Old 04-9-2022, 05:05 PM   #241
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Song Corrections Thread

- 'Zephon' by DJ Sharpnel should be titled 'World Sound'.

- 'Legend of Zelda Remix' by The Rabbit Joint should be titled 'Rabbit Joint Cover' (https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00022)

- 'SuperMario 8bit Eighties Remix' by Injury and Koji Kondo should be titled '8-bit Eighties' (https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00428)

- 'Crystalis - House Leaves (Long)' by SNK remixed by Neostorm and 'Crystalis - House Leaves (Remix)' by SNK remixed by Neostorm should be renamed to 'House Leaves' and 'House Leaves [Cut]' respectively. As well, to maintain consistency with other songs of similar ilk, the artist should be Neostorm and Yoko Osaka, or just Neostorm. (https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00734)
If the latter change occurs, then 8-bit Eighties should just be credited to Injury.

- 'Bubble Bobble Hillbilly Rodeo' by djpretzel should be titled 'Hillbilly Rodeo'. As well, if you want to keep the trend of remixer followed by the composer, the artist should also read djpretzel and Tadashi Kimijima. (https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00015)

Last edited by T-Force; 04-9-2022 at 05:06 PM..
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2022, 06:48 PM   #242
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Just checked, The Frozen Bond requirement

Get at least 2 average-misses on "Improvisation et Chien" while keeping your averages, boos, and misses all the same number and pass it to unlock Frozen Bond.

Should be reworded to

Pass "Improvisation et Chien" with 0 Goods, 2 Averages, 2 Misses & 2 Boos, while keeping your Averages, Misses, and Boos all the same number to unlock Frozen Bond.

Is probably the only miss on the rework that I care about currently. I get the idea was to reference the old glitch due to it being particularly noted here, but a new player would just get confused here, especially even with the history, the boo count is also the same for some reason.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2022, 07:32 PM   #243
jh05013
g
Event Owl
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
- 'Legend of Zelda Remix' by The Rabbit Joint should be titled 'Rabbit Joint Cover' (https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00022)
The original title is 'Zelda'. It was first released in the author's own album, and posted to OCRemix 2 years later: https://summervillains.bandcamp.com/...e-rabbit-joint
FC: (100) A Dichroic Glass Snafu
Equiv: (95.46) toromi hearts 2 1-0-0-1
jh05013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 09:22 AM   #244
jacobvl39
Difficulty Consultant
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but I think Fill Me Up With Snacky Happiness should have an [explicit] tag
jacobvl39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 10:12 AM   #245
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvl39 View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but I think Fill Me Up With Snacky Happiness should have an [explicit] tag
This is the right thread for it.

[Explicit] tag is reserved for songs that contain swearing or lyrics that are 18+. Since this song contains no lyrics, it might be a little bit hard to push for an [Explicit] tag here unless people think it should extend to suggestive sounds. Slashmaid notably falls within this same group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh05013 View Post
The original title is 'Zelda'. It was first released in the author's own album, and posted to OCRemix 2 years later: https://summervillains.bandcamp.com/...e-rabbit-joint
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
- 'Zephon' by DJ Sharpnel should be titled 'World Sound'.

- 'SuperMario 8bit Eighties Remix' by Injury and Koji Kondo should be titled '8-bit Eighties' (https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00428)

- 'Crystalis - House Leaves (Long)' by SNK remixed by Neostorm and 'Crystalis - House Leaves (Remix)' by SNK remixed by Neostorm should be renamed to 'House Leaves' and 'House Leaves [Cut]' respectively. As well, to maintain consistency with other songs of similar ilk, the artist should be Neostorm and Yoko Osaka, or just Neostorm. (https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00734)
If the latter change occurs, then 8-bit Eighties should just be credited to Injury.

