Default Re: League of Legends [v2]

omg i cant rank up cuz im german pls help me lito
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2014, 09:40 AM   #1182
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

sorry baby u gotta speak english and have korean symbol in ur name to show that ur good

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2014, 10:15 AM   #1183
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litodude View Post
do you think koreans are good at video games because there is a genetic difference to their muscluar twitch reponses? because of heredity? you do realize that if you broke down the amount of hours playing and practicing LoL to those who are ranked higher there is nearly a 1.0 correlation mark? or to like...anything other video game, doing work, practicing a skill, practicing an instrument, working, training, fucking everything in existence? and DID YOU KNOW there's this thing in the world called the empirical rule that explains statistical distributions which you so incorrectly referenced?
might be a misconception on stargroup's part due to being used to the competitive rhythm game scene, where skill caps are 1) more based on physical limits, and 2) probably more solidly defined because you're playing against arrows or whatever instead of against a living, breathing opponent.

still skill ceilings tend to exist and do vary from person to person. two different players will remain different from each other after putting in 1000 hours, and you can probably figure out which player is "better" at that point.

I would imagine it's pretty fluid in LoL as the meta can change, you can do a lot of different things in order to outplay your opponents, etc. in that sense there might always be room for individual improvement relative to other players. I wanna say some people will have more of a natural aptitude for improvement than other people, though. it has to do with everything about the person. if I'm born blind then I probably can't get very good at LoL. if my upbringing led me to become impatient and easily frustrated then I probably can't get very good at LoL.

how much genetics matters I dunno, maybe not a lot, but I don't think you can say it's not a thing at all.

/hasneverplayedamoba
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2014, 10:47 AM   #1184
Litodude
FFR Player

i'm not saying that there isn't a ceiling at all, but to suggest that one cannot make it to diamond based on hours of practice is of little faith and determination

dude
out west?

Quote:
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

Old 04-9-2014, 11:17 AM   #1185
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

i'd much rather read one of your posts about telling someone how to play while being a dick than i would rather read one of stargroups mile long posts about something he could have said in 2 sentences without using 14 different math solutions to talk about it
Old 04-9-2014, 11:22 AM   #1186
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
i'm not saying that there isn't a ceiling at all, but to suggest that one cannot make it to diamond based on hours of practice is of little faith and determination
that could theoretically not hold true if enough of the game's player pool also puts in that much practice

but yeah effort goes a long way. oh hahahaha this reminds me of something I saw recently

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/95443...gends/68981016
chump posts several walls of text about how shitty and elitist the community is, only to later claim that the game might programmed to give him bad teams in promo matches. hahahahaha
Old 04-9-2014, 11:41 AM   #1187
Litodude
FFR Player

theoretically if everyone practiced the same, the differences in skill, even though more minute, will still have to follow the empirical rule. you can see it if you played FFR/SM over the years: the averages got higher (for those who still played rofl) and the scores were omg did insane, but the ones who could get past the scrubs were still idolized.

those individuals that were/are outstanding can account for the hours they've spent playing, practicing and getting better. yes, there are some who excel based on biology alone (e.g. dossar kid), but -most- of the time it was through hours and hours of practice (e.g. shash)

i won't say all of you can make it to challenger or D1, but good lord, everyone, and i mean EVERYONE that has put in hours in this game can make it to D5 at LEAST.

so quit being a pussy

dude
out west?

Quote:

Old 04-9-2014, 11:48 AM   #1188
clasko1000
Ima Twans
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to clasko1000

This guy made it to diamond with no hands, whats your excuse??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBKlzLMj7zY

Best AAA's | Slam the door(61) Scars Left By Time(62) What Lies Beyond The Mountains(62)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald000 View Post
I'll take some more free boosters please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
please do the community a favor
http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ
clasko1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2014, 11:56 AM   #1189
Litodude
FFR Player

[point] case [point]

dude
out west?

Quote:

Old 04-9-2014, 12:38 PM   #1190
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Quote:
the aforementioned statements ... and can audibly hear how everything is another person's fault: i'm not talking out of my ass.
thanks for dumbing down exactly what I said. gj retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litodude
i really can't believe you have the audacity to suggest that there is literally a biological difference in skill aptitude that among players; there is a cap a player can reach that no one else can achieve.

everyone, and i mean EVERYONE that has put in hours in this game can make it to D5 at LEAST.
that's exactly what I'm suggesting retard

extreme examples: blind people, most people who don't have limbs, most mentally challenged people, etc

and there is absolutely no question that there exist people across the entire spectrum between that and players with the potential to hit D5

