convinced

Have you posted a lynch order?
Old 03-17-2020, 10:08 PM   #3559
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cole View Post
i also argue that a few more people then just me are reading maple as wolf

i will accept that i was one of the first and gladly accept responsibility if that is the lynch

i am certain it is a hit
and if it is not a hit this post is going to come back to haunt you.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:11 PM   #3560
TWG Julian
FFR Player

agent s's iso of rolf makes rolf look pretty good, but i side with phil about not giving any points for the wolf daychat subject
Closed Thread