Old 11-9-2016, 07:04 PM   #81
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Default Re: The election

Build a Giant Wall, the Biggest Ever

Not like Mexican Druglords are great at building tunnels or anything ... Wait ...

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:36 AM   #82
DotKritic
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Even if Clinton had won, I'm glad I'm not in the military anymore.
1 year 11 months 12 days to go. Maybe sooner if I get an early discharge.

FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004

Last edited by DotKritic; 11-10-2016 at 07:36 AM..
DotKritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:49 AM   #83
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
That doesn't sound safe.
the fact that it's not safe is appalling even if i don't support trump
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:54 AM   #84
Deadlyx39
FFR Player

Can't stump the TRUMP

In other news, I'm loving all of the salt everyone on here and Twitter has. It's great keep it coming.

EDIT: btw, the Dow Jones Industrial Average is up over 310 points the past 2 days. So much for that stock free fall everyone was talking about.

This is probably what brits felt during Brexit you guys will be fine.

2nd EDIT: http://mobile.wnd.com/2016/11/celebs...-if-trump-won/ buh-bye!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
Why should I care about this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats in it for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz13114 View Post
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
do you realize how asinine all of your posts are
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i would also like to take this opportunity to shout out deadlyx39

on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more

Last edited by Deadlyx39; 11-10-2016 at 10:18 AM..
Deadlyx39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 12:34 PM   #85
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Thunderf00t sums up my concerns pretty well (and the pettiness of calling people salty over this)

Old 11-10-2016, 01:54 PM   #86
SC_coolguy44
Harmonoize
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to SC_coolguy44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsOnlyDanO View Post
Maybe it's just me but I really wasn't bothered either way, both candidates were bad for the system in different ways, but let's hope that America can find a way to come together (unlike the brexit vote here where there is still a bit of animosity between sides)

Seems to me with this and brexit, this might be an age of right-wing nationalism politics. I guess the french election next year will be another one to watch to see if the trend continues.
The state of the US made Brexit look like a smart idea. Honestly though, US is fucked and I'm glad to call myself a Canadian. Both candidates were horrible choices and shows that the American voters had little to no brain capacity. I bet you anything Donald Trump is going to still be bigoted and there could be a chance he will be a fascist dictator. In his campaign he was showing that, so that's already enough to show that it might happen. If I was American, I wouldn't give him a chance. If Hillary Clinton won I would probably be just as pissed too. The guy is a complete bigot, is an anti-vaxxer, thinks that global warming is a hoax created by the Chinese, is basically trying to be a terrorist, has no political experience, is misogynistic, has a bigoted VP (which is no surprise). Most of the people who voted for Trump have got to be bigoted rednecks.

Last edited by SC_coolguy44; 11-10-2016 at 02:20 PM..
SC_coolguy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:59 PM   #87
blanky!
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to blanky!

Our planet is fine. It didn't really matter that Obama supported climate change action, and it won't matter if Trump doesn't.
The economy moves waaaay faster than politics, and the country is seeming to move in a way so that renewable prices are gonna become cheaper than fossil fuels (even natural gas) real quick.
No other issues really matter in the context of global warming, so all the dumbasses on social media can screw off in their echo chambers. Trump is OK.
blanky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 02:35 PM   #88
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let's just hope you're right and all those scientists who devote their lives to studying climate change and its projected outcome are wrong (..). Other matters of science still concern me though. The fact that he's so anti-science, or at least willfully ignorant, doesn't sound some alarm bells?

Last edited by Nullifidian; 11-10-2016 at 02:35 PM..
Nullifidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:13 PM   #89
IwasAsquidOnce
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to IwasAsquidOnce

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_coolguy44 View Post
The state of the US made Brexit look like a smart idea. Honestly though, US is fucked and I'm glad to call myself a Canadian. Both candidates were horrible choices and shows that the American voters had little to no brain capacity. I bet you anything Donald Trump is going to still be bigoted and there could be a chance he will be a fascist dictator. In his campaign he was showing that, so that's already enough to show that it might happen. If I was American, I wouldn't give him a chance. If Hillary Clinton won I would probably be just as pissed too. The guy is a complete bigot, is an anti-vaxxer, thinks that global warming is a hoax created by the Chinese, is basically trying to be a terrorist, has no political experience, is misogynistic, has a bigoted VP (which is no surprise). Most of the people who voted for Trump have got to be bigoted rednecks.
50% of america voted for him so it is very ignorant and simply wrong to assume everyone who voted for him are uneducated rednecks. Also, "he will be a fascist dictator" is probably the stupidest thing i read about him. CHECKS AND BALANCES PEOPLE! GOVERNMENT 101 - ALL BRANCHES CAN CHECK THE OTHER BRANCHES, the EXEC. branch is HARDLY the most powerful branch anyways. If he acts a fool in office, congress will not support him. Simple as that. He will be able to do nothing. Besides, his platform is based on ECONOMIC REFORM and not much else. Calm down about vax and global warming and especially him becoming a dictator. It is pretty ridiculous if you have any idea how our government works. Look at Obama, he had LOTS of support at the beginning of his presidency and he STILL could hardly get the laws he wanted passed. ANY ridiculous legislation started at the executive level would be struck down probably before it even made it to the committee level of congress....

Also, a MAJOR reason trump won this election, can be shown here: http://www.mostdamagingwikileaks.com/
People dont like cTrump for personal reasons, people HATE clinton for REAL REASONS

Last edited by IwasAsquidOnce; 11-10-2016 at 04:14 PM..
IwasAsquidOnce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:18 PM   #90
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Excuse me for my ignorance, but how effective would the checks and balances be if the White House is filled with Trump's top personal picks? Aren't they the people who would tend to disagree with him the least? Still, I have faith that there will be people that will be smart enough to temper his wilder decisions, but I wonder about this.

And if it ends up being another case of many laws not getting passed, it also makes you wonder how much will actually be accomplished in the next 4 years...
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:21 PM   #91
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Seriously. I don't like Trump, but I would much rather have him in office than Clinton. I'm hoping our health care system will get fixed along with the military cuts.

I didn't know black people were rednecks either.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 11-10-2016 at 04:25 PM..
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:30 PM   #92
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Excuse me for my ignorance, but how effective would the checks and balances be if the White House is filled with Trump's top personal picks? Aren't they the people who would tend to disagree with him the least? Still, I have faith that there will be people that will be smart enough to temper his wilder decisions, but I wonder about this.

And if it ends up being another case of many laws not getting passed, it also makes you wonder how much will actually be accomplished in the next 4 years...
It's called the branches of government jabroni
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:42 PM   #93
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlyx39 View Post
Can't stump the TRUMP

In other news, I'm loving all of the salt everyone on here and Twitter has. It's great keep it coming.

EDIT: btw, the Dow Jones Industrial Average is up over 310 points the past 2 days. So much for that stock free fall everyone was talking about.

This is probably what brits felt during Brexit you guys will be fine.

2nd EDIT: http://mobile.wnd.com/2016/11/celebs...-if-trump-won/ buh-bye!
i suppose this makes you 0/976 on posts worth reading

i would avoid slamming your face into the keyboard for the next 24 as that might result in preventing your unbroken run to 1000

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 11-10-2016 at 04:45 PM..
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:46 PM   #94
bmah
shots FIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
It's called the branches of government jabroni
Would like some elaboration please.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:07 PM   #95
IwasAsquidOnce
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to IwasAsquidOnce

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Would like some elaboration please.
The executive branch includes all of trump's appointees and cabinet members. The legislative branch is congress, these people are NOT appointed by Trump. The judicial branch is all federal courts but more importantly the Supreme court . These justices are appointed for life so that they are not biased to electoral or party pressure. These 3 branches check eachother. Trumps appointees dont check eachother.
IwasAsquidOnce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:16 PM   #96
bmah
shots FIRED

Ah, thanks so much, that makes sense now.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:30 PM   #97
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwasAsquidOnce View Post
People dont like cTrump for personal reasons, people HATE clinton for REAL REASONS
Personal reasons meaning "I fear for my fucking safety in the streets more than ever before"?

Actually, that is a personal reason, but you implying it's not "real" is a load of white privilege (go ahead, call me a cuck like I fuckin care) bullshit.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

Last edited by rayword45; 11-10-2016 at 08:48 PM..
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:19 PM   #98
_DJ Vinyl_
SemiRetired Fast Scroller
FFR Veteran

My Reaction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTSJvkjJIjM
_DJ Vinyl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 01:06 AM   #99
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
Personal reasons meaning "I fear for my fucking safety in the streets more than ever before"?
Why would you be scared to go out into the streets? Trump isn't out in the streets terrorizing anyone. People who don't like Trump are the ones protesting and making the streets potentially unsafe. If the people would just deal with how the election turned out and go back to being civilized, it wouldn't be an issue.

And the checks and balances thing, aren't all branches Republican-dominated now? http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...108-story.html
That seems to suggest so. But even still, like someone else mentioned, just because Congress is majority aligned with Trump's party doesn't mean they will support/pass legislation he wants passed.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 03:02 AM   #100
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-o24 View Post
Why would you be scared to go out into the streets? Trump isn't out in the streets terrorizing anyone. People who don't like Trump are the ones protesting and making the streets potentially unsafe. If the people would just deal with how the election turned out and go back to being civilized, it wouldn't be an issue.
Plenty of people now feel emboldened in their racist or bigoted views. Saying the only threat is people who don't like Trump is grossly misrepresenting the situation. It's not all sunshine and rainbows for everyone.

I like how you're equating protesting Trump with not being civilized. I mean, yeah, just be civilized and accept a leader whose views could lead to severely limiting or even life-threatening situations for a variety of people. Be respectful of his views!

edit: I'm not saying I agree with the protests. He hasn't done anything worth protesting yet. But I understand where the anger comes from. Electing a leader who threatens to take away rights such as marriage equality or affordable healthcare is something I'd be scared of/pissed about as well if it happened in my country.

Last edited by Nullifidian; 11-11-2016 at 03:13 AM..
Nullifidian is offline   Reply With Quote