Old 01-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #41
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Maplestory v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon890x View Post
How do you solve a puzzle using only the pieces you do not have?
You have trouble understanding why due to your failure to acknowledge the pieces laid out before you.
Your failure to comprehend has led you to become a troll. Gittout.

EDIT: The point you're failing to realize is that you're speaking in perspective of a player, rather than an employee of Nexon. Do you have those pieces? Could you really interpret a puzzle accurately without those pieces existing?
~kitty~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:17 PM   #42
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

I haven't played MS since pre-NX days, but I have to say I am enjoying it more than I used to. The main thing I love is the auto-assign on your stats. I hated remembering which points to put where and when.

I'm playing a Battle Mage, but I think I'm going to make a Mech eventually because they look OP.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:23 PM   #43
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to chocobothief12

Mechs dont "look" OP, they "ARE" OP. I've watched one train on a huge flat map, and they ccould clear the entire thing and still have enough time to sit around and do nothing while waiting for everything to respawn. A mech guildie of mine even in the 80-90s was still leveling more than once per hour.
chocobothief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #44
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocobothief12 View Post
Mechs dont "look" OP, they "ARE" OP. I've watched one train on a huge flat map, and they ccould clear the entire thing and still have enough time to sit around and do nothing while waiting for everything to respawn. A mech guildie of mine even in the 80-90s was still leveling more than once per hour.
Dawn Warrior could do that too.

I was able to do that on my Crusader...

I am able to do that on my White Knight...

What kind of funding are we talking about here? None?

EDIT: Though I know what you mean. Mech's get mobbing skills from the start.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:01 AM   #45
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kitty~ View Post
Dawn Warrior could do that too.

I was able to do that on my Crusader...

I am able to do that on my White Knight...

What kind of funding are we talking about here? None?

EDIT: Though I know what you mean. Mech's get mobbing skills from the start.
Your sader can't hit multiple platforms!
Your white knight can't hit multiple platforms!

On the other hand, these other jobs can. I highly doubt you'd be able to wipe the entire map in one go like mechs & mages. Unless you have insane funding and movement speed..

As for me.. Quit before big bang patch came about (sold accounts near March 2010) and sold duped & enhance exploited items around Sept 2010.

Big Bang makes it too easy to level.. there's no fun in playing with 190s and 200s anymore lol. There are so many of them.

Basically, potentials + exp curve downgrade = fail. Maple should die out in 3 or 4 years :P As a matter of fact it's already dying out. Sadly. Used to be my fav. game for a good 3 years back in middle/high school.
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:50 AM   #46
tenltd
FFR Player

I haven't played MS in years. Is this change really for the better?
tenltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:53 AM   #47
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHandNow View Post
Your sader can't hit multiple platforms!
Your white knight can't hit multiple platforms!

On the other hand, these other jobs can. I highly doubt you'd be able to wipe the entire map in one go like mechs & mages. Unless you have insane funding and movement speed..

As for me.. Quit before big bang patch came about (sold accounts near March 2010) and sold duped & enhance exploited items around Sept 2010.

Big Bang makes it too easy to level.. there's no fun in playing with 190s and 200s anymore lol. There are so many of them.

Basically, potentials + exp curve downgrade = fail. Maple should die out in 3 or 4 years :P As a matter of fact it's already dying out. Sadly. Used to be my fav. game for a good 3 years back in middle/high school.
2 things: 1, Yes, a sader can hit multiple platforms, and 2, I wasn't talking about multi-platform killing. I was talking about leveling more than once per hour.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:50 PM   #48
sweet2kill210
I'm okay I guess
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to sweet2kill210 Send a message via Yahoo to sweet2kill210 Send a message via Skype™ to sweet2kill210

I just don't like Nexon's games. However, I still gave them a fair shot by trying out all the games they've released for quite a while. BUT, I love Vindictus. :3

Thanks Gold Stinger, you are amazing!

sweet2kill210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:08 AM   #49
Sakish
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sakish Send a message via MSN to Sakish Send a message via Skype™ to Sakish

ppl should come and play with me and detrimentalist on galicia
Really though, if you dont like it dont play it. Imo they did a good thing fixing the exp curve because getting 1% by 4m exp isnt really my part of fun

Nostalgic moment ftw
Old 01-23-2011, 04:20 PM   #50
IAAW
FFR Player

I decided I'm going to be playing MapleStory again for old times sake. I still remember how long it took to level up back in the day; I reached like level 5x on my low LUK cleric (I didn't crazily roll for a perfect 10 INT stat when starting) before I pretty much stopped playing MapleStory outside of playing private servers (which I stopped playing also, because private servers are hard to follow and it's more rewarding when you accomplish something in an actual, official server). I was like... 13 years old back then. Good times... good times.

I wonder if the old FFR clan is still around (Xenosite), although now it's probably well dead and gone. Though, at this point I'm going to be concentrating on playing the game rather than being social for the most part, so I'm going to care less about joining a guild or anything. Party Quests will likely be a different story; more or less though, I'll be mainly grinding and grinding on what I decide to grind on (outside of doing quests, which is probably the only thing I'm going to even be interested in). May stick with a specific armor set just for the lulz, also. (Real men wear low level equipment.)

At any rate, I'm mainly wanting to play again because I want to check out the Mechanic class. I may also check out battle mages, also, and I'll probably be starting a permabeginner for fun (it will probably also be my mule in that case). If that hair coupon quest is still around (in that marriage place, the slime-getting for a hair coupon I believe), I'll grind that until I get a desirable haircut. (It's probably not, but I'll check it out anyway, since I should still remember how to get there hopefully.)

In terms of being a Mechanic, what's the proper build for them? I've forgotten many of the old resource sites, and chances are they don't know the optimum stat build for Mechanics either. Considering that Mechanics are, well, mechanics, common sense tells me a good stat build is a mixture of DEX, STR, and INT, with probably a concentration in INT. Though, I'll probably be wrong, which is normally the case. At any rate, any advice on starting out as a Mechanic would be wonderful.

I'm probably not going to aim for a specific world, although I guess if a world is "officially" decided on here, I'll probably start on that if it's not too late. If anything else, it'll be a random world and I won't really care if any other FFR forum member plays within that world or not. I won't be that social, and if I do make friends it's not going to be that many.

In short, it's going to be weird playing MapleStory again. I haven't played it in a long time; sure has been a long time since I played. Been through a lot; I'm probably going to be annoyed by the community constantly (which happens because I'm likely going to be older than pretty much everyone else who's going to be playing MapleStory). But, like I said, it's for fun and for remembering the good old days when things were more care free and a lot more grindy.

tl;dr: Playing again for old time's sake on a new account. Planning on rolling a Mechanic, along with possibly a Battle Mage and a permabeginner for the lulz. Will concentrate on doing quests and grinding mainly, and will essentially do my own thing rather than trying to play competitively or otherwise being social. I will not be trying to make a profit on anything, and you will be glad to know that I'm not going to be bugging someone until they're batshit insane for cash equipment. (Ah... you're only naive for so long. Then you grow old and hate naive people. I wonder if I can find my old vChat awards thing and quote that hilarious outburst of mine.)
IAAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:03 PM   #51
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

see HERE'S the thing about maple.

you quit, you come back.

you quit, you come back.

some hacking / exploit ****s up the economy. you still play.

or maybe you quit.

but then you come back.

repeat.

it just sucks up your money like no tomorrow (if you do play as a high level guy, or if you hack then that's no problem for you)

dunno man. i just think maple's one of those games that you'll quit anyways in a few months or so. speaking from experience, maple just sucks up $$
Old 01-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #52
IAAW
FFR Player

Well, at the very least for me my main emphasis will be enjoying the game. I'm not going to be making any attempts to make any profit on anything, neither will I scour the marketplace in attempts to sell stuff and get rich. I'm not going to be buying anything from the cash shop (never have, never will), and I'm mainly going to try and get everything by myself instead of relying on the marketplace for my general needs.

