Old 08-15-2014, 06:43 PM   #461
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: Hearthstone

I don't ever play Priest or Paladin. I haven't gotten around to crafting any of their class cards.

Thanks for the insight on Deathlord, I do like Kolento's stream, he's very good.

I don't think it's a good card in any other deck though but I can see how priest can abuse it.

Last edited by Reach; 08-15-2014 at 06:47 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:45 PM   #462
Fission
no
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

yeah it's definitely not great in other decks, certainly not useless though. if people start to play wailing soul more there might be combo potential with it. with the current card pool there isn't much to do with deathlord other than in priest.

Last edited by Fission; 08-15-2014 at 06:47 PM..
Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:37 AM   #463
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

im getting really pissed off

im grinding arena and i never get any good cards. once i got mage and the entire draw phase i only got 2 minions of mana cost greater than 4. another time I got like maybe 2 top tier cards and only 1 epic. never once have I ever gotten a legendary, let alone a good one

my drawing blows too. one deck i got, i put 22 cards below 4 mana, and I lost a match because i only ever draw 2 cards under 4 mana, and couldn't touch the board until turn 5

got 1 win, 1 win, 2 wins

fuck this game

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:03 PM   #464
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

LOL that's why I stopped playing Arena.

I actually average 6 wins in Arena but I fucking hate not being able to pick my own damn cards. It's bad enough dealing with draw RNG and getting the shaft from a mulligan (I went 0-3 once with mage because I mulliganed the top of my deck every game). I don't want to have to add card RNG to it too.

Mind you I understand that if you play arena often enough, mathematically things average out and skill comes out on top.

But I like constructed way more. At least if I get the shaft in constructed, I can quickly make changes to my deck and don't have to get dragged through the dirt for a few games XD
Old 08-18-2014, 02:08 PM   #465
clasko1000
Ima Twans
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to clasko1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
But I like constructed way more.

Last edited by clasko1000; 08-18-2014 at 02:08 PM..
clasko1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:43 AM   #466
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

HOOOOOOLY CRAP im so done with this game's shitty rng

just played a game as druid where I easily ramped up mana crystals early but I couldn't spend any of it because I didn't draw any of my big cards. I have 7 cards that are 6 cost and above, heavy hitting minions. if I had just drawn ONE of them I would've controlled the board and won

when I ended the game I had 12 cards in my deck

(24 choose 18) / (30 choose 18) = 0.0004

the chances of me not drawing one of the 6 cards I needed to win was 0.04% percent

then I played 2 more games of basically the same thing and raged so hard I didn't even check the probability but it's pretty much the same shit. someone please confirm this is astronomically unlikely and will never happen to me again

Last edited by stargroup100; 08-19-2014 at 12:44 AM..
Old 08-19-2014, 12:49 AM   #467
Deidara837
For a New Beginning
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post

just played a game as druid where I easily ramped up mana crystals early but I couldn't spend any of it because I didn't draw any of my big cards. I have 7 cards that are 6 cost and above, heavy hitting minions. if I had just drawn ONE of them I would've controlled the board and won

the chances of me not drawing one of the 6 cards I needed to win was 0.04% percent

then I played 2 more games of basically the same thing and raged so hard I didn't even check the probability but it's pretty much the same shit. someone please confirm this is astronomically unlikely and will never happen to me again
Put moar big dudes in your deck
Cairne, TBK, Sylv, 2x Lore, 2x War, Rag, Cenarius, idk
That really sucks tho

In arena I get 5-10 wins pretty regularly, it's a good source of my gold income unless they decide to give me shitty gold cards or something. It's a bit dependent on the cards you get, some classes are much better than others (Rogue, Mage, Druid), but in the end playing the value game can get you decently far even with a pretty crap deck, usually like 3 wins. All game modes highly depend on doing well with draws/mulligans, it's just a part of card games in general.

_9th OT: D2 - 13th Place
10th OT: D5 - 45th Place
11th OT: D6 - 12th Place

EMG Rivalry | EMG Spreadsheet

Last edited by Deidara837; 08-19-2014 at 12:50 AM..
Deidara837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:01 AM   #468
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deidara837 View Post
Put moar big dudes in your deck
Cairne, TBK, Sylv, 2x Lore, 2x War, Rag, Cenarius, idk
i dont have any of these cards

ive only opened a couple of packs

Old 08-19-2014, 04:35 AM   #469
rsr2
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl
FFR Veteran

So I drafted 6 Animal Companions in Arena today and this happened.

rsr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:21 AM   #470
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
i dont have any of these cards

ive only opened a couple of packs
lol You can't expect to win with shitty cards.

Just the way the game goes. Cards matter more than your skill or luck at lower level play.

Play a cheaper deck. I would never play paladin, priest or druid if I had only opened a couple packs because you won't have any of the cards you need to be competitive.

Play warlock or hunter because you don't need a single legendary. The most expensive card in both decks can be crafted for 100 dust and you only need two of them; everything else is cheaper IIRC. If you need deck lists I can provide.

