Old 07-28-2015, 03:38 AM   #1
Ziemniax
FFR Player

Default Doping in Stepmania?

Hiho, recently I've heard about doping being used in competitive e-sports like CSGO or League of Legends, of course this isn't a new issue because things like that happened in 2013 and propably even earlier (my information isn't detailed lol xD). What I know is that in August in Cologne ESL is going to conduct random anti-doping control amongst players.

What do I have in mind? Doping of this kind is generally increasing a player's concentration and thinking capabilities, making a player more effective for a short time. It has similar effects as amphetamine or ADHD-curing drugs, but in small doses it helps to calm and focus. Of course it also has negative long-term effect on health, but that is not the matter of the post.

If it's used in e-sports, would it also have effect on rhythm games like Stepmania? I predict a player taking doping would have increased reading possibilities, better focus and consistency.
It could also be possible for much faster skillboosting, taking the drugs then playing a pattern you're not comfortable with, and use the increased concentration to make your progress stronger (you would propably remember some of the moves used as the doping wears off).

Of course I'm not telling you you should use that kind of boosts (I'm strongly against), I'm just curious if anyone had tried things like this and if it had any effect.

Sprindex style player from Poland.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChW...zwbcEXVdMocktg
https://www.mediafire.com/?whqcjgmx129tme0 SPREAD THE INDEX OUT NOW

I hate arguing about my playstyle.
Ziemniax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 03:53 AM   #2
-Tim-
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to -Tim-
Default Re: Doping in Stepmania?

GET SWOLE
-Tim- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:05 AM   #3
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

stimulants stimulate you

surprise

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 07-28-2015 at 04:05 AM..
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:06 AM   #4
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

hey man if you gotta take illegal drugs to improve your timing, then do what you gotta do
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:07 AM   #5
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

lol based on the fact that you said "taking doping," i can just guess that you have no idea what doping actually is
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:02 AM   #6
m0de
Marble Eater
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to m0de

Personally I've never tried playing on any kind of upper other than coffee, and basic caffeine. Although since you brought up the CS:GO, and LoL side of things in major tournaments for literally 100's of thousands of dollars I can kinda comment on that since I've been around it. This has been going on for a real, real long time. Back in 2002-2003 WAY before CS:GO was a thing, in Counter-Strike 1.3 - 1.6 tournaments had players abusing adderall, coke, and other uppers.

You would think that using something like adderall or the likes would help improve your game play in something like counterstrike, but lots of pro players (not all) said that it had a negative impact on their play. Over focusing on a certain situation while neglecting another being an example. (for those who understand somewhat competitive CS - being so focused on watching one spot, overthinking possible situations/counters/enemy positions could lead to not realizing/hearing a strategy call, not paying attention to other areas of the map exposed etc..)

Last edited by m0de; 07-28-2015 at 05:14 AM..
m0de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:16 AM   #7
Ziemniax
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
lol based on the fact that you said "taking doping," i can just guess that you have no idea what doping actually is
I translated it literally from my language where this word usage is natural, my bad :P

Sprindex style player from Poland.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChW...zwbcEXVdMocktg
https://www.mediafire.com/?whqcjgmx129tme0 SPREAD THE INDEX OUT NOW

I hate arguing about my playstyle.
Ziemniax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:24 AM   #8
ItsOnlyDanO
Stuck in the past
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

you know i'm on that addy

On a serious note, I don't really know what the effects would be, I don't even know if anyone has even used them before for stepmania/rhythm games in general. Plus it would be pretty difficult to prove if someone was using them anyway. I think the fact that there isn't a massive competitive scene for rhythm games (at least in terms of money) would limit the usage anyway

although who knows someone could start doing PED's during the 11th official and we'd be none the wiser