Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Art and Graphics

Old 12-4-2013, 06:11 AM   #41
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

Default Re: So I painted or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renevatia View Post
I vomited rainbows. So much colour. Nice job.
Pseudo Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-4-2013, 06:40 AM   #42
Tyson ultima
Autismspeaks.gov
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tyson ultima Send a message via Yahoo to Tyson ultima Send a message via Skype™ to Tyson ultima

And its not fraudshark =D
Old 12-4-2013, 10:06 AM   #43
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

The placement of details is well done (though very rough (as you always do. When are you going to use some soft blending brushes as well?!)) but the overall anatomy is off and the colors/values are way off in comparison to the photo. You used too much white which gives it a washed out look whereas in the original photo there's a lot of pinks and warm reds and greens. Construction wise it's an improvement to the superman study though.
Old 12-4-2013, 10:54 AM   #44
Renevatia
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ View Post
The placement of details is well done (though very rough (as you always do. When are you going to use some soft blending brushes as well?!)) but the overall anatomy is off and the colors/values are way off in comparison to the photo. You used too much white which gives it a washed out look whereas in the original photo there's a lot of pinks and warm reds and greens. Construction wise it's an improvement to the superman study though.
Soft blending brush for detail, could you elaborate or demonstrate?
I think I still get throw off a lot in localized color/contrast. Relative warm/cold colors vs absolute colors always throw me off.
Old 12-4-2013, 11:07 AM   #45
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renevatia View Post
Soft blending brush for detail, could you elaborate or demonstrate?
I think I still get throw off a lot in localized color/contrast. Relative warm/cold colors vs absolute colors always throw me off.
Not necessarily for detail, but I notice that you start out with a very rough brush for blocking in which is fine but don't be afraid to use a soft brush early on too. You can use a soft brush to establish some shapes and tones first, and then start detailing. That way you can have soft transitions of shadow and color while also adding sharp detail.
Take a look at this step by step of dave rapoza for example:

There's a lot of soft brushing going on early on to define mass (combined with some sharp rough brushing for detail establishment). Anything after that is further refinement.
Old 12-4-2013, 12:23 PM   #46
Renevatia
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ View Post
Not necessarily for detail, but I notice that you start out with a very rough brush for blocking in which is fine but don't be afraid to use a soft brush early on too. You can use a soft brush to establish some shapes and tones first, and then start detailing. That way you can have soft transitions of shadow and color while also adding sharp detail.
Take a look at this step by step of dave rapoza for example:

There's a lot of soft brushing going on early on to define mass (combined with some sharp rough brushing for detail establishment). Anything after that is further refinement.
testing

wow..it certainly is easier to control form with a soft brush..It is one of those things I felt like I was missing but couldn't pin point.
I had a fear of soft brushes for quite a while since I didn't want to go back to

edit again:

this is getting pretty fun

Last edited by Renevatia; 12-4-2013 at 09:25 PM..
Renevatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2013, 04:51 AM   #47
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

fuckin badass dude i love you ---- ARTIST 4 LyFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-8-2013, 01:05 PM   #48
Renevatia
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syhto View Post
fuckin badass dude i love you ---- ARTIST 4 LyFE

Old 12-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #49
Renevatia
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

//
After waking up in a lab after what seemed like a days hard work with a bunch of math and chemistry I looked around. Saw these scribbles on the wall left over the years of what seemed like my attempt to figure out a way to make a stable cold fusion engine. I walked outside the lab and looked outside these glass walls to watch the sunrise. Had plenty of sleep so I didn't really feel tired.

Next thing I know I was daydreaming, kind of like reminiscing the past.

I knew it to be when I was 24 when I was selected as a scientist for a group expedition to collect field samples. Group of 12, one other guy was my age, rest were seasoned scientists in their 40-60s, but we were all equally excited.

6month later we reach expedition grounds, previous group of 12 scientists handed us the place and ended their 6month term. We settled right in and got to work on sending samples back in small metal carriers.
Very excited to be there and have people I admire on the team.

6 month later we were getting ready to go back and, packing things up. Kind of sad we had to leave soon.

As we waited for our trip back NASA sends us a message saying WWIII started as a nuclear war, sending pickup.

/Fast forwarded flashback one year

No message, no pick up.
We suspect that at the time of war if a carrier was launched the likelihood of it being shot out of the sky for fear of it being tactical nuclear ICBM is high. It should have only taken 6 month to get here anyway.
We still keep sending packages of samples back and try to re-establish communication, but no luck.

Something within the next 6 month the other scientist in his 20s killed himself from anxiety. We sent his body inside one of the carriers out into space, but not directed to earth.
We started to attempt building some kind of spacecraft with the materials we had, we needed a fusion engine if we wanted any hope of getting back. We were mostly chemists and material physicists, not exactly constructional engineers or astrophysicists.

/Fast forwarded 20 years
Our leader died of old age at around 80. Our attempt to get back degraded into something of a time killer and we figured that there might not be a civilization to get back to anyway.

/Fast forwarded 10 more years
I remembered sending the last body out into space. Not a huge surprise, the years caught up, but we had a good time. Not particularly sad since it was bound to happen but it I can't help but wonder what I am going to do now.

The sun is above horizon now, slightly.
I walked back to the lab and continue to work on the problems on the wall. Then I paused and looked at the digital clock in the room. I realized that it has been 60 years. I am probably near my time limit. For 30 years I tried to build the fusion engine alone but I was unable to finish the calculation to check for method of stabilization. Regrettable.

I decided to take a short nap and maybe get back to working on it afterwards.

Now I am having this dream where I woke up in a bed in an apartment in United States.
//

Needless to say I was pretty confused for a few seconds after I woke up since I felt like I've experienced the 30 years in the lab + flash backs. For a second or two I couldn't tell which life I lived and the feeling of solitude stuck a little longer.

Not mentioned in the synopsis was that there was a side project to build a telescoping station there since there are less atmospheric and thermo interference for photon based telescopes there.

I started mapping out every detail of the dream I could remember. Like the lab being white when I turn on the light, size of the bed, equations on the wall, atmosphere density, temperature and faces. I wish I could have known what happened so I wouldn't be so frustrated with this galactic cliff hanger. Even if that was the end.

Sunrise on Pluto is pretty. Atmosphere is thin, you could see all the stars around you even with the sun up.

Old 01-9-2014, 10:20 PM   #50
Renevatia
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Old 01-30-2014, 03:12 PM   #51
Renevatia
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Thinking of doing a speed portrait spamming to test style/approaches.

steps

Last edited by Renevatia; 01-30-2014 at 03:14 PM..
Renevatia is offline   Reply With Quote