Old 01-27-2014, 05:35 PM   #721
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: League of Legends [v2]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumphoboextreme View Post
LOL so I decide to come back and play provisionals hoping to get my plat back since I decayed to gold. Go 8-2 in provisionals, remain gold???? I am assuming my record for the most part in provisionals didn't mean anything and they were going to place me in gold regardless. Oh well gg
You're lucky, better than the Plat MMR players who got put in Silver 5 despite playing plats/diamonds in all their games, or the Gold MMR players who were put into bronze.

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:05 PM   #722
ReikonKeiri
i wanna be ur pop star
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to ReikonKeiri

Getting placed how you were supposed to is not "lucky". The 1% that got fucked were just unlucky

FMO AAAs (3): Heavenly Spores (68), Fast Asleep (67)!, 0 (piano version) (66)! VC AAAs: 76
Best VCs: Finders Keepers (64), Purple (64), Travel Demon (63), Final Step (63), A World of Piano (63), Balloon Fever (63), The Fusion (63)

It's Only Natural BF
Southern Cross BF
Minute Waltz v2 BF
Novo Mundo BF
Stark Raving Mad BF
Midnight Dragon 1-0-0-1
Choprite 2 clean
Rottel 2 clean
J&C 2 clean
Chronograph 2-1-0-1
BB Evo 3 clean
Staring at my Spaceship 3 clean
Epilogue 3-0-0-1
Banned Forever 3-0-0-1
World Tour 2004 3-0-1-4
Demon Beast Appearance 4 clean
Gacha Gacha Figu Atto Radio 4 clean
Gravity Blast 4 clean
Just Why 4 clean
Eternal Drain [Heavy] 4 clean
300 4-0-0-1
Pure Ruby 5 clean
Destination of the Heart 5 clean
Plasmatextor 5-0-0-4
Oni 6 clean
Yorukumoryuu Yamikaze 6 clean
Ambient Angels 6 clean
Colorful Course 6 clean
Hajnal 6 clean
Arsonist 7-0-0-1
Setsujou! Hyakka Ryouran 7-1-0-1
Face in the Gutter 8 clean
Kanon Medley 8 clean
Colibri 8 clean
Summer Time Perfume 8 clean
Blindfolds Aside 8-0-0-1
Bubble Bath Aftermath 8-0-0-1
Bloody Tears 8-0-0-2
Ochitsukeruwakenaiwayo! [Heavy] 9 clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master View Post
To be fair, having all the BlazBlue's isn't good taste more then it is common sense.
ReikonKeiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:22 AM   #723
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Yahoo to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Skype™ to lumphoboextreme

Well my MMR is still mid plat I just decayed down to gold, I thought it went by MMR, but it clearly doesn't lol.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:45 AM   #724
albaneenesk8r
I Fap For Justice
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to albaneenesk8r Send a message via MSN to albaneenesk8r Send a message via Yahoo to albaneenesk8r Send a message via Skype™ to albaneenesk8r

Don't worry lumph after reaching gold 1 i decayed back into silver after not playing for a tad bit over a month. Just gonna try to get myself into bronze and have some fun with the game :l
My hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04im View Post
u so heavy even aphro cant carry ur ass
albaneenesk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:51 AM   #725
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Yahoo to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Skype™ to lumphoboextreme

See my plan was to either get Plat back in provisionals or quit but with being G1 I'm so close that I'm really tempted to grind out 1 division
Old 01-28-2014, 01:25 PM   #726
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9

༼ つ◕_◕༽つ bronzil ༼ つ◕_◕༽つ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetaka View Post
whats namine like in person
darklordsarumon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #727
DarkZtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Actually getting off my ass and doing placement games cause the fuccen ranked team is making me show up as silver II >.>
Old 01-28-2014, 01:47 PM   #728
ReikonKeiri
i wanna be ur pop star
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to ReikonKeiri

git rekt git rekt

(or you know you could just leave the team)

