Old 09-5-2017, 03:31 PM   #1
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Default Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

Setup is Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

A streamlined and optimized version of Time Travel Turbo.

===

11 Players

1 [Shorted] Timecop OR 1 Time Traveler

1 Time Tinkerer OR 1 Phase Shifter

1 One Shot Assassin OR Paradoxer

6 Vanilla Town

===

1 Almost-One Shot Scrambler OR 1 Almost-One Shot Overloader

1 Mastermind OR 1 Information Broker

==============

[Shorted] Timecop: You're a Cop. Who travels through time. The battery powering your time traveling device seems to have trouble holding a charge.
> Can check the alignment of one player per night by spending 2 charges. Town or Anti-Town are possible results. An action performed against the Timecop by the person the Cop is checking will fail. Begins the game with 1 charge (Max 4). You gain 1 charge every day that you place a vote, and every anti-town seering result that you get refunds 1 charge of the 2 you spent.

Time Traveler: An enigmatic wanderer who can't seem to stay in one place for very long
> Choose an action to perform: Track someone in a previous night phase, watch someone during the current night phase, or place a vote on someone that will be registered at the end of the next day. This vote will not show up on the end of day votecount, and will break a kitb in your favor.

Time Tinkerer: Always messing around with forces beyond your imagination. It's a habit of yours.
> Can guard a player each night. While guarding you are immune to being night killed yourself, but if the person you target would die, you die instead. If you are targeted by a strongman kill, you die. If they get killed via Strongman kill, you both die.

Phase Shifter: A ghost of a human being, your existence spans alternate realities.
> Every night you may choose odd or even. You will phase into that dimension for the night. While in the Odd dimension, all night actions targeting you from players who are registered on the player list with Even numbers will fail. While in the Even dimension, all night actions targeting you from players who are registered on the player list with Odd numbers will fail. If you survive a kill in this manner, your power will fail the following night.

Paradoxer: You struggle with the knowledge that your very existence is a quirk of time.
> Until Night 2, you are a vengeful town, who will kill the player you are voting for if you are lynched. On Night 2, you may make a choice to switch roles from Paradoxer to Ataxian. If you make this change, you lose your vengeful power but instead gain one-time saboteur status (once, if you are targeted by a scum team night action, the action is instead redirected to the person you voted for the previous day phase).

One Shot Assassin: A killer aligned with the forces of good, for reasons only you know. You do your best work in the shadows.
> Every night, you will be given a list containing the bottom 50% of posters in the game. You may once per game select a name from that list to kill. The day phase after you make a kill, you enter a heightened state of awareness. This results in your vote being worth 1.1 for that day phase only.

==============

Almost-One Shot Scrambler: An ace in the information age, your hacking prowess transcends even the laws of time.
> Once per game, you may roleblock a player at night. If you successfully block their night action, this power is recharged and you may use it again
(You may only gain a charge this way once per person).

Almost-One Shot Overloader: You have split yourself up, and your time clones do your work in every era.
> You may choose to activate your power at night: The next day, your final vote target will have a +.1 vote modifier for the rest of the game. During the following day phase after activating this power if your vote target dies, this power is recharged and you may use it again.

Mastermind: A genius criminal who has expanded their ventures into the unregulated bowels of time.
> You may choose to activate this power by targeting another player and specifying a role. For the current night and the next day, if that player dies, you will die as well. On the following night, you switch roles and activity records with that player. They will seer as anti-town, and you will seer as town. Any trackable actions you perform from now on will be swapped with them, and vice versa. When they die, they will flip as the role you chose. When you die, you will flip as your original role and their role will be clarified if they are already dead.

Information Broker: Everything has a price. And its your job to find out just how much some people are willing to pay.
> Begins the game with a one time Ninja OR Strongman Kill, as well as the knowledge if the game contains a Paradoxer. Every night you may choose 2 players. If either of them performs a night action, you will be informed, but not of which one did it. You cannot personally send a kill if you perform this action.

Day Phases will last for 12-hours: days run from 12pm (noon) to 12am (midnight) server time and nights run from midnight to noon.

Phantoms OFF
KitB ON
Insta ON
Nighttalk OFF
OoTC OFF
Wolfchat is Twilight/Anytime
No-lynch is ON
Wolf No-Kill is ON
With the exception of wolf kills, night actions are not randomized if nothing is sent.

