Default jTWG LXXXIII Postgame Thread

KitB: On
OOTC: Off, excepting wolfchat. Wolves may communicate privately at all times
Nighttalk: Off, excepting wolfchat
Phantoms: Off
No lynch/kill: On, Cannot be performed 2 days/nights in a row
Cardflips: On, full role flips
Instalynch: On

Day phases will always be 48 hours (excepting instalynches) and will revolve around 12:00 PM Server time. Night phases will always be at least 24 hours and will revolve around the same time.

Game begins with a d0 start.

Wolfchat will be wherever wolves want it to be. I suggest discord as it is something that most people use and is fairly accessible.

This game's signups will be restricted for the first 72 hours to only allow players who have played 10 or fewer full games of TWG on FFR.

Setup:
9 Players
5 Vanilla Towns
1 Weak Seer
1 Doctor
1 Wolf Role Seer
1 Vanilla Wolf

Vanilla Townie - You have no special powers except your intelligence. The most common role in TWG.

Weak Seer - Each night you get to target one person and are returned with a result of their alignment (e.g. "red","green"). Red means they are a wolf, green means they are town. Does not get a check on n0. The Weak Seer will die if targeted by the wolf nightkill, even if they are protected by the Doctor. The Doctor does not die in this scenario.

Town Doctor - Each night you get to target one person and save said person from the nightkill. You cannot target the same player two nights in a row and you cannot target yourself. If the Doctor target the Weak Seer the same night that the wolves attempt to kill them, the Weak Seer will die. The Doctor does not die in this scenario.

Wolf Role Seer - Each night you get to target one person and upon the start of the following day phase, all living wolves will learn the role name of the targeted player privately. The possible results are: (Vanilla Town, Weak Seer, Town Doctor & Vanilla Wolf). You cannot target yourself. You may perform a factional nightkill each night by targeting a player to be killed upon the start of the following day phase.

Vanilla Wolf - You may perform a factional nightkill each night by targeting a player to be killed upon the start of the following day phase.

All town players (living or dead) win when all the wolves have died.

All wolves (living or dead) win when the number of towns is equal to the number of wolves, or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Voting for players is done using the tags of [twgv]the sun fan[twgv] but including a / at the beginning of the second tag.

Players unfamiliar with the rules should read at least the tl;dr version of the rules located here

Signups:
1) star-crossed Weak Seer, Killed n2
2) inDheart Vanilla Town, Killed n1
3) Wayward Vagabond Wolf Role Seer, Lynched d1
4) jessiebessie Vanilla Town, Killed n3
5) Funnygurl555 Vanilla Town, Lynched d2
6) jefanno1 Doctor, Lynched d0
7) antori Vanilla Town, Lost at Endgame
8) CharuVanilla Town, Lynched d3
9) flashflash account Vanilla Wolf, Won at Endgame

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

Last edited by the sun fan; 12-9-2018 at 04:20 PM..
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2018, 02:18 PM   #2
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: jTWG LXXXIII Postgame Thread

Night action log:

n1
wolves kill inDheart
WV checks star-crossed
star-crossed checks WV

n2
wolves kill star-crossed
star-crossed checks Charu

n3
wolves kill jessiebessie

Old 12-9-2018, 02:20 PM   #3
flashflash account
FFR Player

Wolf chat was in my discord

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2018, 02:21 PM   #4
the sun fan
FFR Player

MVP to ffa for playing the best; wolves found the cop and that helped them a lot

a couple small things

if you're a role in danger of dying via lynch, claiming that you are a role is a good idea as it means that usually someone else is lynched

claiming a red when you have it is generally good; gets rid of any potential confusion later and ensures a lynch on a red

I'm a little unsure why there wasn't much questioning of star's check though; it seemed to me like she was most adamant about wv being the lynch compared to any of her other reads.

game was lost when no one was evaluating ffa as a possible wolf, even when jessie died when it would make more sense for ffa to die, and I think that's generally a losing mindset to have

Old 12-9-2018, 02:24 PM   #5
star-crossed
FFR Player

If you go back through my messages, I start off the second day by arguing Jessie is town (secretly informed by the fact that I know WV is red). I then begin putting pressure onto WV and not saying anything positive about him, but in such a way that I hope does not alert him to the fact I know he is mafia yet. My goal was basically to make him feel like if he put in effort and gave us a bunch of information he could talk me out of going after him. There are actually quite a few posts I did not make that I probably would have if I did not know he was red, such as trying to explain to him why antori's town of salem background was informing WV's confusion toward him. But since nobody besides a known wolf was talking about it, why waste time answering a mafia's concerns. (That line of questioning and the fact that antori did not even bother responding to it made me pretty sure they were not aligned, but it was hard to be 100% sure because of not having as much of a baseline for how antori thinks.)