FMO AAAs (3): Heavenly Spores (68), Fast Asleep (67)!, 0 (piano version) (66)! VC AAAs: 76
Best VCs: Finders Keepers (64), Purple (64), Travel Demon (63), Final Step (63), A World of Piano (63), Balloon Fever (63), The Fusion (63)

It's Only Natural BF
Southern Cross BF
Minute Waltz v2 BF
Novo Mundo BF
Stark Raving Mad BF
Midnight Dragon 1-0-0-1
Choprite 2 clean
Rottel 2 clean
J&C 2 clean
Chronograph 2-1-0-1
BB Evo 3 clean
Staring at my Spaceship 3 clean
Epilogue 3-0-0-1
Banned Forever 3-0-0-1
World Tour 2004 3-0-1-4
Demon Beast Appearance 4 clean
Gacha Gacha Figu Atto Radio 4 clean
Gravity Blast 4 clean
Just Why 4 clean
Eternal Drain [Heavy] 4 clean
300 4-0-0-1
Pure Ruby 5 clean
Destination of the Heart 5 clean
Plasmatextor 5-0-0-4
Oni 6 clean
Yorukumoryuu Yamikaze 6 clean
Ambient Angels 6 clean
Colorful Course 6 clean
Hajnal 6 clean
Arsonist 7-0-0-1
Setsujou! Hyakka Ryouran 7-1-0-1
Face in the Gutter 8 clean
Kanon Medley 8 clean
Colibri 8 clean
Summer Time Perfume 8 clean
Blindfolds Aside 8-0-0-1
Bubble Bath Aftermath 8-0-0-1
Bloody Tears 8-0-0-2
Ochitsukeruwakenaiwayo! [Heavy] 9 clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master View Post
To be fair, having all the BlazBlue's isn't good taste more then it is common sense.
ReikonKeiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:39 PM   #729
DarkZtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nah I just needed motivation to do my placements. solo queue is terror
Old 01-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #730
PriestREA
ddkdkd
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkZtar View Post
Nah I just needed motivation to do my placements. solo queue is terror
This is how I feel every time I play Solo Queue. I want to get better, I want to play a lot and I want to improve, but I have a huge problem with being "that guy" who fed bot lane and lost us the game. I'm just really afraid of royally screwing up and then everyone just harping on you for the next 30 minutes. That fear often has me shiver or get really nervous when the game starts. Losing is going to happen but it's hard when your mistakes were a large part of the loss. Naturally, I'd just mute them but sometimes people are telling you something specific about what to do next teamfight and you completely miss it and screw up yet again. I know the idea of getting better is to keep practising. I practiced a lot in Starcraft II and got from Gold to Masters pretty quickly, but its a 1v1 game so nobody will comment on your mistakes and it's very easy to pinpoint your mistakes.

I want to hit Diamond this season, or even Platinum V - and I've been told by a few players that I have the potential to become a player at that level (in terms of being invested in the game, learning about champions and mechanical skills), but the hours I put into the game aren't sufficient. This is completely due to my fear of being that feeder in game.

Anybody have tips on how I can overcome this? I'm currently Silver III - if that helps at all.

I've played other team games a lot - Like Counter-Strike. When I first started playing I was utter trash and was afraid to queue up into any competitive game/lobby. I was just afraid people would hate me for being bad. As a result, I always grouped up with friends and played public servers (I also commonly queue with 5 when I play Normals), because we're all friends and the environment is far less hostile. Playing normals and public matches in League and CS respectively only brought about little to no improvement. Eventually, after countless years of playing public matches I started to get better at the game, and started to venture off into competitive matches where I saw a drastic improvement in skill. Obviously I'm no longer afraid of competition in CS because I'm fairly skilled at the game now and I know that. I just don't want to have to take the same path of playing so many normals to get decent and then finally going into ranked. I could've hit higher ranks in CS had I played competitive from the start. Now I have around four or five thousand competitive matches played on ESEA and I've gotten to the top leagues, but I played around five or six thousand normal games before I even started playing competitive.

I've been playing league for about 5-6 months now and even after 300 normal games (50% w/l) I've improved slightly. I'm talking about Silver V to Silver III. Seems like an extensive amount of games to play for a small improvement. I feel if I played 300 ranked games I could have a good chance of hitting Gold V.