=======

Special rules:
(Please read)

Twilight Zone: ON
>Wolves may talk in wolfchat before the game starts

Night actions may be sent through any means as long as I acknowledge receiving it. I suggest Discord (FreezinIce#8347).

=======

Action Resolution (0 = highest priority)

0. Ataxian gains Saboteur status
1. Mastermind finishes switch
2. Scrambler Roleblocks
3. Timecop seerblocks
4. Time Traveller travels
5. Phase Shifter changes dimensions
6. Time Tinkerer protects
7. Information Broker datamines.
8. Overloader gives sticky vote
9. Scum Factional Kill / One-Shot Assassin Kill

AKA follow the golden rule for night action resolution (mostly)
=======

PLAYER LIST

1. inDheart
2. Hakulyte
3. DaBackpack
4. ShadoWolfe > Vanilla Town, Died N1
5. XelNya
6. Wayward Vagabond
7. Charu > Vanilla Town, Lynched D1
8. Blindreper1179
9. the sun fan > Mastermind, Lynched D2
10. Tokzic
11. DarkManticoreX2

Replacements
1. Celirra

=======

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

Last edited by FreezinIce; 09-8-2017 at 01:59 AM..
Old 09-5-2017, 03:32 PM   #2
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Default Re: Turbo XVIII - Time Travel Turbo (Redux)

Roles are being rolled and PMs are being sent. PLEASE DO NOT POST

Please PM me if you do not receive any message

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Old 09-5-2017, 04:21 PM   #3
FreezinIce
FFR Player

All Role PMs have been sent. PM me if you have received nothing.

Game will start at 12pm Server Time on Wednesday, September 6th.

Do not post.

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:
Old 09-6-2017, 12:04 PM   #4
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Day 1 has started and will end in 12 hours at 12am Server Time.

You may now post

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:
Old 09-6-2017, 12:59 PM   #5
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Where everyone? Whoa. Let's fill this thread with white noise, my bad.

Watch this if you forgot what's a Haku mindset.

This is where coaching begins !

I will also randomly include Danganronpa pics because I'm bored and no one is here.

That's Chiaki Nanami. You're welcome. You could read more about her, but you may as well read this thread instead.

== Before I start ==

This friday @ D3 in-game, it's my birthday. I will be most likely celebrating it and going out with friends etc. so, don't be surprised if I'm not fully here.
I'll try to step in for EoD etc. but I'm unlikely to be able to lead the game or do any significant actions during that day. Don't wait for me.
I'm also job hunting and there's a chance I may randomly go afk, but I don't expect this to be a major problem.
If you're having time related issues, you should mention it at this point in the game with as much detail as you can.

e.g: an estimate of when you'll be able to be back and if you have some plan on what to do knowing you have a limited amount of time.
Same thing if you feel like your motivation is low and you're having an off game. It's important to share information that affect yourself.

=============

Without further ado.. [solving Haku!]

You may be wondering if I'm a wolf. I was also wondering the same thing until I received my role PM.

Are you ready?

I'm..

Haku!

Did you expect something else?

The reasonable action here is going to be to wait and see how my other posts looks like and check if I am indeed following my own set of unconscious rules when it comes to game progression.
Now that the part where I do a stupid play is over, we can move on.

Meta reads also say that I will solve myself by next phase, but I wanted to give town a chance to guess my alignment before that. (not gonna lie, I'm tired of typing that one)

=============

[b]Coaching will cover 3 sections for this phase.

[1] Your D0 Agenda
[2] How to Play
[3] How to Begin to Solve D0

=============

[1] Your D0 Agenda:

A) Read the Setup (I'll give a quick overview really boring long wall of text with potential strats since there's 3 PRs in this game, but at the end of the day, I suggest you to do what you want and to not reply to this segment. Ask the host if you have technical questions. I'm only doing this to make you think about the setup.)