But then WV starts to do things that seem so openly suspicious to me, that I end up being very assertive in how I address him, which causes both him and Charu to basically mention I am being abnormally aggressive in my play. So I felt that it should be obvious to people in hindsight that I had a red check, because that was the aspect that was causing me to behave abnormally. (Something else funny to me was that WV kept arguing I was upset he did not have as strong of a town read on me as he said he did; in reality I actually did not care at all about WV's opinion of me given the situation, it was legitimately that I thought he was being inconsistent). I then end up at the mental crossroads of "OK so do the mafia already suspect that I am seer strongly enough that I should just tell everybody and we can just discuss it all openly, or is there enough chance that I can just get WV hanged and then still survive to get the last check that we may need to win?" I think what influenced me toward the latter was that I really did not know who the last mafia was. Because while Charu and Funnygurl were defending him most, I wondered if they would be so blatant about it as wolves, and there were other aspects of their play that I had liked at times. I knew it was a long shot, I just thought it would really help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
Boop

2) inDheart Vanilla Town, Killed n1: I'm bummed because I like playing with you and you died
and whose fault is that?
In my mind, this was a big hint. I really could not help saying this, knowing he was red.

Quote:
I actually did not have much opinion on that other than surprise

Since I seem to be stressing you out here is a sleepy duck

Me giving him the duck gif was kind of from a mindset of, "I feel like you are playing better than I am so I almost feel guilty about the current situation, but I have to keep pressuring you..."

Quote:
FG is voting him for them having different reads, apparently, not whether it sounds like he believes them

I guess I will have to dig up why Charu is voting because he did not say it in the post he voted. I think it is mainly that he just likes others more

I still think that the way WV attacks ffa is nitpicky and does not really correlate to things that mean somebody is actually mafia. and so the fact that I suss WV so much does inform my read on ffa. ffa has the spirit of someone who is trying to solve while WV is better at sounding smart.
I tried to clarify in this message that my passion in defending ffa was specifically that I thought he was unaligned with WV. It was really the fact that WV was being wagoned against ffa that caused me to freak out. In my mind ffa was wrong about stuff but in a way that made sense and was much better than the last time I had saw him be a wolf. For some reason, the way WV and others attacked him actually made me like him more because the reasoning didn't make sense to me. Plus ffa was telling me exactly what I wanted to hear about WV for most of the day basically. But ultimately, in hindsight I see I had better reasons to trust Jessie and antori, than to trust him, and I apologize. The only thing I can do with that is to take it with me to my next game.

The moment I saw ffa was arguing he was the check, my heart sank, and I kept waiting and hoping someone would refute this, but... I guess I wasn't clear enough for people to not just nod their head at it, ultimately.

So especially given the fact ffa and WV knew I was seer the entire day, I realize I made some mistakes. Um.. this is my first time playing as a seer in this type of game, and in fact I am the only seer I have played with to not get hanged the second day without claiming anything. So I am still learning.
star-crossed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2018, 02:34 PM   #6
the sun fan
FFR Player

still learning is what jTWG is for

Old 12-9-2018, 02:41 PM   #7
flashflash account
FFR Player

I tried very hard

-----

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 12-9-2018, 02:46 PM   #8
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

This was really fun and easily the most effort I've put into a wolf game and almost any game.

Kinda bummed things really died down after star and I we're knocked out though but it happens
Old 12-9-2018, 03:13 PM   #9
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

i like squirrels
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2018, 05:48 PM   #10
the sun fan
FFR Player

https://discord.gg/asCXZAP

deadchat

Old 12-9-2018, 06:27 PM   #11
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

this was really fun game! i can't wait to try and redeem myself in the next one

Antori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2018, 07:32 PM   #12
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Read a little bit of this. Great to see some new faces playing the game and hope everyone had fun.

There was alot of talk about the possibility of no-lynching on d0. I can see why the math looks like it checks out, but solid data points to judge previous post with is very important for the game. Less info means worst judgement and you will be surprised how putting off the lynch only sets town back. Simply put, Information >>> numbers on d0--or possibly the entire game depending on setup.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:58 AM   #13
flashflash account
FFR Player

I learned how to manipulate people emotionally from my mom

-----

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-13-2018, 12:28 PM   #14
FreezinIce
FFR Player

I have 1 game, send more

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
FreezinIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 09:06 PM   #15
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

I kind of want to host a game and actually have a really cool idea for one (DJ/Rave themed no less) but with everything going on at the house it'll just have to wait.

I did quit one of my two jobs though for various reasons, so I mean at least I'm going to be getting days off again which is always sexy

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:25 PM   #16
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
I learned how to manipulate people emotionally from my mom
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Syhto is offline   Reply With Quote