Old 10-23-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
fido123
FFR Player

Default Is it wrong to be gay?

I want to respond to this thread but I kinda figured it was defiantly not the place to do it.

The people who think being gay is wrong, why? It's understandable if it's a religious reason, and it's understandable if somebody is just simply uncomfortable about gays. I even think it's fine to make gay jokes as one would make racist or sexist jokes. However all too often I see people simply saying "Being gay is wrong" and they leave it at that. if you take religion aside, what negative consequences does being gay have on society? Obviously many don't want their son/daughter to be gay because it directly effects their lives (However from my experience you're yelling at your kid for something he has no control over) but how come many people will simply hate gay people who they hardly no and have no relation to?

I'm gay but I don't flaunt it in the least bit, in fact at my College everybody thinks I'm an amazing womenizer as I'm still in the closet. But it just kind of bugs me when I hear people say "It's ****ed up". This is more a question for people like GG_Guru who in the previous thread just denounced it as wrong. Also in no way am I making this thread because I got offended or anything over the last thread, it's just something I'm curious about. From my personal experience, it can not be helped. I don't want to sound like a gigantic college douchebag but I've been to parties and have made out with girls, once two at a time, had some "titty shots", and even some grinding and like, seriously I couldn't care less. More importantly there's the emotional aspect. I'm sure there's something about the opposite sex for strait people that they just find like they can find that romantic connection with. I happen to just have that with guys. So what is wrong with being gay?
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
Shadow The_Hedgehog
Banned

Default Re: Is it wrong to be gay?

Taking religion aside like you said, nothing is wrong with being gay. If being gay is being yourself, then just be yourself. There's nothing more to it, you shouldn't care what other people think. Wrong is just something defined by the human's mind when it comes to situations like this and it's just an opinion.
Shadow The_Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
MyRoseTearsBlood
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MyRoseTearsBlood Send a message via Yahoo to MyRoseTearsBlood

There is nothing wrong with being gay. People are just closed minded.
/Thread
Old 10-23-2009, 08:10 PM   #4
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999

being gay is not wrong in the slightest. It's a part of nature. It's just different from how most other people view the world. that's ok, people don't always respond well to difference. A typical human reaction.
awein999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #5
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Of course it's not wrong to be fu*king gay. Are men -supposed- to have sex with other men? Well, we sure won't procreate that way. But there are plenty of straight relationships that don't produce any of children either so if procreation is the means for justifying what is right or wrong within a relationship, procreation doesn't work. The bible says it's wrong. But this isn't about religion. If this argument is based off of whether homosexuality is wrong based off of the bible, then yes it's wrong only because the bible says so, and it's word is law to the christian world.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #6
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgZ View Post
The point I'm trying to make is that nobody here is going to flat out say "yes, its wrong to be gay." This debate isn't really going anywhere other than for people to say "This is why I hate people who are intolerant of homosexuality."
Well, given that no one has yet to create an insightful enough opinion opposing homosexuality, then the point will continue to stand that there is nothing wrong with it.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:34 PM   #7
Dr Tran
Banned

children are led by example. i do not want gays to be that example especially with how commercial the gay culture has gone. soon enough gay will be an option when filling out applications
Dr Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #8
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tran View Post
children are led by example. i do not want gays to be that example especially with how commercial the gay culture has gone. soon enough gay will be an option when filling out applications
Could it be said you only disagree with gays advertising their sexuality? I don't make a big deal out of my sexuality at all except for what my family and friends are going to think, along with many other gays. If a gay guy keep it to himself to a realistic degree, do you think that's all right?
Old 10-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #9
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Quote:
If this was a catholic FFR forum you might get some nice discussion.