I can't believe people will read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
[Shorted] Timecop: You're a Cop. Who travels through time. The battery powering your time traveling device seems to have trouble holding a charge.
> Can check the alignment of one player per night by spending 2 charges. Town or Anti-Town are possible results. An action performed against the Timecop by the person the Cop is checking will fail. Begins the game with 1 charge (Max 4). You gain 1 charge every day that you place a vote, and every anti-town seering result that you get refunds 1 charge of the 2 you spent.
Timecop can bypass others actions by checking the target (including town roles) and regaining a charge.
Mastermind and Almost-One Shot Scrambler are the only direct threats to this role.
The Mastermind can swap with another player to make this role don't work properly and Almost-One Shot Scrambler is able to bypass it with roleblock (and recharge) if it blocks Timecop first try.
If a wolf NK the Timecop and get checked by the Timecop in the same night. The Timecop will not die and the wolf (even if it's the Mastermind swapping color) will be caught at same time because town will know that the wolves could not kill a town player. Well, the exception would be if wolves no-kill. That would be interesting.
This is conditional to the Timecop targeting the person targeting the Timecop. The odds of that are not really high.
Strategy-wise, just go with your guts tbh.

Quote:
Time Traveler: An enigmatic wanderer who can't seem to stay in one place for very long
> Choose an action to perform: Track someone in a previous night phase, watch someone during the current night phase, or place a vote on someone that will be registered at the end of the next day. This vote will not show up on the end of day votecount, and will break a kitb in your favor.
I think you should choose a drastic way to play and completely avoid the vote thing that can break kitb in your favor.
The idea is to not get in conflict with the Wolf Overloader night actions.
Basing a night action over the possibility that kitb will happen is laughable.
Just keep watching players or choose 1-2 days to even skip watching if you want to avoid getting targeted by Information broker.
It's possible to dodge a check and remain clean as if you were a VT because wolves will probably not want to check you twice if they got nothing.

Quote:
Time Tinkerer: Always messing around with forces beyond your imagination. It's a habit of yours.
> Can guard a player each night. While guarding you are immune to being night killed yourself, but if the person you target would die, you die instead. If you are targeted by a strongman kill, you die. If they get killed via Strongman kill, you both die.
You could protect someone that you think the wolves will never NK and enjoy "almost god mode". The goal of that playstyle would be to absorb a NK which should help town immensely. Hard claiming is a pain because Strongman(Information Broker) + Scrambler(roleblock) can technically bypass your role. You will have to judge if you want hold hard claiming until the end of the game or if you want to wait the phase before mylo. Ideally, I think you don't want to hard claim until mylo even if CC could be a pain. I believe you can outargue your CC if you explain who you protected and why. By mylo, town should have enough info to follow you.

Quote:
Phase Shifter: A ghost of a human being, your existence spans alternate realities.
> Every night you may choose odd or even. You will phase into that dimension for the night. While in the Odd dimension, all night actions targeting you from players who are registered on the player list with Even numbers will fail. While in the Even dimension, all night actions targeting you from players who are registered on the player list with Odd numbers will fail. If you survive a kill in this manner, your power will fail the following night.
Flip a coin and pray. If no one dies during the night, make sure to note the players in the player list who were on the same dimension as you. So, you should probably only consider hard claiming if you think you've caught a wolf with your target pool. What sucks is that I don't think you're informed if you survived a kill. Therefore, you're probably going to be lynched the next phase. I'd probably have tendency to yolo a play here, but be careful about it I guess.

Quote:
Paradoxer: You struggle with the knowledge that your very existence is a quirk of time.
> Until Night 2, you are a vengeful town, who will kill the player you are voting for if you are lynched. On Night 2, you may make a choice to switch roles from Paradoxer to Ataxian. If you make this change, you lose your vengeful power but instead gain one-time saboteur status (once, if you are targeted by a scum team night action, the action is instead redirected to the person you voted for the previous day phase).
I would personally stay vengeful until 2 phases before mylo and swap Ataxian for that second to last phase and then hard claim in mylo. I guess the play can be accelerated if your hard claim become highly valuable for winning the game, but otherwise I wouldn't bother. An example for a hard claim would be if there's like only 1 wolf left and you're the other "suspicious player" remaining. I guess you can ataxian sooner if you don't want to deal with vengeful in a situation where you're really lost with who to vote. Many options tbh.

Quote:
One Shot Assassin: A killer aligned with the forces of good, for reasons only you know. You do your best work in the shadows.
> Every night, you will be given a list containing the bottom 50% of posters during the previous day. You may once per game select a name from that list to kill. The day phase after you make a kill, you enter a heightened state of awareness. This results in your vote being worth 1.1 for that day phase only.
I rolled this last Time travel. I shot someone D0 and hard claim D2 with the idea to give town an edge. This didn't work too well and I ended up dying for little to no reward. I think shooting D2 after card flips is better followed by a hard claim on D3 unless you see a massive slip. If you're afraid to get killed N1, you may as well shoot too. You could delay the hard claim 1-2 days I guess. I just think it should be said before mylo in your case because it's easier for wolves to CC One Shot Assassin. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. There's a giant pile of meta hidden behind your 50% kill list. Make sur you keep up with who is active and why they're active.

