Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2014, 01:52 AM   #1
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Charles Claythorne Send a message via Skype™ to Charles Claythorne
Default Culture Topic

I was discussing in the TWG chat and thought it would be cool if we posted about our cultures and cool things about them! You can even post pictures and videos and things!!!

Despite what I unintentionally led TWG Chat to believe, I am not actually Thai (because I am actually a Wolf). I'm a Pakistani American (so, predictably, I'm also Muslim).

Both my parents were born in Pakistan before moving to New York with most of my grandfather's (on my father's side) family. Pakistan is a very group-oriented country as far as families are concerned; it's not unusual for aunts, uncles, grandparents, parents, and children to all live under the same household. The extended family is very closely knit together (in fact, my mother was shocked when I told her that I intended to live by myself after a few years if I could afford it WHOOPS).

Naturally, an extended family living in one place is going to live in a big house.

With exception of the rich areas where modern houses are built, a majority of houses in Pakistan are made of dirt and mud.
Here's an example of a slightly smaller one in one of the rural areas (which is most of Pakistan, haha). Many usually have second and third stories. Some even have cattle somewhere! Most notably:

Yummm.

Speaking of food! Pakistan (as well as India and Bangladesh since they may as well still be together as one country) loves spices! My personal favourite foods being chicken tikka and kababs:

So delish.

Surprisingly to some though, South Asia is known for some of its sweets as well. In particular, my favourite is barfi:

They're sooo amazinggg. AND THEY CAN COME IN RAINBOW.

Of course, there are a bunch of unfortunate things about Pakistan too (secretly harboring Bin Laden, a 50% illiteracy rate, a corrupted government, the existence of ragging, etc.) and I can't frankly say that I'm exactly proud of my heritage, but not much I can do about it. So I may as well relish what good there is to it!

EDIT: i will hypothetically award one hundred wii points to whoever posts the best food

Last edited by Charles Claythorne; 06-12-2014 at 07:36 PM..
Charles Claythorne is offline   Reply With Quote