Closed Thread

Old 07-8-2019, 10:22 AM   #2381
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnier6 View Post
I dont see why you chose to meme instead of help speed along their conclusion.
Okay first of all quoting fg here is ridiculous: I don't think she's said a not-backwards thing the whole game, and if she was the only one completely backwards on a point, at this point I just don't care.

Now I'll make no claim that any actual thought went into that post, but let's say for a second that it did. Why wouldn't I help speed along the conclusion?

Because if town is going to come to it anyways, and there will be more personal will involved as compared to mixing yet another voice in.

Time is really not of essence, and relationships are subtle. If town consensus can be achieved without pushing it, the result is a town circle that is more cohesive, more robust, and more sensitive to the subtleties the wolves introduce by faking.
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 07-8-2019, 10:25 AM   #2382
funnier6
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
uh are you calling me out for still wanting to play the game despite there being a clear lynch. gotta think ahead dude

#itrustantori
fg ilu but youre certifiably insane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
let it be known that i never defended antori, just tossed out a hypothetical so i could hear other ppl's opinions. and roundbox 180'd on his read on me

also important
Still insane. What the heck is the trust Antori thing for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I've never seen him post this much regardless of alignment
I was just assuming it was town for d0
he /could/ be a wolf, he's definitely one of my spicier guesses, but mostly it was a d0 pass for his postcount
Oh that old thing. Do you have any sort of actual read on him now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
This is either stupid or misdirection and gs isn't stupid

Maybe antori is an sk but there no way he's a wolf if gs is
Tell me, what sort of insane person without even considering alignment takes the definite lynch of an extremely probable third party and spins it that they're mafia? Like, who cares? He's literally being lynched either way, why would you waste time and brain cells on an argument that makes absolutely no difference and will be proven right or wrong shortly regardless.
Old 07-8-2019, 10:26 AM   #2383
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

gonna be driving alllll day, don't expect much more out of me than an Antori vote
Old 07-8-2019, 10:30 AM   #2384
funnier6
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave- View Post
Okay first of all quoting fg here is ridiculous: I don't think she's said a not-backwards thing the whole game, and if she was the only one completely backwards on a point, at this point I just don't care.

Now I'll make no claim that any actual thought went into that post, but let's say for a second that it did. Why wouldn't I help speed along the conclusion?

Because if town is going to come to it anyways, and there will be more personal will involved as compared to mixing yet another voice in.

Time is really not of essence, and relationships are subtle. If town consensus can be achieved without pushing it, the result is a town circle that is more cohesive, more robust, and more sensitive to the subtleties the wolves introduce by faking.
Lol yeah fg was not part of that argument.

Agree to disagree on the last point. Whether or not people reach the same conclusion as consensus based on your own argument there is always the chance that they're sheeping. Also if its all the same to you I dont think this argument is going anywhere.
Old 07-8-2019, 10:36 AM   #2385
Soundwave-
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Agree to disagree on the last point. Whether or not people reach the same conclusion as consensus based on your own argument there is always the chance that they're sheeping. Also if its all the same to you I dont think this argument is going anywhere.
I would think putting the argument out would give more chance of sheeping (as well as potentially be sheeping itself, speaking from the other side of the table), but hey.
Quote:
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 07-8-2019, 10:59 AM   #2386
Dafty.Pixel
FFR Player

Quote:
Actually Dafty got involved somehow. Game show is over when ever Xiz gets around to it though.
Say what xD hey i am here like 2 time a day ._.

I don't even know what are you about ?

Like a post less meme when Xiz is here O.o?

