Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 12:20 AM   #1
jonathanasdf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to jonathanasdf
Default FFR's Next Polymath

YOU MAY SIGN UP ANY TIME DURING THE TOURNEY

For all of you who don't know, a polymath is a person who is skilled at a variety of things, which may differ drastically from each other.

THIS TOURNEY IS ABOUT THE SEARCH FOR FFR'S NEXT POLYMATH.
WHO IS THE MOST VARIED AND MOST SKILLED PERSON IN FFR? WE'RE HERE TO FIND OUT.

This is basically a for-fun tourney. I have often been frustrated by those PA tourneys, which are impossible for me =P

Thus, this tourney is supposed to be something drastically different. There will be FFR playing, but smooshed in will be various different kinds of tests, challenges, quizzes, and whatnot. Just because you can AAA 400+ songs doesn't mean you are going to do good in this tourney. Anything can happen here =P

This tournament will have.... A number of rounds, to be decided. Each round will last different amounts of time.

The tasks will mainly be completion, but there will also be bonus tasks and speed tasks. Speed tasks will be at least 1 day long. Rounds never end, except for speed rounds.

This will be based on a points system. A completion will result in 1000 points, and a % completion will result in that % for the score, rounded up.

Example:

A task to PA a certain song, which has 1000 notes.

Player A gets an AAA
Player B gets 953 perfects.

The scoring will be:

Player A: 1000
Player B: 953

There will be 2 categories, Easy and Hard. These categories are ONLY for the FFR rounds. I will place you according to your FFR skill.

TO SIGN UP, THIS WILL BE A BIT DIFFERENT.

Solve a riddle, and PM me the screenshot.

In FFR, songs there are,
Each of different lengths.
Find the song that's the shortest one,
NO! Don't AAA, you must get,
At least 5 goods and pass.

DONATIONS ARE WELCOMED. In fact, I only have a total of 10k credits. So, this will be mainly based on donations.

However, you don't have to donate now. In fact, try it out, and if you like it donate some credits =P

Anyhow, even if there aren't lots of donations, the tourney will still go on. Sure there aren't any major prizes, but being able to be called FFR's Polymath is quite prestigious.

DONATIONS:

1.KilikOdagawa - 10000 credits
2.llama499 - 5000 credits
3.TSB_[DogPoop] - 5000 credits
4.L0NEvvolf - 2500 credits
5.darkness3608 - 1500 credits
6.funmonkey54 - 1000 credits

Last edited by jonathanasdf; 03-29-2008 at 10:18 PM.. Reason: want a way to beat tass? there is an EASY way to get 50,000+ points, and overtake tass... if tass doesn't find it
Old 02-29-2008, 12:20 AM   #2
jonathanasdf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR's Next Polymath

Reviewing, summing up points, distributing prizes. Going to see what I am going to do about the unfairness soon.

Tournament Long Task:
Make a banner for this tourney. I will use the best submitted banner in my signature. Only one submission will count for points per person.

Submit any banner and you receive 200 points. At the end of the tourney, the best banner receives 1000 points.

Teh DogPoop wins, but it doesn't make a difference

Code:
1. Funmonkey54
2. Netjet!
3. Darkness3608
4. TSB_[DogPoop]   
5. Problems
6. jump_the_bullet
7. KlingPosnot
8. silvercomet1525
9. Tass (pending =P)
10. Fractal_Monkey
11. RoastedNoob (OMFG FULL GOODED IT O.o)
12. EDEdDNEdDYFaN
13. llama499
14. Tidus810
15. sc979
16. customstuff
17. L0NEvvolf
18. StepmaniaGod6969
19. Ponygonpwns  At least she's intelligible!
20. mike2727
21. gabgabo
22. kjwkjw
23. Commandersa1
24. Tophius
RANKINGS:

Code:
Total
0 Tasselfoot                   32174             -a nice cookie
1 Commandersa1                 14864             -25,000
2 Tophius                      14812             -25,000
3 Darkness3608                 13781             -20,000
4 jump_the_bullet               9494             -2,000
5 Tidus810                      8746             -2,000
6 Funmonkey54                   7291             -2,000
7 TSB_[DogPoop]                 6060             -2,000
8 Fractal_Monkey                4558             -2,000
9 gabgabo                       3600
10 llama499                     2586
11 EDEdDNEdDYFaN                2098
12 sc979                        1859
13 Netjet!                      1773
14 kjwkjw                       1300
15 Silvercomet1525              1299
16 RoastedNoob                   200
16 customstuff                   200
18 Ponygonpwns                    50
19 Problems                        0
20 KlingPosnot                     0
21 L0NEvvolf                       0
22 StepmaniaGod6969                0
23 mike2727                        0

Hello! didn't expect this did you?
I wonder what's in my random thoughts.

Last edited by jonathanasdf; 04-4-2008 at 01:40 AM.. Reason: There is even more than what meets the eye..
Old 02-29-2008, 12:23 AM   #3
jonathanasdf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

ARCHIVED ROUNDS:

In FFR, songs there are,
Each of different lengths.
Find the song that's the shortest one,
NO! Don't AAA, you must get,
At least 5 goods to pass.

Remember: PM it to me, or it will give the answer to the riddle away.
Bonus uber hard round: Full Good combo that song - 200 points

Hey! The first file with hands is out! Try your best at comboing Blooddrunk [heavy]. 300 points for full combo!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The brave adventurers start their quest, and although the darkness looms, they stand oblivious to the danger.

ROUND 1:

Being a polymath means that you have to be talented in all areas. Being a FFR forum, what better place to start than FFR?

Scores are calculated as a % of the maximum score. AAAs receive 1000 points automatically.

Easy: SOUND OF MY DREAM (Dance) OR LEGEND OF ZELDA (Arcade)
Hard: 101 KITTENS (Funk) OR Blooddrunk (Funk)

Game Bonus:
Try to get as many goods as possible in the following songs. Combo doesn't matter. Will be counted as a % of the total # of goods.

Easy: Burnout
Hard: BB Revenge

Full comboing the song with all goods will earn you 600 points. However, I don't expect that is possible.

Mental Bonus:
I like math, and you should too! Also, this is FFR. Do you know how the scores are calculated? http://www.xqsite.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=55584

Knowing that now, there are some scores I'd like you to find xD PM the answers

#1 - Straight Arithmetics
50 points - What is the maximum score I can get with that statistics?
50 points - What is the minimum score?
100 points bonus - What did I get on it that run?
#2 - Harder - No Combos
100 points - Maximum score?
100 points - Minimum?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
-Berthold Auerbach

ROUND 2

This round, plus subsequent rounds, extensively use Kongregate. Please register for an account if you do not have one, and if your Kongregate username differs from this one, please PM me your Kongregate name.

I WANT YOUR USERNAME SHOWING ON ALL SCREENSHOTS, like this:

By the way, since the 'history' of Tass' tourney, FFR people have kinda taken over the room Arcane Coding, so make your way there.

Beat Argent Burst, and submit a screenshot of it beat, with your username showing - 400 points

Complete all 4 levels of Music in Motion, with a screenshot - 600 points

PLEASE HAVE YOUR SOUND TURNED ON OR YOU CAN'T ENJOY THESE FUN GAMES =D
THIS ROUND IS ALL ABOUT HAVING FUN. ITS QUITE EASY TO BEAT THESE.

Mental Bonus:

In FFR, quarter notes are Blue, while half notes are Red. What colour should a third note be? Please be creative, and do not use any colours that are already in FFR. (no purple xD) - 200 points

ROUND 3
Your computer comes with a mouse for a reason. It is now, that your skills with a mouse shall be tested. Only the most cooperative team will move on, so treat your mouse nicely!

On Kongregate, play Areas, and reach the highest possible level you can. Each level is worth 100/3 points, and as long as you get to level 30 you finish this challenge, earning you 1000 points.

Similarily, play Streamline, and survive the music. You may remember this from a past Pepsi commercial. Each life you have remaining will give you 200 points!

BONUSES BONUSES!

Gravitee - Play this fun mouse-only game of space golf, and unlock achievements. Each achievement you unlock is worth 50 points!
Avoider - The amount of time you last is your points. Beware: going off screen resets your time. 750 points max.

Mental Problems Its not me who has them its you xD

Do we really need a mouse? The entire computer system can be navigated easily and quicker with just a keyboard. Especially in programming, mouses are unnecesary. So, what is the point to keeping mouses? In a short 200 word essay (xD I'm evil) please explain to me why mouses are useful. You will be marked out of 500 for:

1. Clarity
2. Persuation
3. Spelling and Grammar xD
4. At least 5 reasons.

It is only 200 words please don't over-do it too much I don't want to read 2000 word essays :S

ROUND 4

Playing FFR REQUIRES that you have a keyboard, so you must treat it well. How well have you been treating YOUR keyboard?

On Kongregate, play Rhythm Fireworks 2, and your total score / 1500 is your points.

Next, you can try your hand at the Line Game. Bring your total time with a Keyboard below 1200 seconds and you will receive points. a time of 200 seconds or less automatically gives you 1000 points, and 1000 seconds gives you 200 points, etc. (biased towards tass again...)

BONUSES!

Imagine you were indestructable.... how would that be like? Try it out! Finish all the missions and receive 500 points!

