Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2008, 12:16 AM   #1
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.
Send a message via AIM to Xx{Midday}xX Send a message via MSN to Xx{Midday}xX
Default Artist misconceptions.

Just to clear this up.

nekomimi mahoutsukai does not have multiple aliases.

She is not Fether.
-clearly states that she worked with Fether (and some others) to create the bms file for Sakuranamikinokaze.
-credits Fether for creating the original song for sty ri crlemmie -le wigd-. nekomimi remixed/bmsd it.
-no reason for her to credit herself under another alias on her own homepage
-no reason to address herself in third person.
-Fether has no reason to address nekomimi with honorifics on his hp.

She is not tomsfir.
-tomsfir is graphics artist who created the BGA for the bms file for going on -spring wind-.
-tomsfir seems to be a minor without his own hp.
-song itself=nekomimi's remix of a BGM from h-game, Atlach=Nacha, by Alice Soft.
-no reason nekomimi would credit herself under another alias on her own homepage
-As far as I can see, she never made her own BGA for any of her own bms files.

Anyone who knows enough Japanese, please verify this for those that don't believe me. jimerax verified.

http://nekomimi.name/ and click the link for 物置小屋 on the top left. Ctrl+F Fether and tomsfir.

Tass changed the artist name for going on -spring wind- from tomsfir to nekomimi mahoutsukai, with her link. =)

I suggest that all future file submissions with information from Japanese artists/sites should be confirmed by jimerax (or another staff member who knows Japanese) before being publicized. It would significantly reduce errors. I don't know how busy staff members are... but I'm sure something like this wouldn't take too much of their time.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)

Last edited by Xx{Midday}xX; 06-10-2008 at 01:39 AM..
Xx{Midday}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:19 AM   #2
x After Dawn x
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Artist misconceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midday}xX View Post
I suggest that all future file submissions with information from Japanese artists/sites should be confirmed by jimerax (or another staff member who knows Japanese) before being publicized.
You seem quite fit for the job.
Drink for forget you are retard and this bring you more retard.
Just take nicotine patch lol
x After Dawn x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:23 AM   #3
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.

I'm no staff member, and I don't have official Japanese education. I can't hold responsibility for screwing up on things like Garyoutensei.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Old 06-10-2008, 01:11 AM   #4
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Why did you not use your other thread for this?
Old 06-10-2008, 01:12 AM   #5
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I'm... not sure.

-_-;

I blame the heat.

There was this whole separate argument about nekomimi mahoutsukai a few months ago (b/t bmah and me, as well as some spectators)... but that's not really enough of a reason to start a new thread when there's already a pre-existing related one, I guess. Sorry.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)

Last edited by Xx{Midday}xX; 06-10-2008 at 01:21 AM..
Old 06-10-2008, 01:21 AM   #6
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

That happens, but if you have never had formal education in Japanese, how did you learn?
Old 06-10-2008, 01:28 AM   #7
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I fortunately learned hiragana/katakana (essential foundation for all higher-level/complex Japanese art forms) in preschool during my first 6 years of life, which I spent in Japan, if that counts as official education...

From there, my curiosity towards manga and anime brought me to start using the giant book of kanji known as the koujien (think of it as a Japanese letter identification dictionary over 3000 pages long). All kanji are basically made up of hiragana/katakana, in which the meaning is recognized by the pronounciation and the symbol. I learned all of my typing/reading skills from reading manga and watching anime. I later used Japanese videogames, internet, and lightnovels to enhance my vocabulary.

My main weak points of Japanese:
-My knowledge can't be defined by standard means. I know many college level kanji, but fail to recognize 3rd grader kanji at times.
-I can't write. I can write everything up to 3rd grade kanji only. Writing and typing are different, because typing is the same as reading. The computer writes, and all you have to do is verify the kanji through recognition, which is known as reading.
-My Japanese vocabulary is very lopsided. I know some crazy scifi words, some anomalous phrases (such as those found in Touhou and various RPG games), but I may not know terms concerning academic knowledge (especially science and history) as well as some common daily life terms (due to the variety of new words that are being formed by society today. high school anime helps me a lot on this matter, but it's not enough.).

My third weakness is the most detrimental. I can't take Japanese university exams for that reason. Which means, I have lots of studying to do over the summer.

Some good things about my Japanese:
+I don't have an American accent. (My English has no Japanese accent either, thanks to the perfect timing I got used to both languages.)
+I know enough to help FFR out.
+Now I know enough to enjoy most of Japanese society.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)

Last edited by Xx{Midday}xX; 06-10-2008 at 01:33 AM..
Old 06-10-2008, 01:32 AM   #8
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Wow, that is a lot of dedication. Do you ever want to take Japanese classes, or are you fine with the way you are learning?
Old 06-10-2008, 01:35 AM   #9
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I'm going to have to take Japanese classes sooner or later, if I am to fulfill my dreams of living a Japanese college life. Hence, I'm taking rigorous Japanese classes this summer. My parents expect me to fail it. lol. But, it'll be good experience.

As for the dedication... I don't know. Anime was the only thing I lived for before I started FFR. I'm pretty sure it would have been impossible without my preset knowledge.

Btw, my signature has some Japanese in it. All of those terms, I learned from Touhou games and an anime called Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)

Last edited by Xx{Midday}xX; 06-10-2008 at 01:37 AM..
Old 06-10-2008, 01:48 AM   #10
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midday}xX View Post
I'm going to have to take Japanese classes sooner or later, if I am to fulfill my dreams of living a Japanese college life. Hence, I'm taking rigorous Japanese classes this summer. My parents expect me to fail it. lol. But, it'll be good experience.

As for the dedication... I don't know. Anime was the only thing I lived for before I started FFR. I'm pretty sure it would have been impossible without my preset knowledge.

Btw, my signature has some Japanese in it. All of those terms, I learned from Touhou games and an anime called Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi.
That's cool. Right now I am teaching myself Korean, but it's not going so well. I know how to pronounce the characters, but it's hard to remember what they mean, but I guess that's the challenge when you are using a completely different alphabet. :P Good luck with your classes, hopefully you ace it.