Old 07-8-2019, 11:02 AM   #2387
funnier6
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm mildly glad you're mildly having fun, funnier
I read that again and I think it might come across as being not genuine but I do mean it
Thanks, you know how it is, freshwater fish, saltwater. Thats more to do with the players and meta though since I'm adaptable in all setups.
Quote:
"Attempting to solve the game" is probably the number 1 thing strangers say about me regarding my d1 play and next to "Moe is moe" is probably also the easiest thing to say about a player without actually having to analyze their play

Compare what gs is saying this game to what he was saying in the jtwg

I don't want to say lazy because that's mean but I don't feel meaningfulness behind what he's saying
Youre not gonna get any other read from me until you actually flip scum. Shouldn't really have to explain that one to you.
Quote:
these aren't in order

town
sunfan (I'm town I promise)

shadow god (I doubt I'm wrong; he feels very different, very happy to solve, if this was the potential that raeko left untapped by not really being in wolfchat to coach him, then that's a true tragedy.)

storn (man, I hope to god storn is a wolf this game. He's just posting SO FUCKING WELL and its not at all the storn we saw from his last game where he low-posted in danganronpa. if I see more solviness and more genuine-sounding posts, I might just lock him in as town for the rest of the game because its approaching a level where I don't want to look back)

H&H (obvious)

gold stinger (I guess that I will say for ffa's benefit that I have gold stinger as the lowest town in this tier. I think his wolf range is kind of high; I remember being wolf with him in a game where literally 0 people ever suspected him. The case that he has on antori making the wolfkill is /probably/ something he didn't make up as a wolf imo. The solviness is there to the level that I expect it. If I somehow knew that there was 1 wolf in my top-tier list of townreads I'd immediately be like "oh, its gold stinger then")

fg (she isn't posting like this as a wolf I don't think, the read is basically as simple as that.)

kinda town
devonin (this is more on DBP but DBP was playing exactly the same as in AN. Devonin is also kind of approaching the game in a similar manner to how I would expect from him based on some of our conversations about the game beforehand. My hesitation here extends from the full read of the thread that he did having opinions that I didn't really think were narrowing down who the wolves could be.)

roundbox (nothing clearing; his d0 pass is up. The way that he voted for Cocoa kinda gives me the heebie jeebies, but every now and then I read one of his posts and its like "yeah that was pretty good, good post roundbox")

soundwave (kinda unfair to not have him in the higher tier. His posts are good he clearly cares about the game it would take very, very little for me to bump him up to the top tier.)

funnier (I decline to elaborate.)

meh
Daikyi (i've never been anywhere near good at reading him. His opinions are his own this game, which I guess is like a single point in his favor but that's really it. First it was FF14, now its something else, just feel like he's never going to get around to contributing what I would expect from him)

Gradiant (i've also never been anywhere near good at reading him. A bit lower than Daikyi just because I don't really have anything positive from him that I can point to as being a lot more likely to come from town!gradiant)

Xel (the epitome of meh)

dafty (I like yaoi too my friend. Can I get some thoughts on the game tho)

would kill
ffa (I don't agree with the gs case at all; nothing redeeming outside of that)

antori (obvious lynch for today; probably the serial killer)

WV (He had a push that I really didn't like; don't remember what it was)

Hakulyte (SPICY READ but I think Cocoa was trying to signal to one of the wolves and I don't think it was Shadow God. I don't like Haku's shenanigans with Soundwave either. There's not quite the game solviness that I would expect either. I feel surprisingly ok with this read)

I don't feel SUPER GREAT about these but I think that they are... ok with the relatively large lack of information that was generated by the first lynch and the outing of antori today. Its a lot of gut-read ofc.
Can you elaborate on Roundbox. And on me if you never did that because I cant believe you'd decline to elaborate on me! Also I dont see what you see on Haku or shadow at all. Would reverse.
Quote:
I don't like your shadowgod, roundbox, haku, xel, or ffa reads

Do them again

Shadowgod isn't playing different, I'm starting to get the sense he's a drama queen all his posts have flair and someone pointed it out wrt his interactions with fg, here I feel his interactions with antori are getting a free mislynch and feeling pleased about it

I just really like roundbox as a person and think he should be in your town pile, for real if you see him making good posts he's town and if it comes down to the wire I think I can read him better than most

Haku claiming the item is just a towny move and even acknowledging his wolf play is a lot better now than it was in the past he's still probably town for claiming it

Xel is town

I'm town

I've already addressed gs

Actually never mind this whole read list is bad minus like three players

Not feeling great about them is redeeming but I think given you were on a wolf yesterday you should have a better position in the gamesolve than this post makes you appear to
I thought you liked me as a person </3
Quote:
Could be on two separate wolf factions which conveniently makes both reads correct and dismisses world building and associative reads @funnier6
Am I supposed to be relieved? Cause lol we haven't even confirmed two wolf factions.
Old 07-8-2019, 11:14 AM   #2388
Soundwave-
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafty.Pixel View Post

If you needed a reason to want this person dead, here it is.
Quote:
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 07-8-2019, 11:15 AM   #2389
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafty.Pixel View Post

do you want to post, you know, anything about the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
"I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
Quote:
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post

Old 07-8-2019, 11:27 AM   #2390
Dafty.Pixel
FFR Player

Quote:
If you needed a reason to want this person dead, here it is.
Damn my meme about yuri on ice are dangerous ._.
Old 07-8-2019, 11:28 AM   #2391
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
fg ilu but youre certifiably insane.

Still insane. What the heck is the trust Antori thing for?

Oh that old thing. Do you have any sort of actual read on him now?

Tell me, what sort of insane person without even considering alignment takes the definite lynch of an extremely probable third party and spins it that they're mafia? Like, who cares? He's literally being lynched either way, why would you waste time and brain cells on an argument that makes absolutely no difference and will be proven right or wrong shortly regardless.
You know what

Fg i haven't read much of today

Explain to me why i don't throw abtori's waifu into the trash
Old 07-8-2019, 11:36 AM   #2392
funnier6
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
You know what

Fg i haven't read much of to say

Explain to me why i don't throw abtori's waifu into the trash
Are you speaking English/did you quote the right person?
Old 07-8-2019, 11:42 AM   #2393
Soundwave-
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Shhh let's hear it.
Quote:
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Old 07-8-2019, 11:49 AM   #2394
Not devonin
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by storn42 View Post
If i had to give a scum pile right now it would be FFA, WV, FG, and Yoshl
I like this list a lot and for most of the same reasons. I still back off/reconsider FG based on Antori's flip later. WV's primarily on my list for low activity, but Yoshl and FFA do both read off to me.

Quote:
Sunfan - Been liking his thoughts so far this game, and his mind seems to be in the right place this game. My only concern is that he is town reading me. Slight town lean
I'm not sure I understand why Sunfan reading you town makes you concerned? Could you explain that?

Quote:
Devonin - DBPs earlier MIA play seems kind of reminiscent of how he used to play scum and just play UTR the entire time. That said, you all seemed to like his play while he was here and he subbed out so we cant/shouldn't really look into that play. Devonin has only been here one day, But i really like what he's doing and his thoughts on the game so far. Coming in swinging like he did is the right way to get him on my town side. Town lean
I've been worried that DBP being low activity was going to be held against me from a 'wolves don't post much' standpoint, but the fact that he actually had himself substituted out of the game should indicate that his activity wasn't intentional. He could have kept playing that level of low activity if it was a strategy.
Old 07-8-2019, 12:01 PM   #2395
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
I'm not sure I understand why Sunfan reading you town makes you concerned? Could you explain that?
Greg has a history of never correctly reading me unless he's a wolf. I've caught him as a wolf before because of how he read me. That said im not certain he's a wolf here. he seems pretty towny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
"I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
Quote:
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post

Old 07-8-2019, 12:05 PM   #2396
Not devonin
FFR Player

Ah more meta stuff. Gotcha thanks.
Old 07-8-2019, 12:49 PM   #2397
Svaz
quite clever

Was a lot more distracted yesterday than I thought I'd be, but I'm still waiting politely to vote on antori. I don't think the risk outweighs the benefit there; if it did, we'd have an RB over a NK today.
Old 07-8-2019, 01:07 PM   #2398
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
Was a lot more distracted yesterday than I thought I'd be, but I'm still waiting politely to vote on antori. I don't think the risk outweighs the benefit there; if it did, we'd have an RB over a NK today.
I'm too tired to think about this after trying more or less for 5 mins

Going to bed, pls insta antori in the meantime
Old 07-8-2019, 01:07 PM   #2399
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Old 07-8-2019, 01:24 PM   #2400
Daikyi
FFR Player

xelgay rn

storn if me low activity worries your gut, look @ previous games ive played recently, shouldnt be a factor in reads tbh