This next game tests your keyboard, along with your mouse and your reaction speeds.
Play Triangles and survive as long as you can. The time you stay alive*5/2 is your points (2 minutes gives you 300 points)

Mental Problems Its not me who has them its you xD

Please design your own keyboard, and include a small paint-drawn picture of it. In 200 words, explain to me:

1. Its specifications
2. Why is it special
3. How is this specialized keyboard better than the one you have now

This is out of 500 again.

ROUND 5

Where would we be today without TD? Wait... nevermind. Anyways, this round is a TD round. Good luck and happy whoring.

Today, a revolution has come to TD games. Play Tarnation and save your precious stream! Your score/100 is your points.

Yes, the classic we all enjoy. Desktop TD is back! Being a random person, your score/9 will be your points. This must be on Hard mode, however.

BONUSES!

There are 4 other TD games that have honourable mentions. Pick two of them and get your points.

Onslaught 2.1: The level you reach on MEDIUM mode *2 is your points.
Ant Buster: Bash those ants and receive points equal to your score / 20.
Vector TD 2: On NORMAL mode, any map, get points equal to your score / 1000.
Flash Element TD: On one of the first TD games, the points you get is your score / 100.

Mental Bonuses

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...asdf/vctor.jpg

As seen on this picture, there are two paths, and one turret guarding it. The turret has a radius of 3.5 units. Assuming that:

You have 10 vectors - 600 hp each
They move at 1 unit/second
The turret deals 200hp / second damage on 1 vector
55% spread damage to everything within 0.5 units of that unit

Assume the turret attacks the closest vector, and locks onto it until it dies. When the center of that vector enters within range then it will start attacking. Vectors can only move in straight lines, and the center is what counts.

Assuming that you can choose when the vectors are deployed, which paths should they choose? when they should be deployed? and how long will they last? You want as many of them to survive as possible.

This is out of 1000. there will be partial credit for attemps.
There are ways to cheat this xD

ROUND 6

Today, there are a huge pile of very easy puzzle games to mess your brain around. Complete EACH of the following games, and recieve 300 points from each completed game. If you have already completed it, just post in this forum which games you have completed and I will check the scores, so no need to post 20 screenshots.

Open doors
Portal Flash version
Shift
5 differences
Excit
Factory Balls
Visitor - both ways
Sola Rola
Starshine
Idiot Test 4

BONUSES!

You will not be able to beat these... well you might be able to. If you beat it you get 300 points, if you don't beat it you get partial credit.

Fold - Double + Uneasy Mode
Hexiom
contour
impossible quiz (Not 2)
Balance Balls 2 - Time * 2 up to 300 points (150 seconds)
wOne2

ROUND 7 - Second Last Round

There are just too many good action/adventure games, so I've decided to pick a lot of them xD

Fancy Pants World 2 - Beat the game, while getting all the badges and all the colours - 1000 points for completion

Platform Racing - Infernal Hop, get as fast a time as possible. Score will be calculated accordingly. - Tass' suggestion: 20000/time. I've gotten under 20 seconds so 1000 is quite easy to get.

DO2 - Go as high as you possibly can. score is your height, with a max score of 2000. I will not take previous scores, so you must submit a new one.

Mardek - Complete the game. Its easy, and its fun. - 1000 points. No points for part completions.

BONUSES!

A new boxheads is out - Score / 500000 is points capped at 1000 points. Its not that hard, if you start on medium or hard mode.

RUN! RUN! RUNNNNN!! - Finish all 25 levels. Level completed x 40 is score (lvl 25 completed is 1000 points)

Can you survive the 4 second firestorm - Complete the Original Endurance Mode. Your score is your lives remaining * 100, and if you don't finish, the score will be calculated according to how long you survive.

We all need a bit of unfairness in our lives - Score will depend on your max level completed *200 - the lives you lost * 10

Mental Bonuses

I am an unusual human, and so is this paragraph. It is just about as unusual as asdf. How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about this paragraph? It looks plain and normal, but it is just unusual in a way. Should you find out what is so unusual about this paragraph, and I think Tass will find it, PM for 200 points.

Extremely hilarious one I found: Worth no points though. Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter?

ROUND 8 - Final Round

RPG Round. Have fun taking part in the lives of video game characters, and hope you've had as fun as I had in this tournament.

We start off on the light side, with a fun point and click RPG game, SPROUT. Beat the game, for 500 points.
We all love crappy graphics right? Well the graphics in Trapped 4 can't really be called crappy... so beat the game, and receive 500 points.
We are bad, we are REALLLYYYY bad... at least dear Johnny is.... help him in this sequal, complete the game, and receive 500 points.
Finally, here is another Johnny... or Jon to be more exact. Help him commit all 7 of the deadly sins, and earn him a place in hell.

BONUSES!

Starting from the easiest. and getting harder. InternetRPG, get to a level below 20 to receive points equal to your level * 10.
Here is one of my truly favoritest games (don't comment on spelling). It is... Pieces! Receive points = to your score / 100. Beat the game for an added 200 point bonus! (you can load after beating the game to get more points)

Mental Bonuses

This mental is not going to be a passive one. It will be VERY difficult. Try your best to complete the game in Submachine 4, and receive 1000 points (or part of it for an attempt). Walkthroughs will only cheat yourself! >.<

Last edited by jonathanasdf; 04-3-2008 at 08:40 PM..
Old 02-29-2008, 12:33 AM   #4
silvercomet1525
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to silvercomet1525

In! Looks fun

Edit: Note to self; Read the post before saying "In"

Tier Points: 537 (519 + 18 for 664 AAAs)
(7/29/09)

Last edited by silvercomet1525; 02-29-2008 at 12:35 AM..
Old 02-29-2008, 12:35 AM   #5
jonathanasdf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

ahem... look at the post before saying something. Just saying in won't get you anywhere =P

Edit:
haha you caught yourself
Old 02-29-2008, 09:29 AM   #6
L0NEvvolf
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to L0NEvvolf

i want to be in it and im gonna donate and i read the post so yea im gonna send a SS
Old 02-29-2008, 06:54 PM   #7
jonathanasdf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Hmm Need a bit more sign ups, so for now I will start it 1 day later see if I get more sign ups. Otherwise I might just cancel it, or save it for some later time.

Tell all your friends, put it in your sig, and lets see how many people we can have rocking here =D

Remember: IF there are more sign ups, there is a chance for more donations, meaning the pot may be bigger =D

Oh and if you have any games that you think you might want me to consider for the tourney, PM me it. No it will NOT all be flash/FFR games, there will be tons of other unrelated tasks =P

Last edited by jonathanasdf; 02-29-2008 at 06:58 PM..
Old 02-29-2008, 06:56 PM   #8
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

K i'll send one.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:13 PM   #9
jonathanasdf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

rofl guys medium got removed due to everyone having 300+ FCs.

Might merge beginner with hard after the FFR rounds and have one group for the other rounds.

btw, this was inspired by:

L0NEvvolf
Devonin
Tass
Quad/Rubix

Ty77le77r77 - HOW DO YOU DARE MAKE A TOURNEY BEFORE ME.

Btw L0NE thx for sending me that challenge for Otaku Heavy. I'm whoring it now. Right now the best score is...

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...dvibeheavy.jpg

Last edited by jonathanasdf; 02-29-2008 at 08:16 PM..
Old 02-29-2008, 08:16 PM   #10
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra

Lol, Tyler's about to get pwnt.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #11
jonathanasdf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Yeah. umm. Netjet do you really belong in easy? Or do you have an alt lol. I'm guessing not cause of your replays..
Old 02-29-2008, 08:18 PM   #12
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra

I don't have an alt.

:P
Old 02-29-2008, 08:21 PM   #13
jonathanasdf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Ok almost 10 signups. I might start this on time (march 2nd) if enough people sign up =P
Old 03-1-2008, 02:32 AM   #14
llama499
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to llama499 Send a message via MSN to llama499 Send a message via Yahoo to llama499

here is 5k credits

Sent
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
hehe good thing your not in my division so i dont have to worry about you.
Old 03-1-2008, 09:00 AM   #15
jonathanasdf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

k thx. 1 more day till the start. But, we dont even have 10 sign ups yet! Come on people! Ask around, talk to your friends, and lets see if we can get more people.
Old 03-1-2008, 10:07 AM   #16
darkness3608
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darkness3608 Send a message via MSN to darkness3608 Send a message via Yahoo to darkness3608

jon ill join sent a screenshot
but I would like to be in easy

4th place in jons FFR Polymath
5th place in Funmonkeys and kjwkjw's tourney

Last edited by darkness3608; 03-1-2008 at 10:19 AM..
Old 03-1-2008, 07:09 PM   #17
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR

nothx, riddles arn't my thing"

EDIT: W/e sign me up.;
Old 03-1-2008, 07:10 PM   #18
jonathanasdf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

lol there won't be any riddles. what makes you think this is a riddles tourney? (well there will be puzzles... and questions, and trivia, and flash games that test your reactions, skills, proness, and patience =P)
Old 03-1-2008, 07:14 PM   #19
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanasdf View Post
lol there won't be any riddles. what makes you think this is a riddles tourney? (well there will be puzzles... and questions, and trivia, and flash games that test your reactions, skills, proness, and patience =P)
Quote:
Old 03-1-2008, 07:17 PM   #20
EDEdDNEdDYFaN
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EDEdDNEdDYFaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanasdf View Post

Closed Thread