Old 08-22-2018, 01:40 PM   #1961
Celirra
FFR Player
 
Celirra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London, Ontario
Age: 24
Posts: 745
Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra
Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
The opinion expressed by Cel about it being necessary to lynch TPS [assuming TPS does not meet the req] is wrong. It assumes that because TPS will die, we should instead kill him [there is no difference between sleeping and lynching him in this scenario].

The only difference between lynching tps today and tomorrow in thus example is that another nightkill [at least, presumably only one nightkill] occurs. We would be in relatively similar situations and presumably the same number of lynches would be at our disposal.
This is wrong for the simple reason that it is not actually wrong that if 2 town dies in this day then we would lose which is the assumption I was expanding on; I know it's fun and grand to make me look wrong but I'm not wrong on my analysis of that assumption

I also dont have any idea what you're trying to say in the second half of your post lol
__________________
,,
 ,_, -ー'"{
 ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 01:41 PM   #1962
Celirra
FFR Player
 
Celirra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London, Ontario
Age: 24
Posts: 745
Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra
Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I will probably not have time to lead today in the way you are saying. I was going to post on it in a sec, but the way he plowed into today immediately voting me reminds me of when he was a wolf in the turbo and tunneled u without evaluating too much else. I believe he is the only person to not comment on my DBP check theory aside from TPS.

I dont think I'm the only one that cares about that at all.
You're really banking on meta to justify bad calls eh?
I didnt see a point commenting much on it because I dont think its valid enough to warrant comment
__________________
,,
 ,_, -ー'"{
 ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 01:43 PM   #1963
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 27
Posts: 405
Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tps222 View Post
I think it's absolutely ridiculous that there is a mysterious activity requirement when the person in question had already voted during the day prior, I have no idea how to satisfy the condition at this point, do I just repeatedly spam posts until I hit a certain number, is it a certain number of "quality" posts?
The absolute strictest requirement I can see it being is 10 or more quality posts. It's probably like 10 posts or 5 quality posts would be my guess. Just post what you can, and it will probably satisfy the quality part of the requirement.

The reason it is a mystery makes... some amount of sense to me. Last game, there certainly was at least one example of someone very clearly trying to meet exactly the minimum requirement, which was publicly stated.
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 01:44 PM   #1964
Celirra
FFR Player
 
Celirra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London, Ontario
Age: 24
Posts: 745
Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra
Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

You're literally conveniently picking pieces of me from a game that was what, over a year ago and in a vastly different environment, in order to fit your narrative that you're refusing to budge on except when it gives you the guise of a more complex personality?
As happy as I am that you're playing your "own game", your own game boils down to either stubbornness as town to the point of detriment, or nigh open wolfing in tone
__________________
,,
 ,_, -ー'"{
 ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 01:49 PM   #1965
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 27
Posts: 405
Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tps222 View Post
I also think it's ridiculous that the top 3 posters have 200+ posts in this span, they literally have as many posts as the entire rest of the game combined. It's so far above and beyond the rest of the game's pace that I think it actively hurts the game worse than my inactivity has, it makes it almost impossible for me to come home from work and want to read 10 pages of it.
This is an interesting and somewhat common stance. I believe the reason that FFR became so post centric is a result of certainly the increased rarity of OOTC games, but also a result of towns posting more and more in an effort to make it harder for the wolves to hide behind inactivity.

It is exceedingly rare for a modern player to complain about specific players posting so much that the thread becomes hard to read. Most of the posts are relatively short, and posts that are longer than 2 developed paragraphs are basically nonexistent.

I think you will find it easier to catch up than you may expect.
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 01:53 PM   #1966
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 27
Posts: 405
Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
nvm I read it but sunfan still awoo
Ok, I see what this means now.

In response to A, you need to explain why for reason[s] b etc you still think this.
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 01:58 PM   #1967
Celirra
FFR Player
 
Celirra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London, Ontario
Age: 24
Posts: 745
Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra
Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
Ok, I see what this means now.

In response to A, you need to explain why for reason[s] b etc you still think this.
I think I've covered the groundwork for why you're wolfy to me so far; the reason I dont reeeaaaalllly like the whole dbp thing is because it does rely on assumptions about backpack and his posting, which is an assumption I'm not about to make and that I'm not about to trust you on, and it seems foolish for me to allow some assumptions being promoted mostly by someone I see as a wolf to use said assumptions that are unprovable to clear said person I see as a wolf


I think I mentioned it before(?) but you calling out the whole softing thing is similar to the incident described earlier where you named your whole wolf team in a past game, in that it could be seen as a red herring, or it could just be describing literally what happened in an open way and using the guise of the potential of it as a red herring to detract people from it



But hey apparently only you can judge meta eh
__________________
,,
 ,_, -ー'"{
 ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #1968
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 27
Posts: 405
Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
This is wrong for the simple reason that it is not actually wrong that if 2 town dies in this day then we would lose which is the assumption I was expanding on; I know it's fun and grand to make me look wrong but I'm not wrong on my analysis of that assumption

I also dont have any idea what you're trying to say in the second half of your post lol
There is no difference between lynching someone else today, and sleeping or lynching tps then lynching someone else tomorrow because town is using the same number of lunches at our disposal. Yes, one of these losses today, presumably, while the other loses tomorrow but neither puts town in a position where suddenly parity is no longer a serious issue.
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 02:01 PM   #1969
Celirra
FFR Player
 
Celirra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London, Ontario
Age: 24
Posts: 745
Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra
Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
There is no difference between lynching someone else today, and sleeping or lynching tps then lynching someone else tomorrow because town is using the same number of lunches at our disposal. Yes, one of these losses today, presumably, while the other loses tomorrow but neither puts town in a position where suddenly parity is no longer a serious issue.
I did not describe it as a way to win, I described it as a way to not lose
__________________
,,
 ,_, -ー'"{
 ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 02:04 PM   #1970
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 27
Posts: 405
Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
You're literally conveniently picking pieces of me from a game that was what, over a year ago and in a vastly different environment, in order to fit your narrative that you're refusing to budge on except when it gives you the guise of a more complex personality?
As happy as I am that you're playing your "own game", your own game boils down to either stubbornness as town to the point of detriment, or nigh open wolfing in tone
My biggest problem as town is that I'm not stubborn enough.

Yes, that game was over a year ago, but there haven't been too many wolf games from u since then star has been playing for a year now I think and she's never rolled wolf in forum.

There isn't really much chance for evolution here, I dont think.
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 02:07 PM   #1971
Celirra
FFR Player
 
Celirra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London, Ontario
Age: 24
Posts: 745
Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra
Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
My biggest problem as town is that I'm not stubborn enough.

Yes, that game was over a year ago, but there haven't been too many wolf games from u since then star has been playing for a year now I think and she's never rolled wolf in forum.

There isn't really much chance for evolution here, I dont think.
Self meta is dumb but you're also ignoring the other wolf game that I won and you lost
__________________
,,
 ,_, -ー'"{
 ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 02:08 PM   #1972
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 27
Posts: 405
Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I did not describe it as a way to win, I described it as a way to not lose
Unless I am missing something, ur proposition doesn't "not lose" more than the alternative assuming tonight plays out as the previous nights have.

If I wasn't on the phone I think I could explain this better.
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 02:09 PM   #1973
Celirra
FFR Player
 
Celirra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London, Ontario
Age: 24
Posts: 745
Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra
Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
Unless I am missing something, ur proposition doesn't "not lose" more than the alternative assuming tonight plays out as the previous nights have.

If I wasn't on the phone I think I could explain this better.
If A gets lynched and B gets modkilled right now, and if A and B are both town, and if a town C does in the night, then it is parity and we lose.
If B is lynched, B cant be modkilled, so therefore we do not instantly lose eh
Unless you just slipped and you and tps are both wolves
__________________
,,
 ,_, -ー'"{
 ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 02:11 PM   #1974
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 27
Posts: 405
Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
Self meta is dumb but you're also ignoring the other wolf game that I won and you lost
Yeah I do need to think about what u did that game more. U have me there.
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 02:12 PM   #1975
Celirra
FFR Player
 
Celirra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London, Ontario
Age: 24
Posts: 745
Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra
Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Sunfan why are you limiting yourself all game? it feels like you're holding back


To use ffa's argument last game that he was right for me against you, it feels like you're censoring yourself
__________________
,,
 ,_, -ー'"{
 ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 02:14 PM   #1976
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 27
Posts: 405
Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
If A gets lynched and B gets modkilled right now, and if A and B are both town, and if a town C does in the night, then it is parity and we lose.
If B is lynched, B cant be modkilled, so therefore we do not instantly lose eh
Unless you just slipped and you and tps are both wolves
Well, you are right about the first example. I am not fighting that if a town is lynched and tps is modkilled and is town and [at least] one town and 0 wolves die tonight then town loses.

But in the second, town has no chance of killing wolves [this is assuming tps is town yes]. So, after tps and presumably one villager die tonight, it's permanent lyle starting tomorrow, with the same number of lunches being available to town as before.
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 02:16 PM   #1977
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 27
Posts: 405
Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
Sunfan why are you limiting yourself all game? it feels like you're holding back


To use ffa's argument last game that he was right for me against you, it feels like you're censoring yourself
I dont know what this means. If I vaguely understand what u mean about holding myself back, I mean all I can say is that I'm not doing that??
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 02:17 PM   #1978
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 27
Posts: 405
Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Tbh cel I'm not zoned in on u being a wolf.

I am probably gonna vote in ind/xiz to start.
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 02:17 PM   #1979
Celirra
FFR Player
 
Celirra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London, Ontario
Age: 24
Posts: 745
Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra
Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
Well, you are right about the first example. I am not fighting that if a town is lynched and tps is modkilled and is town and [at least] one town and 0 wolves die tonight then town loses.

But in the second, town has no chance of killing wolves [this is assuming tps is town yes]. So, after tps and presumably one villager die tonight, it's permanent lyle starting tomorrow, with the same number of lunches being available to town as before.
You could argue though that there would also be less complexity by way of fluff people though, and another phase to gain info if needed; I hope you dont actually think if we're going to be in the same situation either way, that we may as well just lose this phase instead of next? Is that actually your argument...?
__________________
,,
 ,_, -ー'"{
 ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 02:18 PM   #1980
Celirra
FFR Player
 
Celirra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: London, Ontario
Age: 24
Posts: 745
Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra
Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I dont know what this means. If I vaguely understand what u mean about holding myself back, I mean all I can say is that I'm not doing that??
It sure feels like you are
__________________
,,
 ,_, -ー'"{
 ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution