Old 09-5-2018, 10:04 AM   #21
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL
Default Re: This site is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Well that’s cool and dandy but this is already completely false because top is permad but is still in the discord.
he is? i don't see him hin the member list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 09-5-2018, 10:04 AM   #22
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Well that’s cool and dandy but this is already completely false because top is permad but is still in the discord.
I personally banned top from discord two days ago, when I realized he was posting there under the username Venemous.
Old 09-5-2018, 10:06 AM   #23
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Remember when Mina “harassed” Raeko
AND watch anime.
Old 09-5-2018, 10:07 AM   #24
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Eh he’s in tgb discord
AND watch anime.
Old 09-5-2018, 10:16 AM   #25
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Eh he’s in tgb discord
tgb isn't an official discord so there's nothing mods can do
Old 09-5-2018, 10:31 AM   #26
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

okay

so if sitewide rules apply to the main FFR forums and discord, why are they being enforced over at the Tgb - which is known for shitposts.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 09-5-2018 at 10:34 AM..
Old 09-5-2018, 10:31 AM   #27
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk View Post
I feel like some people are purposefully excluding that Arch0wl himself posted the video to the official FFR Discord, where the site-wide rules apply. He was previously permabanned, came back unchanged, and was re-banned.
Was not aware of this, I assumed it was the unofficial discord only. Fair game then imo
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 09-5-2018, 10:34 AM   #28
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Yeah I thought it was posted in just that discord but apparently not.
AND watch anime.
Old 09-5-2018, 10:55 AM   #29
pokelda
⁽ ´ཀ`⁾
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to pokelda Send a message via MSN to pokelda Send a message via Yahoo to pokelda

in what world do you guys live in where harassment is ok if done outside ffr like it's some sort of legal jurisdiction loophole to get out from facing punishment
Old 09-5-2018, 11:17 AM   #30
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
okay

so if sitewide rules apply to the main FFR forums and discord, why are they being enforced over at the Tgb - which is known for shitposts.
nice take bub I'm gonna rejoin tgb discord and harass devonin and raeko as brutally as I can based on the sole premise that they are staff, then bitch out of my asshole when they talk to other staff about my harassment and they decide to nuke my account from high orbit
Old 09-5-2018, 11:32 AM   #31
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
nice take bub I'm gonna rejoin tgb discord and harass devonin and raeko as brutally as I can based on the sole premise that they are staff, then bitch out of my asshole when they talk to other staff about my harassment and they decide to nuke my account from high orbit
Okay , I get that harassment is not cool by any means and I’m definitely not a saint when it comes to this rule. I’ve said my fair share of things about other members in the past and have got myself involved with peoples personal lives when I had no idea what I was talking about (c6 days). But you grow and learn from mistakes.

I was really just referring to the general rules of FFR outside of harassment - like being more open. As far as I can remember, TGB has been known as that area that allows the members to do that. I’m not trying to point fingers and blame anyone but it has got its name from that.
AND watch anime.
Old 09-5-2018, 11:37 AM   #32
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

i mean if it's true that the video was xposted to the official FFR discord (i'm in neither now so w/e) then there's like, not much to contend

site standards apply in not-tgb

also don't really feel like touching whether something is or isn't harassment
Old 09-5-2018, 11:49 AM   #33
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

pussy ass bitches can't disprove shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
Old 09-5-2018, 02:08 PM   #34
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

"TGB Discord" is "Some guy's discord" that he's named "TGB Discord" and told people in TGB to join.

Yes Choof, you can go there and shit-talk me all you want, and nothing will happen to you on FFR because that's just some dude's discord that he named that. If you do it on the actual official FFR site discord, things will happen to you on FFR.

If you do it anywhere else, I still have all the legal recourse available to victims of harassment but no, going to a place that is not connected officially to FFR to do things won't result in you being punished on FFR. But he didn't put that video on some guy's discord, he put it on the official site discord so his claim just completely falls apart.

Last edited by devonin; 09-5-2018 at 02:08 PM..
Old 09-5-2018, 02:23 PM   #35
phe0nixblade
Praise the sun mofo
FFR Veteran

Lol this shit is still serious to people holy shit I just logged in for some nostalgia and i see everyone acting like this is a real deal anymore
Old 09-5-2018, 02:52 PM   #36
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
"TGB Discord" is "Some guy's discord" that he's named "TGB Discord" and told people in TGB to join.

Yes Choof, you can go there and shit-talk me all you want, and nothing will happen to you on FFR because that's just some dude's discord that he named that. If you do it on the actual official FFR site discord, things will happen to you on FFR.

If you do it anywhere else, I still have all the legal recourse available to victims of harassment but no, going to a place that is not connected officially to FFR to do things won't result in you being punished on FFR. But he didn't put that video on some guy's discord, he put it on the official site discord so his claim just completely falls apart.
What is Alfred being punshed for according to the official FFR rules?

Looks like Alfred should have been banned for a day. At worst, he should have been banned according to that "insulting staff" clause.

But is what he said a personal attack, an insult, or a true statement?

Raeko shouldn't be a mod, straight up. I don't know enough about how you are on the forums, but if this post is representative of your modship, then you're not a good moderator either.

Don't shit on people because you don't like them. Don't judge them for who they were; judge them for who they are.
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Last edited by Funnygurl555; 09-5-2018 at 02:58 PM..
Old 09-5-2018, 03:03 PM   #37
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Yikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
Old 09-5-2018, 03:17 PM   #38
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

In my personal opinion, I think reasoning for Alfred's ban was pretty summed up in the other thread that was made under A2P's account.

Not sure if I can contribute anything else on the subject matter other than

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
Don't judge them for who they were.
Essentially past offences, occurrences and history should not be taken into account, yeah?

Because if you judge someone for who they are, you will get opinion bias since everyone will see people as they are, from a different angle. But stuff that has happened in the past? That's factual.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 09-5-2018 at 03:20 PM..
Old 09-5-2018, 03:20 PM   #39
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

It should, but permabanning someone--essentially not gicing them a chance-- after they left the forums for while is not how you should go about it
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Old 09-5-2018, 03:24 PM   #40
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
What is Alfred being punshed for according to the official FFR rules?

Looks like Alfred should have been banned for a day. At worst, he should have been banned according to that "insulting staff" clause.
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...69&postcount=7

Quote:
But is what he said a personal attack, an insult, or a true statement?
Parroting one of the threads he made to try and "prove" that it was illogical to remove him from TGB doesn't go very far in reassuring us that you just happen to agree with him, and not 'are being convinced to basically post his thoughts verbatim using your non-banned account'.

As to the actual question, making what he -believes- to be true statements, or rather, making statements that accurately reflect his opinion is one thing. They were absolutely couched in language of personal attacks. And the point at which they crossed the line was when he went from "on youtube" to "posted into the official FFR discord" because then his personal opinions, couched in the language of personal attacks, become when combined with his other actions in the wake of being removed from TGB, continued harassment of staff on the site.

Quote:
Raeko shouldn't be a mod, straight up.
She's a sectional moderator, along with another, of one subsection of the forum. She's not a forum mod. She's a local moderator of The Garbage Bin, and I think she's doing a fine job, and so do other site mods and admins. Like I explained previously to Arch0wl: Communities change and evolve, and they can change and evolve in ways you don't like. You are absolutely allowed to agree that FFR has become the kind of community you don't want to be a part of. And yes, criticism of changes is a valid way to try and arrest changes you don't like. But there are ways to do it, and it seems like on a scale of 1 to 10, Arch0wl only knows and supports going to 11, and damn the consequences. Unfortunately for him, sometimes the consequences are also things you don't like.

Quote:
I don't know enough about how you are on the forums, but if this post is representative of your modship, then you're not a good moderator either.
Ask Arch0wl whether he thinks I'm a good moderator. I'm assuming at the moment, the best I can hope for is the same rhetorical bone he threw to PrawnSkunk that "I'm a good guy and he respects me, but this particular decision is a mistake that I will live to regret"

I've been a part of the community for a long time. I've been on staff for the majority of that time. I'm one of the most active forum users in the history of the site. If you have no idea how I am on the forums, that seems like a good indicator that you aren't really much on the forums. That's a shame, you should post more.

Quote:
Don't shit on people because you don't like them.
I don't! In fact, one of the most common interactions I have in my capacity as a moderator in this community is defending people I don't like because not liking them isn't justification to punish them, and if somebody is looking at a punishment, and I don't like them, but the punishment is unjust, I defend them.

Quote:
Don't judge them for who they were; judge them for who they are.
I think Arch0wl made a fatal flaw in applying to this kind of reasoning, especially since his position on mellonxcollie is "What does she even do, what has she EVER contributed to the community?" The obvious inference being that in his view, he has contributed many things to the community. Now...he undeniably has. Many aspects of this entire rhythm game community are owed to him and his work in the early 2000s.

But if he wants us to treat him, vis a vis punishments for rules-violating actions, as though he's only been on the site for a year or two the natural consequence of that is that we are also only going to weigh his contributions to the community from the last year or two.

And outside "Him making threads to draw attention to things he did in the early 2000s" which we're going to not count because we're not counting things he did in the early 2000s as exculpatory since we're forbidden to consider them condemnatory as well, his contributions to the community have been "The highest rate of reported posts of any non-spambot user" and "A high rate of user complaints about his actions, behavior, tone, and method of interacting with the community"

To sum up: The decision was made with the support of multiple site mods and admins. It is going to stick. Arch0wl already screenshoted and posted his appeal to PrawnSkunk who confirmed that the ban is going to stay enforced.

The situation, therefore, is closed. If that makes people so angry they want to quit the site, we're sorry to see you go. It is honestly genuinely believed that this was the right decision for the overall health of the community. And obviously the removed person disagrees. That basically goes without saying. So lets just go without saying it.
Closed Thread