In short, I'm going to try and have fun, rather than have my actions be influenced by cash shop items or peer pressure. You know, have fun. Or at least try to before I stop playing it again.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:24 PM   #53
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to chocobothief12

Well good luck with that whole thing. hopefully it doesn't lead you to leaving again. also, for mechanics, they are pretty much the exact same build as a gunslinger. your main stat will be dex, and your secondary is str=lvl
Battle mages are fun in my opinion, although you have to constantly do a lot of rebuffing.
They have a decent enough traveling speed with teleport, and a very lengthy chain for pulling out of reach enemies towards you. You'll mostly be spamming the same main attack for every job advance, just with an extra hit added each time. If that's your cup of coffee though then go for it.
chocobothief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #54
IAAW
FFR Player

Thanks with the advice. I'll probably end up leaving again sooner or later, since that's my general nature of things to stop playing something and then go back to it later. Overall, though, I do want to try out the Mechanic class, and maybe this time get all those quests done instead of letting them stack up. After my fix I'll probably end up leaving, though, but I'm going to try and enjoy every minute of it.

The music is what's going to give me the most flashbacks. >_>
Old 01-23-2011, 08:16 PM   #55
NeoMasterPie
Forum User

yo IAAW, play on galicia with me and sakish

NeoMasterPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:20 PM   #56
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

Proof that the game is easier (which I enjoy):

Last character I had = 37 assassin with 500k (after buying latest equips). This character was about a month's worth of work.

Newest character = 41 batt mage with 8.2mil. I've bought all my most recent equips too, and had about 10m at one point before buying equips/items.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:35 PM   #57
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMasterPie View Post
yo IAAW, play on galicia with me and sakish
A little late for that, sorry. I'm on one of the worlds that starts with the letter E (and I forget which one it is).

At any rate, spent some time on MapleStory (4 hours worth), and I'm at level 28 after minimal grinding and doing quests. I could probably level up faster if I wasn't so busy doing quests, but that's just me. So far, though, I'm digging the Mechanic class already, and loving it as well. I can't wait for the job advancement (at level 30) just to see what new skills I get.

I will say, though, MapleStory is much different now. Many of the older, classic maps that I used to know and love have pretty much either disappeared or have been altered. It's very different and because of that I've been having a slight bit of trouble getting around. I haven't really been anywhere else other than the usual places and towns, which have also been given a makeover. Very different than from what I remember, that's for sure.

@Kibblre: Yes, it's much easier now. I've pretty much just started and I've already racked up a small chunk of mesos. I'll probably have a larger excess of mesos, though, as I'm finding that there's not much you need to play a Mechanic class outside of the usual pots; the mech suit pretty much provides your defenses and attacks for you. I'd say Mechanic is a very easy-mode class, and is pretty simple to play from what I have gathered so far. It's pretty fun, as well.

(Yes, I used an unoriginal name.)
Old 01-24-2011, 01:05 AM   #58
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblre View Post
Proof that the game is easier (which I enjoy):

Last character I had = 37 assassin with 500k (after buying latest equips). This character was about a month's worth of work.

Newest character = 41 batt mage with 8.2mil. I've bought all my most recent equips too, and had about 10m at one point before buying equips/items.
but that's because the economy has changed drastically since then

the meso exploits that went on in 2009/2010 and item dupes that went on in early 2010 caused absolute mayhem

and i know this because i was part of it lol.

remember the pitch point exploits? how about last christmas' meso exploit? remember enhance hacked items?

the maple econ went to sh*ts. you can't buy anything good with 10mil nowadays.
you gotta have like, 1bil+ (which isn't too hard to get)

so yeah i don't know. back then 500k would've gotten you something. now it can't.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:18 PM   #59
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAAW View Post
Stuff
If you want to come into more mesos, there's a quest in NLC (take the Kerning City Subway) that'll give you a 60% scroll for glove for attack that you can sell in the FM for 8m easily. Some might even go higher. I sold mine for 8.5m.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #60
Sakish
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sakish Send a message via MSN to Sakish Send a message via Skype™ to Sakish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHandNow View Post
con went to sh*ts. you can't buy anything good with 10mil nowadays.
you gotta have like, 1bil+ (which isn't too hard to get)

LOL, nice bs dude. 1bil+ for any mapler that doesnt merch or buy nx is probably nonexistant.
To actually gain money, you have to be really lucky and find the some really good potential items, otherwise your left with scroll drops etc.