========
WOLF ROLES
========

Quote:
Almost-One Shot Scrambler: An ace in the information age, your hacking prowess transcends even the laws of time.
> Once per game, you may roleblock a player at night. If you successfully block their night action, this power is recharged and you may use it again
(You may only gain a charge this way once per person).
This is a pretty weak roleblocker tbh. If they miss, it's over, they're a vanilla wolf. I was thinking at strats involving not performing night actions to make them waste their roleblock, but with 6 VTs it's actually not that bad. Since town have night actions that can literally counter NKs, you may as well do your actions. I don't really have a strategy for tracking Roleblocker. At first I thought wolves would have to pay extra attention to the game, but they can have 1 player not care at all while the other inform the other player in details what's going on during the night phase. So, it's just going to be basic 101 scumhunt stuff here.

Quote:
Almost-One Shot Overloader: You have split yourself up, and your time clones do your work in every era.
> You may choose to activate your power at night: The next day, your final vote target will have a +.1 vote modifier for the rest of the game. During the following day phase after activating this power if your vote target dies, this power is recharged and you may use it again.
There's 2 worlds here. You target your wolf partner, but you deal with the reality that your wolf partner may get identified within a wagon if there's weird unexplainable lynches. You can target a town, but you have to make sure they're wrong. Basically, reverse engineering an Overloader has to do with weird things happening with wagons and you're more likely to find the wolf's partner than the Overloader itself. Probably won't want to do connections unless there's 3 phases worth of weird data because of the option of overloader going town(dead) -> wolf -> town. I could be wrong if you can self-target tho. May want host to clarify that part. I don't expect town to find you with wagons tbh.

Quote:
Mastermind: A genius criminal who has expanded their ventures into the unregulated bowels of time.
> You may choose to activate this power by targeting another player and specifying a role. For the current night and the next day, if that player dies, you will die as well. On the following night, you switch colors and activity records with that player. They will seer as anti-town, and you will seer as town. Any trackable actions you perform from now on will be swapped with them, and vice versa. When they die, they will flip as the role you chose. When you die, you will flip as your original role and their role will be clarified if they are already dead.
So, you can gain the power of the other PRs ? That sounds like another boss role like Timecop. At same time, if you find a PR, aren't you going to die if they die?
So, if you become a PR and use PR roles defensively and a Town PR fails to do an action...
They can just make the PR related to your role hard claim, lynch it and then you die without even being able to defend yourself because mechanics.
So, this game has a suicidal wolf role? Noted.

Quote:
Information Broker: Everything has a price. And its your job to find out just how much some people are willing to pay.
> Begins the game with a one time Ninja OR Strongman Kill, as well as the knowledge if the game contains a Paradoxer. Every night you may choose 2 players. If either of them performs a night action, you will be informed, but not of which one did it. You cannot personally send a kill if you perform this action.
If someone do a weird call about specifically Paradoxer or One Shot Assassin. It may be a major wolf slip.
If someone is baiting for information between 2 players. It may be another major wolf slip.
If someone is staying UTR in hope to not die. This could be it as well. (well, this apply to every wolves)
I expect wolves to try to protect this role at all cost because the other wolves have weak tools in comparison.
Last time travel had an active wolf team because town had One Shot Assassin and they had to try to avoid to be in the 50% post count list. If they know Paradoxer is in this game tho, they may play more passively anyway. In a way, you could almost guess if we have Paradoxer or One Shot Assassin even as town if you pay attention to how postcount evolves etc.

Conclusion: So, you've read that wall of text, you have a few Town strategies in mind, but not so much to say about wolves? Well, you're mindmelding with me if you're here. I did this to show that it's still not so obvious to backtrack wolves. If you want to find them, you'll have to also rely on reducing your lynch pool by making a town circle and asking others about second opinions etc. The rest of this post is about that.

B) Keep track of player's disponibility.