(Hunter would, ideally, usually like to have Leeroy in it, which is a legendary, but it can be substituted until you get it).

These decks are also strong enough to get to legend, so there's that.

If anything, it's good to have a good cheap deck simply to farm gold while you acquire more packs you'll need before you start playing other classes.

Last edited by Reach; 08-19-2014 at 05:22 AM..
Old 08-19-2014, 08:15 AM   #471
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

I wouldn't mind being linked to some of these decks

and I'm also not "expecting" to win in the sense that I'm aware that these decks are probably far from optimal in constructed play. still getting a feel for certain strategies as I work my way up. I was simply expressing extreme fucking frustration at my horrid luck as rng screws me over in the most unlikely of situations

i don't mind losing to better decks or better players, i get irritated when i consistently lose due to bad luck

Last edited by stargroup100; 08-19-2014 at 08:16 AM..
Old 08-19-2014, 10:10 AM   #472
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

Instead of PJSalt, just pray to RNGesus for the top dicks. It has like a 70% success rate for me, and top dick victories are always the sweetest.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:23 AM   #473
clasko1000
Ima Twans
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to clasko1000

Quote:
I really enjoy watching reynad stream, so some of his decks are located here: http://reynad.com/decks

His teams website,
http://tempostorm.com/decks

The other streamer i try to watch is Kolento, not having any luck finding current decks of his.
http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/d...layer/kolento/ (list looks relevant)

Ill just throw out my decks for the time being.
These are also outdated, i really enjoy my warrior, both warlock, and druid decks here:
http://imgur.com/a/HZmfX#0

There lots of information on the internet about hearthstone, but watching streams is the only way to be really up to date with meta.

Best AAA's | Slam the door(61) Scars Left By Time(62) What Lies Beyond The Mountains(62)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald000 View Post
I'll take some more free boosters please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
please do the community a favor
http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ
clasko1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #474
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:

and I'm also not "expecting" to win in the sense that I'm aware that these decks are probably far from optimal in constructed play. still getting a feel for certain strategies as I work my way up. I was simply expressing extreme fucking frustration at my horrid luck as rng screws me over in the most unlikely of situations

i don't mind losing to better decks or better players, i get irritated when i consistently lose due to bad luck
Fair enough. If you continue to play hearthstone though, bad luck is a pretty regular occurrence. You'll develop thick skin :P

Here are some dirt cheap decks I put together for the current meta. Both are based on Reynad's decks and can go to Legend if you're good enough.

Mind you there are quite a few Naxx cards here so get Naxx if you don't already have it, since there's one more Naxx release tomorrow, which might change a card or two depending on how the meta moves.

Legend Hunter

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/89501...scientist-deck

Here is a modified version of one of the strongest decks in the game right now to function without Leeroy Jenkins.

Hunter mark x2
Flare x1
Tracking x2
Webspinner x2
Haunted Creeper x2 (Or timberwolf x2)
Mad Scientist x2
Explosive Trap x2
Freezing Trap x2
Starving Buzzard x2
Animal Companion X2
Eaglehorn bow x2
Kill Command x2
Unleash the Hound x2
Houndmaster x2
Loatheb x1
Savannah Highmane x2

How to play it: To describe this deck in a nutshell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU

Not quite as good without leeroy, but still. I just ran it and won 7 games out of 10. This deck crushes everything, people have ran it at 60+% WR at Legend level and is countered only by heavy control decks with significant heal (Paladin and Warrior). Play as aggressive as possible early on. Mulligan your secrets because the goal is to use Mad Scientist to play them for free unless you're comboing them. Bait Unleashed the Hounds + Buzzard combo to draw your deck, tracking is used primarily to dig for those cards because they're the two most important cards to hold in your hand. Flare is used to counter other hunters (Flare literally wins game Hunter v Hunter right now).
Kill commands + Beast is your finisher without leeroy. Always pressure hard because once they're low this deck is extremely good at finishing. Eaglehorn + Hero power + Beast + Kill can burst them down so fast.

If you want a warlock deck that isn't quite as good but probably a bit easier to put together since it uses more neutrals,

Soulfire x2
Mortal Coil x1
Power Overwhelming x2
Abusive Sergeant x2
Flame Imp x2
Void Walker x2
Dire Wolf Alpha x2
Owl x1
Haunted Creeper x2
Neurbean Egg x2
Void Terror x2
Harvest Golem x2
Shadowflame x1
Dark Iron Dwarf x2
Defender of Argus x2
Doomguard x2
(Some big minion x1, Loatheb works. I use Cairne).

How to play: There are a bunch of variations of this deck right now. This one is the probably the strongest because it wins most mirror matches. It only really struggles against control priest and paladin. You basically just mulligan for early pressure, control the board and hit face whenever you have control. Use Power Overwhelming + Void terror combo to threaten fast and early lethal and force them to have a silence or lose the game. Owl is basically held to punish people running the same deck / get through problem cards like Sludge and Tyrion.