- 'Bubble Bobble Hillbilly Rodeo' by djpretzel should be titled 'Hillbilly Rodeo'. As well, if you want to keep the trend of remixer followed by the composer, the artist should also read djpretzel and Tadashi Kimijima. (https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00015)
I'm good with changing House Leaves after listening to both of them. Same with Hillbilly Rodeo. Zephon can be done as well, but needs re-naming for Token content.

I would want more community input on 'Legend of Zelda Remix' and 'SuperMario 8bit Eighties Remix' before seeing them changed.

Again, same reason as seeking change on Molto Vivace. These are already Legacy songs hidden from the public. Changing their names will drastically change how players will find said songs, and internet indexing of said songs (incl. google searching). For some Legacy songs, FFR is the only place to have said song. If most of you that care to give feedback on this agree with a change, I'm down for it, just things that should be cautiously thought about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Just checked, The Frozen Bond requirement

Get at least 2 average-misses on "Improvisation et Chien" while keeping your averages, boos, and misses all the same number and pass it to unlock Frozen Bond.

Should be reworded to

Pass "Improvisation et Chien" with 0 Goods, 2 Averages, 2 Misses & 2 Boos, while keeping your Averages, Misses, and Boos all the same number to unlock Frozen Bond.

Is probably the only miss on the rework that I care about currently. I get the idea was to reference the old glitch due to it being particularly noted here, but a new player would just get confused here, especially even with the history, the boo count is also the same for some reason.
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumaestro View Post
Should maybe distinguish BEER! and BEER. Would make BEER! [Psychostick] and BEER [Is-m]

Would also then need to update the token text for BEER [Is-m]

Also suggest listing out the songs required to unlock You Gotta B-E-E-R! in its token requirement
Sure. Will get this done today.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 03:24 PM   #246
trumaestro
I don't get no respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
This is the right thread for it.

[Explicit] tag is reserved for songs that contain swearing or lyrics that are 18+. Since this song contains no lyrics, it might be a little bit hard to push for an [Explicit] tag here unless people think it should extend to suggestive sounds. Slashmaid notably falls within this same group.
The explicit tag is woefully under-utilized and not an ideal solution. More ideal imo would be like the Legacy genre but that's a separate discussion.

It does make sense to expand its use to include suggestive audio like in Snacky Happiness or Slashmaid or Manhattan Lover etc. That'd be in line with the "PG-13" level the site has always maintained.

Labelling every necessary song with an explicit tag represents a pretty major project. It's been brought up a few times in the past (most recently was probably here). It'd be nice to see but not urgently needed.

Quote:
I would want more community input on 'Legend of Zelda Remix' and 'SuperMario 8bit Eighties Remix' before seeing them changed.

Again, same reason as seeking change on Molto Vivace. These are already Legacy songs hidden from the public. Changing their names will drastically change how players will find said songs, and internet indexing of said songs (incl. google searching). For some Legacy songs, FFR is the only place to have said song. If most of you that care to give feedback on this agree with a change, I'm down for it, just things that should be cautiously thought about.
FFR should still align its credit with whatever the artist has intended re:title. I don't really buy the fact that they're legacy files as a reason to keep them incorrectly attributed. Zelda and 8bit Eighties are good to change to, as T-Force brought up.

For Molto, you can maybe compromise by renaming it "Transcendental Etude No. 2 (Molto Vivace)" if others feel it's important to keep the "Molto Vivace." But to me that seems clunky. I think a rename to "Transcendental Etude No. 2" is fine. The fact that it's in the legacy genre is enough for folks to find it.
trumaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 08:19 PM   #247
Zlyice
Slightly unpronounceable
Lead Difficulty Consultant
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Veteran

Quote:
The explicit tag is woefully under-utilized and not an ideal solution. More ideal imo would be like the Legacy genre but that's a separate discussion.

It does make sense to expand its use to include suggestive audio like in Snacky Happiness or Slashmaid or Manhattan Lover etc. That'd be in line with the "PG-13" level the site has always maintained.
I agree that the explicit tag would be well used in these scenarios. I think Pervs and The Epidemic of Unexpected Relapses should also be on this list.