I duo a lot with Jesse and most of my ranked games last season were me duoing with him. Jesse generally goes on a smurf and I end up getting first pick so I secure his ADC and he gets me support. Although I gain elo playing with him it's because he wins the lane and it's not really related to my contributions. Playing solo queue and winning makes me feel like I did well, but just like every one of us I've had games where I completely lost the game for my team (be it throwing, feeding, bad call) and with the anonymity of League people will definitely let you know about it. If I wasn't cut out for this game I would've quit but people have told me I can do well with practice.

TL;DR: Want to play ranked and get good but too afraid that'll I screw up and have other players angry at me. I want tips on how to get better and drop this fear.

Last edited by PriestREA; 01-28-2014 at 03:40 PM..
PriestREA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:17 PM   #731
DarkZtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestREA View Post
This is how I feel every time I play Solo Queue. I want to get better, I want to play a lot and I want to improve, but I have a huge problem with being "that guy" who fed bot lane and lost us the game. I'm just really afraid of royally screwing up and then everyone just harping on you for the next 30 minutes. That fear often has me shiver or get really nervous when the game starts. Losing is going to happen but it's hard when your mistakes were a large part of the loss.
First step is to just get over the fear of losing. Sounds easy, but a lot of ppl have the same fear. Just gotta go into every game with the mindset that you're gonna put forth your best effort. Theres a lot of unnecessary rage and frustration in ranked games, but thats just the nature of ranked. People are gonna get frustrated when shit doesnt work out, but you've gotta play your own game. Play calming music, turn off nameplates, blockout any distraction that makes you associate yourself with your name and other players with theirs. Everyone gets frustrated, that comes naturally with the desire to win. Knowing that, remember that every game is a new one, any shit that happened in the previous game means absolutely nothing (having this mindset prevents prolonged tilting/loss streaks). Yeah yeah you're gonna get ppl from your previous game from time to time, I recommend waiting like 5-10 mins in between every game after you finish. Watch some funny video or something, play FFR between games idk just avoid spam queuing.

2 most important tips for climbing ranked:

1. Play shit you're comfortable with. Doesn't matter if X Fotm champ is open, don't feel pressured to play it if you aren't comfortable.
2. Play to improve yourself as a player. Analyze what went wrong in games that you lose, figure out what you could have done better in games you win, etc. Perfect games are impossible for an individual. There is ALWAYS something you can be doing better.

Other random tips:
If you're tilting hard, just take a break, do something to calm yourself down. Frustration usually leads to more frustration: stop the rage train before you forget where the brakes are.

Everyone has bad games, yelling at them won't help any. If you've got feeders, just gotta suck it up, try to take leadership of the team and make the most out of bad situations. (ex having feeding ppl splitpush/distract while the ppl that matter take objectives)

Ranking is just some arbitrary title/rank given to ppl to give a rough idea of skill. Your goal shouldnt be Diamond/plat/whatever rank. It should be to keep improving.

Oh and buy wards.

Edit: this is all super-general stuff, knowing what to do in specific situations just takes experience which comes naturally as you play the game more and more.

Last edited by DarkZtar; 01-28-2014 at 04:20 PM..
DarkZtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:28 PM   #732
PriestREA
ddkdkd

Quote:
1. Play shit you're comfortable with. Doesn't matter if X Fotm champ is open, don't feel pressured to play it if you aren't comfortable.
2. Play to improve yourself as a player. Analyze what went wrong in games that you lose, figure out what you could have done better in games you win, etc. Perfect games are impossible for an individual. There is ALWAYS something you can be doing better.
These two were actually extremely relevant to me. I have had an issue with picking Kassadin whenever he's open. Am I good at Kassadin? No, definitely not. I do have comfort champs, but I think more of my problem can stem out from lack of experience. I can play three roles and have a list of champions I'm comfortable with but I can not play Jungle or Top lane. Usually when I get these lanes I get destroyed hard because I'm not at par with other Silver top/jungle players.

