Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
D!LL
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to D!LL Send a message via MSN to D!LL Send a message via Yahoo to D!LL Send a message via Skype™ to D!LL
Default POKEMON

Why? Because it beats talking about ****ing FARMVILLE, honestly. That guy should be shot.

But seriously. Most of us played Red and Blue growing up. A lot of us still play some of the new generation games that come out. That crap is legendary. Pokemon was probably the only reason to buy a freakin' gameboy. For most of us anyway.

So yeah. Here be the place to talk about Pokemon.
Z͙̖̠̆̊͌̊ȧ̞̟̀ͫͬ͂̂l̰̊ͧͤġ͉͉̣̟̠̘̐̾ő̟̜͙ͬ̃̆͂͌́ͬͅ.͙͙̲̠̘͖̪ͤͅ ̪̘͙̣̃̂̂̅̽ͯ̒ͅH̯͉̰̩̪̐͌͛ͬẹ͐ ͚͔͙ͩ̿̈ͅw͚̹̯̰̫͛̔̈́̾h͉̦̬̪͈͈̜̟ͧ͆̆ͩ̿̇o̳͔̩̯͕ͦ̿ͨ̇ͤͮ̔̚ ͙̫̙͈͊̾͊ͧͫ̓̋W̳̣̲͙̞̏̓a͓̩͕̭̜ͨͪ̍̿͐i̗̞͍̟̦͋ṯ͙̗͔̹͓̑̈́ͅͅs̠̖̩̝̜̟̓͂̏ͣͩ ̘̭̪͔͒̅ͩ̌̅̈̈B̺̹̙̩͖͍̣͇̲̏ë̼̹̘͙̣̹́̅ͅḧ͍͓͖́͐i̝̪͉̺͓̝ͣ̐̃̓͊̀̉n̯͎̺̰̜͙̖̖̒̉͛ͣ̏̑d̞̤͇͌̓ ̝͙͎̹̭̻͙̪̂̃ͥ̏T͚͎̰͇̦̳̓̓̔h̲̘̼̪̺̙̲͂ͪ̾ͮ͛ͩ̍̎e͉͔̩̝͖̎ ̣͂͐W̩͇͈̦̭̠̺̖ͮ̆̒̍â̟̻ͦl̞̮̖̘̥͙͒̈́̍̍l̹̥̠͕͗̆ͧ͗ͤ̉̍.͓̗̣͉͍̤͉͍ͪ͂͊̈͑ͦ͑ͧͅ
D!LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
Quigly
nah
FFR Veteran

Default Re: POKEMON

What signature?
Old 10-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Pokemon Gold + 1
Old 10-24-2010, 10:06 PM   #4
D!LL
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to D!LL Send a message via MSN to D!LL Send a message via Yahoo to D!LL Send a message via Skype™ to D!LL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigly View Post
What signature?
Que?
Z͙̖̠̆̊͌̊ȧ̞̟̀ͫͬ͂̂l̰̊ͧͤġ͉͉̣̟̠̘̐̾ő̟̜͙ͬ̃̆͂͌́ͬͅ.͙͙̲̠̘͖̪ͤͅ ̪̘͙̣̃̂̂̅̽ͯ̒ͅH̯͉̰̩̪̐͌͛ͬẹ͐ ͚͔͙ͩ̿̈ͅw͚̹̯̰̫͛̔̈́̾h͉̦̬̪͈͈̜̟ͧ͆̆ͩ̿̇o̳͔̩̯͕ͦ̿ͨ̇ͤͮ̔̚ ͙̫̙͈͊̾͊ͧͫ̓̋W̳̣̲͙̞̏̓a͓̩͕̭̜ͨͪ̍̿͐i̗̞͍̟̦͋ṯ͙̗͔̹͓̑̈́ͅͅs̠̖̩̝̜̟̓͂̏ͣͩ ̘̭̪͔͒̅ͩ̌̅̈̈B̺̹̙̩͖͍̣͇̲̏ë̼̹̘͙̣̹́̅ͅḧ͍͓͖́͐i̝̪͉̺͓̝ͣ̐̃̓͊̀̉n̯͎̺̰̜͙̖̖̒̉͛ͣ̏̑d̞̤͇͌̓ ̝͙͎̹̭̻͙̪̂̃ͥ̏T͚͎̰͇̦̳̓̓̔h̲̘̼̪̺̙̲͂ͪ̾ͮ͛ͩ̍̎e͉͔̩̝͖̎ ̣͂͐W̩͇͈̦̭̠̺̖ͮ̆̒̍â̟̻ͦl̞̮̖̘̥͙͒̈́̍̍l̹̥̠͕͗̆ͧ͗ͤ̉̍.͓̗̣͉͍̤͉͍ͪ͂͊̈͑ͦ͑ͧͅ
Old 10-24-2010, 10:20 PM   #5
IAAW
FFR Player

Eh, used to be a pretty big fan of them Pokeman games; played both Red and Blue and also watched them old Pokeman episodes, as well. I believe I've caught all the pokemans (excluding Mew) in at least one of the old Pokeman games, but I don't know for sure, since my Pokeman memories are a bit shady. Sister used to collect Pokeman cards like crazy, though.
IAAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #6
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

I haven't played any of the games, honestly.