Quote:
FFR should still align its credit with whatever the artist has intended re:title. I don't really buy the fact that they're legacy files as a reason to keep them incorrectly attributed. Zelda and 8bit Eighties are good to change to, as T-Force brought up.
Agreed here too that titles of legacy files should be changed to make sure they are properly attributed. With all of the files that have had their titles fixed lately (some of which that are now under a correct title that is entirely distinct from what it was historically titled on FFR), I feel like legacy files should be receiving the same treatment.
Zlyice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 11:02 PM   #248
jh05013
g
Event Owl

Forgot to mention this earlier, but Zelda doesn't actually have the Yoshi bonus round. idk what to do with it lol

EDIT: S (without Venetian Snares) should be renamed to S [Y.W].

Last edited by jh05013; 04-11-2022 at 03:36 AM..
Old 04-11-2022, 04:07 AM   #249
Snupeh
D7 Elite Keymasher
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Note that if they are a token, or if they are mentioned in the token unlock requirements, these changes must also be made on the token pages as well.
Snupeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 11:27 AM   #250
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
To have a bit of this discussion, I've asked about the feasibility of adding another genre to filter Legacy like it currently is but runs into two (three) issues.

(1) Zero backwards compatibility to previous engines (if you're not WirryWoo skip this)

(2) Requires an engine update (currently going through repo hell atm if you are on-top of the MP re-write)

(3) Requires a database website-side update (I've been told it's impossible currently but it's more likely that there are multiple road blocks here where if done incorrectly, would cause another 2018 score purge so there's mostly fearmongering here).

Hence the workaround of just using an [Explicit] tag since that's a relatively simple text edit that doesn't require multiple devs and screaming ape noises.

Quote:
EDIT: S (without Venetian Snares) should be renamed to S [Y.W].
gotchu fam

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 04-13-2022 at 11:28 AM..
Old 04-13-2022, 01:14 PM   #251
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
To have a bit of this discussion, I've asked about the feasibility of adding another genre to filter Legacy like it currently is but runs into two (three) issues.

(1) Zero backwards compatibility to previous engines (if you're not WirryWoo skip this)

(2) Requires an engine update (currently going through repo hell atm if you are on-top of the MP re-write)

(3) Requires a database website-side update (I've been told it's impossible currently but it's more likely that there are multiple road blocks here where if done incorrectly, would cause another 2018 score purge so there's mostly fearmongering here).

Hence the workaround of just using an [Explicit] tag since that's a relatively simple text edit that doesn't require multiple devs and screaming ape noises.

gotchu fam
It would just be easier to add the "Explicit" tag to any song with one of the "gamer" words, and leave the rest alone. I'd further concede the idea that maybe removing them from public ranks is a path the site can take to make dodging those works avoidable for those who want to, but anything further would be heinous overkill.

Though, I'd probably add Slashmaid to the list just because of the type of song it is, and TBH that being played with no knowledge, I can see the issues that might come up given folks stream the game, or play without headphones on. (In case someone is reading this and are unaware - a girl is getting just fucked throughout the whole song with some rock / metal elements in the background. It's a weird piece. It might be bannable on a streaming site if it got brought up to them.)

tldr I just wanna say I think the guy suggesting the other changes rn is being silly. But maybe taking a site consensus to which songs deserve the tag might be more productive.