I have a problem of playing to improve ELO in every game. Starcraft was always about the promotion, CS was about the promotion and League is about getting promoted. I guess I really do lose track of the real reason behind ranked queue.

I feel like a problem I might also have is assuming I can get good quickly at league because it happened in one or two other games - I have to eliminate the superiority complex and start from the basics.

Some people have recommended playing roles you suck at in ranked because its likely your opponent is trying to the best of their ability. Do you recommend playing jungle/top lane in ranked or should I practice in normals?
Old 01-28-2014, 04:58 PM   #733
DarkZtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestREA View Post
These two were actually extremely relevant to me. I have had an issue with picking Kassadin whenever he's open. Am I good at Kassadin? No, definitely not. I do have comfort champs, but I think more of my problem can stem out from lack of experience. I can play three roles and have a list of champions I'm comfortable with but I can not play Jungle or Top lane. Usually when I get these lanes I get destroyed hard because I'm not at par with other Silver top/jungle players.

I have a problem of playing to improve ELO in every game. Starcraft was always about the promotion, CS was about the promotion and League is about getting promoted. I guess I really do lose track of the real reason behind ranked queue.

I feel like a problem I might also have is assuming I can get good quickly at league because it happened in one or two other games - I have to eliminate the superiority complex and start from the basics.

Some people have recommended playing roles you suck at in ranked because its likely your opponent is trying to the best of their ability. Do you recommend playing jungle/top lane in ranked or should I practice in normals?
If you can play 3 roles comfortably, then heck stick to those. No need to force yourself into uncomfortable territory in ranked. And yeah the superiority complex is a problem like prolly 95% of the league population faces. A bunch of people are unable to admit their own mistakes and are too proud to learn from others. Remember that there is always gonna be someone out there who is better than you. Treat losing as a learning experience, figure out why you lost vs certain people/teamcomp matchups. You don't learn anything from stomping people. Understanding matchups and team comps is critical once you climb the ladder to a certain point, and all of that knowledge comes from experience. I could tell you on a case by case basis what does well vs well, but that won't help you any. You've gotta see it with your own eyes and understand the reasoning on your own, and learn to cover team weakness, capitalize on team strengths etc.
At the end of the day if you really wanna get good at this game, and you put in the honest time and effort, you will.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:13 PM   #734
PriestREA
ddkdkd

Quote:
Treat losing as a learning experience, figure out why you lost vs certain people/teamcomp matchups. You don't learn anything from stomping people. Understanding matchups and team comps is critical once you climb the ladder to a certain point, and all of that knowledge comes from experience.
At the end of the day if you really wanna get good at this game, and you put in the honest time and effort, you will.
Your posts were really helpful. I really appreciate this, I'll keep this in mind whenever I go to play a few ranked games. Thanks for taking the time to give me a few pointers.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:15 PM   #735
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

u think ur good but you're not

ur trash kid

ur shit in sc as well i+others have watched you play

watch replays shitstain

quit being a bitch nd play more

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:16 PM   #736
WolfXhunter
Forum User

im a baddie ;c
WolfXhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:23 PM   #737
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

difference between u and priest is that u admit it therefore you're gonna get better

if ur scared to play cuz ur gonna lose then ur just too scared to admit da truth

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:46 PM   #738
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Yo what are you supposed to do against Swain mid as a low range caster if your jungle can't camp your lane (the standard response to Swain)

I assume you just farm it out under the tower? Because going anywhere close to him is clearly not an option...

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:46 PM   #739
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

whoops forgot to ss but I got back to plat.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:03 PM   #740
PriestREA
ddkdkd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litodude View Post
difference between u and priest is that u admit it therefore you're gonna get better

if ur scared to play cuz ur gonna lose then ur just too scared to admit da truth
Don't see how any part of my post even hinted at being better than where I am, there was a point made that I have the potential to get better if I put the time in. Asking for advice on how to overcome a fear in solo queue is my admission that there's a problem with how I play/don't play right now. Your attitude sucks.

Last edited by PriestREA; 01-28-2014 at 08:13 PM..
PriestREA is offline   Reply With Quote