The difficulty with playing this deck is in risk management. This deck has extremely strong all in, but it does not have late game presence. Therefore, you need to know when the game is still in your control and you can keep slow playing it, and when you have to all in. Thankfully, given the combos in this deck, ~15-20 damage can often come of of nowhere in a single turn.

Last edited by Reach; 08-20-2014 at 11:24 AM..
Old 08-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #475
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Quote:

When I played bridge with real people and I shuffled the cards properly, people complained about getting 'computer hands'. Deal with it. Most card games like Magic etc people do their hardest to get a good distribution of cards while still being 'random'. Most people don't shuffle enough. Pet peeve I have.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:31 PM   #476
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

Complaining About RNG
In

Card Game
L.B.D.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #477
ReikonKeiri
i wanna be ur pop star
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to ReikonKeiri

i have never seen shadowflame in zoo woah

FMO AAAs (3): Heavenly Spores (68), Fast Asleep (67)!, 0 (piano version) (66)! VC AAAs: 76
Best VCs: Finders Keepers (64), Purple (64), Travel Demon (63), Final Step (63), A World of Piano (63), Balloon Fever (63), The Fusion (63)

It's Only Natural BF
Southern Cross BF
Minute Waltz v2 BF
Novo Mundo BF
Stark Raving Mad BF
Midnight Dragon 1-0-0-1
Choprite 2 clean
Rottel 2 clean
J&C 2 clean
Chronograph 2-1-0-1
BB Evo 3 clean
Staring at my Spaceship 3 clean
Epilogue 3-0-0-1
Banned Forever 3-0-0-1
World Tour 2004 3-0-1-4
Demon Beast Appearance 4 clean
Gacha Gacha Figu Atto Radio 4 clean
Gravity Blast 4 clean
Just Why 4 clean
Eternal Drain [Heavy] 4 clean
300 4-0-0-1
Pure Ruby 5 clean
Destination of the Heart 5 clean
Plasmatextor 5-0-0-4
Oni 6 clean
Yorukumoryuu Yamikaze 6 clean
Ambient Angels 6 clean
Colorful Course 6 clean
Hajnal 6 clean
Arsonist 7-0-0-1
Setsujou! Hyakka Ryouran 7-1-0-1
Face in the Gutter 8 clean
Kanon Medley 8 clean
Colibri 8 clean
Summer Time Perfume 8 clean
Blindfolds Aside 8-0-0-1
Bubble Bath Aftermath 8-0-0-1
Bloody Tears 8-0-0-2
Ochitsukeruwakenaiwayo! [Heavy] 9 clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogle-master View Post
To be fair, having all the BlazBlue's isn't good taste more then it is common sense.
ReikonKeiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:24 PM   #478
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikonKeiri View Post
i have never seen shadowflame in zoo woah
You have no idea how many Zoos I've made insta concede after using it. It combos stupidddddlllyyyy well with PO / Abusive onto any deathrattle.

Pretty much in the deck to insta win mirror. If you're not facing any Zoos it's easy enough to remove, though it has ridiculous value against hunter too.

Another really good variant of this deck (Deathlock) runs Voidcaller and a hellfire instead of shadowflame. Interestingly this is also extremely effective.

Recently I've been playing around with Undertaker because I'm liking Flameimp less and less (the 6 damage can backfire and end up turning into taps you don't want to take late). He's a really fun card. Won 8 games in a row with this swap and one other, though it was casual. I'll run it in ranked later.

Last edited by Reach; 08-20-2014 at 09:34 PM..
Old 08-20-2014, 10:23 PM   #479
Deidara837
For a New Beginning
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Got them down, Heroic is finished. Enjoying my card backs.

Sapphiron required ridiculous luck while using a version of Face Warrior. Basically I tried to maximize card-for-damage and mana-for-damage value, using things like Upgrades and Heroic Strikes along with Charge minions, weapons, Mortal Strikes, and the like. Knowing when to clear enemy minions is key. Cleave is beautiful for Faerie Dragons and fresh Shades. The rest of the removal suite is standard, minus the Shield Blocks and Shield Slams which I felt didn't do enough.

Kel'Thuzad was a little less annoying but obviously still hard, with his effective 65 health. Modified Healadin was needed to live through the terrifying first phase. Timely Pyro/Equality combos are game-saving, especially on the first turn of phase two. I then lived through these:

And finally, before the last turn, his chain took my Silver Hand Recruit instead of Tirion or Baine. (It wouldn't have mattered if Baine was taken.)

Reference deck for facing Kel'Thuzad

_9th OT: D2 - 13th Place
10th OT: D5 - 45th Place
11th OT: D6 - 12th Place

EMG Rivalry | EMG Spreadsheet

Last edited by Deidara837; 08-20-2014 at 10:56 PM..
Deidara837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:49 PM   #480
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

Doing the class challenge for Paladin. Starting hand is Echoing, Shattered Sun and Avenge. Top dick four Echoing Ooze in a row. What a game.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote