Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Contested Chart Difficulties
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What rating is appropriate for [ABCDEath] ?
D49 0 0%
D50 2 12.50%
D51 1 6.25%
D52 8 50.00%
Other 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2015, 04:18 AM   #1
FF_rules
FF Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default ABCDEath [49 ~ 52]

There's no way this song should be even in the 50's range tbh (High 49, or we can throw it in the low 50 range, the problem I'll state later.) Also semi-related note: Because of the new skill rating; this song is a very easy boost to your ranking if you're in D2 or lower.
Rank D Song Name ___ _Skill Rating. P G A M B
#1 56 ABCDEath _________50.630 375 8 0 0 2
#2 59 {Big Boss} __._ ____47.960 578 18 0 0 0
#3 56 Tambourin Chinois _ _47.679 663 13 0 0 0
#4 48 the Dream of Scarlet 47.028 473 1 0 0 0

Reasoning
1) Song breakdown: Short 1 minute song
20-30 seconds D20
20~ seconds of D40~
10 seconds of mid D50~ (just up and down mash can sometimes get you full perfects; this tied with the 1 minute song length means that eventually you could get a AAA if you did enough tries)
The song has 5 phases
Easiest Intro ~ short mash that picks up speed ~ jumps and singles at a fairly slow bpm ~ hard mash ~ easy finish

This said; the 3 easy parts should be perfectly AAA able even for someone in mid D2. The hard mash parts take some practice but otherwise it only takes 1 successful trial to get a AAA in this regard (Considering the first up down stream is actually fairly simple and straightforward)

2) Skill Rating system
Song breakdown alone might justify it still being in low D50's, since it's still a challenge to AAA. The second problem is with the new system (24 good threshold not even being an issue for a song with ~300 notes).
The idea of the D56 rating for this song was under pretense to AAA; when we consider scores that go for SDG the issue becomes apparent, it's way too easy to mash it out.
I don't think I really need to clarify this issue; though I have no idea how to rate the difficulty, in part that I have no idea how difficulties should be to begin with (it just felt way too easy for a D56 compared to everything else).

3) Division 3 threshold challenge (AAA a D50+ song)
This might be the easiest song to brute force a AAA on for unlocking the token song. I don't know if it'll be a completely valid reason to knock it down all the way to D49; honestly the second mash is just random enough with the polyrhythm (or what seems like one, I never bothered to analyze it in slow mo). That said; this song is really awkward... I wouldn't know where to place it (Which is why I gave it such a loose Difficulty alteration).

A replay for anyone interested in what the song looks like.
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...replay/307809/
FF_rules is offline   Reply With Quote