Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2020, 07:03 PM   #1
marcsoad
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
marcsoad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Quebec
Age: 30
Posts: 26
Default How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

I just made a comeback after a 10 years break. My average, grandtotal and tier point ranking keep getting better. I have no clue how to get XP to have a better skill rating rank though.
marcsoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:10 PM   #2
SubaruPoptart
quack quack
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
SubaruPoptart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: quack quack
Posts: 600
Send a message via Skype™ to SubaruPoptart
Default Re: How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

I peeped your dashboard and you appear to be lvl 36, pretty much how XP works is that if you get a "AAA equivalency" of around or above your current level, you're gonna get XP.

Specifically, if you go to your profile and go to the dropdown of "marcsoad's profile", there's a tab called "Top 100 scores". The top 15 scores of that will give you XP to some degree; so pretty much strive to get scores that result in AAA equivalency of above those numbers.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamerai View Post
damnit subaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
if cocoa flips town, n2 vig should shoot zenith obv
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Okay, I'm 7 pages deep and this is a shitfest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
wolf gurls exist awooo owo ┐furries? owo awoo


Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
My beak is bigger than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Oh God it's Subaru





SubaruPoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:28 PM   #3
marcsoad
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
marcsoad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Quebec
Age: 30
Posts: 26
Default Re: How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart View Post
I peeped your dashboard and you appear to be lvl 36, pretty much how XP works is that if you get a "AAA equivalency" of around or above your current level, you're gonna get XP.

Specifically, if you go to your profile and go to the dropdown of "marcsoad's profile", there's a tab called "Top 100 scores". The top 15 scores of that will give you XP to some degree; so pretty much strive to get scores that result in AAA equivalency of above those numbers.
Thanks for the fast reply! I'm on the page and there is AAA equivalency and weight? I don't understand how that sum up to 14.56 % XP. Basically do I need to AAA difficult song to get XP? There is bunch of song that I have good score that doesn't seem to give XP.
marcsoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:33 PM   #4
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran
 
TheSaxRunner05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 32
Posts: 6,057
Default Re: How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcsoad View Post
Thanks for the fast reply! I'm on the page and there is AAA equivalency and weight? I don't understand how that sum up to 14.56 % XP. Basically do I need to AAA difficult song to get XP? There is bunch of song that I have good score that doesn't seem to give XP.
Currently if it's not in your top 15 scores as described above, it won't factor into your level.
__________________



Last edited by TheSaxRunner05; 08-24-2020 at 07:33 PM..
TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:41 PM   #5
SubaruPoptart
quack quack
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
SubaruPoptart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: quack quack
Posts: 600
Send a message via Skype™ to SubaruPoptart
Default Re: How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcsoad View Post
Thanks for the fast reply! I'm on the page and there is AAA equivalency and weight? I don't understand how that sum up to 14.56 % XP. Basically do I need to AAA difficult song to get XP? There is bunch of song that I have good score that doesn't seem to give XP.
So like- with the percentages in all honesty idek how that sums up to it; I'm guessing from the 15 scores that do have weight it all adds up to 100%, but don't quote me on that. :P

But to answer the question about having to AAA songs, it'd most certainly help if you got a AAA of a song at or above your level. You don't have to necessarily AAA songs to get XP, though. :P

For example, in the image here:


Your #15 score is 31.04 equiv, if you get any score that gives you higher than 31.04, it'll give you XP.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamerai View Post
damnit subaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
if cocoa flips town, n2 vig should shoot zenith obv
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Okay, I'm 7 pages deep and this is a shitfest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
wolf gurls exist awooo owo ┐furries? owo awoo


Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
My beak is bigger than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Oh God it's Subaru






Last edited by SubaruPoptart; 08-24-2020 at 07:42 PM..
SubaruPoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:49 PM   #6
mi40
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
mi40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,612
Default Re: How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

spicy meme sauce
__________________
mi40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:53 PM   #7
marcsoad
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
marcsoad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Quebec
Age: 30
Posts: 26
Default Re: How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart View Post
So like- with the percentages in all honesty idek how that sums up to it; I'm guessing from the 15 scores that do have weight it all adds up to 100%, but don't quote me on that. :P