Last edited by XelNya; 04-13-2022 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: goldstinger continues to not miss btw
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 11:14 AM   #252
jh05013
g
Event Owl

The author Shiki should be capitalized as SHIKI. (this doesn't apply to Emotional Adventure since that's a different author)
Old 04-17-2022, 12:14 PM   #253
Ghost_Medley
D6.9 Prime Buttonhitter
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI
So it turns out the original title for Husigi Usagi Milk Tei is フシギ☆ウサギ☆ミルク☆テイ from 2007. It is Yuuyu's remix of his own 2006 work which was titled フシギモノガタリ, or Fushigi Monotagari/"Wonderful Things". Google Translate roughly translates Husigi Usagi Milk Tei to "The Mystifying Rabbit" in english.
I recalled this, and I wanted some clarification on why the title of the file in-game uses "Husigi" and not "Fushigi". "フシギ" is maintained between both song titles, so the romaji transliteration should be the latter, right?
Old 04-17-2022, 01:58 PM   #254
gold stinger

Quote:
The author Shiki should be capitalized as SHIKI. (this doesn't apply to Emotional Adventure since that's a different author)
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley View Post
I recalled this, and I wanted some clarification on why the title of the file in-game uses "Husigi" and not "Fushigi". "フシギ" is maintained between both song titles, so the romaji transliteration should be the latter, right?
Ehh, why not.

edit: actually did small researching, it's because the original mp3 references 'husigi'. https://web.archive.org/web/20071001...usigi_bb_2.mp3

I changed it anyways, but debate welcome.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 04-17-2022 at 02:07 PM..
Old 04-18-2022, 02:00 AM   #255
jh05013
g
Event Owl

R8U Another should be titled just R8U. "Another" is a BMS difficulty label.

EDIT: seems fixed now. Thanks!

Last edited by jh05013; 04-22-2022 at 05:13 AM..
Old 04-24-2022, 03:14 AM   #256
Laplace
FFR Player

Not quite a song correction, but trumaestro told me to bring it up here.

The tokens pertaining to average song rank seem to go off the average rank displayed at the bottom of levelranks rather than the average rank displayed on the profile, which I think should be made more clear in the token description if possible.
Laplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2022, 08:20 AM   #257
Skayles
🍓 おいしい女子。。。🍓
The Cheesiest Mommy
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Can we add the seasons to these Blitz alunar tracks so they're the same as their official titles (as shown literally anywhere you search for these tracks on the "Blips Lunar" album)

"Super Soaker [Summer]"
"Heavenly Spores [Autumn]"
"The Labyrinth Of Skadi [Winter]"

if and when Sapling is accepted, it should be "Sapling [Spring]"

Skayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-2-2022, 10:28 AM   #258
gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skayles View Post
Can we add the seasons to these Blitz alunar tracks so they're the same as their official titles (as shown literally anywhere you search for these tracks on the "Blips Lunar" album)

"Super Soaker [Summer]"
"Heavenly Spores [Autumn]"
"The Labyrinth Of Skadi [Winter]"

if and when Sapling is accepted, it should be "Sapling [Spring]"
Interesting debate to be had with these, because ONLY the "Blips Lunar" album does this.

All of the original albums that were responsible for each individual songs release does not do this:

Heavenly Spores - Autumntunes
Sapling - Equilibrium
Super Soaker - Summertunes
The Labyrinth of Skadi - Wintertunes

- Tosh 2014

Old 05-2-2022, 11:59 AM   #259
Skayles
🍓 おいしい女子。。。🍓
The Cheesiest Mommy
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Interesting debate to be had with these, because ONLY the "Blips Lunar" album does this.

All of the original albums that were responsible for each individual songs release does not do this:

Heavenly Spores - Autumntunes
Sapling - Equilibrium
Super Soaker - Summertunes
The Labyrinth of Skadi - Wintertunes
Ah, i didn't know (or atleast forgot) that they were from previous albums. They should stay as is without the season tags, then.
(also it's such a lmfao moment that "Springtunes" doesn't even feature BL...)

Last edited by Skayles; 05-2-2022 at 12:01 PM..
Skayles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-7-2022, 06:03 PM   #260
jacobvl39
Difficulty Consultant
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I recommend that Hungarian Dance No. 7 be moved to Legacy due to its severe sync issues.
jacobvl39 is offline   Reply With Quote