Activity is a little more key than usual in this game because of the Paradoxer vs One Shot Assassin thing. Pushes are more valuable than that, but you may end up in the right place if you consider both. Just like I did at the beginning of this post with my birthday, you want to be aware of who is active and why. Your interactions are limited to who is viewing the thread and while you can ask questions to someone that's not here, you're more likely to progress with reads by taking advantage of those who are here. Make sure you express concerns about who's constantly staying in the dark.

C) Questions

If players don't follow your win con ideology or act weird, push them about what they're doing.

You should also give yourself the goal of solving yourself if you can. Get your head in the game, take the initiave and try to figure things out constantly. You may be wrong multiple times, but the point is to show town that you're also here to help them. This is valuable town contribution in a way.

Find other players that shares your values. You can reward players for doing the same things as you, but don't fully town read them until game progression, flips and everything feels connected. A wolf flip doesn't mean that your wagon is filled by town. If the game progression is awkward, they're still not clear. If they're a wolf and got solid game progression, you may also want to try to figure out if someone seems to arguably know too much e.g: a really strong read list by example.

[2] How to Play

Oh hey, you thought I was done writing potential white noise? Nope. There's more. (like seriously, where everyone?)

== THE TWELVE PRINCIPLES ==

1. Take the initiative to share your ideas.

What to do: (I think X player is town because _____ I think Y player is wolf because _____ I think Z player is stuck in null and idk if it's a good thing because _____ )

Why: There's always a reason why players are viewed a certain way and players need feedback from every players to double check their own reads.

2. Realize the potential difference between your values and how others play.

What to do: Are they on an off game? Are their reads weaker because they had less time to play? Did they spend the entire phase tunneling on one person? etc.

Why: Identifying false positives from wolves is a tricky thing to do most of the time. You may have to go beyond the argument and ask for whereabouts for the motives/intentions etc. and consider this as well. Sometimes wolves are outplaying a bad player and this is usually the only way to still catch the wolf. Don't limit yourself to "plays/actions".

3. Take the right attitude.

What to do: try to be flexible and neutral, you're here to solve a game. You want to maintain an atmosphere that favorize that goal. Think at what would benefit the most town based on the current situation. Should I compromise if I feel like I may have weaker reads? Should I confront if I feel like I need to know if the other person reads are legit? Should I push a vote if I feel like I understand the entire game better than all the other towns? Should I push back a player if I don't understand where their reads are coming from even if they're good ones ? Yeah, there's a time for all of these things, but you need a specific attitude while approaching these things if you want to get somewhere.

Why: Efficient communication has to do with communicating ideas, but also listening just as much. Even if you solve the entire game by yourself somehow, you'll have to gather votes and get people on your side. The alternative objective way to ignore that would be to find ways to town read them, but you may not have always that option. The "how" you deal with a conflict is surprisingly important and favoritism can end up being a thing if you're not careful on long term.

4. Eliminate obstacles.

What to do: Someone spent the entire game posting some anime.gif and contributed nothing? Force them to explain themselves. Someone keeps finding excuses to do nothing? Force them to explain themselves. They're playing poorly? Make them describe what's going on with them. They're playing like Gods, but have little to no progression? Ring the alarm and prepare the round table.

Why: Solving conflicts is a top priority for making a town circle.We had players from other sites (thinking Witch of Certainty here) who literally had a playstyle over voting suspicious wolves candidate and nothing else. They would literally not vote if they thought they didn't knew.

5. Consult players for thoughts, compare and develop ideas with them.

What to do: Invite others to care about existing but also developing ideas on the spot. Listen to them as well, they may have figured something you didn't.

Why: If you play the consumer way @ I distribute my reads and I run away, you're missing an important part of the game. The interactions is a 2nd layer that helps reading players properly. I understand that many players prefer to "live and let the others live", but some things can only be understood by cohabiting with someone else.

6. Time is limited so try to give fast and clear answers, but develop on them as you need to.

What to do: There's no point to write a book about something that can be summarized in two lines. Other players will appreciate readability/clarity especially for revisiting the thread.

Why: Look at this very post and tell me you want to read posts this long consistently. Like seriously, that's insanity. You will want me to get to the point and shorten information, but you may want me to expand on something that interests you. That's fishing in a way, but there's nothing wrong with good fishing. This post is no lake, it's an ocean. There's such a thing as too much and this is it.