But to answer the question about having to AAA songs, it'd most certainly help if you got a AAA of a song at or above your level. You don't have to necessarily AAA songs to get XP, though. :P

For example, in the image here:


Your #15 score is 31.04 equiv, if you get any score that gives you higher than 31.04, it'll give you XP.
How is the AAA equivalency calculated though? If I remember before this isn't the rank that was showing in the top right corner profile thumbnail or I had a huge drop because I was around the 3800 if I remember. Is it some kind of new ranking method?
marcsoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:15 PM   #8
Skullbac
Definitively Not Pro
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
Skullbac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Quebec city
Age: 19
Posts: 155
Default Re: How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcsoad View Post
How is the AAA equivalency calculated though? If I remember before this isn't the rank that was showing in the top right corner profile thumbnail or I had a huge drop because I was around the 3800 if I remember. Is it some kind of new ranking method?
It is calculated with some slightly complex math :
__________________
I hate everything in the universe, including myself
Skullbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:17 PM   #9
marcsoad
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
marcsoad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Quebec
Age: 30
Posts: 26
Default Re: How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullbac View Post
It is calculated with some slightly complex math :
Epic formula *drooling*. Is it new? Like I said I don't think this kind of ranking existed when I was active in the past...
marcsoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:20 PM   #10
Skullbac
Definitively Not Pro
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
Skullbac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Quebec city
Age: 19
Posts: 155
Default Re: How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

The last update on skill rating was done in mid october 2016 and to this day is thought to be the most accurate calculation of skill.
__________________
I hate everything in the universe, including myself
Skullbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:38 PM   #11
marcsoad
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
marcsoad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Quebec
Age: 30
Posts: 26
Default Re: How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullbac View Post
The last update on skill rating was done in mid october 2016 and to this day is thought to be the most accurate calculation of skill.
That is making sense. I believe they used the grand total before. Alright I need to step up my game. Unfortunately I learned with the keyboard arrow instead of the letter.
marcsoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 05:58 AM   #12
SK8R43
Banned
FFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In My Room, 10101
Age: 30
Posts: 4,583
Default Re: How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullbac View Post
The last update on skill rating was done in mid october 2016 and to this day is thought to be the most accurate calculation of skill.
Eh I disagree with this. Level has nothing to do with skill, same goes for rank. My rank is 269 yet I'm usually always within the top 20 scores when new songs come out. So am I really 269th in skill? Not really. Lol
SK8R43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 07:28 AM   #13
Seoulslayer
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
Seoulslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Iowa
Age: 19
Posts: 88
Default Re: How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
Eh I disagree with this. Level has nothing to do with skill, same goes for rank. My rank is 269 yet I'm usually always within the top 20 scores when new songs come out. So am I really 269th in skill? Not really. Lol
Why do you feel the need to decry skill rating every time it is ever brought up? Basically everyone else agrees that it is a fairly accurate calculation of skill. The simplest explanation to the situation you just described is that almost nobody plays the new songs, as the active player base is very small. A lot of new songs don't even have 269 players.
Seoulslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 07:52 AM   #14
SK8R43
Banned
FFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In My Room, 10101
Age: 30
Posts: 4,583
Default Re: How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoulslayer View Post
Why do you feel the need to decry skill rating every time it is ever brought up? Basically everyone else agrees that it is a fairly accurate calculation of skill. The simplest explanation to the situation you just described is that almost nobody plays the new songs, as the active player base is very small. A lot of new songs don't even have 269 players.
So if most people don't play the new songs, why should they be ranked higher than someone who does? I highly doubt there's even 100 active players above me. Plus, half of them could be alt accounts.
Skill should not be determined by 15 scores that you have gotten. Skill should be determined by active scores. Someone who gets 15 top scores like Myuka, then leaves the site forever shouldn't be ranked number 1 if others play consistently. It's basically like saying someone who was once good at something stays that way forever.

