Old 07-23-2018, 08:31 PM   #1
Magiante
FFR Player

Default Does anyone here meal prep?

I might try this this week. I just cooked up about 5 lbs of ground beef (Added that ortega powder so it's basically taco bell meat, just more healthy.)
Anyone have any success stories? Anyone get bored with it fast? Thinking of stopping by GFS to get those sectioned take out containers so my hubby and I can keep everything portioned & stored (Beef, lettuce, cheese etc.)
Magiante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:52 PM   #2
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: Does anyone here meal prep?

I meal prep my lunches during the week and plan out dinners a day in advance. It makes it easier to not eat out during lunch at work while still affording me the freedom of making something for dinner that you can't really cook ahead of time. It also adds a lot of variety. I don't get bored with it because even though I have the same thing for breakfast and lunch all week being able to make something else for dinner keeps things from being dull.

I stick with mixed veggies, chicken and beef for lunches and add fish, salads, and (fancy) sandwiches to the mix for dinner. I'm not big on soups and stews but I'm sure you could add that to meal prep sundays.

Last edited by who_cares973; 07-23-2018 at 08:54 PM..
who_cares973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:56 PM   #3
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

used to but not so much anymore.

Everything pretty much is calories in vs calories out. If you want to lose weight, be in a caloric deficit of 300 to 500. If you want to gain weight, go in a surplus of 300 to 500. I’m no expert, but I pretty much can eye everything I put in my body and not fuck it up.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 07-23-2018 at 08:59 PM..
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 06:07 PM   #4
Magiante
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
I meal prep my lunches during the week and plan out dinners a day in advance. It makes it easier to not eat out during lunch at work while still affording me the freedom of making something for dinner that you can't really cook ahead of time. It also adds a lot of variety. I don't get bored with it because even though I have the same thing for breakfast and lunch all week being able to make something else for dinner keeps things from being dull.

I stick with mixed veggies, chicken and beef for lunches and add fish, salads, and (fancy) sandwiches to the mix for dinner. I'm not big on soups and stews but I'm sure you could add that to meal prep sundays.
I haven't made a stew yet, too lazy to buy beef and do slow cooker stuff lol. I do love my chicken soup when it comes fall/winter time though. I have to have a variety between my meals though - can't have the same thing twice in one day. I guess that's the only thing I'm picky on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
used to but not so much anymore.

Everything pretty much is calories in vs calories out. If you want to lose weight, be in a caloric deficit of 300 to 500. If you want to gain weight, go in a surplus of 300 to 500. I’m no expert, but I pretty much can eye everything I put in my body and not fuck it up.
Nice! Yeah I'm just trying to maintain right now and the path I'm going right now is bad. Too much snacking! I'm hoping the meal prep will keep me in check.
Magiante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:47 PM   #5
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

Meal prep can help a lot, for sure. I eat intuitively these days but I have done a lot of that. I have a journal I write everything I eat down in tho not counting cals just to get an idea and when I feel myself start gaining or feel bloated etc I can kinda narrow it down and cut something out. Or if I ate a lot one day I eat a little less the next.

Anyways stews and soups are a good option. I still like to bulk cook twice a week or so and portion out my lunches. Kinda like WC says I plan my dinners like the day before or just make sure I have some dinner stuff on hand. Fish and salad is quick and easy.

Hard boiled eggs and almonds and shit are good for healthy snack when you portion them off correctly

I eat a lot of fruits so I dont have to prep that. And low carb yogurt, cold cuts, cheese, etc. It helps me a lot to have stuff I dont have to cook to snack on. If you portion those out and be aware of how much you're eating theres rly no problem with it
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 11:44 PM   #6
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

anything that helps you get organized about your food intake is probably a good thing on principle
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote