Old 04-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
fatpaints
JustGottaRememberTheBeat
FFR Veteran

Default Permission to use TenshiHanka's/my own music

I am hoping that I could get permission to add my own music into FFR, but if you don't like my music then I understand ;n;
This is a song that I plan to submit for the batch opening up on May 1st. (I promise you this isn't a rick roll)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh_Twjl-dLM
My youtube username is "TenshiHanka" because...well my IGN here isn't that great.
In the description I have verified that I am the one who uploaded it, and I even left a download for what I plan to submit as well.
If any of you have any suggestions as for changes or anything that needs to be improved then feel free to tell me. (This is my first time asking for permission/making a submission so I might have missed something).
(In the future I will also allow anybody else to make step charts for my music as well, as long as if I've made the song of course.)

Last edited by fatpaints; 04-26-2013 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: I forgot to add that I am okay with other people making step charts with my music
fatpaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
samurai7694
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Permission to use TenshiHanka's/my own music

good timing because submissions for charts to be sent to FFR are about to be open soon

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=116884

^ Go there for more info. You can send your song and chart to that email shown in the first post and then it will go through a judging process to see if it will be in game or not.

You can also PM some judges and stepfile artists for notes and advice.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #3
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Hey, I like the song! Sounds like something _.Spitfire._ would step himself! Good luck through the submission process! Although then some weird layering choices with the jumps and the fact the sync seems a tad off (maybe it's the video's fault), this seems like it will fit FFR like a glove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #4
fatpaints
JustGottaRememberTheBeat
FFR Veteran

Thanks for the quick responses guys! (unlike this response)
The video I sent seems to have a little bit of lag and I didn't think about the first beat being off timing either. After looking at some step charting guides I figured out about layering and realized that I didn't use a consistent method to layer my step chart. (Just putting whatever I felt like XD)
Old 04-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatpaints View Post
Thanks for the quick responses guys! (unlike this response)
The video I sent seems to have a little bit of lag and I didn't think about the first beat being off timing either. After looking at some step charting guides I figured out about layering and realized that I didn't use a consistent method to layer my step chart. (Just putting whatever I felt like XD)
This is both a good and bad thing. Good you're trying to do what you think is right, bad more so in it's actual execution.

I'm gonna be honest, your chart certainly needs work. But don't think that song won't be charted it sounds pretty good.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #6
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
Hey, I like the song! Sounds like something _.Spitfire._ would step himself! Good luck through the submission process! Although then some weird layering choices with the jumps and the fact the sync seems a tad off (maybe it's the video's fault), this seems like it will fit FFR like a glove.
Hahaha, I want to step it actually. Step it hard!! I'm really digging the song. Maybe my file could be a token that you can unlock fatpaints' file if he manages to get it in (it'll need some work though).
Got a download link for the song fatpaints? The url in your youtube vid doesn't seem to work.

Last edited by Nullifidian; 04-26-2013 at 07:40 PM..
Nullifidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #7
fatpaints
JustGottaRememberTheBeat
FFR Veteran

Hmm... I don't really know where to start for improving this step chart really (I'm guessing it's that the timing is probably little off and the layering preferences)
I was changing the url in the video a little because it wasn't the same as what was on the video for some reason so it's possible you were trying to download it while I was changing it.
Here is a link for the mp3 and the zip that should work:
https://skydrive.live.com/?lc=1033#c...BF92287D59!157
Old 04-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #8
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

There's a couple of inconsistencies (missed notes here and there like some 8ths at the slowed down part) and incorrectly stepped notes (such as the distorted vocals near the beginning where you stepped a 12th for example). I'd slow it down and check for missing sounds. You'll hear them more clearly on slower speeds.

Also, thanks for the link.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #9
fatpaints
JustGottaRememberTheBeat
FFR Veteran

Okay I can see what you're saying. My original intention was to make this song kind of easy, but with the chaos going on everywhere it seems like that doesn't entirely work. (I found a few kicks that didn't have notes for)
The 8th notes on the count down I made specifically for the loud kicks (but I guess it doesn't match considering there is also a voice counting down that should have 4th notes with it) and the 12th note seemed to match the reverse sound of distorted voice at the beginning, but I'll try to hear if a 16th note would work better.
and again thanks for the feedback! ^^

I went ahead and made corrections to the step chart at the best of my abilities. (The timing of the notes were, in fact, a tad bit off)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5xKxByLrtw
If you guys still have any further suggestions for changes then I'd actually be quite surprised, but I'll still take what you have to say into consideration.
I even went ahead associated some of the notes with the arrows that play during the "slow part." I'm thinking maybe the red "A"s would be better going down, and the gold "A" would be better being up, but I wouldn't think stuff like this even gets put into consideration when judging XD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ffr step charting.jpg (51.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by fatpaints; 04-27-2013 at 01:14 AM.. Reason: Tasselfoot doesn't want anybody double posting