Last edited by SK8R43; 08-25-2020 at 07:54 AM..
SK8R43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 08:28 AM   #15
SputnikOwns
The Frog
FFR Veteran
 
SputnikOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 165
Default Re: How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
So if most people don't play the new songs, why should they be ranked higher than someone who does? I highly doubt there's even 100 active players above me. Plus, half of them could be alt accounts.
Skill should not be determined by 15 scores that you have gotten. Skill should be determined by active scores. Someone who gets 15 top scores like Myuka, then leaves the site forever shouldn't be ranked number 1 if others play consistently. It's basically like saying someone who was once good at something stays that way forever.
I totally disagree. There's no such thing as 'active scores'.
__________________
SputnikOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 08:45 AM   #16
SK8R43
Banned
FFR Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: In My Room, 10101
Age: 30
Posts: 4,583
Default Re: How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SputnikOwns View Post
I totally disagree. There's no such thing as 'active scores'.
There is though.

To add on to my point, someone could be extremely good at J's/hs and be total ass at every other pattern. Their top 15 scores could be all Js/hs file aaas and could put them at level 91. Why would they be ranked higher than, let's say a level 84 player who is all around good at every pattern? The system doesn't care about that, or active players.
SK8R43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 11:11 AM   #17
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Event StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
gold stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Posts: 5,698
Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
Eh I disagree with this. Level has nothing to do with skill, same goes for rank. My rank is 269 yet I'm usually always within the top 20 scores when new songs come out. So am I really 269th in skill? Not really. Lol
top 20 scores because no one has registered scores on it yet. Also, this is implying average rank, not skill rank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
So if most people don't play the new songs, why should they be ranked higher than someone who does? I highly doubt there's even 100 active players above me. Plus, half of them could be alt accounts.
Skill should not be determined by 15 scores that you have gotten. Skill should be determined by active scores. Someone who gets 15 top scores like Myuka, then leaves the site forever shouldn't be ranked number 1 if others play consistently. It's basically like saying someone who was once good at something stays that way forever.
Show me where in your 'top 30' scores that you score 'consistently'.



Based on my interpretation of your argument, you should actually lose skill rating and drop in rank because your 'active scores' are worse than your top 30 lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
There is though.

To add on to my point, someone could be extremely good at J's/hs and be total ass at every other pattern. Their top 15 scores could be all Js/hs file aaas and could put them at level 91. Why would they be ranked higher than, let's say a level 84 player who is all around good at every pattern? The system doesn't care about that, or active players.
Not really an argument here unless you make a case for Grandtotal ranking taking the place for 'active players'. Doubt there's going to be a situation where the game just actively purges leaderboards because people aren't active. That moots the point of acknowledging really good scores on high levels of play for EVERYONE, regardless of their skill.

How about just play the songs that you're good at instead of complaining about others being good at a particular skillset different from your own?


Your arguments on ranking is basically boiling down to 'I play more than anyone else, therefore I should be on top of the leaderboard'. You are rank 21 in Average rank, and rank 4 in Grandtotal rank. That's absolutely devastating in comparison to a lot of people on the website, and merits their own bragging rights. But, wanting skill rank to be levied based on these other rankings is just not going to happen.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
butts.



- Tosh 2014







Last edited by gold stinger; 08-25-2020 at 11:13 AM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 11:35 AM   #18
SoFast
Godly
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
SoFast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Age: 19
Posts: 287
Default Re: How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
It's basically like saying someone who was once good at something stays that way forever.
No.. its basically saying if you were at that level before, you can be at that level again if you were to come back
__________________

Last edited by SoFast; 08-25-2020 at 11:36 AM..
SoFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 11:43 AM   #19
Hakulyte
meanwhile in Hakuverse
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,203
Default Re: How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

Sharing cheat sheet of most overrated songs in the game for D6.


Last edited by Hakulyte; 08-25-2020 at 11:47 AM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 12:48 PM   #20
BigHayden1
local idiot
FFR Veteran
 
BigHayden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Age: 18
Posts: 74
Default Re: How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
So if most people don't play the new songs, why should they be ranked higher than someone who does? I highly doubt there's even 100 active players above me. Plus, half of them could be alt accounts.
Skill should not be determined by 15 scores that you have gotten. Skill should be determined by active scores. Someone who gets 15 top scores like Myuka, then leaves the site forever shouldn't be ranked number 1 if others play consistently. It's basically like saying someone who was once good at something stays that way forever.
i came from a roblox rhythm game and im one of the 100
BigHayden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution