Old 11-14-2016, 03:37 PM   #161
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: The election

This thread is starting to devolve. Try to keep it pointful and civil.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 04:14 PM   #162
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
(Not actually about Trump specifically nor really targeted at you)

When people make this statement, what do they want from the rioters? To actually "peacefully protest" or to shut up and accept what they're served? I protest a lot and while I've never been prone to violent rioting I have a handful of friends more willing to fuck shit up than I am if they believe the situation calls for it. Usually when I hear this argument (and it is VERY often), the person saying it usually seems to think MLK Jr was a hand-holding hippy who worshiped the white community.
what I want from rioters is to calm the fuck down and protest peacefully. looting and rioting does nothing to advance your point, all it does is make people pay attention to you and stereotype you as violent thugs. peaceful protesting should always, always, be about dialogue. what the fuck is the dialogue put forth by violence? to fight fire with fire.

Quote:
I don't think mindless violence will accomplish anything (and in regards to Trump that goes for both sides) but what the fuck do people mean when they say "peaceful protesting"? Living in the city teaches you quickly that holding hands, singing songs and brandishing your "Love Trumps Hate" signs WON'T ACCOMPLISH JACKSHIT. Change only comes when people actually shake shit up.
yeah no shit shaking things up is the way to go, but like you said,

Quote:
I don't support ransacking or looting or actual violence, but a successful "peaceful protest" (at least IME the protests that actually get legislation signed) still requires you actually shake shit up like chain yourself to a building or illegally sit inside an office until arrest.
ransacking, looting, violence does nothing. beating the shit out of trump supporters does nothing. it's a net negative.

Quote:
And with that in mind, I don't think Trump supporters would even support true peaceful protesting (hurr hurr guns hurr hurr hypocrisy) because aren't we supposed to "fall in line" now?
how many people voted for trump? what are the chances that all of them aren't open to real dialogue? don't let the internet alt-right shitlords get you upset. not all trump supporters are pieces of shit. just like not all hillary supporters are pieces of shit.

there are good people on both sides. those good people need to start talking, not sending each other death threats.

Last edited by choof; 11-14-2016 at 06:39 PM..
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 04:23 PM   #163
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Try to keep it civil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
don't let the few trump supporters on ffr get you upset because they're huge shitlords
Hey now, let's keep it civil, choof. Love trumps hate
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 04:30 PM   #164
choof
Banned

same
Old 11-14-2016, 04:59 PM   #165
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
yeah no shit shaking things up is the way to go, but like you said, ransacking, looting, violence does nothing. beating the shit out of trump supporters does nothing. it's a net negative.
So long as we're in basic agreement here I'm satisfied. The term "peaceful protesting" leads to too much confusion when people equate it to meaningless, aimless jam-band bullshit.

Quote:
how many people voted for trump? what are the chances that all of them aren't open to real dialogue? don't let the few trump supporters on ffr get you upset because they're huge shitlords. not all trump supporters are pieces of shit. just like not all hillary supporters are pieces of shit.

there are good people on both sides. those good people need to start talking, not sending each other death threats.
I'd agree with this except at the moment Trump hasn't DONE anything to protest yet (besides pick a shitty cabinet?). This is me though, I just can't see the point of protesting, violent or non-violent, when NOTHING is gonna come from it before January (unless you actually believe the anti-Electoral College protests have a chance LMFAO yeah right).

When Trump has some power to actually, like, fuck up the Paris Agreement at the very moment then yeah it's time to start shaking shit up but right now it's just pointless and won't change shit.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

Last edited by rayword45; 11-14-2016 at 04:59 PM..
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 05:43 PM   #166
choof
Banned

imo people should be protesting the republican win of the senate and house more than the trump presidency
Old 11-14-2016, 06:37 PM   #167
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
Hey now, let's keep it civil, choof. Love trumps hate
Korny is right Choof, lets not with the direct personal attacks.

Quote:
imo people should be protesting the republican win of the senate and house more than the trump presidency
The last time the republicans held the house, senate, and presidency at the same time, the next major event that happened was the Great Depression.

Last edited by devonin; 11-14-2016 at 06:40 PM..
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:51 PM   #168
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Thank you choof
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:56 PM   #169
choof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post

The last time the republicans held the house, senate, and presidency at the same time, the next major event that happened was the Great Depression.
i was just thinking about religious assholes and repubs hating women but okay fuck me
Old 11-14-2016, 08:43 PM   #170
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Before we have a Great Depression we're gonna have a dead planet based on Trump's movements towards fucking up the slight progress we've made in favor of MORE OIL MORE OIL

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:28 PM   #171
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

so these people trump is appointing positions to are pretty terrible huh? i mean sessions/pompeo/bannon? wtf is the deal with that, pretty disgraceful imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow

Last edited by j-rodd123; 11-18-2016 at 01:28 PM..
j-rodd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 02:05 PM   #172
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
so these people trump is appointing positions to are pretty terrible huh? i mean sessions/pompeo/bannon? wtf is the deal with that, pretty disgraceful imo
how are they terrible?
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 05:27 PM   #173
choof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapta View Post
how are they terrible?
jeff sessions is extremely conservative, opposes abortion, was in favor of the war in iraq (a huge fucking mistake), is against same-sex marriage, and wanted to deny funding to a school organization because of homosexuals

"an organization that professes to be comprised of homosexuals and/or lesbians may not receive state funding or use state-supported facilities to foster or promote those illegal, *1551 sexually deviate activities defined in the sodomy and sexual misconduct laws"

this was ruled by the us district court as a violation of the first amendment.

pompeo is a huge supporter of the nsa surveillance programs. there are a few other things that make him out to be a piece of shit but this is the only thing that matters given that he's been selected to be the fucking director of the CIA.

bannon is the executive chairman of breitbart and has been connected to the alt-right
Old 12-7-2016, 11:50 PM   #174
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
It's called the branches of government jabroni
the three branch system has been damaged by the senate's disregard for the constitution.

this has nothing to do with trump, just saying.