My brother has both Black and White. I can't read Japanese though, so I can't try it. :q
Old 10-24-2010, 10:45 PM   #7
D!LL
FFR Player

Hah, yeah. Generation V. It's insane how many pokemon they've come out. Crazy to think i used to just be 150
Old 10-24-2010, 11:08 PM   #8
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Crystal forever.
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:18 PM   #9
D!LL
FFR Player

Silver was always my favorite.

Lugia ftw.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:24 PM   #10
C@!
zןnɹ oןos
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to C@!

I still collect cards from time to time, but the last time I bought a box set, I totally got crap cards (soooo many duplicates) so I'm taking a break from wasting money lol.

By the way, Pokemon Stadiums ftw.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:54 AM   #11
xealix
One Among The Fence
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to xealix

I honestly am not to excited for Black and White versions. That is not to say I won't be getting them. I was pretty happy when they Re-Released Silver and Gold versions on the DS that pretty much made my day. As for the new legendary Pokemon I have to say they look pretty awesome. Original 151 will always be the best though.

PS If anyone wants to exchange friend codes for trades or battle via Diamond/Pear or SS/HG I would be willing. I took the time to catch Pikachu with the light orb hold which is a 2% wild hold. Then bread for Pichu's with Volt Tackle and I always say if someone else has done the work why do it yourself.

I will use musical lyrics for my siggy.
"In the cradle we are helpless, but on our feet we are fatal" - The Dear Hunter
xealix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:06 AM   #12
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to virus003

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@! View Post
I still collect cards from time to time, but the last time I bought a box set, I totally got crap cards (soooo many duplicates) so I'm taking a break from wasting money lol.

By the way, Pokemon Stadiums ftw.
nerd

yellow all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUioX View Post
too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundb0x View Post
i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
stop back seat modding its annoying
virus003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:16 AM   #13
Mogsworth
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Mogsworth Send a message via MSN to Mogsworth

I still keep up with the games and play with a competitive mindset. That being said, I don't play in standard tournaments, just small things people around here organize, but I just find the amount of possibilities in the competitive atmosphere quite refreshing. It's also kinda satisfying to take down someone who believes every Pokemon on their team should be a sweeper (because obviously the blitzkrieg is the best strategy ever).

With that being said, I'm excited for B/W. Balancing some movesets, adding the Dream World abilities, and triple battles have got me stoked. Triple battles, especially, since they appear to require much more thought/research for team building/battling than standard play (doubles already have enough subtle depth, can't wait to try out the nuances of triples). The location also has me intrigued, since Isshu is based off NYC. I wonder if they'll continue with US-based locations in the following titles.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:51 AM   #14
xealix
One Among The Fence
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to xealix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogsworth View Post
With that being said, I'm excited for B/W. Balancing some movesets, adding the Dream World abilities, and triple battles have got me stoked. Triple battles, especially, since they appear to require much more thought/research for team building/battling than standard play.
This is what had the most interest for me as well. I just really hope they integrate it well into the game. It could make it a little more interesting, despite what they have tried in the earlier version the battle system has been put on repeat far to much. I am hoping I can put a little more thought into it this time. All I am waiting for is a system for more advanced RPG gamers like myself. I love Pokemon as a series (it comes with being a child of that age), but it really is getting stale.

I will use musical lyrics for my siggy.
"In the cradle we are helpless, but on our feet we are fatal" - The Dear Hunter
xealix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:58 AM   #15
Mogsworth
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Mogsworth Send a message via MSN to Mogsworth

Pokemon is still a decent mix of simplicity and depth, and this is coming from someone who's been playing since R/B. It might be because I've grown up with the battle system, but I feel like it's about as deep as you make it. In-game, yes, the battle system is easy to abuse. There's never any formidable challenge unless you decide to go for the extraneous bollocks at the end (Pokemon almost always has the best post-game content of any series), but once you get into multiplayer, you start to appreciate its nuances even more. Maybe I'm just the type of person who appreciates something like a Shuckle with a Wide Lens attached and a moveset consisting of Wrap, Toxic, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock.

Triple battles appear to be slightly more strategic than before, partially due to positioning being key in strategizing. Not to mention the fact that there are interesting moves that coincide with triple battles, such as ElecNet; I hope this style of battle takes off in competitive play, it seems like implementation in the standard game is lacking.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:29 AM   #16
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

I stopped caring about pokemon after leaf green. It got repetitve and stale real quick I still play through r/b lg/fr every once in a great while but other than that I don't touch pokemon anymore
Old 10-25-2010, 09:46 AM   #17
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Pokemon red and blue were amazing because of the glitch, dont even lie.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #18
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Fire Red/Leaf Green > r/b > y > everything else. 3rd gen+ is all crap that they made just so they could make money by adding more pokemon.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #19
Rodrig0v
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I played red, gold and crystal, then it just became stupid (adding more look-alike pokemons and same storylines, 250 pokemons is enough). But to be honest, I was crazy for it in the beggining, I had so many cards, I watched the anime and spent many hours playing the games. I knew the names of all the 150 pokemons in order lol. Good times... Although it finished quickly (in like 2 years).
Rodrig0v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:53 AM   #20
sakura080789
Rapture Universe
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHandNow View Post
Crystal forever.
OMG yes so true that is my favorite version of all time. i love every game Stadium 2 is still my favorite non gb version

<333333333333 Pokemon Forever