But this is full of teenagers who know better.
Right. It can only be considered wrong on a religious basis was all I'm saying. I only meant to suggest that were someone else able to provide a reason other than a religious one, then no point yet exists to contradict.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:49 PM   #10
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Sorry to reply to this again, but if you don't like homosexuals because of this, what do you want them to do about? Also I don't think a kid is going to be gay by example. I think it's completely a physiological/biological condition.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:54 PM   #11
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Quote:
We can debate whether debating over this.
If the debate is going to be stemmed from your religious views, then I'd rather not. Homosexuality being wrong from a christian stand point is common knowledge. Debating over a religions views is rather pointless, as you'd be trying to impress upon your views based off of what a higher power that cannot be proven exists says is immoral.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:12 PM   #12
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow The_Hedgehog View Post
It can actually happen though
What do you want a homosexual to do about it though? Excluding the attention whore 14 year old gays, I'm pretty sure nobody decides to be one of the most severely discriminated minorities in the world, if not the most.

@Dr.Tran: If it was on a job application, that would be illegal as the employer is probably going to be screening gays, but this doesn't happen anymore at least, if it did really ever commonly. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say with this.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:23 PM   #13
dandandamdandan1111
the baker man
FFR Veteran

i really think anything that can contribute to being gay will. like either by way of example, experimentation(and liking it,) or biological/physical traits. a person doesn't really choose to be gay, but is more of an attraction. straight people are naturally attracted to the opposite sex, gay people are attracted to the same sex. so to answer the question, no. it isn't wrong to be gay as it isn't by choice, but more of a likeness/attraction.

Last edited by devonin; 10-23-2009 at 10:23 PM..
dandandamdandan1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #14
Dr Tran
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
@Dr.Tran: If it was on a job application, that would be illegal as the employer is probably going to be screening gays, but this doesn't happen anymore at least, if it did really ever commonly. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say with this.

although it would be illegal for an employer to screen applicants pure based on sex or sexual preference it happens. my mom has been denied jobs based on her sex and nothing more. although i personally dont have a problem with the gay culture and the gay lifestyle i just dont want the next generation to be known as generation gay
Old 10-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #15
Dr Tran
Banned

saying that it doesnt seem likely to happen just makes you come off as ignorant. there are plently of things in the past that "didnt seem likely" that are now part of every day lives. just look at technology and how far its come in the past 2 decades.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:38 PM   #16
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
saying that it doesnt seem likely to happen just makes you come off as ignorant. there are plently of things in the past that "didnt seem likely" that are now part of every day lives. just look at technology and how far its come in the past 2 decades.
You mean like how women and blacks are now equal members of society? What's wrong with that happening with gays? I'm not quite sure exactly what you don't want to happen.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:44 PM   #17
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

Too many gays, not enough people supporting the human population? That could be construed as either good or bad for many reasons.
MrGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:50 PM   #18
Dr Tran
Banned

im more or less thinking about the children. if children are taught that being gay is ok and that it can be a choice instead of something you're born with like a mental disorder then some years from now there will be fewer children going to school in the future because not as many couples would be having children do to some couples being the same sex. eventually teachers will be laid off due to lack of students and our workforce will slowly start to wither away.

i have gay friends so i am not homophobic by any means
Old 10-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #19
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

More freedom to live different lifestyles + slower population growth = win/win
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:00 PM   #20
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
im more or less thinking about the children. if children are taught that being gay is ok and that it can be a choice instead of something you're born with like a mental disorder then some years from now there will be fewer children going to school in the future because not as many couples would be having children do to some couples being the same sex. eventually teachers will be laid off due to lack of students and our workforce will slowly start to wither away.

i have gay friends so i am not homophobic by any means
Are they suppose to be taught it's wrong, and then the actually gay children who grow up and discover their sexuality are suppose to feel alienated and be hated by their peers? Also how would them thinking it's ok make them want to? It's like saying it's ok to **** dogs, therefore everybody would **** dogs. If they don't want to they're not going to do it. Also the world needs the birth rate to decline, or else we're going to run out of resources and all die. I think we can give up a few teaching jobs for that.

@Ph3eal: Why is it wrong to be gay? Saying it's simply wrong just makes you look ignorant.