7. Be present. Scout the thread.

What to do: Reread the thread. Stay up to date and try to explain how your vision of it is evolving. It may not solve the game by itself, but it shows that you care and that can help others solve you. (game progression)

Why: Wolves have a hard time being super active because they need to cover up everything they're doing. By forcing them to be present and active, you're getting in the way of their agenda. They're forced into more passive playstyles unless they're really confident in their play.

8. Communicate and inform.

What to do: Something weird happened? Unexpected events are getting in the way of your game? There's conflicts, but you don't really know if there's a wolf here? Tell town about it. Concerns are important because they could lead to solving a player.

Why: Every town players has to tell themselves "Why is player A doing X action. Why is player A acting this way? (intention) etc. etc. the faster you plan ahead and explain things as they are, the better it's going to be later on even if it's not particularly important at first. I'm not even talking about reads here, I'm talking about explaining incomplete thoughts and giving a feel of where you are.

9. Try to group up with about half of the players and show some dynamism about ideas.

What to do: At the end of the day, you're going to need vote support if you're getting somewhere and it's important to share the right values to get others on your side. (that doesn't make you more town, but it's required for getting majority vote.)

Why: Even as town, you want to sort of monitor where votes are likely to go and why. Ideally, you want to do this a few hours even before EoD so it gives you room to prepare for the actual EoD.

10. Animate the game and have some fun too.

What to do: Shitposting early game is actually viable. It gives you a feel of how motivated the others are. It's important that everyone keeps the right attitude. Players perform better when they're having fun. It's just a matter of knowing when to get more serious. Fun shouldn't be used as an excuse to dodge solving the game tho. It can be wolfy too.

Why: TWG is kind of a competitive game, but more importantly it's also a team game in a way. Decisionmaking and flexibility has to do with tolerance. You want to keep your horizons open, but you also want to know when to be decisive. You need a balance between competitive spirit and caring about others and it's easier to keep that balance by knowing how to read the atmosphere of the game.

11. Center the game over doing actions.

What to do: Actions are the main way to read into the player intentions. This is the way to see if what people say and what people think are the same thing. So, it's acceptable to attempt to push the game in a certain direction if you think it's going to help town etc.

Why: Making a read list is an action in a way, but complementing their reads and seeing them vote according to it is what makes you associate actions together. Willingness to further explore something is important as well.

12. Support, encourage and follow players in their thought process.

What to do: I've seen countless situations where players were fighting each others over why X play was better than Y play. I've rarely seen someone fully explore what another player has to offer. I think you should try to let others fully explore their ideas and what it means before potentially deciding if it's a good or a bad idea)

Why: The wolf team's job is going to try to disrupt and slow down that process because they don't want town to make a town circle. They want to be able to hide as long as possible while keeping options open. Fully exploring ideas can end conflicts and force the game in a certain direction.

============

Conclusion: A quick review of my own post gives me the impression that I'm not expressing my thoughts in an harmonious way. It feels a little robotic and doesn't give justice at all to my vision of my own thoughts. I guess this is where everyone else can come in and tell me what's wrong. Theory and practice seems very different. I don't think I can convey complete coaching ideas by myself perfectly. I can see the limitations, but hey, it's just an overall guideline. I'm dependant of everyone's contribution and if I'm alone on this, it's no surprise that it looks awkward. (just like every time I try to do something different)

[3] How to Begin to Solve D0
1. Realize the facts at your disposal
- The Setup is filled with facts about roles. (See: D0 Agenda part)
- Understand the Wolves win con vs Town win con and what it means in terms of behavior. (See: How to Play)
- Wolves will logically try to mislynch/kill PRs because they're their main obstacle.
- Wolves will try to hide behind major interactions. (2 wolves vs 9 towns won't live very long if they're the center of attention)
- Town will try to get a feel of what everyone is doing.
- There's a few mechanical subtleties that may show a bit e.g: Paradoxer vs One Shot Assassin.
- The win conditions will inevitably lead to certain behaviors. If you can't find wolves, you should simply focus on finding as many towns as you can until you can get wolves by process of elimination.