I know a lot of people in my personal life who won't be able to hit D5 no matter how hard they try, for example one friend who can't even navigate in minecraft or beat the first world of super mario, and has a pretty damn slow reaction time

if you're talking about the difference between mental and physical limits, I'd like to challenge you to become a world-renowned quantum physicist, or memorize thousands of digits and recite them back, or be able to pick out all of the pitches in a dense block chord. I guarantee you won't be able to do these things no matter how hard you try. mental limits are just as real as physical limits

it's as if you don't think there exist people in the world who are just naturally bad at video games. and this isn't even counting the fact that most people who play this game are casuals that don't have the free time to spend grinding on a game. saying you want to be better at something that you can't, whether it's due to limits or constraints, is something that virtually all people experience. you think just because I want something I'm gonna work towards it? it's literally impossible for almost everyone to achieve everything they want, and to try to do everything is ridiculous nonsense

yeah, some people rage and blame others. read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect
it's not that they won't spend the time to get better, it's that they don't even know how. if you don't know how to improve or identify good play from bad play, then how is it possible to even improve? my dad used to be a university professor who eventually quit, part of the reason being that he struggled with poor graduate students, some whom he had struggled to teach how to add fractions. think about that: someone people can't even learn how to add fractions. try teaching them game strategy

and finally you totally skipped over the point where I said that not everyone can be diamond. if 100% of all players are diamond, what's even the point of having tiers? not to mention it's actually literally impossible because the league system is set up in such a way that when someone goes up someone else goes down, which overall keeps the distribution of players constant

Quote:
i don't know why this is such a great offense to you such that you have to throw fallacious blows left and right. maybe you're trash yourself? :shrug: not my problem
o when you say mean stuff it's ok but when I say mean stuff I'm butthurt
nice comeback im so offended

tough love dude. you use harsh language to attack lazy people. I use harsh language to attack douchebags, don't be a baby about it

Quote:
holy shit lmao you're the type of person with that defeatist attitude, aren't you? the ':shrug that person is just better than me because there is a biological difference in our skill' that i fucking hate being around.
anyone that's been around here long enough knows that's pretty much the opposite of me. the difference between you and me is that you need a reality check. you talk as if I'm actually upset in some way. you think I give a shit whether or not you're an arrogant cunt? you should be thankful I'm giving you criticism

"I hate being around people who want to get better at sports but are too lazy to do anything" <--- dick
"I hate being around people who want to get better at picking up girls but are too lazy to do anything" <--- dick
"I hate being around people who want to get better at math but are too lazy to do anything" <--- dick
"I hate being around people who want to get better at league but are too lazy to do anything" <--- not a dick? ok

helping people is good. telling them when they're being unreasonable is good. giving them useful advice is good. teaching them how to control their emotions is good. caring about whether or not people spend a buttload of time and effort to improve is stupid and ignorant. saying that absolutely everyone can be good at something is even more stupid.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

Last edited by stargroup100; 04-9-2014 at 01:23 PM..
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2014, 12:40 PM   #1191
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by clasko1000 View Post
This guy made it to diamond with no hands, whats your excuse??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBKlzLMj7zY
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Im_Dong-Hyun

legally blind man who was former world number one in ARCHERY

go tell every human being who has better eyesight that if they tried hard enough they can also be the world's best archer and you won't even be able to count the number of people who think you're full of shit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Ha
blind woman who won the third season of masterchef. go tell everyone with eyesight they can cook better than her, that's not ridiculous or offensive in the slightest, nope

how about comparing yourself to mentally handicapped autistic savants? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savant_syndrome
good luck

Last edited by stargroup100; 04-9-2014 at 12:59 PM..
Old 04-9-2014, 12:48 PM   #1192
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
and this isn't even counting the fact that most people who play this game are casuals that don't have the free time to spend grinding on a game.
if a lot of people who play ranked matches play the game casually then grinding and training your way past them should be possible for almost anyone who is inclined to play video games in the first place and has the time, though. like I think the point is if you want to reach whatever skill level then you have to work for it. a lot of people who say they don't have time could pull hours from other leisure stuff to put into practicing if they made a conscious decision to do so.

also I don't think lito was saying he wasn't being a dick, I don't think that requires a "reality check"
Old 04-9-2014, 01:03 PM   #1193
PriestREA
ddkdkd
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:

and finally you totally skipped over the point where I said that not everyone can be diamond. if 100% of all players are diamond, what's even the point of having tiers? not to mention it's actually literally impossible because the league system is set up in such a way that when someone goes up someone else goes down, which overall keeps the distribution of players constant.
The tier system will still work because of the inchworm concept; the idea that people have their A, B, and C games. In the situation that "everyone" would be diamond by today's standards, what is diamond now may not serve as a real expectation in the future. If everyone was diamond in this current system, it would be very easy to maintain a tier system, the difference is that people at the top consistently play their A game while people at the bottom are inconsistent. Both players are skilled, one is consistent and is constantly able to adapt to changing situations, thus improving their A game.

