Old 09-28-2016, 02:43 AM   #21
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Social Media Drama

watching social media drama is about as much of a spectator sport as watching my 90 year old great-grandmother play minigolf
Old 09-28-2016, 03:13 AM   #22
m0de
Marble Eater
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to m0de

I purposely keep a few people on facebook just to read how fucking dumb they are with what they post. Two of them are from FFR. One of them is hellbent on forcing everyone to follow her "life style". Everyone is wrong, and she is right. It's hilarious reading through both her posts, and the comments on them. I guess that is the extent of me and social media drama.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:10 AM   #23
RB_Spirit
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to RB_Spirit

#BLM
Definitely not a race baiting leftist hehexd

KappaPride
Blackflags are worse than whiteflags and AAA's are indicated as yellow in R^3, suggesting that a perfect score is Asian.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:33 PM   #24
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
watching social media drama is about as much of a spectator sport as watching my 90 year old great-grandmother play minigolf
Believe it or not, some people in the world would probably enjoy watching 90 year olds compete in a tournament of minigolf somewhere.

- Tosh 2014

Old 09-28-2016, 09:06 PM   #25
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Humans
Fuckin humans, man..
Old 08-5-2020, 04:44 PM   #26
choof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB_Spirit View Post
#BLM
Definitely not a race baiting leftist hehexd

KappaPride
Psst Your Gay
Old 08-6-2020, 10:47 AM   #27
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

man RB_Spirit's post did not age well
Old 08-6-2020, 11:13 AM   #28
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Politikz
Old 08-6-2020, 12:18 PM   #29
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTH View Post
Oh man, what a topic, it's been 4 years, is anyone still here willing to discuss the situation with the social networks now? ;D
Damn, a four year thread bump. Sure is nice.
Old 08-8-2020, 08:42 PM   #30
Andy_M
FFR Player

The internet in it's history has never been so interesting as it is now WOOOW.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:27 PM   #31
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Social media drama is stupid, but entertaining. Except when it's not drama.

Take idubbbztv making fun of leafy. It's not drama it's a comedy video parodying leafy. But yet it was called "exposing" by some. It's fuckin' dumb.
The only reason this stuff is called "drama" is so people like Keemstar can describe their ass content as a "job."

The taking-sides thing is stupid too. That iDubbbz video is a list of arguments as to why Leafy's content is shitty. Either you agree with what he says or you don't. You can agree with iDubbbz and still like Leafy's content. For some fucking reason there's this clout-chasing mentality where if somebody gets """exposed""" you have to make a video about it and position yourself either "for" or "against" that person. It's cancer.

I'm like 80% sure this social behavior is manufactured by Keemstar in some way because it directly affects his bottom line if YouTubers take sides--- it's more stupid bullshit he can talk about.

EDIT: Did I mention I fucking hate Keemstar? For a while his ineptitude, psychopathy, and inflated ego were AT LEAST entertaining... now that river is dried up and he's just totally worthless.

Worse than worthless, honestly: he's a scumsucking bottom-feeder with the intelligence of a snapped power line. Most "drama" channels are just as bad, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic

Last edited by DaBackpack; 08-10-2020 at 03:32 PM..
Old 08-10-2020, 04:05 PM   #32
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
The only reason this stuff is called "drama" is so people like Keemstar can describe their ass content as a "job."

The taking-sides thing is stupid too. That iDubbbz video is a list of arguments as to why Leafy's content is shitty. Either you agree with what he says or you don't. You can agree with iDubbbz and still like Leafy's content. For some fucking reason there's this clout-chasing mentality where if somebody gets """exposed""" you have to make a video about it and position yourself either "for" or "against" that person. It's cancer.

I'm like 80% sure this social behavior is manufactured by Keemstar in some way because it directly affects his bottom line if YouTubers take sides--- it's more stupid bullshit he can talk about.

EDIT: Did I mention I fucking hate Keemstar? For a while his ineptitude, psychopathy, and inflated ego were AT LEAST entertaining... now that river is dried up and he's just totally worthless.

Worse than worthless, honestly: he's a scumsucking bottom-feeder with the intelligence of a snapped power line. Most "drama" channels are just as bad, too.
It is drama, like it or not, this type of thing exists in any social circle, including your own. I think maybe the attachment to the term might be a bit gross.

I don't think modern commentary is that way, but it certainly was when I made that post. Modern YouTube commentary based on what I tend to watch isn't quite as bad like that. Say the retrospectives on say Zaptie getting (falsely) canceled ect. Most of the more modern stuff aims to be like a journalistic article without maybe the same level of standards.

As for the Keem thing... There's so much to delve into there that it'd take it's own thread.

But to cut it short - I don't think you could call the man an idiot, or even inept, he knows exactly what he's doing. I do also have to respect his business approach, because it obviously fucking works, like it or not.

He's a fucking scum-bag, and shit person though. I won't argue that at all.

My views on this thread originally have shifted a lot, considering I listen to a lot of the "drama / commentary" community a lot while I work. I don't agree with a lot of the politics of who I watch, and I think a few of them get a bit close to the sun too often.

But also to put job in air quotes is a bit ass. Content creation is a job and bad or good, it's paying them. It could be qualified as a job.

I dunno I have a lot of thoughts about it, but I don't wanna derail.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:36 PM   #33
I like it
Housekeeper

yall really just picked up and continued a 4 year old debate like it was nothin
Old 08-10-2020, 05:00 PM   #34
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by I like it View Post
wouldn't call it a debate tho
Old 08-10-2020, 06:47 PM   #35
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

Quote:
It is drama, like it or not, this type of thing exists in any social circle, including your own. I think maybe the attachment to the term might be a bit gross.

I don't think modern commentary is that way, but it certainly was when I made that post. Modern YouTube commentary based on what I tend to watch isn't quite as bad like that. Say the retrospectives on say Zaptie getting (falsely) canceled ect. Most of the more modern stuff aims to be like a journalistic article without maybe the same level of standards.

As for the Keem thing... There's so much to delve into there that it'd take it's own thread.

But to cut it short - I don't think you could call the man an idiot, or even inept, he knows exactly what he's doing. I do also have to respect his business approach, because it obviously fucking works, like it or not.

He's a fucking scum-bag, and shit person though. I won't argue that at all.

My views on this thread originally have shifted a lot, considering I listen to a lot of the "drama / commentary" community a lot while I work. I don't agree with a lot of the politics of who I watch, and I think a few of them get a bit close to the sun too often.

But also to put job in air quotes is a bit ass. Content creation is a job and bad or good, it's paying them. It could be qualified as a job.

I dunno I have a lot of thoughts about it, but I don't wanna derail.
It's not that content creation isn't a job that deserves to be paid for, it's that Keemstar specifically labels his channel as a "news source" but if you actually try to apply journalistic standards to his output he falls consistently short. It's like the Daily Wire: apparently you can write articles about whatever you feel like without having to worry about being held to any kind of standard of discipline or integrity. If he earnestly views his channel as "informational" (I would guess he actually doesn't) he deserves as much respect as the Daily Enquirer. A similar comparison arises if you evaluate based on entertainment value, which is the ONLY thing going for him.

Now that I think about it, DramaAlert is literally just a tabloid for YouTube. That probably sums up my distaste for it.

I don't hate the commentary community, I don't think I insinuated otherwise. Their production values and general content quality have increased since the (old) Leafy days. I follow a bunch of these guys-- Pyro, Big Joel, to name a few. My problem was SPECIFICALLY with this notion of "drama" which literally exists for its own sake.

When Leafy came back and started making videos I almost started to develop respect for him. I kinda liked the attitude where he just didn't give a fuck and did whatever he wanted. But with the Pokimane thing, Leafy's back in the trash. It was a good run (2 months)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 08-10-2020, 07:00 PM   #36
Walrusizer
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Walrusizer

i genuinely do not understand how anybody can watch a leafy video or read a keemstar tweet and think 'wow, this dude has more than 7 brain cells and is making a valid point'

these people are the true simps
Old 08-10-2020, 07:15 PM   #37
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrusizer View Post
i genuinely do not understand how anybody can watch a leafy video or read a keemstar tweet and think 'wow, this dude has more than 7 brain cells and is making a valid point'

these people are the true simps
Pop music is a thing.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:27 PM   #38
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
It's not that content creation isn't a job that deserves to be paid for, it's that Keemstar specifically labels his channel as a "news source" but if you actually try to apply journalistic standards to his output he falls consistently short. It's like the Daily Wire: apparently you can write articles about whatever you feel like without having to worry about being held to any kind of standard of discipline or integrity. If he earnestly views his channel as "informational" (I would guess he actually doesn't) he deserves as much respect as the Daily Enquirer. A similar comparison arises if you evaluate based on entertainment value, which is the ONLY thing going for him.

Now that I think about it, DramaAlert is literally just a tabloid for YouTube. That probably sums up my distaste for it.
That last sentence is why he can say he's a news source. Just not like, one for you know, anything that should actually matter.

It's a stretch of the term really. But he's not wrong.

Quote:
I don't hate the commentary community, I don't think I insinuated otherwise. Their production values and general content quality have increased since the (old) Leafy days. I follow a bunch of these guys-- Pyro, Big Joel, to name a few. My problem was SPECIFICALLY with this notion of "drama" which literally exists for its own sake.

When Leafy came back and started making videos I almost started to develop respect for him. I kinda liked the attitude where he just didn't give a fuck and did whatever he wanted. But with the Pokimane thing, Leafy's back in the trash. It was a good run (2 months)
Oh you didn't insinuate you hated commentary, I worded it that way for other people. Totally a mess up on my end if it comes off that way.

Though, Leafy's first Pokimane video is good, the other two are pretty shit. I don't agree with all of it, but I thought it was pretty good as far as he goes. (I'd have to go rewatch it to articulate it, but there's totally critique for it I'd have.)

Can we agree though that the worst channel in commentary though is imalexxx or however you spell it. Fuck that guy.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:44 PM   #39
choof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I like it View Post
rofl

Quote:
Pop music is a thing.