Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you like Guitar Hero? (Any version)
Yes, I love it. 62 61.39%
It's ok. 25 24.75%
No, I don't like it. 3 2.97%
I f***ing hate it!!! 11 10.89%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2007, 01:41 AM   #41
TD_AIDS
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TD_AIDS Send a message via MSN to TD_AIDS
Default Re: Who else hates Guitar Hero???

bandwagoning for agreeing with somebody and liking a game. Hm.

EDIT: that was pretty stupid when they said BMUS is a knock-off of Guitar Hero. I personally like IIDX more than GH, but got sick of the small song selection of BMUS.

Last edited by TD_AIDS; 06-20-2007 at 02:10 AM..
TD_AIDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:15 AM   #42
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer View Post
**** you Guido for that comic that had no bearing to my argument at all.
Hi, Chromer, my name is Reading Comprehension. I don't believe we've met.

When did I say my comic was directed at you?

In fact, did I NOT say in my VERY NEXT post that I was directing the comic at the OP and NOT you?

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:20 AM   #43
Hawbs
FFR Player

Quote:
1. It was made for the peoplewho are too untalented to actually play guitar.
I happen to know for a fact that bands play GH in their tour bus before concerts.

Quote:
2. It makes the player feel accomplished.
You're right. Everybody plays video games to feel unaccomplished.

Why do you really hate the game?

Hawbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:01 AM   #44
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

Cheers Guido for posting that comic. I was reading the whole thread hoping someone would post it before I finished. That comic has actually helped me out in an argument with people before as well lol. I was playing Jordan on hard and had like a 99% score at the end and my brother (who plays guitar) saw that I was really happy and said, "So? Try playing it on real guitar then". The idiot. As if 99% the song (and it's the song Jordan) made me think, "WOOAA OMG, I could totally play it IRL now".

I've had people say, "PLAY REAL GUITAR!" to me a few times and I've basically quoted that comic, just said it in my own way. It always works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoecool1991 View Post
Guitar Hero music sucks because they are mostly covers, which almost always suck.
What? Most of the covers are better than the originals (Woman, Tonight I'm Gunna Rock You etc). Go compare them. There's a few that don't sound quite as good as the original but they are amazing covers. They're the best covers I've heard in fact. The only cover that I was a bit iffy about was Laid to Rest in GHII. The cover was amazing but the singer sounds off.

That's such a BS statement. I almost certain your trying to pick holes in the game with that. That or you haven't even played the game.

Last edited by SethSquall; 06-20-2007 at 08:24 AM..
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:54 AM   #45
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

What the hell, Chromer?

"Guitar Freaks + Frequency + Amplitude" sounds like it should appeal well enough to overcome most anything. The songlist... well, it's an American game, of course it's going to have American music. They're not going to make an American game and put your favorite **** underground NONAMERICAN music in it because it won't sell and the average buyer won't care. Think of how much work FFR has put into getting the few Japanese artists we have. Now imagine HAVING MONEY INVOLVED IN THE DEALINGS. It's not worth it monetarily, and no one is going to buy a game just because it has some random foreign song they have never heard of. The songlist has to be impressive. If it had NO MAINSTREAM AT ALL, it would sell poorly compared to how it is now. Who tries out Guitar Hero because they're a fan of FreezePop?

Also, holy **** I just checked out a few vids of Frequency and Amplitude because I never bothered before. All I have to say is that it's a promising game concept, but the music is NOTHING WORTH WRITING HOME ABOUT IF YOU GET WHAT I'M SAYING.

Point is: you play an American guitar sim, you are going to be hearing American rock music, most of which will be of the mainstream variety.

Quote:
And don't let me get started on how X-Play called BMUS a rip-off of GH.
Beatmania ripped off FFR.

Does me saying that make FFR suck?

Also, your analysis comparing Guitar Hero to GF and Harmonix's other games is totally wrong. "WOW HAS SAME PERSPECTIVE OF NOTE DELIVERY DEFINITELY THE SAME THING". You can play Stepmania and ITG with that perspective too. If you're going to make any sort of claim of a formula for Guitar Hero, it should be:

Guitar Freaks + more buttons and "whammy bar" + American songlist

Actually.. Does Guitar Freaks have a mode which is activated by holding the guitar peripheral up? I know it doesn't actually effect gameplay (aside from removing the color of the notes), but yeah whatever.

And yeah, the covers are better for sure... would you rather have the original and have ****ty syncing? They're not even noticeable most of the time, and the only time it became apparent for me was when I was playing Heart Shaped Box and the singer pronounced the word a little different than I was expecting because Heart Shaped Box is one of my favorite Nirvana songs.

ps Chromer, have you checked out Frets on Fire or Guitar Zero? You can play whatever the **** **** music you want on those.

Last edited by Afrobean; 06-20-2007 at 08:59 AM..
Afrobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:23 AM   #46
Tibs
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Tibs

You get bonus points for tilting the guitar on certain notes on GF.
Tibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:27 AM   #47
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

I'm left-handed on guitar. They only make right-handed guitars for that game. Plus, it's nothing at all like playing a guitar. You hit like 5 different frets and do pinched harmonics without a bend or anything. DragonForce doesn't use the 5 lowest frets for the 6 strings. They use the wammy-bar, and petals, and tons of other cool sh*t and GH thinks they can put that on their game!? It's a cheap rip-off of playing guitar. No one should play that game. If you want to play guitar, BUY A GUITAR! Get some lessons too. If you can't afford lessons, teach yourself using tablature. Case closed, GH sucks, all people who have become gawdly at it are complete utter morons.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:05 AM   #48
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

You can play it left handed you retard. Also, have you been reading the thread at all? AT ALL? Did you read the comic posted? I seriously doubt you have. Although, if you have, there's no hope for you. I mean, I could argue with you but there would be no point. This thread has already put your views in your place before you even made that post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter View Post
Jesus I just realised. Your that pony tail window licker from the comic aren't you.

Last edited by SethSquall; 06-20-2007 at 11:09 AM..
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:06 AM   #49
thunderstrike687
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to thunderstrike687

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-o24 View Post
I'm left-handed on guitar. They only make right-handed guitars for that game. Plus, it's nothing at all like playing a guitar. You hit like 5 different frets and do pinched harmonics without a bend or anything. DragonForce doesn't use the 5 lowest frets for the 6 strings. They use the wammy-bar, and petals, and tons of other cool sh*t and GH thinks they can put that on their game!? It's a cheap rip-off of playing guitar. No one should play that game. If you want to play guitar, BUY A GUITAR! Get some lessons too. If you can't afford lessons, teach yourself using tablature. Case closed, GH sucks, all people who have become gawdly at it are complete utter morons.

-o24

All of you like this kid need to shut the **** up. Honestly. For the 10 millionth time, WE DON'T CARE THAT IT ISN'T LIKE PLAYING A REAL GUITAR. I play guitar, and I play guitar hero. And you know what? I LIKE GUITAR HERO. It's a fun game, and no, not because it is like playing a guitar, but because it is a fun rhythm game based off of a guitar-like concept. No one gives a damn that real guitar is harder, I mean, ffs, most people who play have never touched a guitar, and therefore could care less. They enjoy a game. I don't know what the hell is so ****ing difficult to understand.

If you dont like it, fine, but it shouldn't be because "LOL GEETAR HEERO IS LEIK GHEY ADN ISNT A REEL GEETAR LOLZ"

In conclusion, basically, if you are going to hate it, hate it for a reason that makes sense, not because people who play guitar hero are too untalented to play a real guitar. gtfo.

PS YOU CAN FLIP THE GUITAR YOU MORON IN OPTIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
yea, this subscription giveaway is more fun than watching two lesbians engage in foreplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy_2004
i love a food
thunderstrike687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:18 AM   #50
blargherness
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blargherness

Quote:
No one should play that game. If you want to play guitar, BUY A GUITAR!
Not everyone who plays the game plays it because they want to be a guitar player. They play it because it's fun. It's a video game.

Quote:
Get some lessons too. If you can't afford lessons, teach yourself using tablature. Case closed, GH sucks, all people who have become gawdly at it are complete utter morons.
Saying all who are good at a videogame are morons is probably the most naive thing I've ever heard. Now I guess you'll say Shash is a moron because he's 'gawdly' at FFR, right? How the hell does that make sense?
Seriously, it's a videogame, not all players are like "I'm totally a professional guitar player now. Who wants to challenge me to a battle of the bands? I don't have a guitar yet but I could go get one soon! I could probably find someone to sponsor my awesome skills!"

People play it because it's fun. As said before, just look at DDR. EVERYONE who plays that knows it is nothing like actual dancing, so why are you saying people who play GH must not realize that real guitar is different?
DDR players don't want to be on "so you think you can dance?" and GH players (usually unless they actually ARE good at guitar which is possible) don't feel like they should be in a battle of the bands. Two completely different things, so they should not be connected.
Besides, a game should be rated on how fun it is, not on the attitude of the people who play it.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:20 AM   #51
Tibs
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Tibs

oh my god i laughed so hard

guitar hero is a rip off of a guitar lmfao
Tibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:42 AM   #52
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Afrobean, I know you meant well with the FFR/Beatmania comment but come on man: Beatmania a rip-off of FFR?

Just let that sink in for a moment. Beatmania first was released in 1998. FFR officially started sometime in 2002/2003. Does that make any sense?

Also, I never said that your weren't allowed to have fun while playing GH, but honestly GH gets boring really fast. Boring != fun but I guess it does to some people.

Songwise, if you remember, Ready 2 Rokk was a song from Amplitude that made it onto GH. That is all.

Also, sorry forthe comment Guido. I saw Tibs call me a wapanese ****** and lost control.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:50 AM   #53
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Afrobean, I know you meant well with the FFR/Beatmania comment but come on man: Beatmania a rip-off of FFR?

EMPTY SPACE FUNNY LOL

Just let that sink in for a moment. Beatmania first was released in 1998. FFR officially started sometime in 2002/2003. Does that make any sense?
You do know what irony is, right? After your example regarding BM and GH, I would assume that you do, but your accusation of me not understanding implies that you do not.

Quote:
GH gets boring really fast. Boring != fun but I guess it does to some people.
It doesn't get boring any faster than any other rhythm game, and I am sure there are at least a few popular ones which get boring faster.

Quote:
Songwise, if you remember, Ready 2 Rokk was a song from Amplitude that made it onto GH. That is all.
I stand by my previous statement about the music being "nothing worth writing home about". I only mentioned Freezepop because it was the only "unknown" artist/band/whatever in GH that I could think of.

Quote:
I saw Tibs call me a wapanese ****** and lost control.
That's ok, Chromer, all know you're not a ******.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:41 PM   #54
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethSquall View Post
Cheers Guido for posting that comic. I was reading the whole thread hoping someone would post it before I finished. That comic has actually helped me out in an argument with people before as well lol. I was playing Jordan on hard and had like a 99% score at the end and my brother (who plays guitar) saw that I was really happy and said, "So? Try playing it on real guitar then". The idiot. As if 99% the song (and it's the song Jordan) made me think, "WOOAA OMG, I could totally play it IRL now".

I've had people say, "PLAY REAL GUITAR!" to me a few times and I've basically quoted that comic, just said it in my own way. It always works.

What? Most of the covers are better than the originals (Woman, Tonight I'm Gunna Rock You etc). Go compare them. There's a few that don't sound quite as good as the original but they are amazing covers. They're the best covers I've heard in fact. The only cover that I was a bit iffy about was Laid to Rest in GHII. The cover was amazing but the singer sounds off.

That's such a BS statement. I almost certain your trying to pick holes in the game with that. That or you haven't even played the game.

Um, guitar hero is one of my favorite games.
I have 3 songs left to get the log.
The cover singer of Free Bird is so terrible, it hurts to play that song.
I was saying that most covers in general suck. Not that all the covers in guitar hero sucks.
sjoecool1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #55
alster1
What is this I don't even
FFR Veteran

you're gay.
gh is awesome, and you probably dont like it because you suck at it
Old 06-20-2007, 04:45 PM   #56
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alster1 View Post
you're gay.
gh is awesome, and you probably dont like it because you suck at it
I NEVER SAID I DIDN'T LIKE IT.
I CLEARLY said that is is one of my favorite games.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:46 PM   #57
alster1
What is this I don't even
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoecool1991 View Post
I NEVER SAID I DIDN'T LIKE IT.
I CLEARLY said that is is one of my favorite games.
no no no...
i was talkin to the thread starter...
sorry, i was too lazy to quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:51 PM   #58
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

You should have quoted, all you do is click the quote button under his post.
I would have been easier for me to understand your post that way.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:52 PM   #59
Smok3y
∞+1
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Smok3y

Quote:

Not that it really matters, but Super SprØde was the Freezepop song on Amplitude. Sorry but I'm obligated to be an absolute elitist prick when it comes to Amplitude. =)

Smok3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:28 PM   #60
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo

Quote:
It's Guitar Freaks + Frequency + Amplitude - Good Music + Well Known American Rock = Guitar Hero.
Franz Ferdinand is good music you ****ing Blackanese. ONGAKU KARU NO NIPPON DESU NEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote:
And don't let me get started on how X-Play called BMUS a rip-off of GH.
Yeah X-Play was really ignorant about that but if you hate GH more because of it then you're seriously just a dumbass.

I don't like the fact that both of them have really ****ing long songs and I don't like the fact that GH1 is extremely ****ing easy. Well, they're both not that hard. Not too bad of a game, though. Fun at parties when you FINALLY GET A CHANCE TO PLAY.