Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games

View Poll Results: would you like pictures to back up me beating a game?
yes! pics or it didnt happen 8 72.73%
no! we believe in the power of the llama 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2017, 09:32 PM   #21
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: Help me clear my gaming backlog

Holy Shit you own Crystalis.
Do eet

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 02:39 PM   #22
demonllama6124
im your grandpa!!!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to demonllama6124 Send a message via Yahoo to demonllama6124

Sorry for the hiatus. Between work, life, and then getting FF XV, just never really played anything else. But with this game mainly out of the way, I can continue on my quest.

Game #7 - Final Fantasy XV
System - PS4
Requested by: Me

Likes: As different as it was, I kinda liked the idea behind needing to rest in order actually level up. Plus, sleeping at a specific place would give a 1.2-3.0 exp boost which helped. Also when starting, if you stayed out too late, daemons would appear, which were too strong to take on, and slaughter everyone. Loved the open world and how between car and chocobo, could travel pretty much anywhere. The music was fantastic, and enjoyed being able to listen to so many classic FF songs on the mp3 player. Being able to change weapons at a moments notice was fun and made fighting enemies more entertaining. Switching from the quick and nimble daggers to the slow and damaging greatsword comes in handy. And by far, loved the visuals, especially some of the boss fights and then when you finally get to summon. Oh, the secret dungeon you can access after beating the game is so much fun. Be sure to turn your HUD off for the best experience.

Dislikes: For starters, story. Too many gaps in it if you just played the main game and did not watch the movie, anime, or play the demos. Hoping the DLC fixes that down the line. Being able to only accept 1 monster hunt at a time makes back tracking a hassle. Spreading the monsters out instead of using the same location for multiple hunts would have fixed all of that. Gaining AP takes way too long, getting 1 per level and 1-3 depending on doing other things, and about half of the decent stuff takes anything from 333-999, so if you want you cap your guys, be prepared to grind. Which brings me to stats. Even at level 99, your team really isnt all that strong. Even some of the weaker enemies take quite a few hits to kill, even when using their weakness.

Overall rating: 7/10
http://i.imgur.com/Ow0bTSm.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh_girl View Post
OP, WTFBrandon & demonllama6124

Only Men here with Manly Man hairy legs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
leonid, please shut the fuck up before I make you.
Help decide which game I should play next. Trying to beat all my games
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...47#post4489647

Last edited by demonllama6124; 02-20-2017 at 09:29 PM..
demonllama6124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:55 PM   #23
demonllama6124
im your grandpa!!!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to demonllama6124 Send a message via Yahoo to demonllama6124

Game #8 - Metroid Prime
Requested by:Flashpantss
System - Gamecube

Likes:The visuals by far. I remember the 1st time playing this and being blown away by the way everything was done. Beaming sun to limit vision at times, steam would cause a quick fog up, and you could see the raindrops hitting your visor. The soundtrack was decent and they kept Ridley's theme from Super Metroid in it. Large world for what it was allowed you to explore as you gained new items. The game got interesting towards the later parts with the introduction of new elements not seen in the prior game. Space pirates can be a pain, chozo ghosts can eat a bag of dicks, and liked the idea behind the artifacts and them being hidden throughout the world. Believe I only died 4 times: 1 from sheer stupidity and not hitting up the save points enough, 2 from forgetting how to beat a boss, and last was from the final boss itself and never actually getting that far when I 1st played.

Dislikes: Load times with the doors. I cannot tell you how many times Iv'e sat there and shot at a door and had to wait about 5-6 seconds for it to open. Having to use the thermal visor when needed to also sucked. Don't know if it was in part due to playing on a HDTV, but the screen wasn't really that bright and made parts of the game really hard to see, even with the brightness up. Took a bit to get used to strafing and not being able to move the camera around while walking. Waiting for the game to tell you where to go next also sucked as it would take its sweet time to letting you know. And then all the back tracking that comes with a Metroid game. Love and hate it, just wish they had more shortcuts.

Overall score: 7/10
http://i.imgur.com/YpQZ1N0.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh_girl View Post
OP, WTFBrandon & demonllama6124

Only Men here with Manly Man hairy legs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
leonid, please shut the fuck up before I make you.
Help decide which game I should play next. Trying to beat all my games
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...47#post4489647
demonllama6124 is offline   Reply With Quote