The new bronze would be old diamond players who cannot play their A game often, the majority would fall back into that position. As you move up, everyone becomes far more consistent. Eventually, the new diamond I would still contain diamond players according to old standards, but these players are very consistent and can perform well on a whim.

It's not that out of reach to practice and get better at a skill. I believe that some people will need more time; if two players both play 1000 games, the improvement that each will see is not the same. Each player still has the capability of making it to a new league. It depends on the quality of the practice you are putting in. What are you learning from each game? I am certainly not a high ranking league player, but from experience in FFR/SM and other ladders I can tell you that you can definitely go from bottom to the top of the ladder.

Last edited by PriestREA; 04-9-2014 at 01:07 PM..
PriestREA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-9-2014, 01:13 PM   #1194
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestREA View Post
In the situation that "everyone" would be diamond by today's standards, what is diamond now may not serve as a real expectation in the future.

As you move up, everyone becomes far more consistent. Eventually, the new diamond I would still contain diamond players according to old standards, but these players are very consistent and can perform well on a whim.

It's not that out of reach to practice and get better at a skill. I believe that some people will need more time; if two players both play 1000 games, the improvement that each will see is not the same.
In this case we're talking about the natural limits of people, hypothetical limits of their ability. You're talking about improvement rates. The point is that there will always be a large difference in skill. Comparing "diamond this year" to "diamond next year" means nothing and by the time next year rolls along people like lito will still be referring to the "current diamond" in the future.

Literally everyone on this planet has something they're good at and something they're bad at, and almost everyone can identify at least one thing they're bad at. Go ahead, right now, think of one thing you feel you're absolutely terrible at, regardless of how exotic or obscure it might be. Imagine dedicating yourself to that. You think you can reach the top 3% of the population that also dedicate themselves to that same thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
if a lot of people who play ranked matches play the game casually then grinding and training your way past them should be possible for almost anyone who is inclined to play video games in the first place and has the time, though. like I think the point is if you want to reach whatever skill level then you have to work for it. a lot of people who say they don't have time could pull hours from other leisure stuff to put into practicing if they made a conscious decision to do so.

also I don't think lito was saying he wasn't being a dick, I don't think that requires a "reality check"
I have plenty of friends whose goal was to hit Gold league. They did exactly that, and although they wished they were better still, they didn't choose to spend more time. It's not about the fundamental relationship between working and getting what you want, it's about to what extent and how far people are willing to go to reach their own specific set goals (and also the limits of how far they can actually go).

Last edited by stargroup100; 04-9-2014 at 01:17 PM..
Old 04-9-2014, 01:23 PM   #1195
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
I have plenty of friends whose goal was to hit Gold league. They did exactly that, and although they wished they were better still, they didn't choose to spend more time. It's not about the fundamental relationship between working and getting what you want, it's about to what extent and how far people are willing to go to reach their own specific set goals (and also the limits of how far they can actually go).
right that makes plenty of sense. I think that was the original point. if you want to achieve something then you must put in the necessary amount of work for you, otherwise no matter how much you talk about wanting it you won't get it. at that point your complaining about not getting it is just noise.
Old 04-9-2014, 01:28 PM   #1196
Litodude
FFR Player

i don't think you know what the dunning-kruger effect is...lol.

again you expect to argue that people get frustrated about not being able to become when my entire premise the entire time was to indicate (1) how to get better (2) stop raging at others because of your own shortcomings

jesus fucking christ you're a retarded cuntrag

dude
out west?

Quote:

Old 04-9-2014, 01:31 PM   #1197
Litodude
FFR Player

stargroup all of your posts are basic regurgitated information that lack any depth, do you assume you're talking to illiterates? you ask for statistical dat yet prove none of your own except for anecdotal data and case studies

seriously, archery? savant syndrome? lol

plz ***** u can stop anytime

dude
out west?

Quote:

Old 04-9-2014, 01:34 PM   #1198
Litodude
FFR Player

please condense what you're going to say to like 2 sentences because really your opinion doesn't matter to the point where i don't even want to read past line 3 of any of your post

dude
out west?

Quote:

Old 04-9-2014, 01:35 PM   #1199
Litodude
FFR Player

i'm glad to make you feel inferior tho, plz keep trying to explain your faulty reasoning to me

dude
out west?

Quote:

Old 04-9-2014, 01:36 PM   #1200
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

Quote:
seriously, archery? savant syndrome? lol

plz ***** u can stop anytime
yeah you got me that makes sense

apparently you're the illiterate one because you pretty much missed everything I said

w/e ****** your loss

Last edited by stargroup100; 04-9-2014 at 01:38 PM..