Old 11-17-2016, 07:10 PM   #1
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann
Default I wanna say something

As we approach the holiday season I feel like something needs to be said:

You are all wonderful people.

To kick things off, I want to apologize. Over the past 13 years, I've not had much interaction with a lot of (re: pretty much all) folks on here, and I feel kind of embarrassed about that. 13 years is a long time to be a part of something, and it seems kinda silly to think I only have a couple internet friends out of it. I've not had much of a chance to go out and say "Hi" or hang out with people, and when I did, I've never taken the time. And for that, I'm sorry.

As such, a lot of people probably don't really know me, or much about me, and that's fine. In fact if you think about it, there are probably many people around here who are in the same boat. They may not necessarily feel fine about it, like me. I'm sure there are some people who feel a little lonely and want someone to talk to. Others are perhaps angry or sad and need someone to reach out to them and give them an ear to rant into or a high-five or a cup of coffee. There are some people who need a little recognition for hard work. And some who are lost and might need advice or a friend to walk some paths or overcome some obstacles.

Whatever the case, all of those people (and in fact everyone on this site) should know: someone does care.

It might sound a bit cheesy to hear it, but I am being 100% earnest when I say that. You might not see them yet, or maybe you have overlooked the folks who do, it doesn't matter. What matters is that there will always be someone around to listen, high-five, guide, or chill with. There are hundreds of active users on this site. Many of them probably share the same interests and hobbies as you. Many of them could even have experienced some of the same problems or feelings you've got. And I'm positive that a very large portion of this user group would be happy to help out in whatever way they could.

I'll admit, it's a little scary seeing some of the posts or threads that pop up on here sometimes. It's disconcerting to see what some people think of themselves or what sorts of situations they are in. I have never known what a human goes through when it hurts that much. I often don't understand the reasoning behind some actions or words spoken. I know that seeing posts like those often raise more questions than they answer, and that some folks need some time to sort things out.

Most users, including me, probably don't understand what you are going through or how you feel. But what we DO understand is that you might need someone at your side. We DO understand that you need some help. We DO understand that you might be in a situation where you feel like you just can't take it any longer.

I want to reiterate - someone does care. Someone will listen. Again, we might not understand, but we will listen. We WANT to help.

Someone does care. WE care. I care.

I want everyone to know that if you need an ear, or advice or an opinion... anything; you can always talk to me. You can hit me up with a PM, over skype, over discord, whatever. Honestly, there are probably a lot of people who will do the same. Talk to us!

You are all wonderful people. Beautiful, nerdy, silly, crazy, sexy, wonderful people.

I sincerely hope that every single one of you finds something to smile about today, and every day.

Submit to this -
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:19 PM   #2
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny
Default Re: I wanna say something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraezymann View Post
There are hundreds of active users on this site.
False
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:31 PM   #3
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraezymann
To kick things off, I want to apologize. Over the past 13 years, I've not had much interaction with a lot of (re: pretty much all) folks on here, and I feel kind of embarrassed about that
It's really just a matter of wanting to invest time into doing it if that's something you want to care about. It took me years to move from playing all the time to caring about the rest of the community. I just came back from like my 5th roadtrip involving FFR Members which would have never happened if I didn't care about this place. It's still surprising me how nice people have been so far in person and how interesting the community is overall.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:43 PM   #4
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann

Nah I hear ya. That should change soon

Submit to this -
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:10 PM   #5
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

It's really remarkable seeing how many people on the site do care about each other's well-being, and it is really sweet to see. I really do applaud everyone here who's done so much for the community as a whole.

Seeing things like that make me wish I got involved sooner than I did about a year ago, so I can say I had long-lasting relationships from the people here, cause a very very large majority of the people here have made me happy, be it talking to them or just seeing what they do; I'd go as far as to say the people I've known here are nearly the only friends I've had.
I've long thought that if my life ever were ending, whether it be by choice or not, I'd come to this forum and spend my last moments with the people here based on how great everyone here is.

Keep doing what you're doing everyone; and if anyone ever needs an ear or a shoulder I (and I'm sure many others too) am here for you.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 10:27 PM   #6
lofty rhino
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
if anyone ever needs an ear or a shoulder I (and I'm sure many others too) am here for you.
I need a heart, you got one of those
I could eat?
lofty rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:38 AM   #7
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

no u <3