2. Getting into Wolf finding mindset:
Let's say you're at the start of a labyrinth and you need to reach the end, but you only have one chance. How would you go about it?
The answer to this would be to mentally start from the end and backtrack all the way back to your starting point. Once you reach the beginning, you can now follow that path and you should reach the end in one try.
TWG works the same way. You know 2 players are wolves in this game. You know their win condition is to artificially disrupt town and make them mislynch each others until they win.
I just explained what's ideal for what to do as town above.
Now you can actually start the fun part and try to guess how wolves will subjectively attempt to push the game in the wrong direction.
If they don't need to do that, you may want to try to push the game yourself in another direction and try to figure out how others react to that change.
Surprisingly, during D0 wolves usually do nearly nothing because town tend to naturally mislynch a random town. You get very natural fights over principles and something weird tend to somehow happen.
I suggest starting to attempt to make some sort of town circle instead of hunting wolves D0 and try to figure out if you have a strange null pool of players.

There's more, but I'm falling asleep reading myself. (I'm never coaching again)

I'll go take a nap. brb.
Old 09-6-2017, 01:03 PM   #6
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
[b]Coaching will cover 3 sections for this phase.
I forgot the [/b]

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 09-6-2017, 01:05 PM   #7
Hakulyte
the Haku

This game is intense.
Old 09-6-2017, 01:20 PM   #8
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

I am a:
⚪ Man
⚪ Woman
�� Villager

Looking for:
⚪ Men
⚪ Women
�� Wolves
Old 09-6-2017, 01:21 PM   #9
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
I am a:
⚪ Man
⚪ Woman
�� Villager

Looking for:
⚪ Men
⚪ Women
�� Wolves
o fuk
Old 09-6-2017, 01:21 PM   #10
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
I forgot the [/b]

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
posting fail keyboardmeld
Old 09-6-2017, 01:24 PM   #11
Hakulyte
the Haku

Need more efforts. Hi inDheart!

1. inDheart - This player needs to work on weighting game progression and actions.
2. Hakulyte - This player needs to get better at like everything, but he's trying at least.
3. DaBackpack - This player needs to share his agenda with everyone while playing detective or else everyone will be confused.
4. ShadoWolfe - This player is hard to read and I hope he does something about it.
5. XelNya - This player know its own weakness. It has to do with game progression.
6. Wayward Vagabond - This player needs to share goals/motivation on top of doing actions or else no one knows what he's doing.
7. Charu - This bird has sometimes unclear intentions and game involvement is random, but it's a bird so, I forgive him.
8. Blindreper1179 - This player needs to work on intentions vs actions because they're like two different worlds and that makes other players want to only choose one when both are important.
9. the sun fan - This player needs to think about how to optimize interactions to avoid complications.
10. Tokzic - This player needs to embrace JUSTICE and ORDER instead of CHAOS.
11. DarkManticoreX2 - This player may end up spending the game fighting his own activity (again).
Old 09-6-2017, 01:31 PM   #12
Hakulyte
the Haku

inDheart. You have a problem.

I am the problem.
We need to have some sort of game plan, goals, ambitions, dreams, things to do together.
I see you want to embrace the career of wolf detective, but there's more than that.
You need sources. You need to figure out who are your allies. You want that town circle.
You need me. I need you.

We're in love. I'll go find a wolf suit since you're only looking for wolves.

There.

Happy Ending.
Old 09-6-2017, 01:59 PM   #13
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

haku what the fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 09-6-2017, 01:59 PM   #14
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Haku
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
Old 09-6-2017, 02:03 PM   #15
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
haku what the fuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
Haku
Yes, this is good. Describe what you see.
Old 09-6-2017, 02:04 PM   #16
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Quote:
Yes, this is good. Describe what you see.
that was a profound exercise in shitposting, I'm honestly humbled, Haku

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 09-6-2017, 02:04 PM   #17
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

also hello from office hours, does anybody have any questions about Project 1?

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 09-6-2017, 02:07 PM   #18
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

also, has anybody in this thread played この世の果てで恋を歌う少女YU-NO?

it might help me communicate secretly with you since this is a time-travel-themed game

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Old 09-6-2017, 02:09 PM   #19
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Quote:
Host clarification: Vote Modifier means the final vote target will receive +.1 more votes for the rest of the game. To use old TWG terms they have a phantom.

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Quote:

Last edited by FreezinIce; 09-6-2017 at 02:10 PM..
Old 09-6-2017, 02:15 PM   #20
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

also, it is very easy for me to chain consecutive posts using the adverb "also" even if none of the posts have anything to do with each other semantically

Quote:
no one cares
Quote:
Closed Thread